Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• ...?

Dan10 posted: »

HOPE AVEST DIES ON THIS LUL

• i dare what I please.

...?

• For a legitimate story reason, I'd actually get behind that. I'd suggested early on if a romance option was made available for Avesta, killing her off might be done for emotional impact. Sadly, it's late in the game for that kind of weight. She'd have to die next season for any valid impact.

Dan10 posted: »

HOPE AVEST DIES ON THIS LUL

• I legit have no idea what Telltale are going to do with her character now. Maybe she will appear more if John becomes a vigilante, because the trailer for Villain John shows Catwoman fighting alongside Bruce as the partner she is if you chose so in episode 3.

Therefore that leaves our poor Avesta with no real purpose. Maybe a distant ally.

• For real though...

Does anyone have a reason why they want Avesta for a romance? I mean it seems like this all started just because there was a close up of her ass for 0.5 seconds smh

• Because the series hasn't given us a viable alternative to Selina, or a woman who isn't a costumed character herself, and Avesta has clearly built up a connection to Bruce via her knowledge of what makes him tick. That said there's a worrying possibility she could end up as another Vicki and betray him, which would be a tad cheap.

Poogers555 posted: »

For real though... Does anyone have a reason why they want Avesta for a romance? I mean it seems like this all started just because there was a close up of her ass for 0.5 seconds smh

• smh fellas.

• Maybe that is because Bruce is not interested in a regular woman who is not a costumed character herself?

It is Selina or no one. I would bet on it.

Let's face it. There is nothing special about Avesta as for now. Sure, she is quite intelligent and has a crush on Batman... But do we know how many intelligent women who also adore Batman are there living their quiet normal lives in Gotham City? If I would have to guess I would say: a lot. And how many women disguised in a leather costume with cat-like ears are running on rooftops of Gotham City and challenging The Batman? There is only one...

Because the series hasn't given us a viable alternative to Selina, or a woman who isn't a costumed character herself, and Avesta has clearly

• Honestly, I would rather my Bruce be with Avesta, for one, because at this point in the game I view TT's Selina (in my playthrough) as an ally and good friend, not a romantic interest.

She seems too flighty at times. I'd honestly like to believe that she will stick around this time. I would love that, and at that point that shedoes I might change my mind about her being just Bruce's friend, but I can't get over the feeling that she'll just end up leaving again.

As for Avesta, I think (unless they pull another Vicki Vale which would be too cliché) that she's an unpstanding character with ideals and morals that align with Bruce's. She would be more stable and happier sticking around I think than Selina would be. Somehow I can't imagine Selina being happy with that life. But maybe she would be; I could be wrong about that.

I really hope Selina doesn't die though; that would be terrible and heartbreaking.

Aaaaand sorry for the long post. :)

For real though... Does anyone have a reason why they want Avesta for a romance? I mean it seems like this all started just because there was a close up of her ass for 0.5 seconds smh

• The first young lady to date Batman was an actress, although through different publications her profession and background would alter between artist, entrepreneur, ect. She has been portrayed with him at different points of the series for decades. Julie Madson.

Another of his interests that didn't wear a costume until recently would be Vicki Vale, his Lois Lane of the series and has been among his love interests since the 1980's or about.

He's also dated a nurse, a GCPD officer, a college friend, another news reporter, a model, Alfred's daughter, a museum curator, his bodyguard, a concert pianist, and a radio host among others.

Some of these relationships were short lived. Some of these were reoccurring. A few of his other relationships would have also resulted in marriage if not for untimely demise. I know a lot of people think the Cat and the Bat are the only pair in Gotham.... but that's fairly recent honestly in terms of his history. Selina tends to be more notable due to the depictions in movies, and games. None of these include his other costumed romances.

Gartives posted: »

Maybe that is because Bruce is not interested in a regular woman who is not a costumed character herself? It is Selina or no one. I would

• edited March 2018

But no offense to those who would prefer Selina and think that she is the more probable choice of the two.

Of course she is the more probable choice of the two (at least currently). She plainly stated in season two that she wanted a relationship with Bruce; she's been in both seasons; they've fought alongside one another; they've kissed; she's Bruce's love interest in an uncountable number of movies, comic books, tv series, etc.

A relatsionship with Avesta is pure conjecture at this point. But that doesn't mean I don't hope it happens.

• edited March 2018

Oh I know the whole story, I am comics reader myself, but there are two things:

1 - There is no indication of any other romantic relationship between Bruce and anyone else except Selina in the TTG games - and I belive this we were discussing here (because Avesta is non existent in the comics of course).

2 - As for the comics - Taking into consideration for how many decades these comics are running - of course there were other women, the thing is it is Selina who is always the main love interest of Bruce - she comes and goes but always returns and always plays a huge role in the story. Every other medium (games, movies, tv series), every iteration pair them together. That means something.

But the point of my previous post was not to prove how unique Selina really is, because I do not want to start this war again, but how common and really not extraordinary interesting in the terms of relationship Avesta is.

Do not get me wrong, I like Avesta as a character, I just do not see the reason why Bruce should be paired with each character in this game who smiles at him even once, especially if this character gets like total 10 minutes of action in the background in the whole season.

Poptarts posted: »

The first young lady to date Batman was an actress, although through different publications her profession and background would alter betwee

• Are you saying that Bane and I will never have something special?

Oh I know the whole story, I am comics reader myself, but there are two things: 1 - There is no indication of any other romantic relation

• Catwoman booty

smh fellas.

• edited March 2018

@Derek Metaltron:
    Avesta has clearly built up a connection to Bruce via her knowledge of what makes him tick.

But, that's her job. She knows a lot about Batman because she's a big fan, and then she knows a lot about Bruce because she was ordered to investigate. She might know him -- a lot about him, even his secret identity -- but so far it's not exactly reciprocal. We don't know much about her, she suddenly intrudes with all this knowledge on Bruce and Batman, finds out his secret identity, and then also tells Waller about it. I get it, it's her job, but I'm totally not trustworthy of her just yet.

While I'd love this relationship with Avesta to grow stronger, I do feel this thread was created way too prematurely. There's really not enough to go on to make a discussion. (Just a whole lot of hopes and dreams initiated by... what exactly? Her interest in Batman is clearly because she's just a fan, and her knowledge of Bruce Wayne is simply because that's her job.) I hope I'm not the only one who had a really bad first impression of her as Bruce. All that insinuation of Bruce "being just like [his] father" trying to get him to slip up was not too pleasing.

Again, different opinons and all, just stating mine. No worries.

• I disagree after Episode 1, she seemed like a viable option for romance.

AChicken posted: »

@Derek Metaltron: Avesta has clearly built up a connection to Bruce via her knowledge of what makes him tick. But, that's her job

• There was nothing at all that pointed to a romance between Bruce and Avesta in episode 1, so if it started there... it started with absolutely nothing.
    I am sorry to say it since it seems to be what some of you really want, but it is as big of a chance with a romance between Avesta and Bruce as there is one with Harley and Bruce at this moment... you can hope that something might develop for upcoming seasons... but for now there is pretty much nothing at all.

I would guess we will see Avesta in episode five for a few minutes with one or two scenes... perhaps she will be more "active" in the villain path but I don't see her playing a major role in episode five, there will not be a huge plot twist around her and Bruce and her will not fall in love.

Zjaa6 posted: »

I disagree after Episode 1, she seemed like a viable option for romance.

• she's an unpstanding character with ideals and morals that align with Bruce's. She would be more stable and happier sticking around I think than Selina would be.

Exactly Avesta ideals are VERY similar to Bruce's ideals and when he is Batman too. I think the more we saw this in this Season 2 and hopefully in S3(PLEASE!!!!! TELLTALE!!!!).

I want there to be a Avesta and Bruce romance and maybe we will see it in S3. I really like there being sometime like that. But Avesta has shown hints of being a fan of Batman(cause she is)and possibly having a interest of riding in the batmobile and we sort of offered her a job to work with us.

Honestly, I would rather my Bruce be with Avesta, for one, because at this point in the game I view TT's Selina (in my playthrough) as an al

• What about me and Alfred?!

Binocucom posted: »

Are you saying that Bane and I will never have something special?

• No, what about me and Freeze???

BigBadPaul posted: »

What about me and Alfred?!

• edited March 2018

and possibly having a interest of riding in the batmobile

If the point is to let her ride the batmobile, then maybe instead of any romantic relationship Bruce should just offer her a temporary job as his chauffeur, when Alfred will finally decide to go on that vacation...

strwar3 posted: »

she's an unpstanding character with ideals and morals that align with Bruce's. She would be more stable and happier sticking around I think

• Driving Mister Bruce instead of Driving Miss Daisy? ?

But seriously, I think @strwar3 makes a good point about a possible Season 3. Avesta could be an interest, depending on what happens next episode. She very well could die next episode though...but hopefully not. :)

and possibly having a interest of riding in the batmobile If the point is to let her ride the batmobile, then maybe instead of any r

• edited March 2018

You're just not good at reading women's behaviour if you missed the hints... now us true gentlemen (LOL) picked up the subtle hints in episode 1 due to her conversation with Batman this no way equals a romance but the hints are there which are easy to read. Like for instance that woman in the red dress in episode 1... I didn't need the dialogue options to tell me she was subtly interested.

19Street95 posted: »

There was nothing at all that pointed to a romance between Bruce and Avesta in episode 1, so if it started there... it started with absolute

• Bruce deserves a gorgeous, classy woman like Avesta.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

@Binocucom posted:
    Are you saying that Bane and I will never have something special?

@BigBadPaul posted:
    What about me and Alfred?!

@Tiefling posted:
    No, what about me and Freeze???

It looks like all of you spelt Frank wrong.

OzzyUK posted: »

@Binocucom posted: Are you saying that Bane and I will never have something special? @BigBadPaul posted: What about

• To be honest I wouldn't mind if players are given the option to romance Avesta in the final episode because it can add to some character development if done right like after Joker escapes Bruce decides he has to talk to Avesta about the riddler's blood that she destroyed and they end up going to the Café that John and Bruce went to, they talk and feel a connection between them, but Joker appears with his men is able to take Avesta hostage but if Bruce helps her escape they are able to have a romance. I don't know, just an idea about how they can make a romance option in one episode.

• That sounds interesting and very good! I think it's possible we might have some talk with Avesta at some point in Episode 5 of S2. I like this theory and it is something to think about.

To be honest I wouldn't mind if players are given the option to romance Avesta in the final episode because it can add to some character dev

• edited March 2018

I'm expecting several outcomes for characters, I believe we could have an option for Avesta to come work for us.

• I was interested in her as a potential romance as a rejection of Harley (manipulative, psychotic killer, horrendous personality/voice) or Selina (manipulative, complicit in crimes, emotionally damaged) in lieu of someone who might actually have morals which are compatible with my version of Bruce/Bats. I reject the argument that if you experience bad, that gives you sort of a pass to do bad yourself. Plus, since she knew who he was, Bruce could avoid having to lie to someone he was involved with.

• I like the possibility of her as an optional romance as a TellTale original character to experience something less predictable. A lot of Batman's romances have been done over the years, and of them Catwoman is among the most formulaic. Having an original character involved would given them licence to be more experimental with Bruce's emotions/stability/and alliances.

If it had been explored earlier, it had some real potential to put some drama in a lot of our options, and put some strain on our character as he struggles between Waller and Gordon. A romance with either Avesta or a much more fleshed out romance with Harley Quinn could've been truly interesting in story elements if TellTale had wished to delve that deep.

It's actually a shame the romance between himself and Harley Quinn wasn't further explored. As tough as Batman is, it could've been interesting to see if he might've been vulnerable to this version of Harley's level of manipulations as he is a troubled, damaged man himself.

It might've been entertaining if romancing Avesta lead to investigating more about Catwoman and gaining more detailed information regarding her relationship with Riddler, maybe some additional security footage, notations he'd made, or had the opportunity to see the Agency's footage of Riddler in his time with the Agency.

Mostly, I would've been interested in the extra lore either might've opened up. The cat and mouse game was entertaining when it was fresh, but there were no risks taken with it here yet. That said, I'm still looking forward to Ep 5 in a short while and hope that Selina fans are catered toward and get some great moments with her. If there is another season, I hope we're offered a romance with a different character for something new and interesting.

• For me? Honestly? It's because the Selina romance has been done a million times and I've seen it all before. So i'm not really pro Avesta romance. I'm just pro anyone but Selina romance. Anyone new for me would suffice.

• True True I know this isn't an rpg but it's a narrative adventure so the more options the better.

AnimalBoy posted: »

For me? Honestly? It's because the Selina romance has been done a million times and I've seen it all before. So i'm not really pro Avesta romance. I'm just pro anyone but Selina romance. Anyone new for me would suffice.

• I personally would rather have Avesta as a friend and partner then a romance interest.

• Well Poogers there are enough subtle hints that Avesta has a crush on Batman. She states she is a huge fan of his, works alongside him in episode 4, and even asks to join him when she finishes her work for Waller in episode 4. So there are enough valid points to see a romance being possible. I personally prefer the Catwoman romance but there are lots of people who are fond of Avesta so they should get a romance option for her at least.

• Without spoiling too much one of episode 5's ending might keep the flame of this thread burning.

Hehe.

• Can you possibly put that in the spoiler thread? Curious to know.

Without spoiling too much one of episode 5's ending might keep the flame of this thread burning. Hehe.

• I'll do that.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Can you possibly put that in the spoiler thread? Curious to know.

• Thanks.

I'll do that.

• edited March 2018

Nvm, I read what you wrote wrong lol

Without spoiling too much one of episode 5's ending might keep the flame of this thread burning. Hehe.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.