Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• Now she's a Wayne COO

strwar3 posted: »

Avesta has always been a great character and I can't wait to see her again S3 cause I made a decision for her to work with me.

• edited March 2018

Avesta and Bruce will lead Gotham.

• Bruvesta

Zjaa6 posted: »

Avesta and Bruce will lead Gotham.

• edited July 2018

I'm not trying to sound weird here, but if I was Bruce, I would definitely go after her. She might not be athletic or an expert in H2H combat like Catwoman. She showed to be a nice person and I think women like Avesta are the sexiest.

• I think if ppl are making her Talia All Ghul than it would be a Telltale version of Talia than what we have known from movies and games. I like Avesta being a potential romance possibility to show how much we will get to know her more in S3

TomCat2015 posted: »

I'm not trying to sound weird here, but if I was Bruce, I would definitely go after her. She might not be athletic or an expert in H2H combat like Catwoman. She showed to be a nice person and I think women like Avesta are the sexiest.

• well Avesta is clearly league of assassins so that fixes that problem.

ScootyZ posted: »

Wouldn't like to see any romance interest tbh. The only good one was Vicki, but she's a villain! Yay?

• They seem to be planting the seeds somewhat with Avesta as a character moving forward. I'm sure she will end up working at Wayne Enterprises regardless of choice if there is a Season 3. Just like Catwoman and John will be enemy or friend.

• edited April 2018

Avesta doesn't have to wear Spandex and make-up to look great ?

• That doesn't really make sense.

Riddler was an evil and crazy villain since before Bruce was born, he says that in Ep 1, and Alfred and Gordon talk about how dangerous he was.

So yeah, the virus made him crazy, but he was always an evil and insane murderer.

But she was friends with him before he was driven insane. The Riddler that Selina was friends with isn't the same Riddler that tortured people and killed Lucius.

• Yeah the virus just made him worse.

Kaelthas posted: »

That doesn't really make sense. Riddler was an evil and crazy villain since before Bruce was born, he says that in Ep 1, and Alfred and G

• Selina is a fine ally but not for romance, I'm happy to help and protect her but as a friend

• edited April 2018

depending on your decisions, Waller does say that Avesta is fond of you, which means she is interested. Too bad there was no scene where you take her to that favourite restuarant of hers

• I'm pretty sure we will see us taking her to her favorite restaurant in S3. I am looking forward to that scene.

speedkicks posted: »

depending on your decisions, Waller does say that Avesta is fond of you, which means she is interested. Too bad there was no scene where you take her to that favourite restuarant of hers

• They seem to be planting the seeds with Avesta's character and her being a potential romance option as well.

• My Brucey shalt be getting all romantic with Miss Avesta... he's too busy lusting over John at Arkham ;)

• edited April 2018

I think it is because we asked for it and they delivered and I'm soooooo happy!

They seem to be planting the seeds with Avesta's character and her being a potential romance option as well.

• I 100% agree with you. Her face, personality and voice is what makes me wish I was Bruce in this game.

Avesta doesn't have to wear Spandex and make-up to look great ?

• They don't want none! Love AJ Styles!

strwar3 posted: »

When the moment that romance option happens between Iman Avesta/Bruce Wayne? This will play! Phenomenal Batman I think that's how she sees Batman.

• Let's just hope a Season 3 gets announced at some point.

• wrasslin references

soullessdan posted: »

They don't want none! Love AJ Styles!

• edited April 2018

BruceVesta

TomCat2015 posted: »

I 100% agree with you. Her face, personality and voice is what makes me wish I was Bruce in this game.

• BruvestaForever

BruceVesta

• Can you guys stop bumping this thread if you have nothing new to say... it is not a discussion to write the same thing over and over again... getting quite repetitive. I think we all made our points pretty clear how we feel about this topic in this 32 pages... if somebody got something new that would be great to post it, but not this.

• edited April 2018

Have to agree with @19Street95 I’m all for supporting a Bruce and Avesta relationship, but people shouldn’t continually bump this thread just because. Typing Bruvesta over and over is not a conversation. It’s pretty much spamming at this point.

• you done did it to them

19Street95 posted: »

Can you guys stop bumping this thread if you have nothing new to say... it is not a discussion to write the same thing over and over again..

• BruceVesta was typed like three times lol, not a big deal

• Anyways I'm hoping for a love triangle of some sort next season. It would be really interesting with Avesta and Selina because they are both great characters.

• I still wonder if Vicki is still out there, waiting to strike Bruce again.

I was burnt with Vicki. Never again. The Bat walks alone. ...unless Zatanna shows up, then all bets are off.

• Yeah I'm just waiting for her to real her head around again in Season 3.

I still wonder if Vicki is still out there, waiting to strike Bruce again.

• edited July 2018

I'm starting to think it will be a while until next Season unfortunately, Telltale just made a deal with Netflix, I'm sure they will start those games after TWD and Wolf. We can only dream lol

Anyways I'm hoping for a love triangle of some sort next season. It would be really interesting with Avesta and Selina because they are both great characters.

• They did? I didn't know that. Probably a Stranger Things game coming then.

I'm starting to think it will be a while until next Season unfortunately, Telltale just made a deal with Netflix, I'm sure they will start those games after TWD and Wolf. We can only dream lol

• Yeah, Stranger Things is one of the first ones they are working on.

They did? I didn't know that. Probably a Stranger Things game coming then.

• I'm guessing Season 3 will be 2020.

Yeah, Stranger Things is one of the first ones they are working on.

• Guys... I have a great idea :o :)

Let's talk about season three in the season three discussion perhaps? https://telltale.com/community/discussion/120373/season-3#latest

• There is potential already for Bruce and Avesta to become more than friends.

Depending on the choices you made that is.

If you sacrificed the Agents in order to save Avesta when confronted on what you did by Riddler one of the choices you have to give him in response is something along the lines of "I had to save Avesta"

Avesta already knows Bruce Wayne is Batman due to the fact she somehow figured it out and told Waller. So there is no problem of her finding out or him having to try and hide it from her.

Bruce might have suggested either to Avesta (in the vigilante storyline) or Waller (in the villain storyline) that Avesta should/could come and work for him at Wayne enterprises. Given her talents and abilities I don't think if Avesta does end up working at Wayne Enterprises that is all she will be doing. I think she could end up taking over from where Lucius left off (of course that role might have been taken up by his daughter Tiffany but again that depends on your choices) Either way I don't think Avesta will just be working for Bruce Wayne I think she might also be working for/with Batman.

Also in the vigilante storyline you have the option of either freeing Catwoman or having Bane and Harley sent to prison or protecting Avesta from Waller professionally and personally.

So like I say plenty of potential already the only real question is will telltale give you the option of having Bruce and Avesta go down that road?

Personally for two of my games I hope the answer is yes.

• I think a Batman that embraces the thrills goes well with Selina, while a Bruce Wayne striving for good would go well with Avesta. Basically a Bruce who is truly Batman vs a Bruce who is his own man outside of the cape.

BMH210683 posted: »

There is potential already for Bruce and Avesta to become more than friends. Depending on the choices you made that is. If you sacrifi

• Well if/When there is a season 3

I am thinking of making the 'thrill seeking' Bruce/Batman be a little bit more grown up when it comes to being Batman.

He can still be the same Bruce Wayne who says stuff like this "I like to make an entrance" and flirts with the ladies like Vicki and Harley.

However I think when it comes to being Batman he will take it more serious

It's not about 'the thrill' anymore now it is about doing either what needs to be done which means he will still do things like brutalise people and break people's arms if need be like he did Falcone and the sniper
    OR
    Maybe I will have him be more restrained when it comes to his actions and how far he goes.

I'm 50/50 as to which direction i go.

But I definatly want him to take the 'job' of being Batman more seriously whether he is restrained in his methods or not.

An if this 'version' of Bruce is able to get into a relationship with a woman like Avesta maybe that will make that side of him mature as well and not be the 'playboy' everybody knows him to be.

That is the plan I have in my head at least.

Of course it depends on what happens in season 3 and what the choices and dialogue options are as to whether or not that happens.

• I don't know if anyone still comes here but I just saw these posts from Kent Mudle, one of the Batman season 2 directors
    http://kmudle.tumblr.com/post/182218743661/i-remember-a-lot-of-theories-being-thrown-around
    http://kmudle.tumblr.com/post/182226345106/wait-what-romance-as-in-plural-there-was-more
    Basically Avesta was originally planned to be a proper romance option but it got mostly cut down as the season progressed and the cast expanded. It's at least nice to know that our shipping had some basis in reality!

• edited November 2019

I think there's one crucial aspect of a love interest in Batman's war which everyone here misses out.

Batman's love interests are always the No.1 target of super-villains. They have to be super-soldiers too. They need top-level fighting skills to evade capture and/or stay alive.

My playthrough did have Avesta work for WE in the end as reward for getting evidence of Waller's corruption. Plus, I feel that she has info about the Agency's role on what happened to John Doe before Arkham, so I want to find out more. Bruce needs those investigation skills, so I can see her as Telltale's version of Oracle.

I can see why Avesta is likeable as a romance option. She's the straightforward generic 'good girl' character like Rachel Dawes of Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises. But without the fighting skills, she's destined to go the way of Rachel Dawes if she becomes his love interest.

• Before you battle the Pact with Vigilante Joker, you can see and overhear “Iman” talking over the phone to someone. Throughout the conversation, she’s speaking bits of Farsi. Farsi is the endonym for the Persian language. From what I recall, the League of Assassins are located in Pakistan, and we all know that these days, it’s not uncommon to find citizens from other parts of the Middle East in Pakistan...specifically, Iranians. Farsi, nowadays, appears to be a rarely spoken language in Pakistan, but that’s not to say it’s an unknown language to Pakistanis and Iranians.

Now I get that I sound like a conspiracy theorist with all this nonsense, but it’s been brought up before, and now it could actually hold some weight; could “Iman Avesta” just be Talia al Ghul in disguise? I mean, the conversation between her and what sounds like a parent seems normal on its own, but then again, she’s asking for a place to stay in Gotham because she just got fired from the Agency, and the League of Assassins ought to have some sort of influence in Gotham, at least from the shadows. Let me know what you guys think.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.