Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• Was Selina still working for Waller in your playthrough? Just curious.

strwar3 posted: »

That one thing I mentioned to Waller on the rooftop on the Vigilante story I gave Avesta a job to work with me and I told Waller never to go

• That line still has me very curious.

Euron posted: »

I don't know if people already said this, but Avesta mentionned in episode 4 to John that she also ran off her past, if you see what I meaaan.

• Well at the very least it means they had some ideas for here to exploit later.

It's probably far fetched from using only this quote but to me it reinforces the idea she's Talia as some people mentionned.. I mean she's talking farsi. Why would they give her this background (being iranian) if it ain't for this reason?

I can see a scenario where she escaped the league of shadow/her father, it wouldn't be a vicki Vale/Lady Arkham reveal as she wouldn't be bad.

What do you mean ?

• Maybe. I long speculated she was Talia, or related to the League of Shadows in some way. Nothing is confirmed not firmly denied I'd say.

Regardless she is a very good character.

And now the sadness settles in because we very well might not get a third season.

Well at the very least it means they had some ideas for here to exploit later. It's probably far fetched from using only this quote but t

• If we do not get a third season, I at least hope the story continues in some shape or form. Though it seems like DC enjoys working with Telltale so I have hope for a third season.

• Why do you think we won't get a third season?

Maybe. I long speculated she was Talia, or related to the League of Shadows in some way. Nothing is confirmed not firmly denied I'd say.

• The multiple endings make that extremely difficult, the number of variables they would have to keep track of is staggering. The final choice alone is a recipe for nightmares, imagine having to create two very different episodes because some did not gave up being Batman so Alfred left.

And then I recall Telltale's CEO who wanted the studio to focus on IPs on which they have more creative control. That does not sound like Batman to me.

I'm not very hopeful. The right mindset now is simply to be thankful. Telltale have managed to make me excited about Batman while I thought I was done with it.

Why do you think we won't get a third season?

• In episode 4 at the Pact's hideout: Before John leaves Avesta mentions that she too has tried to run away from her problems in life, but it'll always come back to haunt her.

What do you mean ?

• I don't think it would be that difficult. There are some ways to deal with it. Examples: avoiding elements from the previous storyline or in general, do an introductive scene depending on the choices we made and then go to a new main story.
    They could develop the first episode differently depending the paths we previously took and at the end getting some "story" common core which will stay with the rest of the others episodes of the season (until the last episode where choices "really" matter again).
    The only thing they should not do is putting only one scene of episode explaining how our previous choices go with the new story. I'm aiming at season 3's TWD, there were different choices and we end in the same situation while we had 4 scenarii in the end of the previous season with huge differences, there were no meaning here.

As for the final choice: if there's a time gap it can be dealt pretty easily. And if we are talking about a really big time gap, Alfred dying of old age can pretty much solve the problem.

I'm not aware of how Telltale's crew worked on Batman but seeing the big changes they made to the story they do have some creative controls, don't they?

@BruceBrothers you weren't hyped before episode 5 anymore? In anyway I am thankful to them. The time they worked on it, all the storylines they made, the choices that really mattered, the dedication to the fanbase (they brought back Frank and made him a Tweedle brother because he was loved by a part of the forum, that's some kind of dedication) that's what I want in a Telltale games, and why I'd look forward to a season 3. But if it ends here, I wouldn't mind because this season was stunning and the finale was spectacular.

PS1: Sorry, I wrote too much.
    PS2: @Zjaa6 I hope too and I wouldn't mind comics about the settings of telltale's batman.

The multiple endings make that extremely difficult, the number of variables they would have to keep track of is staggering. The final choice

• No...???

The multiple endings make that extremely difficult, the number of variables they would have to keep track of is staggering. The final choice

• I want to see some BruceVesta action in Season 3.

• edited March 2018

Yup sorry but I just wanted to make sure she was safe and I picked Avesta in that option and I can only push that option once and it is a promise that Waller keeps only if you make the deal with her that is. Sorry I look forward to a potential Avesta romance possibility. Which looks like it from what I have seen from the hint and nod Telltale gave in this episode.

Was Selina still working for Waller in your playthrough? Just curious.

• Yup same has me too #BruvestaForever I think Telltale will do a third season they seem to like doing this series of Batman. I am sure it's gonna happen.

I want to see some BruceVesta action in Season 3.

• I have a YUGE feeling that S3 will happen. Telltale won't forget that for us and leave us hanging.

I don't think it would be that difficult. There are some ways to deal with it. Examples: avoiding elements from the previous storyline or in

• I don’t know, TellTale always kept their finger on the pulse of what choices people made. Given John ended up in Arkham regardless and that 80% have Tiffany as a protege, they’ll do what they always do, make just enough to cover the least popular choice and put more effort, into the popular one, or if they have multiple variables like Joker or Harvey, they have it, for better or worse, have it lead to the same place and put in dialogue about it in the next season at the vary least or hopefully for Joker, build upon where you left off.

• Oh, not condemning your choice at all. I tried to get Avesta cleared too. She's one of my favorites this season.

strwar3 posted: »

Yup sorry but I just wanted to make sure she was safe and I picked Avesta in that option and I can only push that option once and it is a pr

• edited March 2018

Well I think we both look forward a potential Avesta romance then. BTW? I wasn't saying I was saving Catwoman,right? I saved Avesta just making sure.

Oh, not condemning your choice at all. I tried to get Avesta cleared too. She's one of my favorites this season.

• Because in the vigilante route you have the option to offer Avesta a job to her face. Waller isn't going to let her stay in Agency anyways after Avesta helped blackmail her so there's no reason to ask Waller about it.

I wonder why it isn't in Vigilante?

• I don't think she is Talia but she may have connections to the league which can be used to help tie them into the story. I just can't see Talia Al Ghul being weak/foolish enough to let Riddler capture her and take her hearing.

Well at the very least it means they had some ideas for here to exploit later. It's probably far fetched from using only this quote but t

• Anyone else appreciate how much better John/Joker was than Harvey/Two-Face last season? I mean John becomes the Joker regardless of what you do, but I truly feel that the interactions were way better. The interaction with John truly felt personal and with Harvey he could turn evil even if you did nothing wrong (I know how suspicious it looks dude, but that was no reason to turn evil) and with John you pretty much do something wrong regardless, but he feels a lot more dynamic as for what kind of Joker he becomes.

• Can someone who reads the comics tell me if there's a character that speak Farsi? I've never read the comics before. I would like to know if Telltale was hinting towards her being someone from the comics or not.

• The closest you’d get is Talia al Ghul who is Arabic.

Can someone who reads the comics tell me if there's a character that speak Farsi? I've never read the comics before. I would like to know if Telltale was hinting towards her being someone from the comics or not.

• edited March 2018

I agree with you completely. There's no reason to doubt the possibility of having a third season for Batman. Unless otherwise said by Telltale Games, we should have high hopes for a season three.

I don't think it would be that difficult. There are some ways to deal with it. Examples: avoiding elements from the previous storyline or in

• If she ends up being Talia, she could be a Telltale version of her. Maybe more moral and good.

• Either way it means She is in love with Bruce and I like that. Still I like there being a a new potential romance possiblity with Avesta.

Zjaa6 posted: »

If she ends up being Talia, she could be a Telltale version of her. Maybe more moral and good.

• Selina being friends with Riddler rubbed me the wrong way.

• But, Bruce being friend with Joker is fine?

Selina being friends with Riddler rubbed me the wrong way.

• But she was friends with him before he was driven insane. The Riddler that Selina was friends with isn't the same Riddler that tortured people and killed Lucius.

Selina being friends with Riddler rubbed me the wrong way.

• This is something worth considering. As far as I’m concerned, Selina is a trustworthy person.

waits for someone to post a reply about how Selina has stolen from Bruce before ?

But she was friends with him before he was driven insane. The Riddler that Selina was friends with isn't the same Riddler that tortured people and killed Lucius.

• She is definitely trustworthy, considering she has kept Batman's identity a secret since she found out in the very first episode.

This is something worth considering. As far as I’m concerned, Selina is a trustworthy person. waits for someone to post a reply about how Selina has stolen from Bruce before ?

• I know, right? I trust her. Completely.

She is definitely trustworthy, considering she has kept Batman's identity a secret since she found out in the very first episode.

• I really liked that moment in the villain path where, if you pass the key to Selina (and if you've trusted her and been good to her this entire season, romanced her) she'll be like "You should know by now Bruce. You can trust me." That felt really good, to have your trust in her rewarded like that. After all, you don't really expect to hear something like that from a character that is mostly portrayed as dubious, with hidden motives.

I know, right? I trust her. Completely.

• edited March 2018

It's cute, and the hug afterward does not ruin it either ;)

I actually liked how she reacted if Bruce sacrificed her in episode 3 and still trust her and give her the key. When she thinks about leaving him behind and then decides to still help him even though she has no favors or debts of any kind towards Bruce at that moment... and to be fair I would say she has all the right to be upset, especially if you blamed her if she did not even steal the laptop.

Putinovich posted: »

I really liked that moment in the villain path where, if you pass the key to Selina (and if you've trusted her and been good to her this ent

• I agree with you completely. Despite a few naysayers trying to cast gloom, things have gone well with Selina. That's why I habitually express positive and optimistic views about her. Under the facade, her perceived "aggression", "selfishness", and "shallowness", she cares a great deal for others and, to some degree, has appeared to be self-hating (for such things as stealing from others). There are things underneath that are more important than those things that we get to see actually.

Putinovich posted: »

I really liked that moment in the villain path where, if you pass the key to Selina (and if you've trusted her and been good to her this ent

• I am fairly confident there will be a S3. IMO they will start it after TWD final season. IIRC Batman has done very well with sales and the people love it. They have a huge cliffhanger in EVERY ending. I'm pretty new to telltale, but the cliffhangers from this game is similar to the ones from the TWD series in which every game had another one afterwards up until S4.

• There's some truth to this.

gta3demon posted: »

I am fairly confident there will be a S3. IMO they will start it after TWD final season. IIRC Batman has done very well with sales and the p

• Selina is a good ally but not stable for a relationship imo, it's not her nature.

• edited March 2018

Catwoman is the only one mean't for Batman.

• Avesta was great. I always enjoy the rational characters who don't cause drama every dialogue choice.

• Avesta has always been a great character and I can't wait to see her again S3 cause I made a decision for her to work with me.

Joonlar posted: »

Avesta was great. I always enjoy the rational characters who don't cause drama every dialogue choice.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.