What will make the Final Season better ?

So.. Most of the fan service didn't like ANF and it's poor written story and i always watch ideas about TFS, what do you think will make the Final Season better ? Here's mine opinion :
1. More dramatic story than a poor-written action .
2. Better characters (The Garcia family ?? you have to be kidding me ... )
3. Make choices matter for the whole game .
4. More hilarious dialogs (like Kenny / Lilly in season 1).
5. Slower timeline (Everything in ANF happened so fast that maked the story boring).
6. Better evolving throughout the season (Like s1).
7. Clem's normal haircut / haircut variants . This new hair looks like the jocker from Batman...
8. Old Characters coming back . (for example : Christa).
9. Returning the old Graphics . (I know it's impossible because of the new engine, but the older graphics were better.)
10. Weapons from Season 1 & 2 returning . (I found them better than those new CS - Like weapon skins ).
I can give more ideas but that's enough .

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2018

The way the final game will be better is if they made it identical to the way Season 1 was by having:

• 2 hour+ episodes.

• Plenty of gameplay and areas to explore.

• A lot more hubs and items to pick up and examine.

• Optional side quests like giving candy bars to other people, fixing Carley’s radio or the St John’s swing.

• Puzzles to solve like when you had to start up the train or tamper with the generator in Starved For Help.

• Character interaction and by that i dont mean just one half assed line of dialogue like we mostly got in S3, i mean an in depth conversation with people where we choose to ask them things, things we can optionally learn about them, this then leads to character development, something that Season 3 also ridiculously lacked.

• Choices actually feeling like they matter. By that i dont mean the obvious choices showing, i mean little pieces of unimportant dialogue taking effect. Example i always use, in Season 1 when you first meet Kenny in A New Day, he introduces you to Duck. If Lee chooses the option “Duck?”, Kenny says nothing bothers him like water off a duck’s back. In Long Road Ahead, Kenny mentions Duck was talking about Hershel’s farm, Lee then responds with “what happened to water off a duck’s back?” but this option is not there if Lee did not choose that option in A New Day, this dialogue does not occur.

It’s an unimportant choice that has no relevance to the story but its the little things like this that made Season 1 bloody brilliant. It showed that the writers put so much effort into every little conversation. Not just this one either but the optional convo’s as well.

If the final season brought back any of this (which they won’t) then obviously it will be a shit ton better

• Yeah, but S3's choices didn't matter 'cause they'll excuse you no matter what... And for criminy they have to return the old engine otherwise i'll stop with the franchise, even if it's final season for Clem . Also yeah, she looks a lot like dickhead and loner like Jane which maked me deinstall my game..

dan290786 posted: »

The way the final game will be better is if they made it identical to the way Season 1 was by having: • 2 hour+ episodes. • Plenty of

• edited March 2018

All I am worried about is that the Episode lengths in The Final Season going to be the same as A New Frontier. If this will be the case, I am done with Telltale. A New Frontier should of been a mini-series.

• Yah, I think a focus on optional dialogue paths is where this came could truly shine. I don't give two shits about the story because there's this lack of character material.

dan290786 posted: »

The way the final game will be better is if they made it identical to the way Season 1 was by having: • 2 hour+ episodes. • Plenty of

• Same here. Just like Michonne , but because of that they focus on the Batman game, their other games are getting weak at story . That's the reason i play season 1 all over and all over again even today (right now im at ep4 for the 6th time lol ).

All I am worried about is that the Episode lengths in The Final Season going to be the same as A New Frontier. If this will be the case, I am done with Telltale. A New Frontier should of been a mini-series.

• I would've laughed my ass off watching some dialogs like how it was with Kenny and Larry .

Yah, I think a focus on optional dialogue paths is where this came could truly shine. I don't give two shits about the story because there's this lack of character material.

• Hell yah :D

AceFTW posted: »

I would've laughed my ass off watching some dialogs like how it was with Kenny and Larry .

• edited March 2018

Clementine getting pounded and/or dying.

No Angry Dads.

A consistent/cohesive story direction.

Ed and Diana.

Most of what old Man dan listed.

• Gonna have to agree with OP's first statement. The thing about season 1 that made a huge impact was buildup in its episodes. Like how the Saint John's Dairy had their deal with the bandits, but it wasn't exactly just shoved right into your face with the fact they were cannibals until late into the episode with the whole discovery of their butcher room. ANF just sorta lacked that suspense with their budget cut saviors new frontier group being way too direct with everything. Here's hoping season 4 can bring back a more subtle, but wild experience.

• Yeah, but for me there were and some dumb segments like the Sewers in EP4, Crawford, Sniping the bandits which for me was boring, but that doesn't change the fact . ANF just shoved everything into your face and you didn't even had to try .

Gonna have to agree with OP's first statement. The thing about season 1 that made a huge impact was buildup in its episodes. Like how the Sa

• edited March 2018

Some actual gameplay. I just want a real adventure game like S1, with hubs, a optional character interactions and puzzles etc.

ANF was literally just a movie, and a pretty shit movie at that. Their current formula can work with good writing and some heart. TFTB is very good and Batman is decent, but I just want to see them make an actual game again.

• Well, we wish them luck 'cause they work not only on The Walking Dead : The Final Season, They had to announce The Wolf Among Us 2 in 2019.

Strategize posted: »

Some actual gameplay. I just want a real adventure game like S1, with hubs, a optional character interactions and puzzles etc. ANF was li

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited March 2018

1 Explosions, lots and plenty
    2 Railroaded linear story and gameplay
    3 Forced romances
    4 Less dialogue choices
    5 Generic characters and environments

and remember telltale, no one notices the little things its all about the big picture.

• edited March 2018

Not doing what The Walking Dead: A New Frontier did.

• Please less prestablished relationships. ANF makes you feel like you have to care for Gabe. Shoves Kate at you constatly but tells you she's your brothers wife. In s1 you took control as Lee, this guy who starts making new relationships since the first minute. Also no more romance triangles that you're forced into ffs

• Please, don't remind me of Gabe, that piece of shit was so annoying... Most of S1 is what maked the franchise, and for that most of the fan service will want things that were in S1 .

Timcanpy posted: »

Please less prestablished relationships. ANF makes you feel like you have to care for Gabe. Shoves Kate at you constatly but tells you she's

• "Silence is a Valid option." - Telltale Games

Not doing what The Walking Dead: A New Frontier did.

• Ugh that bipolar lil shithead Gabe. I got him killed in my playthrough, the game tried to make me feel sad about his death but I could not muster it. Having the waiter getting my order wrong would bother me more than his death

Please, don't remind me of Gabe, that piece of shit was so annoying... Most of S1 is what maked the franchise, and for that most of the fan service will want things that were in S1 .

• He even deserved death.. He said about Conrad's death in front of Tripp, the little shit eater ! Somehow (i don't know how, i just played normally) in my playthrough i got David alive and Gabe dead. Hope TFS doesn't include S3's story

Ugh that bipolar lil shithead Gabe. I got him killed in my playthrough, the game tried to make me feel sad about his death but I could not muster it. Having the waiter getting my order wrong would bother me more than his death

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited March 2018

I feel like getting Gabe killed is the only way to truly win ANF, sure its phyrric victory because you still had to play ANF to get there. You lose points if Clem leans in and tries to steal Gabe's dying breath to make herself stronger.

Ugh that bipolar lil shithead Gabe. I got him killed in my playthrough, the game tried to make me feel sad about his death but I could not muster it. Having the waiter getting my order wrong would bother me more than his death

• I think I would've lost my shit if i saw Clem k̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ extracting his spirit to strenghten her in her fight against the apocaliyse in my playthrough. But i was spared so maybe there is a god

Plan_R posted: »

I feel like getting Gabe killed is the only way to truly win ANF, sure its phyrric victory because you still had to play ANF to get there. You lose points if Clem leans in and tries to steal Gabe's dying breath to make herself stronger.

• edited March 2018

most of the fan service will want things that were in S1 .

Okay, two things:
    1. There are people who'd like some callbacks and positive nods to Season 2
    2. That's not what Fanservice means/identifies

Please, don't remind me of Gabe, that piece of shit was so annoying... Most of S1 is what maked the franchise, and for that most of the fan service will want things that were in S1 .

• Okay, Vanilla Ice, my english is horse shit so yeah, and what ?

DabigRG posted: »

most of the fan service will want things that were in S1 . Okay, two things: 1. There are people who'd like some callbacks and positive nods to Season 2 2. That's not what Fanservice means/identifies

• ...Is English a second/later language for you?

He even deserved death.. He said about Conrad's death in front of Tripp, the little shit eater !

That's not a reason for someone to die. Much less a 13yo.

Somehow (i don't know how, i just played normally) in my playthrough i got David alive and Gabe dead.

Good lord, these games are glitched up the ass and out the mouth

He even deserved death.. He said about Conrad's death in front of Tripp, the little shit eater ! Somehow (i don't know how, i just played normally) in my playthrough i got David alive and Gabe dead. Hope TFS doesn't include S3's story

• Okay, Vanilla Ice, my english is horse shit so yeah

Yeah, I just realized that and editted my statement. Sorry

and what ?

Fanservice is when a medium appeals to something it knows that fans or the fanbase likes.

Okay, Vanilla Ice, my english is horse shit so yeah, and what ?

• And with this, I see my presence in this thread is better left scarce

Plan_R posted: »

• I don't replay it because it was so cool, to be without Gabe. Atleast that's my opinion

...Is English a second/later language for you? He even deserved death.. He said about Conrad's death in front of Tripp, the little shi

• Everyday's a school day . I know what fanbase is but i don't knew what Fanservice means, sorry 'bout that one.

Okay, Vanilla Ice, my english is horse shit so yeah Yeah, I just realized that and editted my statement. Sorry and what ? Fanservice is when a medium appeals to something it knows that fans or the fanbase likes.

• M.

Btw, that glitch comment is referring to the fact that the only way for David to live is for Javier and Clementine to go after him, while Gabe only gets bitten if they helped save New Richmond.

I don't replay it because it was so cool, to be without Gabe. Atleast that's my opinion

• It's fine. I meant to point it out when I first saw this thread, but honestly forgot.

Everyday's a school day . I know what fanbase is but i don't knew what Fanservice means, sorry 'bout that one.

• I wish it works in TFS, so when it's released i can play with it .

M. Btw, that glitch comment is referring to the fact that the only way for David to live is for Javier and Clementine to go after him, while Gabe only gets bitten if they helped save New Richmond.

• ...What?

I wish it works in TFS, so when it's released i can play with it .

• i talk about the glitch

...What?

• Okay, just making sure.
    Wait, so what happened with Kate and the Memorial Wall scene then?

i talk about the glitch

• Kate was dead too, and on the Memorial Wall were shown Kate and David photos even thou David was alive :D and instead of David's voice, gabe's voice was heard, not sure if this was because i cracked the game, unfortanetly I deinstalled the game 'cause i seed what puke is, i didn't make screenshots or clip either, cause when i played it i didn't knew about Tellltale's website

Okay, just making sure. Wait, so what happened with Kate and the Memorial Wall scene then?

• Goddamn, your game just shit itself inside and out, didn't it?!

Kate was dead too, and on the Memorial Wall were shown Kate and David photos even thou David was alive and instead of David's voice, gabe's

• "Clem getting pounded"

you okay homie?

Clementine getting pounded and/or dying. No Angry Dads. A consistent/cohesive story direction. Ed and Diana. Most of what old Man dan listed.

• Better writing, more explorable areas, good puzzles, difficult and meaningful choices.

Basically just look at Season 1 and go from there like they should have been doing this whole time.

• edited March 2018

I don't know, maybe that was because i tried to replace Conrad's death animation with Mike's one from S2. (There was this cut choice that you can kill Mike, but there was a mod that returns the choice) There was another bugs like : Pushing the truck in S4 - the first time i tapped Q and the truck dissapeared, i thought maybe it teleported outside but there was no truck, so Clem & Gabe tried to play in the air :D
    Especially on Conrad's death, when i shooted him, the bullet didn't go to his head, but his leg, then he started flying around the map, My game did shit itself. Im glad i deleted it. I Guess trying to replace animation will do that to a game...

Goddamn, your game just shit itself inside and out, didn't it?!

• Yeeeah, I really stepped in that one, didn't I?

Poogers555 posted: »

"Clem getting pounded" you okay homie?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.