What are your first thoughts on the new characters in Season 4?

edited April 2018 in The Walking Dead

I personally am not all about a teenage cast, but I'm willing to bite.

Ten looks adorable, but I predict he'll die.

Vi looks okay, and I hope she becomes a good friend for Clem. I really like Louis. His jacket is cool. And Marlon is.... eh.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited April 2018

The Following is PURE Speculation:

I'm guessing we'll most probably see a choice between saving Violet or saving Louis. That whoever we save is gonna be Clementine's friend/companion for the rest of the Season. Kinda like Carley and Doug in Season 1.

Ten, I'm guessing we as fans are gonna have the ability to morph his character based on our choices just like with Joker in The Enemy Within, and Clementine in Season 1 of TWDG.

Marlon I believe will be more like a Larry type character. Likes to Curse and Yell.

• The way they described Marlon gives me a Kenny vibe. Someone who is abrasive and hotheaded but has a big heart and is someone you want on your side.

Not a big fan of Louis. He will probably be goofy and flirty with Clem and be Gabe all over again.

Violet seems capable enough I guess. Probably a lot like Jane but more compassionate.

Ten will probably be a moral compass that we can't help but want to protect. Just hope there won't be a stupid plot twist like "Oh he's Lee's kid that Lee never knew about!".

• I’m willing to give it a shot if telltale will.?

• edited April 2018

Louis is the best boy, I'm calling it now. He gives me some hipster-ish, flirty vibes, but that isn't a bad thing. He probably likes art too. Violet definitely reminds me of Molly. As for Marlon I'm not really sure. He's probably the 'sweet, pure boy who tries hard to be tough aka tsundere' type of character, I hope they handle his personality well and that he won't be an annoying angsty little shit all the time.
    Also Telltale please don't kill Ten I'm begging

• 90-98% will ultimately die, I don't see much use in attaching to any new characters at this point.

• He will probably be goofy and flirty

That doesn't sound like Gabe, that sounds more like Javier.

Violet seems capable enough I guess. Probably a lot like Jane but more compassionate.

You mean like a Teenage version of Molly?

• They all look promising. I don’t really have complaints about them besides Marlon’s mullet. He just looks...wrong with it. Hopefully down the line he’ll have it cut.

• My reaction to their introductions on the stream:

They could be great characters and I hope they are but their character designs were just so jarring and unexpected.

• Not a fan of Marlon at all. Reminds me of Sid from Toy Story.

Ten is eh.

The others look alright.

• Honestly I’m more intrested in the Dog and how Clem will act around it then I am about the new Walker Bait

• I don't trust that Marlon kid, he reminds me of Eli from Metal Gear Solid 5. His dog is kind of cute though.

Ten looks weird. I have a feeling he is going to die for sure.

Louis seems cool and stylish, could be friendly.

Violet is the least one that I distrust. I hope she is cool.

• Oh damn, I clicked the wrong thread You know what would be nice--pictures of the new characters everyone is talking about.

That might just be helpful, just a smidge.

• edited April 2018

There you go.

Edit : Forgot this one

DabigRG posted: »

Oh damn, I clicked the wrong thread You know what would be nice--pictures of the new characters everyone is talking about. That might just be helpful, just a smidge.

• Alright did I miss something? why do people keep saying” Ten is gonna die”.

Not that it isn’t a possibility but why are people singling him out?

AronDracula posted: »

I don't trust that Marlon kid, he reminds me of Eli from Metal Gear Solid 5. His dog is kind of cute though. Ten looks weird. I have a fe

• I thought that i was being trolled when i saw the character concept art until i realized it was real. Granted it is just concept art.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

My reaction to their introductions on the stream: They could be great characters and I hope they are but their character designs were just so jarring and unexpected.

• What the everlovin SHIT--?!

Thank you!

iFoRias posted: »

There you go. Edit : Forgot this one

• edited April 2018

The way they described Marlon gives me a Kenny vibe.

So, Gabe 2.0 then? Except, you know, extra edgy?

Probably a lot like Jane but more compassionate.

So, Ava 2.0? Except white, incredibly plain, or, the most complimentary take on it, Troy's daughter.

Ten will probably be a moral compass that we can't help but want to protect.

Yeah, that seems to be the clearest.

Just hope there won't be a stupid plot twist like "Oh he's Lee's kid that Lee never knew about!".

You realize that's probably gonna happen now, right?

The way they described Marlon gives me a Kenny vibe. Someone who is abrasive and hotheaded but has a big heart and is someone you want on yo

• I'm guessing we'll most probably see a choice between saving Violet or saving Louis. That whoever we save is gonna be Clementine's friend/companion for the rest of the Season. Kinda like Carley and Doug in Season 1.

Bye Bye, Vi!

Ten, I'm guessing we as fans are gonna have the ability to morph his character based on our choices just like with Joker in The Enemy Within, and Clementine in Season 1 of TWDG.

So kinda like how Sarah, Arvo, and Gabe could've been, eh? Kay.

GohanFGC posted: »

The Following is PURE Speculation: I'm guessing we'll most probably see a choice between saving Violet or saving Louis. That whoever we s

• Louis is the best boy, I'm calling it now. He gives me some hipster-ish, flirty vibes, but that isn't a bad thing. He probably likes art too.

Yeah, just going by the personalities I've been told, he's easily the most avent garde.

Louis is the best boy, I'm calling it now. He gives me some hipster-ish, flirty vibes, but that isn't a bad thing. He probably likes art too

• Probably because he's essentially the Mariana of these four and we already have AJ.

Umbassabro posted: »

Alright did I miss something? why do people keep saying” Ten is gonna die”. Not that it isn’t a possibility but why are people singling him out?

• They managed to make me hate an intire cast last season so I'm not to keen to lean on dem joints yet.

• Not a big fan of Louis. He will probably be goofy and flirty with Clem and be Gabe all over again.

At least with this one though, we'll hopefully have a say in the matter now that we're back to playing exclusively as Clementine.

You got that Telltale, MetallicaRules is back in the driver's seat with her, there isn't going to be anymore forced, undeveloped, cringy romance between her and anyone else, you hear me! I'm back in control now, my Clem is back and she isn't concerned with the romance crap.

The way they described Marlon gives me a Kenny vibe. Someone who is abrasive and hotheaded but has a big heart and is someone you want on yo

• wow, that girl is really dull. They gave everyone something interesting about their designs, but her? ....

• Er why do we need another little black boy moral compass character?
    Isn't that the whole point of AJ?

:dizzy:

The way they described Marlon gives me a Kenny vibe. So, Gabe 2.0 then? Except, you know, extra edgy? Probably a lot like Jane

• edited April 2018

I could see him trying to flirt with Clem and we have the option to punch him in the face.
    "Louis WILL remember that."

Not a big fan of Louis. He will probably be goofy and flirty with Clem and be Gabe all over again. At least with this one though, we

• Yes, seriously. And that's just the design either.

Louche posted: »

wow, that girl is really dull. They gave everyone something interesting about their designs, but her? ....

• Ugh, if I had to guess, it seems like their using him as a potential What-If character with Violet, given they get a concept image together.

Also, to be fair, AJ has never really been much of a Morality Pet. If anything, his birth coinceded with giving Kenny a legit motivation to get away with being a bigger, more aggressive dick than before.

Louche posted: »

Er why do we need another little black boy moral compass character? Isn't that the whole point of AJ?

• And I would gladly pick that option. I don't care if we're the best of friends, if he starts flirting on Clem, he's getting sucker punched. May add a swift kick to the balls, just for good measure, you know, to really enforce the idea that I'm not interested.

I could see him trying to flirt with Clem and we have the option to punch him in the face. "Louis WILL remember that."

• I'm curious if the season will have a main antagonist.

• edited April 2018

I love the dog! I’ll do whatever I can to make sure Rosie lives. And I’m all right with flirtation between Clementine and some of the new kids. Just depends on which ones are flirting with her. I’m cool with either Marlon or Violet.

• I think they confirmed the dog will live at least for EP1.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I love the dog! I’ll do whatever I can to make sure Rosie lives. And I’m all right with flirtation between Clementine and some of the new kids. Just depends on which ones are flirting with her. I’m cool with either Marlon or Violet.

• Honestly not feeling any of these characters or where this plot is seemingly going.

Marlon looks really stupid, Im sorry. The whole shaved side mullet, Letterman jacket, unbuttoned shirt, necklace and whistle, combat boots, bow and arrow, and big dog is the most cringe thing I have seen in a long time.

Louis doesnt look that bad design wise.

Ten is just gonna be Aj if he was 10 years old

Violet looks like an extra background model in ANF.

Overall, I just think this direct of making the main group teenagers to be a bad idea. Obviously time will tell, but seeing Marlon as the first character they showed off made my hope die even more for this season.

• I’m totally okay with flirting but I’d be mad if they made an actual romance with one of them like nooo

• They all look pretty cringe worthy, but at least they're not making the same mistake ANF did and starting the game with the core characters all having a pre-established relationship with the main chara- Ah. Shit.

• I really hope they stay away from just doing Evil White Guys again.

Let's get some Huckleberry up in this mug!

Zjaa6 posted: »

I'm curious if the season will have a main antagonist.

• So, fuck Kenny, Jane, and even Christa?

They all look pretty cringe worthy, but at least they're not making the same mistake ANF did and starting the game with the core characters all having a pre-established relationship with the main chara- Ah. Shit.

• The player character knew those three and had a relationship with them before we did?

So, fuck Kenny, Jane, and even Christa?

• Okay, so went over the actual video with the characters, had time to think about them around actually doing so, and I think it's safe to do a structured some up of the characters:

• Marlon, I'm not sure on. On one hand, the description of his character is kinda meh and basic (not even considering the whole Kenny-type oversaturation that much, mind you) and the vibe around his character kinda feels like it's trying to hard. On the other hand, he does have the most design detail and color variation of the four and I'd be lying if I said there wasn't something vaguely humorous about the fact that he's obviously trying too hard to look tough and hardcore. To sum it up, it's like an failing attempt to emulate Ava and a composite character of Gabe(doubly as a possible Shadow Archetype) and Tripp.
      • Rosie can be summed up as Sam 2.0: Chop-ette edition. I like that it's a bitch.
    • Loiuse was my favorite just on description alone and the Panel is really reflective of that. Now THIS is how you make an "original" character! He just has so much personality, charm, and built into him and it feels natural both despite and because of being little out there in terms of conventional character design. Even with his surprisingly mundane design. Though with all that said, really hoping he doesn't end upfalling into another situation like Kate did.

• Violet was easily my least favorite of these four/five by description, by design, and now by the Panel's explanation. It's [part of] the Mariana Problem all over again except worse, arguably much worse. She's just such an "easy," "safe," and trite character on arrival and reflecting the reality of where we are right now as a Series does NOT do her any favors.

• Was okay/eh on Ten just on the design, but the Panel pointed out the premise of his character and yeah, could be nice and pretty interesting. That gash on the side of his head is kinda nasty and no doubt ties into his backstory, but otherwise his design is just okay-ish.

• edited April 2018

Dammit,i've got an unpopular opinion again lmao
    I actually really like Violet and i don't like Louis design guess it's just me then.

Okay, so went over the actual video with the characters, had time to think about them around actually doing so, and I think it's safe to do

• edited April 2018

I did see that moment where they were teasing Ms. Hutchinson, so.... :expressionless:

Dammit,i've got an unpopular opinion again lmao I actually really like Violet and i don't like Louis design guess it's just me then.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.