Here we go again: Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion (SPOILERs)

edited May 2018 in General Chat

Review are pouring in, be warned of spoilers as some may see the movie early than some.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/solo_a_star_wars_story

Tagged:

Comments

• Rich and Mike Talk: Disney's Han Solo Terrible Movie Ideas lol I think this needs win a Academy Award for great prediction from RedLetterMedia.

• edited May 2018

IMDB and Metacritic user reviews will be 5 or below.
    And actually IMDB is around 5 already: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3778644/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    By comparison IGN gave Last Jedi a 9 (which I thought was a bad movie) and they gave SOLO a 7 which doesn't really inspire confidence.

• edited May 2018

It is already at 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. 72%!!!! LMAO!!!

IMDB and Metacritic user reviews will be 5 or below. And actually IMDB is around 5 already: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3778644/?ref_=nv_s

• First Star Wars movie I'm not going to bother seeing at the cinema, Disney and EA have really killed my hype in Star Wars. I recommend you all look up your local cinema bookings to see how many people have booked seats cause opening night is nearly completely empty in terms of bookings lol. While Last Jedi, Force Awakens were near completely full weeks before.

Kathleen Kennedy:

strwar3 posted: »

It is already at 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. 72%!!!! LMAO!!!

• I hate fandom...they are a fickle bunch that forgive hockey plots of the past yet complain about today's movies. The movie may be bad...it may be good...I have read reviews that contradict each other. I think it will be ok...I will not sheeple myself and hate on it until I have viewed it. It had a hard way to go with the directors being fired...Ron Howard may have been able to get it at least watchable...who knows...I will tell you tomorrow.

• edited May 2018

The thing I'm most excited for about this movie is this, don't click if you want to go into this movie and be surprised.

As you might already know, there are rumors going around about a Prequel character making an appearance in Solo, some people think it might just be R2-D2 and C3-PO but after watching a couple of reviews I don't think that they will make an appearance, however both Ray Park and Ewan McGregor were seen at the Premiere for Solo. I have been watching some videos about who this Prequel character might be and so far people have been saying that Obi-Wan Kenobi wont be making an appearance and although there are other really cool characters like Palpatine or Boba Fett but a lot of fans (myself included) think that it could be Darth Maul which would shock so many regular fans because an average regular fan would think that Darth Maul was killed by Obi-Wan in Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, so if Darth Maul were to return it would shock both regular and hardcore fans everywhere.

• I'm expecting it to be at least enjoyable, unlike The Last Jedi but I'm not going to waste my money on theaters to watch it, waiting for Blu Ray release instead.

So far, I think Rogue One is the best Disney Star Wars, even if the characters were underdeveloped.

I hate fandom...they are a fickle bunch that forgive hockey plots of the past yet complain about today's movies. The movie may be bad...it

• edited May 2018

I want it to succeed so I can take the piss out of literally everyone who said it would fail. It’s funny how 1 bad movie can cause people to pre-judge the prequel/sequel. I’m sorry but that just isn’t how you watch movies and people who do judge movies that way seriously need to piss off and stop watching films. I didn’t like rogue one but I didn’t go around the internet saying “ROGUE ONE DESTROYED MY VIRGINITY!” And I didn’t believe TLJ was going to be bad, which in my opinion it wasn’t, that’s how you fucking watch a movie.

Any for the idiots who say that only real fans won’t go to see it, no, anyone with half a brain and an IQ of freakin 10+ would know that a fan is someone who has a strong liking for something, so it’s evident already that people who want a boycott because of the last Jedi aren’t even fans themselves. Jesus Christ sometimes I feel like “fan” logic is enough to kill me sometimes.

• The tomato score keeps going down...

• Yup it's at 70% now lol ???????????

The tomato score keeps going down...

• Uhh 70% isn't that sucky.

Yup it's at 70% now lol ???????????

• I just noticed that this movie got a lower score than Revenge of the Sith in Rotten Tomatoes.

• Revenge of the Sith is actually good. Best one out of the prequels and a lot of fans regard it as one of their favourites.

AronDracula posted: »

I just noticed that this movie got a lower score than Revenge of the Sith in Rotten Tomatoes.

• No complains here. Revenge of the Sith is my personal favorite Star Wars movie and gets too much unnecessary hate.

Revenge of the Sith is actually good. Best one out of the prequels and a lot of fans regard it as one of their favourites.

• REALLY low expectations here. This movie shouldn’t even exist, out of all the stories in the Star Wars universe they choose this. Honestly expecting it to be one of the worst SW movies, if not, the worst.

• Go to bed pls

Yup it's at 70% now lol ???????????

• edited May 2018

Nevermind, I accidently looked at metacritic, not Rotten Tomatoes

• The reviews are looking pretty good so far, everyone has been saying that its going to be a great summer ride and a really fun movie. I do however agree with you on the EA part; ever since EA was announced to make Star Wars games I knew they wouldn't make them the way fans (myself included) wanted them.

First Star Wars movie I'm not going to bother seeing at the cinema, Disney and EA have really killed my hype in Star Wars. I recommend you a

• Even the positive reviews have been somewhat hesitant in praising it. They got the wrong actor for Solo.

Tazmangamez posted: »

The reviews are looking pretty good so far, everyone has been saying that its going to be a great summer ride and a really fun movie. I do h

• Yeah, Anthony Ingruber (Joker in Batman Enemy Within) looked more promising for the cast. Katheleen Kennedy is such an idiot.

Even the positive reviews have been somewhat hesitant in praising it. They got the wrong actor for Solo.

• Well they weren't even looking for a young Harrison Ford. I wouldn't put it past Kathleen Kennedy intentionally sabotaging this to say "hey look fans want female protagonists". I hope she loses her position though. I don't want to see what she would do to The Old Republic probably replace Revan as a protagonist and other major characters like Bastlia with their own.
    Anthony Ingruber has the acting ability but even looks like a young Ford:

Yeah, Anthony Ingruber (Joker in Batman Enemy Within) looked more promising for the cast. Katheleen Kennedy is such an idiot.

• edited May 2018

Katheleen Kennedy is such an idiot.

That is not a big secret! Lucasfilm needs a female version Kevin Feige. Because Kevin Feige knows what the fuck to do in his films. Kathleen Kennedy doesn't know what the fuck to do.

Yeah, Anthony Ingruber (Joker in Batman Enemy Within) looked more promising for the cast. Katheleen Kennedy is such an idiot.

• We need this guy.

Katheleen Kennedy is such an idiot. That is not a big secret! Lucasfilm needs a female version Kevin Feige. Because Kevin Feige knows what the fuck to do in his films. Kathleen Kennedy doesn't know what the fuck to do.

• edited May 2018

The critic reviews have gone down a bit and so have the audience reviews, there is no denying that Disney could have cast someone who looks and talks a lot more like Harrison Ford. If I was in charge of casting Han I would cast Anthony Ingruber, you can see his audition online and its really cool! he is the most identical person to Harrison Ford I have ever seen, Anthony can even put on a really good impression of Han as well. https://youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

Even the positive reviews have been somewhat hesitant in praising it. They got the wrong actor for Solo.

• Saving my money on this one. :D

• edited May 2018

But... but don't you want to know why dice were so important for Han? Or why Luke loves milk? Don't you wanna see pansexual Lando?

REALLY low expectations here. This movie shouldn’t even exist, out of all the stories in the Star Wars universe they choose this. Honestly expecting it to be one of the worst SW movies, if not, the worst.

• I wouldn't go too low on expectations, there are rumors of a familiar face in Solo (Check out the articles, unless you want to be surprised) plus we finally get to see how Han met Chewie in live action which I'm really excited about. Alden Ehrenreich even said on Jimmy Kimmel Live that he will be speaking Wookie to Chewie, this will be the first time that someone who isn't Wookie will speak Wookie, to a Wookie. The movie probably shouldn't exist but because Kathleen Kennedy doesn't care about the fans we are getting Solo. It will probably be one of the lower ranked Star Wars movies of the Disney Star Wars movies but I don't think any Star Wars will ever be as bad as The Phantom Menace or Attack Of The Clones ever again.

REALLY low expectations here. This movie shouldn’t even exist, out of all the stories in the Star Wars universe they choose this. Honestly expecting it to be one of the worst SW movies, if not, the worst.

• edited May 2018

Actually, in the old republic game there’s a comic option in one of the dlc’s where you can speak Wookiee in order to annoy this one guy. Best option ever to be fair. Also, don’t allow one actor’s acting ruin a film for you. TPM and AoTC gave us amazing characters, amazing settings and amazing stories. We even got our first glimpse at our first Star Wars sport and water planet so they’re good movies beneath Hayden’s acting skills.

I wouldn't go too low on expectations, there are rumors of a familiar face in Solo (Check out the articles, unless you want to be surprised)

• I meant this is the first time in the movies that we see someone other than human who is speaking Wookie, I literally know nothing about Legends apart from a bit of the KOTOR games. Don't get me wrong, the scenery in The Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones looked awesome but some of the acting and characters weren't too great.

Melton23 posted: »

Actually, in the old republic game there’s a comic option in one of the dlc’s where you can speak Wookiee in order to annoy this one guy. Be

• edited May 2018

Just don’t forget that the prequels are most of the foundation of Star Wars, even more so than the originals. I know the acting wasn’t too great, but to be fair it was only 1 actor. The rest were fine.

I meant this is the first time in the movies that we see someone other than human who is speaking Wookie, I literally know nothing about Leg

• Solo A Star Wars Story stumbles at the Chinese Box Office boy this Movie is not doing good at all! Lol

• edited May 2018

My local cinema's IMAX bookings for the first showing (grey seats being booked seats):

The non imax 2D bookings are even worse...

Solo A Star Wars Story stumbles at the Chinese Box Office boy this Movie is not doing good at all! Lol

• Solo has been witnessed.... Spoilers ahead so if you haven’t seen the movie, it’s not my fault, you’re the one in the solo thread. So anyway, did we really just get Darth maul in a solo movie? That’s awesome... nuff said, that was just awesome. And I loved the way they captured the nostalgic essence of the OT by simultaneously mixing together tie fighter attack from a new hope, following it with the asteroid field scene from episode 5, same scores and everything, beautifully done.

Now for things I didn’t like... that SJW droid was just disney being even louder about their agenda, let’s just be honest. If you thought TLJ was bad for SJW shit? It’s nothing compared to solo. NOTHING. Thankfully that droid dies early on though so all is good, enough of the preaching, as much as its voice is kinda cute. I also like the way that the escape pod at the front of the ship was explained, and that it was also lost during the kessel run so we got the good ol’ Falcon, as well as the dish... which was also lost. And the old cannon, being an easy and simple explanation for why they needed to be replaced.

Enfys Nest turns out to be the good guy all along, I was sorta cool with that, also turns out she’s a rebel, also cool with that. I kinda felt bad for Beckett, despite the fact he was a traitor, Han seemed to actually view him as a mentor figure and he grew on me through the movie.

Overall the movie was average. Had its boring moments, it’s SJW moments, but the actions scenes were FENOMENAL, imperial March was utilised during one of them, so there’s some Darth Vader nostalgia, especially in the scenes where the PT and OT came into play. It wasn’t the best movie, but it wasn’t the worst. Just better than Rogue One I’d say, which is severely and I mean severely overrated.

• Overall the movie was average. Had its boring moments, it’s SJW moments

So when you say Average? You mean very low average,right? God,I wonder who was right about this? Meeeee and everybody else! Btw? Agenda driven movies are the death of movie in Hollywood. God hate those things!

Melton23 posted: »

Solo has been witnessed.... Spoilers ahead so if you haven’t seen the movie, it’s not my fault, you’re the one in the solo thread. So anyway

• LMAO!!! Sweet Jesus!! ?????

My local cinema's IMAX bookings for the first showing (grey seats being booked seats): The non imax 2D bookings are even worse...

• Saw it today for a morning IMAX viewing, audience was about half full I think, but honestly I loved it. Aiden makes a great younger Han Solo, even if he's not looking or sounding right, because he shows off well how that more jaded and rugged yet heroic personality came from.

I liked the fact that Enfys Nest's crew were kind of tied to Saw's Rebels (one of his crew is on the team, the insect one with the mask, forget his name in Rogue One). Danny Glover kills it as a younger Lando, and the wider cast does a good job too, especially Emilia who manages much better than I think she did as Sarah Connor in Terminator Genysis. L3-37 is a bit on the nose but nothing as bad as some would likely say, and honestly I found her moments more amusing than tiresome. I just wish she'd got to survive to have a team up with K-2SO and watch the droid snark fly.

• That's like, your opinions...

• No, high average because of the references to previous movies but not good enough to be considered as one of the best.

Overall the movie was average. Had its boring moments, it’s SJW moments So when you say Average? You mean very low average,right? Go

• Mixed feelings

• Solo A Star Wars Story -Rant and Spoiler Review By Midnight's Edge well looks like Midnight's Edge is ranting and pissed off by this Waste Of Money movie. I can't wait for RedLetterMedia's review next on this devastating star Wars movie.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.