Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Nah. It's just that the actors are always doing other things. They don't just do the show exclusively. They do other TV and movie roles, public appearances, events etc. I don't think it's any easier to get them in the studio to record before the show ends than after.
    They all have their own lives.

I don't understand??? the actors live together when they are apart of the show???

• 2020? I just pray some of us will be alive at that point.

OzzyUK posted: »

Nothing has been announced officially but Job heavily hinted that they wanted to wait until the TV show has finished before they continue wi

• I really hope this game is not cancelled.

• If they wait for the series to end while the game only take place during third-fourth season that's all the scenarii I can see:

1°) There's a time line gap. It could means new heroes.
    2°)There's a time line gap but somehow, we still go with the last hero we ended with. Probably on a revenge spree with the events of the taking of Winterfell and beyond.
    3°) there would be spoiler about the ending of the series (probably with the others); it would still take place where we stopped at first season.

I don't want it but they will probably go for the 1°).

• The playable heroes better be Talia, Beskha, and Gared because I know the Rodrik/Asher thing is hard but not impossible they did it once they can do it again! I want Rodrik/Asher to beat the Whitehills and no one else hopefully they are playable in finale at least.

Euron posted: »

If they wait for the series to end while the game only take place during third-fourth season that's all the scenarii I can see: 1°) There

• Siiiiiiiighhhhhhhhh. That is all. I really was hoping they' do a season during the war .... then a 3rd after the fact/rebuilding. But I guess we may only get one more in another 2 years. That's disheartening.

• I'm sorry that you guys have to put up with no news and the fear of a possible cancellation.

If you just want more Game Of Thrones games to play then this one is on sale. I haven't played it yet and it seems to have mixed reviews but it looks like there's a fair amount of people who enjoyed it.

• Is Game of Thrones worth watching after Season 4? Im going to read the books when my brother is done reading them all but I haven't heard good things from Season 5 and so on. Also how many seasons are left?

• I think that it's worth continuing to watch the show, as the character development and plot points that were built up in earlier seasons of the HBO show really start to pay off. There is one Season left of the HBO show that is going to air next year, and that will be the final Season, aside from the spin off series.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Is Game of Thrones worth watching after Season 4? Im going to read the books when my brother is done reading them all but I haven't heard good things from Season 5 and so on. Also how many seasons are left?

• Ok thanks.

I think that it's worth continuing to watch the show, as the character development and plot points that were built up in earlier seasons of

• If you are reading the books you will see differences between the show and books some are big and some are small however, the game by TellTale is set in the show's universe even though they do mention the Forresters in one of the books.

Ok thanks.

• edited February 2018

I've heard alot of great things about the books. I also heard that the characters in the books are more better and in depth then the characters in the show. I'll be really excited when I get to read them all.

If you are reading the books you will see differences between the show and books some are big and some are small however, the game by TellTale is set in the show's universe even though they do mention the Forresters in one of the books.

• Well there are some characters in the book that never show up in the show like Lady Stoneheart or Patches, they would've made the show a lot darker. Also the books dive into the lore of Game of Thrones with greater detail.

I've heard alot of great things about the books. I also heard that the characters in the books are more better and in depth then the characters in the show. I'll be really excited when I get to read them all.

• edited March 2018

I just finished GoT today and it was awesome even tho i dont read book and watch show but i like the game.
    Cant wait for season 2, but i guess it will be released 2019-2020
    Too bad...

• Yeah I'm with Ozzy and Sniper on this. Also this same leaker claims that the final season of Walking Dead will be released next month with Christa returning...despite no release announcement or trailer debut from telltale.

• I think that people "leaking" information about TellTale's games have no idea what they are talking about because they are giving out false information. April is the month that TellTale is going to the PAX game show. I think that TellTale's going to make The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us their main games they are working on, before announcing anything about Game of Thrones or other projects.

Yeah I'm with Ozzy and Sniper on this. Also this same leaker claims that the final season of Walking Dead will be released next month with Christa returning...despite no release announcement or trailer debut from telltale.

• A new article from The Verge about the future of Telltale states that Game of Thrones: Season 2's production process hasn't been affected by their layoffs last year, which is.. something.

• Still waiting. ;)

• Such a cruel reminder of our painful struggle!

Still waiting.

• You know what? The next time someone mentions that they're gonna be interviewing someone from Telltale (someone who'd actually know something about GOT's development) they better be bombarded with demands to ask about GOT.

• I would really like if TellTale says something about the game because it feels like forever since the first season released.

AgentZ46 posted: »

You know what? The next time someone mentions that they're gonna be interviewing someone from Telltale (someone who'd actually know something about GOT's development) they better be bombarded with demands to ask about GOT.

• At this point I just want reassurance that it is happening or just outright confirm that it's not happening. Though I'd be incredibly let down by the latter.

I would really like if TellTale says something about the game because it feels like forever since the first season released.

• Agreed I just hope they announce it after The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us Season 2 are completed.

AgentZ46 posted: »

At this point I just want reassurance that it is happening or just outright confirm that it's not happening. Though I'd be incredibly let down by the latter.

• Well, if The Wolf Among Us 2 was delayed to 2019 it will be pretty hard for a GOT S2 to be out the same year. Probably 2020 and in the worst of the cases we`ll be playing it around 2021

• edited June 2018

Doesn't need to come out in 2019, just announce that it will still happen! That's all we can hope for at this point.

NickElMufa posted: »

Well, if The Wolf Among Us 2 was delayed to 2019 it will be pretty hard for a GOT S2 to be out the same year. Probably 2020 and in the worst of the cases we`ll be playing it around 2021

• edited June 2018

I would hate for that to happen. If telltale decides to change it to 2020 or 2021 that would be crazy considering the game ended in 2015. I mean by that time who would still have their save files for GoT? Also I can imagine a big time skip so hopefully some of the choices will still matter.

NickElMufa posted: »

Well, if The Wolf Among Us 2 was delayed to 2019 it will be pretty hard for a GOT S2 to be out the same year. Probably 2020 and in the worst of the cases we`ll be playing it around 2021

• Well to be honest I think that Game of Thrones will come out after both The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us are completed because they don't have any more upcoming games announced or confirmed except for Game of Thrones Season 2! Also the new camera angles and stuff they are using for their games now is a great way to experience the Game of Thrones universe!

I would hate for that to happen. If telltale decides to change it to 2020 or 2021 that would be crazy considering the game ended in 2015. I

• edited June 2018

IGN reported last week that Telltale is now working with Netflix on a Stranger Things game, so I wouldn't count on Game of Thrones being top priority...

Well to be honest I think that Game of Thrones will come out after both The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us are completed because they do

• Well actually a lot of planning and work goes into starting a new game. Game of Thrones has a story that already knows where it wants to go.

Pahn711 posted: »

IGN reported last week that Telltale is now working with Netflix on a Stranger Things game, so I wouldn't count on Game of Thrones being top priority...

• The final season of the show should be finished filming. The events of Seasons 5 and 6 ought to be more than enough to influence the main conflict. But of course the North Grove stuff still needs to be explored and I hope Telltale can finally get the ball rolling.

• edited June 2018

Why are you so sure that Telltale knows exactly where they want the story to go? If they are waiting for the tv series to end, I have to assume that there are plenty of loose ends needing to be tied up before continuing. Not to mention the number of determinant characters (including a main protagonist and antagonist) who could play a potentially significant role (resulting in different versions of the main story, as we saw with the Rodrik/Asher paths of episode 6).

I'm not convinced that is the case at all. In fact, I would argue that starting fresh with a new series (that has no such entanglements) might be more appealing and thus commit more resources towards.

Well actually a lot of planning and work goes into starting a new game. Game of Thrones has a story that already knows where it wants to go.

• Well the reason why I think that TellTale knows where it wants to go is because they announced a Season 2 a while ago. Also they have meetings with the writers of the HBO show which will allow them to work together on where the story should end up when Season 2 is concluded and how it will tie in to the show.

Why are you so sure that Telltale knows exactly where they want the story to go? If they are waiting for the tv series to end, I have to ass

• edited June 2018

But the Telltale team is not privy to what is going to happen in Season 8 yet, right? Isn't that the point of having to wait until the tv show ends before developing the second season of the game? In that respect, you can't say for sure that they know exactly where the story will go...

Well the reason why I think that TellTale knows where it wants to go is because they announced a Season 2 a while ago. Also they have meetin

• I remember when they announced Season 2 they said that they had sticky notes filled with ideas around the office... so I'm guessing they don't have the larger story planned, but perhaps some smaller aspects that they know they want to happen?

But the Telltale team is not privy to what is going to happen in Season 8 yet, right? Isn't that the point of having to wait until the tv sh

• It's 99.9% cancelled.

TWAU2 was almost a victim of cost cutting and was only saved because of demand from the fans as well as within Telltale.

If it took that much effort to get TWAU2 to go through, I doubt there's any hope for us. True to the books, were GRRM will likely die before he finishes them at this rate, another aspect of Game of Thrones dies without closure.

We got well and truly wanged.

• edited July 2018

Well thank god we will get TWAU at least, I was losing hope there

JakeSt123 posted: »

It's 99.9% cancelled. TWAU2 was almost a victim of cost cutting and was only saved because of demand from the fans as well as within Tell

• This is a dead chat if I've ever seen one.

• So... goodbye Telltale... goodbye everything </3

• Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread

-Curb Your Enthusiasm theme-

• Too many people are in need of a miracle right now, thanks to Telltale's bungling.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.