TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• Man, Pete Hawley seems like a very sympathetic guy. Can't wait to see where he takes Telltale next.

OzzyUK posted: »

I just saw that Pete Hawley has an amazing new icon on Twitter.

• edited August 2018

Not sure if anyone has seen this new teaser posted to Telltale's twitter, so just-in-case, here it is:

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1027212815436664833

• edited August 2018

Hope it’s not much of a spoiler, but according to reddit, achievement/trophy illustrations are making it’s return. No more lame numbered achievements, yeah!!!

If this turns out to be true, this little nice sweet touch will TAKE US BACK to good old 2013 :wink:

• Cant wait to watch the episodes when they come out but will buy them letter and maybe the collection on stream if price is reduced . only a few more days left

https://giphy.com/gifs/happy-smiling-jeremy-renner-14urMYvFxIKEms

• Welp like I said, the PC demo wasnt released because major leaks would happen, but you fellas kept pushing Telltale to release a 10 minute demo of gameplay you already saw. Now look where we are. Good job bois.

• edited August 2018

If you think what was found in the demo was bad, just wait till the full season comes out.

I don't even think Telltale can get rid of any spoilers in that.

It's different with the demo because you didnt actually need all the extra info for the game to run (since we only played 20mins of it), but someone who has downloaded the entire season can potentially find future episode content as it's added in.

Poogers555 posted: »

Welp like I said, the PC demo wasnt released because major leaks would happen, but you fellas kept pushing Telltale to release a 10 minute demo of gameplay you already saw. Now look where we are. Good job bois.

• After the season comes out there shouldnt be much of a problem of future content, atleast nothing as major as the entire first episode like this demo did. Problem here is the demo is basically all of episode 1 but changed so it ends early, when in reality its the whole episode tucked in the files, wont be surprised if someone manages to get the whole episode running before release.

Its still just annoying, I knew this would happen. I wish Telltale just didnt release that demo at all, it was so obvious they wouldnt take the right steps to make sure content past the demo wouldnt be present.

If you think what was found in the demo was bad, just wait till the full season comes out. I don't even think Telltale can get rid of any

• This reminds me of that time Sega accidentally released the entirety of Yakuza 6 in the demo version, LMAO.

But yeah, I hope Telltale learns from this and either only has the files the demo needs in it, or doesn't release a PC demo at all.

After the season comes out there shouldnt be much of a problem of future content, atleast nothing as major as the entire first episode like

• edited August 2018

You might be right actually, now that I think of it I think they only input most of the important data when the next episode is actually due (so we download it during actual release)

I still find the demo stuff silly though. Like when I was looking through the data there was literally a folder for the choices. That could have been removed and would not have affected the demo (it's coding for the screen that shows up at the end of the episode - so it wouldn't have messed with the first choice we see in the demo since it's not an actual action prompt.)

After the season comes out there shouldnt be much of a problem of future content, atleast nothing as major as the entire first episode like

• Well I accidentally got spoiled because people are idiots. Can anyone talk me out of being thoroughly depressed over it

• Can anyone talk me out of being thoroughly depressed over it

At least the episode will be out in less than a week!

Well I accidentally got spoiled because people are idiots. Can anyone talk me out of being thoroughly depressed over it

• In General Chat I have a post about making a Pact with Telltale to never again do a PC Demo...please check it and post that you agree...I feel so guilty over this situation.

• Were you among the people who demanded the demo for PC?

In General Chat I have a post about making a Pact with Telltale to never again do a PC Demo...please check it and post that you agree...I feel so guilty over this situation.

• Yes

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Were you among the people who demanded the demo for PC?

• Well, at least you are sorry :/

Yes

• Don't feel guilty.

The problem wasn't the demo releasing on PC. The problem was Telltale being careless enough to leave in the uneeded files for the entire episode.

That's hardly your fault, tbh.

In General Chat I have a post about making a Pact with Telltale to never again do a PC Demo...please check it and post that you agree...I feel so guilty over this situation.

• im just surprised there's not any backlash for a mobile version not being introduced :wink:, glad i've got a switch im looking forward to seeing how much an episode costs on the nintendo store; or are we getting the full product at a set price (and releasing the episodes as and when?)

• This is not the first time this has happened. It happened with S2 and ANF. You’d think they’d figure out how to not have major spoilers in the files by now.

Don't feel guilty. The problem wasn't the demo releasing on PC. The problem was Telltale being careless enough to leave in the uneeded files for the entire episode. That's hardly your fault, tbh.

• It's not your fault that Telltale left a bunch of needless stuff in the PC demo. Or that the demo itself is apparently just the full episode but with a restriction to prevent players from playing the rest of the episode.

• At least Telltale didn't screw up as badly as Sega and made sure the restriction worked. I can't imagine the chaos that would happen if people ended up accessing the full episode on accident.

MichaelBP posted: »

It's not your fault that Telltale left a bunch of needless stuff in the PC demo. Or that the demo itself is apparently just the full episode but with a restriction to prevent players from playing the rest of the episode.

• Yeah I know, I was one of the people that found the S2 files (on my previous account before I couldn't log in)

I mean, even if they can't take them out, at least rename them to something boring so it's a bit harder to discover lol

Mattsag207 posted: »

This is not the first time this has happened. It happened with S2 and ANF. You’d think they’d figure out how to not have major spoilers in the files by now.

• This whole thing reminds of the Captain Spirit/Life is Strange 2 situation, where people datamined the special Captain Spirit demo, which is NOT EVEN INCLUDED IN THE ACTUAL GAME and found lots of data from LiS2.

Captain Spirit is basically a seperate game, but they still found stuff for LiS2, because it's the same engine build they used for LiS2. I think their assets are all saved in their Unreal Engine 4 dev build to make it easier to access them, instead of having two seperate engine builds for the demo and for the actual game, which can be time consuming to manage. They could've prevented that by developing the demo seperate to LiS2 and building it from the ground up with a seperate dev build exclusive to the demo, which only includes code and assets from the demo, but that is sadly time consuming as well and the idea of this kind of intro probably came up way to late in the developement of LiS2 to set up a completely new dev build with its own little dev team just for a demo, so they just developed the Captain Spirit demo at the same time as LiS2 with the same build to save time and money.

Telltale, however, couldn't have seperated the demo from the actual game, because the demo IS the actual beginning of the game. If they removed code from the demo, they would need to put it back in later, which, since the Telltale Tool is arcaic as hell, would've probably caused a lot of problems.

• If that's the case, then they just should have never released a PC demo. They should have known people would data mine it.

GSSalvador posted: »

This whole thing reminds of the Captain Spirit/Life is Strange 2 situation, where people datamined the special Captain Spirit demo, which is

• I got spoiled by some idiot who posted a spoiler but was referring to it as the fake leak about Javi and his fake baby. So I click his link, and uh oh real spoiler that had nothing to do with the fake leak! Thanks dog, good to see you dont have any brain cells!

(now we can suffer together homie)

Well I accidentally got spoiled because people are idiots. Can anyone talk me out of being thoroughly depressed over it

• Well that was the reason why they didn't intend on releasing the demo for PC originally, only consoles. However, because people whined and berated Telltale, practically bullying them into doing what they wanted, Telltale relented. People warned this would happen, but nobody listened, and now there's a bunch of leaks out. So yeah, I'm siding with a lot of the people on here right now, I hope the ones who bitched and complained are happy now. Was it worth it guys, to get a demo you had already seen except for, what, 10 seconds at the end.

EbiManami posted: »

If that's the case, then they just should have never released a PC demo. They should have known people would data mine it.

• Where'd you get spoiled so I can avoid that place.

I got spoiled by some idiot who posted a spoiler but was referring to it as the fake leak about Javi and his fake baby. So I click his link,

• edited August 2018

This is exactly what i thought. You either develope it seperate from the game, which costs extra time, or you don't do it at all, especially a week before it drops.

Pc players don't even need demos, since they can refund any game if they played less than two hours of it. There's a reason why demos pretty much died, especially on pc.

EbiManami posted: »

If that's the case, then they just should have never released a PC demo. They should have known people would data mine it.

• I'm betting that, with how competent Telltale has been lately, they planned for this by embedding dummy files. They know their stuff gets looked into. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. They've been sharp otherwise, so it's not without precedent.

• Yep, ten seconds that could have been watched on Youtube. People are amazingly stupid :)

Well that was the reason why they didn't intend on releasing the demo for PC originally, only consoles. However, because people whined and b

• Yeaaaaah, that`s.....highly unlikely

I'm betting that, with how competent Telltale has been lately, they planned for this by embedding dummy files. They know their stuff gets lo

• Or waited another week for when they play the real episode.

Yep, ten seconds that could have been watched on Youtube. People are amazingly stupid

• But so are a lot of other things that have happened with this franchise, both on Telltale's end and without.

Yeaaaaah, that`s.....highly unlikely

• In the meme thread of all places. It got deleted now though, so you should be fine. Id just be careful clicking any links at all now seeing how fucking dumb people are by just assuming everything ever has to do with the real leaks at the moment so they just post them assuming you already know.

lupinb0y posted: »

Where'd you get spoiled so I can avoid that place.

• Of course there is always a possibility, but I`ve seen these leaks, they are real, believe me

But so are a lot of other things that have happened with this franchise, both on Telltale's end and without.

• If they were fake, they're damn good ones.

Of course there is always a possibility, but I`ve seen these leaks, they are real, believe me

• I think it was the data being leaked onto Reddit that created the sudden wave of spoilers everywhere.

Originally it was just a few of us having private chats about it on Twitter for a few days, but then it got leaked publicly on Reddit. Then people here saw them on there and posted them here :/

Lord Vandal posted: »

im just surprised there's not any backlash for a mobile version not being introduced , glad i've got a switch im looking forward to seeing h

• edited August 2018

The leaks found in the files are 100% real. Telltale is too small to be wasting time making fake files for a demo. Like a fuck ton of shit leaked, basically the whole episode, they arnt going to include a whole fake episode in the files.

But so are a lot of other things that have happened with this franchise, both on Telltale's end and without.

• Yeah Reddit definitely gave those leaks a huge boost and now they are everywhere.

I think it was the data being leaked onto Reddit that created the sudden wave of spoilers everywhere. Originally it was just a few of us

Sign in to comment in this discussion.