The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Thanks a lot! I appreciate it! :)

DabigRG posted: »

Here is a bunch of stuff I took about 15 minutes or so to collect. Beware that there may be a "spoiler" or two included if you haven't been keeping on with official information. Enjoy. (Spoiler)

• edited September 2018

I have an interesting question:

Why don’t they eat insects?

They are considered highly nutritional, rich in protein, healthy fats, iron, and calcium and a good replacement for meat. Especially Locusts which come in swarms around the continents. So it’s easy to find and when you decide to eat one you’d likely have a feast.

(Should I make this into its seperate own thread?)

• (Should I make this into its separate own thread?)

Eh, it's fine here, as I'm not sure how much longevity of detailing it'd received. But that's just me--if this does manage to get a bunch of replies, then there'd be enough proven interest to have this spinoff into it's own thread.
    Though that's also not stopping you from also bringing it up here and in threads where it may be relevant.

Hersani posted: »

I have an interesting question: Why don’t they eat insects? They are considered highly nutritional, rich in protein, healthy fats, iro

• I wanna hear what you think about it.. why do you think they don’t eat insects? Is it because it might carry the infection?

(Should I make this into its separate own thread?) Eh, it's fine here, as I'm not sure how much longevity of detailing it'd received

• Probably because it's fucking bugs?
    As in "fun-sized" creepy crawlies that few normal people would wanna touch, much less put in their mouth.

I wanna hear what you think about it.. why do you think they don’t eat insects? Is it because it might carry the infection?

• Then you’d prefer getting starved to death? As for the “few normal people would wanna touch” part, aren’t smearing your whole body with walker guts a common thing for surviving? I’d rather play with a grasshoper in my hand than get near or even smell a zombie :P

Probably because it's fucking bugs? As in "fun-sized" creepy crawlies that few normal people would wanna touch, much less put in their mouth.

• Probably because it's fucking bugs?

??

Probably because it's fucking bugs? As in "fun-sized" creepy crawlies that few normal people would wanna touch, much less put in their mouth.

• Fair enough.
    Though there's still the "fun-sized" issue to contend with.

Then you’d prefer getting starved to death? As for the “few normal people would wanna touch” part, aren’t smearing your whole body with walk

• edited September 2018

Yeah but you could probably live the rest of your life eating nothing but bugs.

Breakfast: Fresh ants served hot and nice
    Lunch: Crickets with some rice
    Dinner: Nothing better than finishing the day with a good ol’ sandwich filled with locusts ??

Fair enough. Though there's still the "fun-sized" issue to contend with.

• They probably do, but the best ones are usually in jungles. Large beetles, scorpions, and other tasty arthropods are best found in tropical environments.

I have an interesting question: Why don’t they eat insects? They are considered highly nutritional, rich in protein, healthy fats, iro

• That’s why I said especially locusts/grasshopers.. wherever there’s plants or grass (mostly everywhere since human structures aren’t around anymore and nature is restoring) you could find them anywhere, probably better than any option out there

They probably do, but the best ones are usually in jungles. Large beetles, scorpions, and other tasty arthropods are best found in tropical environments.

• edited September 2018

It would take decades for most human structures to completely dissapear. Nature is returning, yes, but not at that high of a rate.
    I figure crickets and grasshoppers are hard to just walk up to and grab, you can’t exactly set traps for them or shoot them. A big group of people need to focus their energy on larger game.

That’s why I said especially locusts/grasshopers.. wherever there’s plants or grass (mostly everywhere since human structures aren’t around anymore and nature is restoring) you could find them anywhere, probably better than any option out there

• Well as far as the environmental I’ve seen in TFS it’s safe to assume nature is currently kinda everywhere.. and Nah they are pretty easy to catch!

Have you ever tried putting 15 locusts in a water bottle and let them get shoved till death? (Yes I have a fucked up childhood don’t remind me XD)

It would take decades for most human structures to completely dissapear. Nature is returning, yes, but not at that high of a rate. I figur

• edited September 2018

They are already in a forest, the train station and shed near the stream looked very intact for small man-made structures, I expected weeds or flowers coming up from the floor boards.
    I remember throwing a basketball at a butterfly and hitting it when I was a kid so I think both our childhoods were fucked :D

Well as far as the environmental I’ve seen in TFS it’s safe to assume nature is currently kinda everywhere.. and Nah they are pretty easy to

• ♪Hakuna Matata
    What a wonderful phrase♩

@TripleKillionare They probably do, but the best ones are usually in jungles. Large beetles, scorpions, and other tasty arthropods are best found in tropical environments.

Oh, well then I really will start.

Yeah but you could probably live the rest of your life eating nothing but bugs. Breakfast: Fresh ants served hot and nice Lunch: Cricket

• When will people start spoiling stuff on these forums? Should I stop coming here on Monday or Tuesday?

• Does anyone like Violet without the shipping stuff?

• I do!

Does anyone like Violet without the shipping stuff?

• Me too

NexusFire posted: »

I do!

• Yes.

• I hope we get more backstory about these characters. It's probably why the shipping is so rampant right now. We hunger for character interaction to get us a whiff of who they are.

• That's not what I get from 90% of these sleets, but true enough.
    Violet in and of herself is still predictably the most bland of the main four(plus Assim) right now.

I hope we get more backstory about these characters. It's probably why the shipping is so rampant right now. We hunger for character interaction to get us a whiff of who they are.

• Wasn't there a thread about AJ being gay just now?

• Yes

Wasn't there a thread about AJ being gay just now?

• Well, what happened to it?
    Why?

MrGraffio posted: »

Yes

• Mighty thor struck it down

Well, what happened to it? Why?

• Definitely Tuesday, you can probably still come on Monday but only in the morning or afternoon.

NexusFire posted: »

When will people start spoiling stuff on these forums? Should I stop coming here on Monday or Tuesday?

• Why?

Mighty thor struck it down

• Cause it was an obvious troll, like the new ligma thread

Why?

• I’ll be the first to say it, those kinds of threads are the best kind and deserve to stay around for years

Cause it was an obvious troll, like the new ligma thread

• Oh yeah.
    Shame.

Cause it was an obvious troll, like the new ligma thread

• Will there be any confirmation as to how long Episode 2 will be before it launches?

• Thanks for answering! This is actually perfect seeing how I'm completely busy in the middle of the day.

Definitely Tuesday, you can probably still come on Monday but only in the morning or afternoon.

• 54 minutes

Will there be any confirmation as to how long Episode 2 will be before it launches?

• Wtf are you serious?

54 minutes

• No sorry that was thicker tha water ???

Wtf are you serious?

• edited September 2018

Got a question for you folks.
    Just completed Season 1 and decided to cut Lee's arm, so in the end did he die for bite infection or did he die for blood loss? Because in season 2 I think I remember Pete (not sure about it) mentioning that a a friend or cousin or whatsoever managed to survive a bite after he removed the bitten limb or Reggie himself who survived after he got his arm cutted.

• In the time it took Lee to get down to the sewers, the infection had already ran its course in him. Cutting it didn’t save him.

Gauss99 posted: »

Got a question for you folks. Just completed Season 1 and decided to cut Lee's arm, so in the end did he die for bite infection or did he d

• I'll try.

Please, do. [Can't tell if this is the sarcastic or nice option.]

Daw, poor Ben. He just wanted his place in the group to not be a downer all the time.

Yeah.. he wanted to belong in the group and to be treated like a human. No one really taught him anything.

[Can't find it right now]

No worries.

Thanks. Just.. be more gentle with me, okay? I'll try. You could tell that he really respected Lee. Recently when I replayed

• Can a lady walker get pregnant??‍♀️?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.