Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• edited September 2018

Omg I hate this. Spoilers galore, everyone! Who even thought that this was a good idea? Maybe in a game like just cause, the elder scrolls/fallout, gta, but in an episodic game? Really?

MrGraffio posted: »

See? Its shit like this that got Telltale under...if YouTubers get the episode in advance WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO BUY YOUR GAME

• Its not about that...if YouTubers stream the episode before it released why should you be inclined to buy it?

Melton23 posted: »

Omg I hate this. Spoilers galore, everyone! Who even thought that this was a good idea? Maybe in a game like just cause, the elder scrolls/fallout, gta, but in an episodic game? Really?

• Word

See? Its shit like this that got Telltale under...if YouTubers get the episode in advance WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO BUY YOUR GAME

• To make your own choices but I see your point and I hate it ? why couldn’t telltale just be smarter? ?

Its not about that...if YouTubers stream the episode before it released why should you be inclined to buy it?

• Well I never played TFTB, only watched the gameplay, but I bought the game either way, because I felt obliged to do so and I was gonna play it myself after some time, hoping that someday I will forget all that happens there, and I will be able to experience the game myself...

I have also watched 1st episode of Wolf when it came out, and I bought the game right after that so I could finish it with my own choices - same thing happened to me With Batman, so it's not like the gameplays on Youtube did only harm to the sales...

• I also feel that way about Telltale games, but I don't think the general public would buy a game if they already know what is going to happen.

JmoooX posted: »

Well I never played TFTB, only watched the gameplay, but I bought the game either way, because I felt obliged to do so and I was gonna play

• edited September 2018

I almost feel like pewdiepie and other youtubers have made alot more money out of twdg than telltale.

• This

I also feel that way about Telltale games, but I don't think the general public would buy a game if they already know what is going to happen.

• Still nothing

• And the worst part... THE YOUTUBERS DON'T NEED TO TELL THEIR VIEWERS TO CONSIDER PURCHASING THE GAME

• It all could have been fixed by simply allowing Youtubers to post only 1, max 2 episodes - this way They would get the needed advertisement and folks that would want to see what happens next, would have to buy the games and play them themselves

• Nah, season 1 still maked a shit ton of money for them

I almost feel like pewdiepie and other youtubers have made alot more money out of twdg than telltale.

• True, but they would have made alot more if they didn't allow people to post vids of whole episodes.

Nah, season 1 still maked a shit ton of money for them

• Doesn't help most people I know would rather watch a let's play than buy the game themselves.

• The perfect waiting thread to cry in. Excellent!

• At least you PLAY it, that's what matter.

Minecraft: Story Mode is the best Telltale game ever for me. I like it even more then TWD.

I'm so sad there is no hope for Season 3.

It’s a bad game. Coming from someone who has around 1000 hours on Minecraft across multiple consoles, Minecraft Story Mode was a huge disappointment. I haven’t played the 2nd season but I did play the first 5 episodes of season 1 and it was sooo bad.

• Sorry for asking here, but can someone check whenever they can download ep2 right now on the microsoft store?
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/the-walking-dead-the-final-season/9nl9xp529g4q
    I am asking because it says " (Episodes 1-2 available at launch, Episodes 3-4 coming soon).", and the Approximate size says it's 6.28 GB.

• I have a strange feeling that everything will be all right in the end.

• Everything will be alright soon

I have a strange feeling that everything will be all right in the end.

• I think you are underestimating here how much publicity Telltale got from people like Pewdiepie playing the game

True, but they would have made alot more if they didn't allow people to post vids of whole episodes.

• Man the wait is exhausting,ik it's over on ep 3 and 4....but will TT figure out who to send twd to for them to end it? Will it end at all?will I fucking sleep?I don't think so....

• What to do? Everything depends on Pete Hawley now.

• When you make a funny image in 30 minutes for the lulz and it gets more likes than any of your proper work ever did, GG.

Jayroen posted: »

WHERE'S THE REST OF MY SEASON PETE?

• Hey here's something. The Netcraft team, as they call themselves, is very small, probably less than 10 people, So not EVERYONE that was retained was for Minecraft. just a shread of hope

• There some proof?

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Hey here's something. The Netcraft team, as they call themselves, is very small, probably less than 10 people, So not EVERYONE that was retained was for Minecraft. just a shread of hope

• It was tweeted by one of the Skeleton Devs.

Melton23 posted: »

There some proof?

• Yeah I would've taken a screenshot but I'm on my phone and don't know how to do that
    Head to @anameformyself on Twitter, one of the people on the Netcraft team. Replied to a tweet saying her team is very small and she doesn't know who else wasn't laid off and what those people are for. Also says she has no clue the status of TFS

• Even if the Netcraft team only has around 7-10 people I doubt the rest of the skeleton crew could make episode 4 sense all it has is the script.

• Honestly, I just would like the final season to be finished properly and with the quality its had. The best we can hope for is Skybound finishing it or another studio picks up the game and finishes it on their own.

• From what I heard, episode 3 was in an advanced state, I read somewhere that it was already voice acted aswell, the problem would be episode 4.

Even if the Netcraft team only has around 7-10 people I doubt the rest of the skeleton crew could make episode 4 sense all it has is the script.

• Episode 3 is not shipping ready and there is no one left at Telltale who is capable of completing it. Source: Lead Designer of Season 4 on reddit MKirkbride

Gauss99 posted: »

From what I heard, episode 3 was in an advanced state, I read somewhere that it was already voice acted aswell, the problem would be episode 4.

• I don't know how they used to work, but did they really sell entire seasons without knowing how they ended ? Or without like 80% of the elements needed to finish it (plot, dialogues, 3D models etc) ?

• I mean if they delayed episode 4 for another month or two maybe they could do it? I’m sure the Netcraft shit won’t take that long so Telltale could have all 25 people by mid-October to finish polishing episode 3 and then start making episode 4. With a delay they could have multiple months (4 of 5 with a delay) to make it. I think it’s a matter of who’s left at Telltale because they need developers with different skills to make an episode and if they simply don’t have the people then it’s gonna get canceled or different developers would have to finish it if that’s even possible.

Gauss99 posted: »

From what I heard, episode 3 was in an advanced state, I read somewhere that it was already voice acted aswell, the problem would be episode 4.

• is anyone else having problems with their save files in TFS? In Season 2 I stayed in Wellington, but whenever I load up TFS she has the scar on her head she gets when she doesn't stay at Wellington. I have already tried making another save on TFS and it hasn't worked, can anyone help?

• I'm not staff, but I think that's a known glitch that is common. If they did fix it, it may be patched alongside Ep 2's release, but who knows at this point.

is anyone else having problems with their save files in TFS? In Season 2 I stayed in Wellington, but whenever I load up TFS she has the scar

• I don't think the story builder included the Wellington ending, did they scrap the Wellington ending all together?

I'm not staff, but I think that's a known glitch that is common. If they did fix it, it may be patched alongside Ep 2's release, but who knows at this point.

• At this point I don’t think anyone cares about the Wellington glitch. If we just get episodes 3 and 4 That would be legendary.

I'm not staff, but I think that's a known glitch that is common. If they did fix it, it may be patched alongside Ep 2's release, but who knows at this point.

• Nah it was their worst game an that's saying something considering GOT was not very good but damn was Minecraft just horrible.

Linkyop posted: »

At least you PLAY it, that's what matter. Minecraft: Story Mode is the best Telltale game ever for me. I like it even more then TWD. I'm so sad there is no hope for Season 3.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.