When will it begin shipping?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Wow I'm not the only one then? This is a bit much... Over 6 months?!? That seems a little much... of course I'm not really used to these types of situations... but still, I want my DVD :(

Also, so there's not gonna be another Duke Nukem game?! Awwww man. wth. :(
  • edited April 2010
    TTG said when the pre-orders started that it would ship in the Spring (Northern Hemisphere, for the pedants in the audience), and Spring isn't over yet.
  • edited April 2010
    Hmmmm looks like they got about a month then.

*cracks whip*:mad:
  • edited April 2010
    Also, where did you get the "6 months" from. Pretty sure they started pre-orders end last month, which would make it... 1 month now.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe he meant weeks? It's been six weeks since pre-orders started.
  • edited April 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Wow I'm not the only one then? This is a bit much... Over 6 months?!? That seems a little much... of course I'm not really used to these types of situations... but still, I want my DVD :(

After the game's done, they have to do special extra stuff, then checks and balances and whatnot, not including the time they're taking to make other games at the same time. Compared to Wallace and Grommit, this dvd is actually coming out faster with more stuff.

Patience is a good virtue.
  • edited April 2010
    Why do people not understand that "pre-order" does not mean "You will have it tomorrow"?
  • edited April 2010
    Well, it's not exactly "tomorrow" now but a little later...;)
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Why do people not understand that "pre-order" does not mean "You will have it tomorrow"?

It doesn't? :eek:

Edit: Wait, lemme rephrase that...

"It doesn't? :eek:" said the forums collectively.
  • edited April 2010
    It's a bit disappointing that with my order for the Monkey Island DVD (~6 weeks ago!) I also ordered two signed prints/posters, and the delivery/shipping of those is being held up by this as well.
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »

You're Right! But It will be great to know AT LEAST a period! You cannot just tell "In Spring"!!

We spent money! They have our money! Just let us know what they're doing! Just an update I don't think that someone will become angry if they will tell us "We're making extra stuff, wait again one month"..Isn't It??
  • edited April 2010
    They did let us know.
    They said they are running it by Lucasarts, because they´ve got to approve it since it´s their franchise.
    This is what´s happening right now. They don´t know when LA will approve, so they don´t know when it´ll ship.
  • edited April 2010
    jawlz wrote: »
    It's a bit disappointing that with my order for the Monkey Island DVD (~6 weeks ago!) I also ordered two signed prints/posters, and the delivery/shipping of those is being held up by this as well.

Yeah, I've got to say this is becoming slightly unreasonable. Again, although they didn't ever give us a specific date I had expected it by now, I'm waiting for other things to be shipped along with it and they do already have our money.

I'm not quite at the stage of demanding refunds, but still.
  • edited April 2010
    They said begin May now...
  • edited April 2010
    For everyone who has said that TTG has not given any updates:

4/22/10
    nikasaur wrote: »
    As for the Tales of Monkey Island items, they are still being produced and you'll get a shipping confirmation when they go out! The order was a pre-order for when they become available, we're estimating in May.

4/24/10
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hello Mr Brush and others

In addition to putting the final episodes on the DVD, there's additional new content for the disc (behind the scenes commentary and such).

DVDs should be coming your way in the very near future.

Thanks for your patience.

- Joel, Telltale

4/30/10
    bonnie wrote: »
    The tomi disc is not yet in stock. It is expected to arrive at our distribution center shortly.

Cheers,
    bonnie
  • edited April 2010
    Define "shortly"...? :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »

Shortly is probably within a week or two. Personally my life is so busy that I wouldn't have had time to mess with it if it really did come tomorrow. I don't think they've been unreasonable at all and it's been past the waiting for approval time for a while now. It takes time to make up all the physical extras and run it through the DVD duplicator and then get it all packed up ready for the warehouse. I think they've been as fair as they can and they are also in the air or they'd probably say "there's been a hold up on (you fill in the blank here)." I'm personally glad to see them saying shortly though as it really should be less than a month till you have it in your hands unless you're overseas.
  • edited May 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »

It's in the first quote:
    we're estimating in May.
  • edited May 2010
    My Goodness! People are already starting to saturate their torches in oil, and shine their pitchforks. If you're so anxious, go to the Start menu and click on the MI shortcut. By the time you finish the game five times over the package will be nestled safely in the postman's hand when you hear the ding dong pierce through the finale credits. :D

If anything an angry mob should be waiting outside LA headquarters (just to ask cooperatively when they will attend to Tales)
  • edited May 2010
    My Goodness! People are already starting to saturate their torches in oil, and shine their pitchforks. If you're so anxious, go to the Start menu and click on the MI shortcut. By the time you finish the game five times over the package will be nestled safely in the postman's hand when you hear the ding dong pierce through the finale credits. :D

If anything an angry mob should be waiting outside LA headquarters (just to ask cooperatively when they will attend to Tales)

For the last time, we aren't waiting on LA and haven't been since they announced that the DRM wouldn't be online based. It was only after LA accepted their proposal that we could have known that. Please quit blaming LA and there's really nobody to blame as actual production takes time. Calm down and put the torches and pitchforks away!
  • edited May 2010
    but my pitchfork is extra staby and my torch burns ever so brightly.....
  • edited May 2010
    TTG should start playing music to confuse the mob
    spongebob3.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Does the new association with Valve with the recent TF2 items mean that TTG gets Valve Time in return?
  • edited May 2010
    S@bre wrote: »
    Does the new association with Valve with the recent TF2 items mean that TTG gets Valve Time in return?

they'll answer that shortly, or at least eventually
  • edited May 2010
    jawlz wrote: »
    Yeah, I've got to say this is becoming slightly unreasonable. Again, although they didn't ever give us a specific date I had expected it by now, I'm waiting for other things to be shipped along with it and they do already have our money.

I'm not quite at the stage of demanding refunds, but still.

If you'd prefer, you can email support and I'm sure they'd be happy to ship them separately and charge you twice for shipping.

It's not unreasonable to take pre-orders for a product and then release it within a few months of pre-orders starting. I've pre-ordered a game well over a year in advance before, well before a release date was ever even hinted at. Allowing pre-orders for an unreleased product is in no way unreasonable. It allows them to gauge the demand in order to know how many they will need to produce in the initial shipment.

You'd think TTG had broken into your house, stolen your wallet, promised you doughnuts and then eaten your baby just because they didn't provide a 100% exact concrete release date from the moment you pre-ordered, sheesh.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Two months, my order is unsent. I packed other stuff in there to receive free international shipping. When the "free international shipping"-deal expired, the "50% on all Sam&Max"-deal was in effect. I e-mailed support to ask that if I were to order merchandise now, if it was possible to put the stuff into my previous, still unsent order to receive free shipping with that as well. I never received an answer to that request, unfortunately. And now the deal's over anyway. That, somehow, fuels my disappointment. :(

However, with the ToMI-DVD-delay per se, I do not really have a problem.
  • edited May 2010
    I e-mailed support to ask that if I were to order merchandise now, if it was possible to put the stuff into my previous, still unsent order to receive free shipping with that as well. I never received an answer to that request, unfortunately. And now the deal's over anyway. That, somehow, fuels my disappointment. :(
    They must have stated a hundred times in the last month in the "Shopping and Activation Support" forum that combining orders is NOT possible with their store software, so... NO.

np: David Bowie - Space Oddity (The Best Of David Bowie 1969-1974)
  • edited May 2010
    Two months, my order is unsent. I packed other stuff in there to receive free international shipping. When the "free international shipping"-deal expired, the "50% on all Sam&Max"-deal was in effect. I e-mailed support to ask that if I were to order merchandise now, if it was possible to put the stuff into my previous, still unsent order to receive free shipping with that as well. I never received an answer to that request, unfortunately. And now the deal's over anyway. That, somehow, fuels my disappointment. :(

However, with the ToMI-DVD-delay per se, I do not really have a problem.

The money you would have saved probably equaled or exceeded the shipping costs depending on what you got. They are ultimately around to make money, so to give you a huge half off discount and then tack free shipping on top would really put a hurt on their wallet. (Hence why I'm nearly certain this is the reason they purposely weren't offered at the same time). They really try to help us fans out but there is only so much they can do before they start going into the red.
  • edited May 2010
    I DO start to wonder why I ordered the DVD Version at all. By the time I get it I wonder if I will still be interested in seing the bonus stuff.
  • edited May 2010
    Neumi wrote: »
    I DO start to wonder why I ordered the DVD Version at all. By the time I get it I wonder if I will still be interested in seing the bonus stuff.

Oh, I'm sure you will be. How can you not be excited about an actual map of the Gulf of Melange? Or an official monkey island coin? No matter how long it takes to get here, I'll still be excited to see the bonus stuff.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sure you will be. How can you not be excited about an actual map of the Gulf of Melange? Or an official monkey island coin? No matter how long it takes to get here, I'll still be excited to see the bonus stuff.

I think they meant the bonuses on the DVD. Like commentary and stuff.
    I can't wait for them, personally. I hope there is a whole commentary part about click and drag :D
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I can't wait for them, personally. I hope there is a whole commentary part about click and drag :D

Same here, even the bonuses on the DVD I can't help but look forward to, and I really don't see how someone could lose interest just because a couple of months pass by.
  • edited May 2010
    You guys need to be patient. You all have the game to play until they send out the DVD's. I have been waiting too since the pre-order and I am still excited that the DVD will be out soon with all the extras. But it doesn't mean I won't have fun playing it until it gets here, besides, there is the new Sam And Max to play, with the second episode coming out this month. Get excited about that and be patient, Telltale will ship the Tales Of Monkey Island DVD when it is ready and not before. Have fun guys!
  • edited May 2010
    anyone can answer my question please? if i purchase the bundle offer including SomiSE and Tomi for 19.95$, i'll afterward have the Tomi DVD shipping at my home with payment of ship only (to Europe) ?? Please, please, Help ME!
  • edited May 2010
    You can try it out. Just go through with ordering but stop just short of actually filling in your creditcard or Paypal information. You'll get an overview of the complete order. If that order mentions shipping costs, it'll include the DVD.
    If not, you can most likely go here to buy just the DVD after buying the 'SoMI:SE + ToMI' deal. The DVD should show up as costing $0.00, so you'll only pay for shipping then.
    I hope that helps.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

You just want to hear Yare. :p
    belacqua wrote: »
    anyone can answer my question please? if i purchase the bundle offer including SomiSE and Tomi for 19.95$, i'll afterward have the Tomi DVD shipping at my home with payment of ship only (to Europe) ?? Please, please, Help ME!

Yes, once you own the digital downloads of Tales, you are then able to place an order for the DVD at just the cost of shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    thanks guys!

one more questions: if it's as you tell me, after purchased the deal, if i go at the page that didero posted me, will i known by the sistem that i have yet Tomi digital downloaded? will i access easyly to the DVD "only-ship-pay" order?
    thanks!
  • edited May 2010
    and which is the cost for shipping the DVD ?
  • edited May 2010
    They said it would be shipping in late April....
  • edited May 2010
    Oh when I said I'd been waiting like 6 months I was actually referring to the fact that I've been looking forward to owning a hard copy + episode commentary and such since ep1 first came out. That's what I meant.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.