What characters do you think deserve MORE hate then they get?

I don't men the ordinary characters that gets hate every time they come up in a discussion.
For example Arvo and Larry.

I personally don't understand why so many people like Christa. Almost every time she's on screen she's being a bitch, not to the extent of Lilly but still pretty bad.

For example...

When they first meet Lee and Clem on the bridge she say "You not her dad he down there?" Even if she's right that's a pretty bad thing to say to a complete stranger.

If Lee asks what they were arguing about on the bride she gets really defensive and basically tells Lee to fuck of. But when you don't immediately tell her about the radio she gets really angry for keeping secrets.(At that point they know each other for about a day). She's also really fast on integrating Clementine and criticise Lee at several different occasions.

She's also clear whit that the only thing shes care about is Omid, and are very demanding that we should help them. Realistically what reason does Lee and Kenny have to give a shit about Omid at that point? Specially when Christa sad so much shit about not sticking around.

I have way more smaller examples but i can't get bored to right it all, and I think you get the point.

I know someone gonna say that she cared for Clementine all that time in Season 2, but that was of screen and I didn't see any love coming from Crista. It felt more like a cold and maybe abusive relationship between them. For me Christa was shot dead in the woods and good riddance. (Rant over)

Comments

• I don’t get why people like Luke so much. Especially after Amid The Ruins. And as for Christa, she still stuck with Clementine. Was she bitter? I would be too. Point is she stuck with her.

• She's still a big bitch.
    Not to the point of Lilly that she could abandon a 9 year old in the woods that you promised to protect.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I don’t get why people like Luke so much. Especially after Amid The Ruins. And as for Christa, she still stuck with Clementine. Was she bitter? I would be too. Point is she stuck with her.

• I don't understand the love behind Jane and most of the ANF characters, especially David and Kate (Yes, they do have fans). David tried to kill his own brother, with or without a single reason, that was enough for me to hate his guts and that's coming from someone who liked and sided with him in ep 3 and 4. Kate just doesn't shut the fuck up about romance, no wonder she almost got Javi killed EVEN IF SHE KNEW DAVID COULDN'T HANDLE IN ARGUMENTS.

I don't care how much you hate Kenny, Jane tried to provoke a man who lost his family just to prove that he is crazy which was completely pointless, if she didn't want to fight him, she could have easily said AJ was alive, but no, she DID want Clem to kill him. Not only that, she left AJ in a frozen car with an open window where he could have easily died (The only reason he survived is plot), what if AJ didn't cry after Clem killed Kenny? Jane wouldn't have told Clem the truth.

• edited October 2018

To be fair I think I’d be bitchy too if I lived in a world like that XD but I guess we can agree to disagree. She’s actually one of my favorites.

She's still a big bitch. Not to the point of Lilly that she could abandon a 9 year old in the woods that you promised to protect.

• Ok fair enough, but what has she done for you to like he? (On screen)

NOHATCLEM posted: »

To be fair I think I’d be bitchy too if I lived in a world like that XD but I guess we can agree to disagree. She’s actually one of my favorites.

• I actually liked her sass and attitude. For me characters are more than just about being “bitchy” and “nice”. Although she was cold, she really didn’t have to stick with Clementine. Maybe she wasn’t cold the entire time, maybe something else happened during the time skip that pissed her off. You also have to remember she (for whatever reason) does not have her child with her. I wish we got at least a hint of what happened in those 16 months. If I remember correctly, she was also very involved in helping Lee find Clementine. She helped. I also tend to like characters that cause a lot of discussion like Lily, Jane, and Kenny (not a big fan of him but he can definitely make people talk).

Ok fair enough, but what has she done for you to like he? (On screen)

• Jane
    David
    Javier
    Kate
    Gabe
    Joan
    Badger
    Mike
    Bonnie
    Danny (400 Days)
    Sam (Michonne)

• Katjaa, even though she was a well recieved character by most.
    She killed herself, leaving her husband and dying son behind. Did she just assume her son’s father, already a sobbing wreck, could handle putting Duck down? What about clementine? There’s no other woman in the group to be motherly towards her.
    And don’t even get me started about how she’s the closest thing to a doctor anymore, she never bothered to show the others what to do for wounds or illnesses or whatever?

• edited October 2018

Jane. Some people seem to feel bad for her after S3, I don't.
    If you sided with her, she will:

-Put AJ in mortal danger in the middle of a blizzard just to prove a point
    -Provoke Clementine's grieving friend into losing his shit and then get him killed just to prove that same point
    -Say that she did it all for Clementine, that she can't do it alone, that she will stick by Clem and help her from now on
    -Go back on all her promises and actually abandon Clem and AJ via suicide not one or two months later, leaving a child and a baby to fend for themselves, making all that drama about Kenny fucking pointless

Screw Jane, she deserves no respect. Selfish and unreliable to the end. Kenny's got a lotta issues but at least he's loyal. If he says he's got your back, he's GOT your back.

• Lee, for not just taking Clem and leaving all the idiots behind when he had the chance.

• I have a few

*Jane
    *Kate
    *Bonnie
    *Eleanor
    *The old Farts from Savannah

• I really hated Katjaa and Jane after they took the "shortcut" and left a devastated husband and 2 children alone.
    Suicide is a cowardly way to "solve" all the problems.

• Imma name someone who doesn't already get so much hate as it is:
    Season 2 Kenny.

• Brody because her and Marlon trade the twins.

• Kenny!
    Eleanor
    David
    Marlon

• Carlos.

He has a girl around Clementine's age. He's a trained professional that can't tell the difference between a human bite and a dog bite.

So this single father that believes in sheltering children ( at least his own ) locked a starving, cold, wounded child his daughter's age up in front of his house where dead things wander enough to believe she'd been recently bitten. He slaps his own daughter so hard even Carver looked surprised for a second.

• Luke. Blandest character in the series after his original backstory was rewritten and he's a cowardly traitor to boot.

• Kenny.

Not much else to say that you don't already know.

• David without a doubt. I know it was his character flaw but I couldn’t stand how most of Javi’s interactions with him in flashbacks and certain scenes would basically be him constantly putting him down and making him seem worthless while he spends his time CONSTANTLY making things worse for everybody in the group and never taking responsibility for it. Not to mention him saying stuff like “never be like your uncle be a real man” to Gabe and how he was a piece of shit to Clem pretty much the whole way through until like the last 20 minutes.

• edited October 2018

Luke is a shitbird who basically fucks up nonstop throughout the season but he gets a pass for being nice and is even compared to Lee which is ridiculous. Luke goes along with locking Clem in the shed, gives Nick a hard time after he lost Pete and is generally just an asshole to Nick, he runs and hides instead of helping Kenny confront Carver, he gets caught stealing food instead of just waiting and doing the plan, he wants to leave Kenny behind, fucks Jane instead of patrolling, is generally just a weak and unreliable person.

I also think that AJ being demonized more than Marlon is absurd. Marlon was trading children to raiders, murdered the one person who knew and tried to come clean, and then tried killing Clem. Fuck that guy.

• What was his original backstory?

Cheddarhead posted: »

Luke. Blandest character in the series after his original backstory was rewritten and he's a cowardly traitor to boot.

• As I've said before, Marlon had very few options. He could have opposed Delta and have the entire community destroyed and the entire community taken or killed. Or give a few kids to minimize their overall loses.

You saw firsthand what happened when they had 2 weeks of preparation and the raiders still easily got in and took half the kids and killed one and left the camp destroyed in flames. I will say Marlon handled the entire situation very poorly. He should've been honest and transparent with the group about what is really going on with Delta. Him killing Brody is also inexcusable as well.

Luke is a shitbird who basically fucks up nonstop throughout the season but he gets a pass for being nice and is even compared to Lee which

• Ben.
    Nick, (AKA Ben 2.0).
    Carlos

• Betraying your friends would never have been an option for a leader with a good heart

Chibikid posted: »

As I've said before, Marlon had very few options. He could have opposed Delta and have the entire community destroyed and the entire communi

• Jane is one of the worst people to ever appear in this series. I can totally understand shooting Kenny, but sticking with her afterwords? Knowing what she did? That's beyond me.

Lilly is another one I see many people defending to this day. Letting her back in the RV is also insane regardless if you sided with her or not. She killed Carley for no fucking reason. I guess that's more understandable if you saved Doug since in this case Lilly shoots him by accident but I'm pretty sure most people saved Carley anyway so...

And last but not least: Conrad. I know it's interesting to have a determinant character to last till the end of the game, but how can you trust this son of a bitch? He threatens your nephew! What was I supposed to do? Even if you ignore your sympathy for Clem in the first two seasons, she still trusted you to tell that she was part of the New Frontier. There's no reason to betray her like that. I had no problem with Conrad until that point in the game but after that scene, I'm sorry. He had to be put down.

• edited October 2018

I don't get it, why doesn't more people hate Christa?

• I hated her at first. Then she grew on me but honestly: I don't care if she comes back or not. I've moved on from her before even finishing the What Remains episode.

• For me it was the opposite. I liked her at first and wanted her to return in the end of season 2. But the more time i play the game, the more i realised what a cold manipulative bitch she was.

Archielan posted: »

I hated her at first. Then she grew on me but honestly: I don't care if she comes back or not. I've moved on from her before even finishing the What Remains episode.

• She voted Ben out of the group without even understanding what he did, bitch never even directly talked to him and blamed Ben for slowing down her reunion with her corny ass boyfriend

For me it was the opposite. I liked her at first and wanted her to return in the end of season 2. But the more time i play the game, the more i realised what a cold manipulative bitch she was.

• Ehh I never minded Christa. Out of all the characters she's been with Clem the longest (about 2 years) and it seems like she taught Clem pretty good since she's still alive. It's no secret that Christa blamed Clementine for Omids death(where or not that's fair is up to discussion) but she never abandoned Clementine and tried to save her life when she was being threatened in the woods by the bandits in Season 2. Also since she was on the first months of her pregnancy in Season 1 I let some of the bitchy-ness slide I guess. She never did anything that could be unforgivable in my eyes like other characters(Ben, Elenor, Lilly, Kenny if you don't side with him in season 1, Mike, even Rebecca in episode 1).

For me it was the opposite. I liked her at first and wanted her to return in the end of season 2. But the more time i play the game, the more i realised what a cold manipulative bitch she was.

• I never did get why Christa spoke out like she did.

Especially considering in EP5 when Kenny and Lee are arguing that she didn't know what happened before they met, but insisted they can deal with it later.

She voted Ben out of the group without even understanding what he did, bitch never even directly talked to him and blamed Ben for slowing down her reunion with her corny ass boyfriend

• The better question is why do you think people should hate her? What did she do that warrants actual hate? Am I forgetting something? I remember she was kinda' bitchy to Clem at the beginning of Season 2 but that was 10 minutes of the last 20 months or whatever that they were together. Maybe she was having a bad day and the rest of the time she was perfectly sweet with Clem. What I do know is despite Omid getting killed and it partially being Clem's fault, only partially, and Christa being very, very pregnant so going to have her own child to care for, Christa took care of Clem for nearly 2 years then basically sacrificed herself for Clem. What about that warrants hate?

• edited October 2018

Why would you hate her? She's Clementine's longest lasting protector by far. Kept her safe for what, 2 years?

Even after losing her baby she never gave up on keeping her promise to Lee of protecting Clem.

• When caught on the spot, I tend to flounder in thinkin of things, but I think Carver is a character who's supposed huge following back in the day still kinda bugs me.

• edited October 2018

Kate just doesn't shut the fuck up about romance

I know I've said this a lot, but honestly I feel it was THE FANS who wouldn't shut the fuck up about the romance rather than [most of] the characters themselves.

@NOHATCLEM I also tend to like characters that cause a lot of discussion like Lily, Jane, and Kenny (not a big fan of him but he can definitely make people talk).

A small part of me wishes I could agree, but to be honest, certain characters that get talked about a lot tend to cause me fatigue/annoyance after a while.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't understand the love behind Jane and most of the ANF characters, especially David and Kate (Yes, they do have fans). David tried to k

• Pretty sure it was Marlon who did that, with Brody being unable to do anything about it beyond being "lucky" enough to not be taken as well.
    There's more than one reason why people thought those two were a thing.

@Cheddarhead Luke. Blandest character in the series after his original backstory was rewritten and he's a cowardly traitor to boot.

How'd he "betray" the group exactly?

@VengefulKenny is even compared to Lee which is ridiculous.

I think that was mainly just way back in the day when the Season started.
    Still kind of a weird ass comparison to draw, though.

Luke goes along with locking Clem in the shed,

It was either that or let Nick/Rebecca just shoot her.
    He mainly just wanted to be sure before they did anything hasty.

gives Nick a hard time after he lost Pete and is generally just an asshole to Nick,

I never really got this complaint, or at least the magnitude it's given.
    Like, did Luke handle that general thing the best? Not really. But if anything, he was clearly trying to look out for Nick despite the group as a whole being the priority and/or having reservations about his behavior.

he wants to leave Kenny behind

That technically included him as well, as his point was to hammer in just how messed up their chances were since he was specifically arguing about why they shouldn't go that night in the first place.
    He also clarifies that they don't intend to do so if she objects.

@VengefulKenny What was his original backstory?

I'm curious about that as well, as Luke is one of the select few to actually get the intentions of his character still worked it in the end and have them line up with what was established.

@Sebastian 4002 I don't get it, why doesn't more people hate Christa?

Probably because the stuff people wanna hate her for is so minor, harmless, and a little irrelevant compared to the actual good, reasonable intent of character.
    Kinda like her.

@Archielan Lilly is another one I see many people defending to this day. Letting her back in the RV is also insane regardless if you sided with her or not. She killed Carley for no fucking reason. I guess that's more understandable if you saved Doug since in this case Lilly shoots him by accident but I'm pretty sure most people saved Carley anyway so...

I actually feel it's the other way around.

Deathbeam posted: »

Brody because her and Marlon trade the twins.

• edited October 2018

The 18 months thing with Clem is irrelevant, because their bond was never shown in-game, so obviously TT didn't think Clem and Christa were ever close.

Also the timeline is up to interpretive estimation.

Pride posted: »

Why would you hate her? She's Clementine's longest lasting protector by far. Kept her safe for what, 2 years? Even after losing her baby she never gave up on keeping her promise to Lee of protecting Clem.

• I already wrote why I think you should hate her at the top of this thread, so I just gonna copy paste it...

(When they first meet Lee and Clem on the bridge she say "You not her dad he down there?" Even if she's right that's a pretty bad thing to say to a complete stranger.

If Lee asks what they were arguing about on the bride she gets really defensive and basically tells Lee to fuck of. But when you don't immediately tell her about the radio she gets really angry for keeping secrets.(At that point they know each other for about a day). She's also really fast on integrating Clementine and criticise Lee at several different occasions.

She's also clear whit that the only thing shes care about is Omid, and are very demanding that we should help them. Realistically what reason does Lee and Kenny have to give a shit about Omid at that point? Specially when Christa sad so much shit about not sticking around.

I have way more smaller examples but i can't get bored to right it all, and I think you get the point.

I know someone gonna say that she cared for Clementine all that time in Season 2, but that was of screen and I didn't see any love coming from Crista. It felt more like a cold and abusive relationship between them. For me Christa was shot dead in the woods and good riddance.)

And they are so many more examples of her just being an unlikable person, literally every scene she's in shis being a bitch in some way.

I don't care what happened in the 16 month time skip because that was of screen. Also I get a strong feeling that that was an abusive relationship because the way she cats the hole time in season 1.

(Some more examples...)
    If you don't bend over to her and do exactly what she says (if you don't show the bite) she won't help Lee find Clementine proving that she doesn't give a shit about her.

In the attic when Lee say she wants Kenny to look after Clem, she ones again speaks out without knowing shit about the situation and can't just respect Lees final wishes.

In season 2 she asks clementine for help with wat the baby sold be named but if you say Omid is a good name, she ones again can't just accept what Clementine likes and must complain about it. I know that that may not seem like anything but the way she acts in season on prove have abusive she is. Not just to Clem but to Lee and Omid to.

TripleKillionare made a good point, she voted Ben out without knowing shit about what has done.

After the boat gets stolen she asks Lee what he thinks is best and if you don't agree with her she gets weary passive aggressive.

Ones again, there are so many more examples of what a manipulative cold bitch she is. So are they any reason to like her that she shows on screen?

The better question is why do you think people should hate her? What did she do that warrants actual hate? Am I forgetting something? I reme

• When they first meet Lee and Clem on the bridge she say "You not her dad he down there?" Even if she's right that's a pretty bad thing to say to a complete stranger.

I'll admit it was a bit blunt but it's a fair question to ask of strangers. She was trying to get a feel for what kind of people Lee and his people were. Were they good people or were they child raping psychopaths?

Christa and Omid's personal business wasn't anyone else's business. Maybe they are arguing over sex positions or maybe one of them had a "mysterious" STD and they were hashing out the implications of that. If it was private business between them it wasn't anyone else's business. As for the radio, group safety is important and the radio could either contribute to or threaten that safety. That's something worth getting worked up over. I think you mean interrogating, and again, she was finding out what kind of person Lee was. Hershel "interrogated" Clem too, though only a little. Christa's mom instincts may have been kicking in and she wanted to make sure Clem wasn't being mistreated by the random dude (convict) that found her.

Do you really expect she should suddenly care about everyone else she just met more than her husband (were they married?)? As for why Lee or anyone else should give a shit about Omid, he was a good guy, funny, and an extra set of hands to help out. I think the better question is why they wouldn't give a shit. In a world where almost everyone is a walker and a lot of the people left alive were turning into bandits, rapists, murderers, cannibals, finding anyone that is helpful and not trying to murder you or rob you or eat you is a blessing.

I already wrote why I think you should hate her at the top of this thread, so I just gonna copy paste it... (When they first meet Lee and

• edited October 2018

She wasn't asking if he was her dad, she just sad "You are not her dad".

I don't mean that she needs to tell Lee about her personal business thats fine. The problem his how she demands to know everything about Lee and Clem. And the way she acts about the radio doesn't have anything to do with the safety of the group, doesn't matter if you tell her that you didn't want to worry her or that you were going to tell her. she still acts like a bitch.

Yes Hershel did the same thing but we were guests and were staying the night at his farm. He also helped Lee fix his leg, so he had reasons to interrogate Lee about how he got the injury. As for Christa, she wasn't in the plays to do that without coming out like a nosy bitch, especially when she wouldn't tell shit about herself. (I know she said she was from San Francisco but that isn't the point) Can you have mom instincts if your not a mom? (Just asking, don't know)

I didn't say she shouldn't care the most for Omid, But don't bitch about the others not do the same. She said it herself that the only thing she cared about was Omid, I take that as she doesn't give a shit about anything else including Clementine because how she is in the game. Why they wouldn't give a shit? because they don't know him, same way around with Omid to Lee and Kenny. But Lee and Kenny don't demand that they should care.

Can you say one thing that is likeable about her?

When they first meet Lee and Clem on the bridge she say "You not her dad he down there?" Even if she's right that's a pretty bad thing to sa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.