To people who didn't like the ending (SPOILERS)

First of all I wanna say I'm usually pretty skeptical and I'm not a mindless fan who defends the franchise no matter what, in fact I was on this forum, arguing a lot, and there were some episodes that I didn't like, I'm gonna copy paste a reply that I used in an another post because I wanna use that as the basis of my "thesis"

I personally liked the ending, I mean It's probably because I was so pissed when I thought Clem was dead, honestly,I feel like this would have been the cheap ending, the moment Clementine got bit I was like
"CUT OFF HER FRICKING LEG NOW"
I mean sure she may have passed out, but she could have given him instructions before doing so, hell in season one Clementine grabs lee and drags him safely into a garage, so I think AJ would have managed, especially since Clem doesn't seem that heavy.

Honestly I was salty the whole ending until I saw Clem, I actually cried, I almost never cry but I was so ecstatic to see her alive and felt like "yes they fricking cut her leg off jesus"

I'm guessing my emotions got over the logic side of me and I didn't try to figure out how Alvin managed to save Clem. But maybe the other people in the group arrived ? Or Alvin found a way to get rid of the walkers and drag Clementine all the way to school, I mean sure that seems impossible, but adrenaline can do wonders, and honestly, I wouldn't have that much trouble believing it.
And I agree that Clem looked sickly, but honestly she had her leg cut off, and probably suffered from blood loss, and like a certain person someone said in the forum, the amount of time it takes for someone to die from a bite varies from people to people, just like in real life, people don't die at the same time of the same disease, a body may resist better or worse to a disease, but yeah I get that they wanted to make us really emotional so the way this played out was kinda strange, but I think It can still be explained and It's not that far fetched.

I feel like people are never satisfied, if Clementine had died, people would have said it was cheap and too easy, and redundant, and they keep her alive and you are not happy ? I mean you are free to think whatever you want, and I'm sure most of the people are somewhat satisfied of this ending, but I mean I thought it was very good, not perfect, but in my game, Alvin wasn't ready to be left alone uneducated, he needed the wisdom of Clem, in my playthrough Louis died, but I'm not that mad, I mean the alternative is killing Tenn ? That seems kinda horrible, Alvin has been through so much already, he doesn't need to be tougher, I actually think he needs to be softer, learn how to live, not survive, he already knows that.

Although I do agree with what Poogers said to me, they could have made a lot more endings considering this is the end, but I'm guessing they wanted everyone to be satisfied and tried to make an ending that would appeal to more people.

I'm guessing what was weird was the barn scene, I didn't really understand everything, but I guess it left Alvin completely traumatized.
I feel like they should have played this scene at the very ending (when we knew Clem was alive) and maybe make it a little bit deeper, and explore it a little more, because there are a lot of things I didn't understand, like who fought ? Why did they fight ? Why was AJ in there ? I feel like they could have explored that a lot more.

All in all we are so used to shitty endings in TWD I feel like It's a nice change, and It's also hopeful, for me it feels like humanity maybe will finally be able to get back from It's feet, and maybe it might start anew in Ericson's Boarding School

GO ERICSON !

Although I actually am curious, I made this thread cause I want people to tell me why they didn't like this ending.

Comments

• It was not just the ending I did not like, it was the season. The characters, narrative and gameplay were poorly written compared with previous efforts. I do not have time to write an essay, so I gave you a brief overview if anyone has to complain; they know who they are. I do not care if individuals think I am insane for preferring 'A New Frontier' because that game beats every aspect of the final season.

• I liked a new frontier, a lot of people bashed it but I thought it was good, and I do agree this season felt sort of weak, but to me it just seems like It's because Walking Dead has been going on for too long.

It was not just the ending I did not like, it was the season. The characters, narrative and gameplay were poorly written compared with previ

• At least you have a brain cell, so thank you and you are right.

Demonarke posted: »

I liked a new frontier, a lot of people bashed it but I thought it was good, and I do agree this season felt sort of weak, but to me it just seems like It's because Walking Dead has been going on for too long.

• edited March 2019

Jesus freaking Christ dude, please. She already has lost a huge amount of blood before she got to that barn. By looking at her eyes you could tell that she has got a "zombie flu" already and cutting her leg at this point was simply pointless.

Let's say all I wrote above doesn't matter - tell me how exactly a group of kids without any medical skills managed to enter a barn surronded by walkers, cut of her leg, stop the bleeding and then make a residual limb?

This ending is the biggest failure to this amazing series. This ending is even worse than the whole ANF. I don't know who made this idea and who wrote this ending, but this person/people should never ever be hired in any movie/game company. A fucking joke to a great series.

• This ending is even worse than the whole ANF

@iFoRias, @AronDracula and my other haters out there: you have also got to love this guy's perspective, right? xo

MaikelRR_ posted: »

Jesus freaking Christ dude, please. She already has lost a huge amount of blood before she got to that barn. By looking at her eyes you coul

• No one cares about you.

This ending is even worse than the whole ANF @iFoRias, @AronDracula and my other haters out there: you have also got to love this guy's perspective, right? xo

• I don't give a shit. A New Frontier ruined Telltale forever and will always be to blame.

This ending is even worse than the whole ANF @iFoRias, @AronDracula and my other haters out there: you have also got to love this guy's perspective, right? xo

• Why did you respond then? You have the free will to ignore me.

iFoRias posted: »

No one cares about you.

• Nah, just the final season.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't give a shit. A New Frontier ruined Telltale forever and will always be to blame.

• That's what I said, her "zombie flu" probably was because of the fact that she lost a shit ton of blood, and we don't know how long it takes for someone to become a walker, like I said, in real life people don't die from the same diseases around the same time.

As for the kids, they wouldn't need that much medical expertise at first glance, just cut the leg, place a tourniquet and just makes sure she gets safe to the school.
    Afterwards maybe they read a lot of medical books to try to figure out how to stitch the wound or something.

I just don't feel like this ending is that unrealistic, I agree that the plot twist they wanted to do kinda complicate things, but I'm sure it can be logically explained, if Clem had died would you have complained ?

Honestly I'm just happy that I will be able to look back on this franchise and be like "well at least there was hope for Clem and AJ"

Jesus freaking Christ dude, please. She already has lost a huge amount of blood before she got to that barn. By looking at her eyes you coul

• New Frontier is a goddamn 10/10 game in comparasion to Episode 4 of TFS, the most important episode of the series turned out to be a complete shit.

I don't give a shit. A New Frontier ruined Telltale forever and will always be to blame.

• So you forgive the asshole who said "Episode 1 was split in 2 parts for being too big" but not the game that at least tried to fix everything that was wrong with A New Frontier? It's not even Season 3. ANF is in fact the Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness of the Telltale games. TFS would have been much better if ANF wasn't shit.

Nah, just the final season.

• Everyone has their own opinion, you can't call someone stupid for liking or not liking something, if people didn't like New frontier, then so be it, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't fantastic.

I mean I personally think playing as Clementine to begin with wasn't a great idea, but I rolled with it.

Nah, just the final season.

• High five to you!

New Frontier is a goddamn 10/10 game in comparasion to Episode 4 of TFS, the most important episode of the series turned out to be a complete shit.

• It has flaws yes but never as bad as A New Frontier. Did you forget that ANF is the main reasons most of the staff started walking away from the company?

New Frontier is a goddamn 10/10 game in comparasion to Episode 4 of TFS, the most important episode of the series turned out to be a complete shit.

• I am more upset with the way they handled my Queen.

So you forgive the asshole who said "Episode 1 was split in 2 parts for being too big" but not the game that at least tried to fix everythin

• Jesus Christ. You just like this ending cause she made it alive and you look for silly arguments to believe that it really was realistic. It was the worst fucking ending to this awesome series. If they really wanted to keep her alive then they could just not do this shit at all.

This episode is the worst episode in the history of this series and all ANF episodes are at least 10x times better than this crap. If I fucking knew that they would make this shit as the finale of something that I've played for years then I would freaking pray for this game to never be saved so it would end on Episode 2.

A disgrace to the whole The Walking Dead world.

That's what I said, her "zombie flu" probably was because of the fact that she lost a shit ton of blood, and we don't know how long it takes

• Oh, I know that, but I get scrutinised for praising 'A New Frontier' with comments such as 'no one cares about you'. This is not a nice community sometimes.

Everyone has their own opinion, you can't call someone stupid for liking or not liking something, if people didn't like New frontier, then s

• TFS did have flaws, no doubts about it. I even think the ending was underwhelming. Season 2 Kenny Ending is still the best and it's canon ending in my eyes.

I am more upset with the way they handled my Queen.

• This game was bad, but TFS Episode 4 is a fucking disgrace to this series. It doesn't have "few flaws". It is supposed to be a fucking final of a great freaking series and not only it turns out to be a 3/10 episode overall, but it also provides us one of the biggest bullshits in the history of story games.

Dude, even the first Mass Effect 3 ending in which we could just choose the color of the explosion was a fucking wonder when I look at this.

It has flaws yes but never as bad as A New Frontier. Did you forget that ANF is the main reasons most of the staff started walking away from the company?

• The simple fact is Clem would have undoubtedly bleed out, no questions asked. She needs a surgeon, period. AJ cut through major arteries. The best they could have had to stop the bleeding is a homemade tourniquet, that a 6 year old would have made and applied to her leg. In real life even CAT tourniquets can be unreliable sometimes, a homemade tourniquet for a injury like Clem's wouldn't have worked. She shouldn't have gotten bitten.

• Yes I was happy that she ended up alive, but now I'm actually trying to find arguments to support the claim that "It's not illogicial" so prove me wrong, I mean you just said what I told you was silly so prove me.

The thing is they didn't show us what happened, so a lot of things could have happened, and her survival included, you can't say the way she survived was stupid because we didn't really see how.

Jesus Christ. You just like this ending cause she made it alive and you look for silly arguments to believe that it really was realistic. It

• Right and look at they way he was treated in the final season. You are right: game of the year.

TFS did have flaws, no doubts about it. I even think the ending was underwhelming. Season 2 Kenny Ending is still the best and it's canon ending in my eyes.

• I understand. And I'd say Clementine's story ended with leaving with Kenny in Season 2 because it was much better than TFS.

This game was bad, but TFS Episode 4 is a fucking disgrace to this series. It doesn't have "few flaws". It is supposed to be a fucking final

• I agree they shouldn't have got her bit in the first place, but honestly I was too emotional when I played and the fact that she was alive kinda made the ending for me, I was ecstatic.

The more I comment the more I start to see that the other party may be right xD

MosesARose posted: »

The simple fact is Clem would have undoubtedly bleed out, no questions asked. She needs a surgeon, period. AJ cut through major arteries. Th

• She is a freaking 16 years old girl that was on a ship that got boomed, then she had to run and got her leg badly hurt, she was bleeding out so freaking much because that wound was huge as hell, she got bitten and now you want to tell me that AJ managed to escape, get the people, come back here, kill this whole herd with few kids, cut her leg and save her?

Is it Disney's game for god's sake???

Yes I was happy that she ended up alive, but now I'm actually trying to find arguments to support the claim that "It's not illogicial" so pr

• Dude, will you stop screwing around? I never considered TFS to be a masterpiece.

Right and look at they way he was treated in the final season. You are right: game of the year.

• Then stop making me out to be a bad person for my opinion on 'A New Frontier'. Now you know what it feels like.

Dude, will you stop screwing around? I never considered TFS to be a masterpiece.

• ANF for me was a bad game in terms of story and generally everything, but it didn't provide us such fucking bullshit as TFS' finale. That's all I'm saying. We can like this story or not, but seeing this fucking shit today - nothing absolutely excuses the people that wrote this crap.

I understand. And I'd say Clementine's story ended with leaving with Kenny in Season 2 because it was much better than TFS.

• He could have cut her leg, saved her, then went for help, or maybe he killed the walkers all by himself, from a strategic place or whatever, he could have also dragged her all by himself, Clem isn't that heavy and adrenaline can do wonders like I said.

But yeah the more I comment the more I realise that the ending is flawed, and defending it is not easy, I'm guessing they really wanted to make a plot twist ending and they wanted us to be glad that Clem survived.

But to be honest I dunno how they could have made a good ending (Obviously there was a way) I mean Twd has run It's course, It's pretty hard to run an interesting scenario, I mean I'm bored with the zombie genre personally, I think it just isn't that interesting anymore, but probably also cause the zombies are so goddamn slow, I mean in world war Z that was scary, the zombie were fast as f...

I'm just happy Clem is alive, and it was very emotional for me so I'm kinda forgiving, like I said I'm just glad to be able to look back on the game in the future and be like "there is hope for Clem and AJ"

They could have made a more logical ending, but then maybe it would have been boring ?
    The fact that they wanted to make the "plot twist" probably shows that they didn't really have a good scenario for the ending anyway, I mean the threat was neutralised, no "villains" so yeah they had to find something.

She is a freaking 16 years old girl that was on a ship that got boomed, then she had to run and got her leg badly hurt, she was bleeding out

• Well this thread went to shit lmao

Personally for me its because after a really strong episode 1, the plot falls short. It becomes an us vs them story which they've done god damn 3 times now. It doenst help the main antagonist is Lilly and they waste the opportunity of using a returning character. They barely use anything pass related and they made her comically evil. Then she either dies or fucks off on a raft lmao

The antagonist for me was the biggest. They are so poorly written. The constant conflicting goals and actions, how comically evil they act, just everything. If the main source of conflict in the season isnt well done, it brings the whole story down. Then ep 4 had a ton of pacing problems and lacked an identity, it was just all over. This might be the most linear Telltale experience we have ever gotten as well, choices barely felt like they mattered at all. Then the whole fake out ending and then the only 1 ending just made it feel not satisfying. It didnt even feel like I worked to get that happy ending, but I got it anyway.

• So in other words: play the game with '...' or 'do nothing' to get the same outcome.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well this thread went to shit lmao Personally for me its because after a really strong episode 1, the plot falls short. It becomes an us

• Oh yeah, keep telling it to yourself.

He could have cut her leg, saved her, then went for help, or maybe he killed the walkers all by himself, from a strategic place or whatever,

• Did you even read what I wrote ?

Oh yeah, keep telling it to yourself.

• "Then she either dies or fucks off on a raft lmao"

Dude, she's obviously running off to recruit Hook Hand Javi!

Poogers555 posted: »

Well this thread went to shit lmao Personally for me its because after a really strong episode 1, the plot falls short. It becomes an us

• Sums up my feelings about it pretty well. Incompetent writers.

• People just wanted Clementine determinate .

• Honestly i was surprised when clem lived and the game just went into a happy go lucky ending.

• To all the people who did not like the ending: suck my ass because you are no good or better than anyone else. :lol:

• edited March 2019

Lol why do people keep thinking it’s fact that Clementine lives that everybody is getting crabby about. It’s the fact that no matter what, she lives and even then how she managed to survive is bullshit lol. Literally nothing from what you do in the previous season matters with the fate of Clementine or even AJ. 1. How is a 6 year old able to carry a 16 or 17 year old not to mention they were literally surrounded by walkers. 2. That whole theory that “It takes a little longer to get infected than others” is the biggest horseshit I’ve ever read. I don’t care WHO you are, whether you’re the most healthy person ever. The infection should still take the same amount of time to kill you and even then if that’s the case shouldn’t Clementine have died sooner then? Considering her body is more under developed than Lee’s? Lee is full developed adult and Clementine is only a teenager so she’s not fully developed lol. I could go on and on about the flaws of this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.