The Community's Goodbye Letters -- Telltale's Closure [2018]

edited August 2019 in General Chat

Just making this so I can properly archive and link all these things in one easy-accessible place.

When Telltale closed, people were in shock. People were in denial. We thought it would be the end. We thought our days were numbered.
These are the comments people wrote to each other just in case it was the last time they'd ever see each other again..

AChicken's Letter

AronDracula's Letter

InKennyWeTrust's Letter

Melton23's Letter

Findagon's Letter

DylanWoods777's Letter

Dan7Bip5's Letter

JMaster's Letter

Ghetsis' Letter

Acheive250's Letter

Cocoa2736's Letter

MetallicaRules' Letter

bruzdaa's Letter

ClemyClooAndBabyboo's Letter

hemfbg's Letter

Zombiekiller3121's Letter

NostalgicMemories' Letter

Comments

• edited March 2022

ill just plop this here because this was basically my goodbye thing

• Ah, I knew I forgot this thing...

Poogers555 posted: »

ill just plop this here because this was basically my goodbye thing

• Thank you, Chicken (I never thought I would say those words one day)

It already feels sad that a few of these people haven't been active on the forums in the past few months. @Cocoa2736 and @Acheive250 have been gone for a while.

• Damn, makes me sad that some of these guys aren't even on here anymore.

• I'm still having a hard time with telltale shutting down.

• I haven't made one because i hate Goodbyes.
    I don't know if i'll ever make one because it's not my style but i will say that this is the best forums/community i've ever been into and i kinda regret not making an account back in the golden days (i've been lurking on these forums for years just never made an account until 2017) because i've met some really cool people here and still talk to some of them on discord.

And while i'm talking about it,going on discord gave me the opportunity to join Dlb's server (thanks to my boi @OfficialMonkey) and also meet all kinds of crazy people,telltale "veterans" people who were on the forums back in the S2/TWAU days,and it's also more or less still active so that's cool. I also want to give a shoutout to the telltale's server or should i say the "Story Based Games Community" because that's their new name now.

Anyway,i've met some great people here and on discord so i just wanted to say thank you guys @Poogers555 @OfficialMonkey @AChicken @Pipas @Zombiekiller3121 @DylanWoods777 @Ghetsis @Cocoa2736 @AronDracula @4k60fpsHDR @Plan_R @Kennyshouladiedins1 @Wiso2kinfinity @lupinb0y @Veeeee @MetallicaRules @Megami_Kizukanai @MegaXD @Chibikid @Fangirl101 @Green613 @Louche @Divided_We_Fall @SargeantMario101 @SolidStryder @MaxTheFax @Feedingfrenzy91 @GSSalvador @DabigRG @Thebatman377 @prink34320 @CarverDidNothingWrong @bruzdaa @ClemyClooAndBabyboo @Kenny_The_Almighty @Dont_Look_Back @Lilacsbloom @WarpSpeed @captainivy1 @MRSHYGUY45 @AnimalBoy @RavenSnowstorm @fallandir @Davissons @Ekelund21 @bloop @hersani and also the mods you guys are awesome too @InGen_Nate_Kenny @Deltino @OzzyUK @Blind @dojo32161
    Some of you i barely interacted with,some not at all but i read your posts,i also probably forgot to tag some other people so i apologize for that but you get the point,i know i can be an ass but i've enjoyed meeting y'all and all the discussions we had on this forum.
    And i'll stay here to the very end until these forums gets shut down¯_(ツ)_/

• Big oof ?

(P.s when I googled for that image, I found some breast cancer photos or smthn...just thought that’d be something you guys wouldn’t be interested in. Help me pls. I’m serious.)

• I'm still not sure I can make one.

• What happened to Plan_R anyway?

iFoRias posted: »

I haven't made one because i hate Goodbyes. I don't know if i'll ever make one because it's not my style but i will say that this is the be

• I really appreciate the time I spent here even though it was only 2016-2017, was fun, and thanks for mentioning me. Here, a little memory from the ANF days.

I haven't made one because i hate Goodbyes. I don't know if i'll ever make one because it's not my style but i will say that this is the be

• [PTSD intensifies]

Ekelund21 posted: »

I really appreciate the time I spent here even though it was only 2016-2017, was fun, and thanks for mentioning me. Here, a little memory from the ANF days.

• I don't know he got banned one day for something and i guess never bothered to come back. It's a shame he was pretty cool.

Ghetsis posted: »

What happened to Plan_R anyway?

• I liked his avatar lol. Cool guy.

I don't know he got banned one day for something and i guess never bothered to come back. It's a shame he was pretty cool.

• Im relatively unknown but would like to say thanks for all the good memories and discussion and times we all had and the memes.

Enjoyed meeting and interacting with all of you. Gud luk in your future endeavours

• That last part feels like a formal statement by WWE for its released talent.

Dan10 posted: »

Im relatively unknown but would like to say thanks for all the good memories and discussion and times we all had and the memes. Enjoyed meeting and interacting with all of you. Gud luk in your future endeavours

• ??
    Perhaps it was on purpose.

Chibikid posted: »

That last part feels like a formal statement by WWE for its released talent.

• https://telltale.com/community/discussion/123028/my-last-post-on-the-forums-but-ill-be-around#latest

Here's my little goodbye note. Today was actually one of those days of the month where I randomly checked the forums. Glad I saw this post.

• luv u bruh

• God I’m going to miss everyone of you guys.

• edited April 2019

Thanks man.

May God bless you and your friends and family.

• I still love the Bossman just watching from the counter.

Ekelund21 posted: »

I really appreciate the time I spent here even though it was only 2016-2017, was fun, and thanks for mentioning me. Here, a little memory from the ANF days.

• edited April 2019

Awwwww thank you so much for putting me here. I can't belive I wrote this goodbye letter more than half a year ago. Time flies so freaking fast. Now, when the end has actually come, I made peace with it.

Also it's funny how I wrote "im gonna cry like a bitch on ep4" but I didn't, lmao.

• Haven't been to active these past couple of months, which is really weird considering I spent so much time here Before 9/21.

This forum is by far the best forum I have been a part off. I feel like we were the perfect amount of people to the point where we recognised almost everyone. It's a beauty in that.

Now, this forum may only have another 3 months before it shuts down, so I am defintely going to take my chance and visit more often for as long as I can. After all, Telltale has been a part of my Life for a decade now and this forum too, to an extent. I remember clear as day when my father pre-ordered Tales of Monkey Island and got access to the super-secret part of the forums. :p Honestly, I didn't really realise until last week when TFS wrapped up that this is it. The end for Telltale. And it's really sad. It's especially sad to see how this forum has lost so much activity to the Point where even new forums were created.

I would tag everyone Forias tagged, but I have learnt through discord that people don't enjoy tags very much. :D Truly though, thank you to everyone who has participated on this forum and made this such a great place. Extra shout-out to my boys over at the game of thrones section. @LiquidChicagoTed Thank you for making SUCH an Amazing story which I enjoy to this day (even though I don't comment as much), and also just for being a great guy (even though you sometimes take quite some time before responding to PMs ;) ). Another thanks to the rest of the people Writing stories. @WildlingKing @Stigz_52 @AgentZ46 @FluidStickyBen I'm probably forgetting loads of people who came and Went throughout the years. @InGen_Nate_Kenny too for adding great insight and comments to FoT.

But really, thanks to everyone. I've had such a good time on this forum, and it's all thanks to y'all.

To end this off, I'm gonna drop an irish song so I'll please @Craixite .

• Thank you for allowing me to juice up this community the last few months; it has been fun and humorous.

Rock on, my freaks! ? xo

• JuIcE iS wHaT gOeS iNtO yOuR ?️OuTh, StUpId HeAd

Thank you for allowing me to juice up this community the last few months; it has been fun and humorous. Rock on, my freaks! ? xo

• This ignorance will never be forgotten. Thank you for being you. xo

Melton23 posted: »

JuIcE iS wHaT gOeS iNtO yOuR ?️OuTh, StUpId HeAd

• Hey, @MetallicaRules I didn't know you mentioned me in your letter. Thank you dude! I'll miss you too. Along with everyone else here. You all had an impact on me. It was nice to connect with you all here and see how smart, funny, and diverse we Telltale fans are. I'll certainly cherish the memories. But I won't really be gone after this forum goes down. I'll still be on YouTube, making parodies, and on Reddit, occasionally commenting in Telltale Games' communities. I'll say goodbye too, but if anyone decides to pay a visit, you know where to find me.

• Appreciate the kind words. :)
    I myself haven't been very active as I fell behind on Guardians of the Galaxy as well as the Walking Dead. Didn't have much to talk about while avoiding spoilers. Love you guys, btw!

captainivy1 posted: »

Haven't been to active these past couple of months, which is really weird considering I spent so much time here Before 9/21. This forum i

• I’m honored to have made your list!

• edited May 2019

Oh right, I just realized I haven't written a goodbye letter, have I? I swear I was planning to, but I'm not really good at writing long comments/letters/whatever in general, so for me to write something like that requires an insane amount of energy (hence most of my comments on this site are usually just a few sentences). I was postponing it indefinitely, then The Final Season got saved and at that time it'd be kinda weird to write something like that, so I never got around to it. But since you made a thread about it (and there are reports that the site may cease to exist soon), might as well try to stitch something together.

ᵇᵗʷ ᵗᵒᵗᵃˡˡʸ ᵈᶦᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵈᵒ ᶦᵗ ᵃᵍᵃᶦⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈᵉᶠᶦⁿᶦᵗᵉˡʸ ᵈᶦᵈⁿ'ᵗ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ʷʳᶦᵗᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᶠᵉʷ ʷᵉᵉᵏˢ ᵃᵍᵒ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵗᵒ ˡᵉᵃᵛᵉ ᶦᵗ ᶦⁿ ᵈʳᵃᶠᵗˢ ᶦⁿᵈᵉᶠᶦⁿᶦᵗᵉˡʸ ᵗᵉˡˡᶦⁿᵍ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶦ'ˡˡ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵗᵒ ᶦᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵃʰᵃʰᵃ

Appearently, I've been a member of these forums since July 2013, which is quite a long time if I do say so myself. I've been part of many online communities, but never stuck around for long. However, Telltale forums, that was something special.

Originally, I joined so I'd be able to vote in the thread polls. (Does anyone remember the old design?) That was pretty much the sole reason, I wasn't planning to comment much. Sure, I left a post here and there, but nothing too long or frequent. I became more active with the rise of the TWD interactive fanfics. I remember it got out of hand and the whole TWD section got flooded with them, so mods had to move them to Forum Games. During that, I'm pretty sure I was participating in at least 75% of them. Good times. Looking back, some of them were pretty badly written, lel. Still, if it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't be so much around, so I have a lot to thank the authors for them. Shootout to my favourite fic authors: @LiquidChicagoTed, @Domingez, @InKennyWeTrust, @imighthavebrokenit, @TWD_25 (still sad about that sudden cancellation :(), @Courtenay and @SuperChocoLatte.

This post wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention the TFTB days. While I enjoyed my time during the TWAU days, TFTB was the golden era for me. I might have said it several times already in previous coments, but that was without a doubt the best time I had on the forums. During that time even the long waits were not boring, there was always something to talk about or play games with fellow forummates. The highlight was probably when Erin Yvette joined us during one of the Team Fortress 2 matches. Yes, it was a clusterfuck with so many people wanting to join as well, but I had fun. And sure, the shipping debates got a bit heated sometimes, but overall it was a great experience.

Now I'm going to give a bit of a special treatment to my Rhysha mates, who I chat with on Discord (mostly) daily, and give them a shootout in bold, because I love them all too much. Even though none of them are active on forums atm, but whatever.

@IRunts, @armis37, @CraazyCake, @c0ntinue-testing, @Ctarl-Ctarl Empire, @NoUsername and @DictatorAsylum. Honorable mention to @Intellectual_Poultry, because even though I haven't seen him a while, I still love that chicken.

Other notable events/threads I failed to mention were the upvote revolution, that hurt/heal TWD game (and crowbar revolution to vote off Carver), the hottest TWAU character competition (I member that guy who tried to rig it and created 10 separate accounts to vote), the Winter Wolf DLC tease, the ANF memes, the Frank avatar epidemic and much more. Trying to list them all would require a comment much longer than this and I really don't have energy for that anymore, so I better cut it short now now.

Now, I wasn't planning to tag people in this post. However, I found it appropriate to tag at least some people, but then I realized that more people deserve to be tagged and then the list grew and bleh. So whoopsie, I gave myself extra work. Anyway, here are the people who weren't mentioned yet with whom I enjoyed interacting or whose comments I found interesting. Before that however, I have to give special shootout to @Poogers555 for the years of entertainment he provided us with his glorious memes. It's a shame he never got the socks. :(

Here goes (in no particular order):
    @AChicken, @freelancepolicefan11, @lupinb0y, @iFoRias, @SzymeG, @MetallicaRules, @UnicornsFTW, @Toffe, @GrumpyDof, @InGen_Nate_Kenny, @GuiltyKingOumaShu, @LoseMyHome, @Green613, @nohuhhuh, @CrazedRabbit, @Wolfenus54, @lottii-lu, @BigBadPaul, @ABigBadWolf, @HandsomeJack, @bigdogg0821, @Crips, @Duck_Hunt, @ReggiesLeftArm, @Ekelund21, @captainivy1, @BruceBrothers, @Kaelthas, @Joe_Momma, @bruzdaa, @Davissons, @javoris767, @AgentZ46, @AronDracula, @Cocoa2736, @OfficialMonkey, @IronWoodLover, @4k60fpsHDR, @Chibikid, @Megami_Kizukanai, @Lilacsbloom, @JamesDalton1995, @CarverDidNothingWrong, @Divided_We_Fall, @SergeantSnookie, @Lingvort, @ClemyClooAndBabyboo, @AnimalBoy, @Kennyshouladiedins1, @SirScrubbington, @J-Master, @Acheive250, @WeMissYouCarley, @BetterToSleep, @Deltino, @Blind Sniper, @dojo32161, @OzzyUK and yes, even @DabigRG, you're an alright dude.

I'm pretty sure I forgot someone, so I might edit it later. But even if you're not listed, you were still part of the community which made this place so special.

With that said, I immensely enjoyed waiting for the new episodes with y'all, reading all the discussion and theories about future releases and witnessing funny (and unfunny) memes. I'm really going to miss this place. It was a wonderful ride.

PS: Feel free to hit me up on Discord - Pipas#7441

• Its been wild my man. Let the memory of the socks live on.

Pipas posted: »

Oh right, I just realized I haven't written a goodbye letter, have I? I swear I was planning to, but I'm not really good at writing long com

• edited May 2019

I love you pipas ?

Pipas posted: »

Oh right, I just realized I haven't written a goodbye letter, have I? I swear I was planning to, but I'm not really good at writing long com

• edited May 2019

I'm drunk rn and so I thought I'd be big sad mood and make a goodbye letter. Sorry for any mistakes.

I joined this forum bc the rhyiona thread and while I no longer ship it to an extent (sorry fellow rhyionas forgive me :( ) I dont regret it. While I will admit, this site had its problems I always enjoyed it.

@iFoRias @BetterToSleep anyone else who I already talk to. I already talk to you on discord. So you dont get a goodbye letter unless I decide to leave Rachel's server.

@Pipas @Poogers555 @Green613 GET ON DISCORD AND TALK IN OUR SERVER NOW Also I lov you and if you decided not to then I still miss you.

I'm pretty sure I have most people on the forums on my discord but just incase I don't here you go:

Anyways anyone else who I've interacted slightly with I'll miss you even if it was an argument when I was 14/15 ?? goodbye.

• edited May 2019

Well boys, we only have 2 days until we (probably) can never log in again. I just want to say that I'm glad I've met you all and it's been a great ride.

I still moderate on the Telltale Community Discord (Story Based Games Community now)
    I'm not very active since I'm not into video games anymore. (I've only played 2 games since September, I lost my love for them.) Regardless you can still catch me here. Almost all the forum people are on Discord so It's the best place to migrate to.
    https://discord.gg/uu9MhmM

Here are some people I want to thank since this is my last comment ever here it feels fitting. There are a lot more of you but honestly, I can't remember most off the top of my head since I've talked to around a thousand of you.

@Craixite @Blind Sniper @captainivy1 @BetterToSleep @iFoRias @AChicken @dojo32161 @Deltino @Pipas @InfernoKun @Luciann10 @Poogers555 @InGen_Nate_Kenny @paxlux @Sheol-

I forgot these guys forum accounts but them too: Uglybinch, Thirium, and all the Telltale alumni I dm from time to time.

I wish you all the best. Catch a ride.

• tomorrow the forums will definitely shut down. 100%.

• Can someone give me the source of the site shutting down? I'm not 100% convinced yet.

• So I guess I'll hop in on the goodbye stuff.

These forums have somehow been a pretty large part of my life for almost 5 years now. I honestly don't even know how that even happened, I never really thought I would spend so much time on a website like this but I guess I have. Its funny how after The Final Season ended and knowing Telltale is gone I seemed fine with it, but the forums shutting down is what actually gets to me. I almost feel like that near the end, the most enjoyment I actually got out of playing Telltale games was being able to discuss them here and making memes that everyone seems to really like.

I do really love everyone in this community, even if you see me disagreeing with you a lot. Its honestly crazy after being here for so long seeing certain names drop off as the years go on, and then see others who I've seen throughout it all.

But I guess this is the end of it all. Seems like the chances of this place not dying tomorrow is practically 0% so I'm really going to miss it. (Unless this is part 2 of the goodbyes and then no one actual left, but lets be real, this will probably be shut down.) I hope this place is archived in someway at least. My memories of here are still pretty fond even through the worst of times, because we were all here still. And for that I hope it won't all be deleted. Too many memories, and I would love to come back years later and just look through all these old threads just to remember the time we had here. (I mean cmon Rhyiona and Rhysha threads are legendary, imagine all that being thrown away?)

But I guess that's it. This is going to be my last post here, which feels weird. And damn man only made it to 79,342 likes SMH, we almost had em. I'll most likely make a youtube video for things I enjoy and make a quick meme, so I wont be 100% gone, but I doubt it'll be frequent. Think of it as a birthday present each time I post something.

That's all from me guys. I wont tag a bunch of people as I don't want to forget anyone or anything like that, but you all know who you are. Gonna miss ya bois. Anyway, goodbye everyone, thank you so much for the experience I found here. With this said, here is my final meme. Enjoy.

• edited May 2019

Well, I guess it's time for me to say goodbye since this is (probably) going to be the last time I access this site. This was the ONLY gaming forum I spent so many times navigating through. Telltale Games changed my life forever with their masterpiece which is The Walking Dead. I never even heard of that franchise until they popularized it in 2012. I wasn't even much of a gamer before, even though I had a PS2, a PS3 and a PC, and The Walking Dead convinced me how much fun I can have playing video games. The Walking Dead surprised me with its compelling story-telling, memorable characters and ambitious gameplay. Because of that game, I started playing their future titles like The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones etc. until The Walking Dead A New Frontier, which ruined absolutely everything.

The whole Telltale Games studio coming to a closure was one of the most shocking moments I've ever had with in my life, coming from someone gave up on them after ANF. I never thought we would have another beloved studio walk away anytime soon, just after EA shutting down Visceral Games. Everyone was devastating that the chance for Wolf Season 2 went down to zero very fast(Could have been an easy replacement for both Guardians and Minecraft). And everyone thought Clementine's story will never have a conclusion, sharing the same fate with Half Life 2.

Thankfully, Skybound Games stepped on and volunteered itself to rehire the entire team to finish the whole season. They deserve a lot of respect. However, the last episodes were very divisive. People love it because it gave Clementine a conclusion and they hate it because the writing wasn't as good as the first 2 episodes. Regardless of that, it was still better than never finishing it. At least Clementine gets a happy ending and not a recycled one from Season 1.

I'm still not happy that everything is going to disappear. I loved navigating through this whole forum, sharing our opinions, theories, fanarts and memes and it's the only good community site I've found on the internet, I'm surprised no one took inspiration from this. Everyone here had their own ups and downs, but I still had fun talking about all this stuff. I want to say thank you and goodbye to: @MetallicaRules, @Poogers555, @AChicken, @Melton23, @lupinb0y, @DabigRG, @OfficialMonkey, @Pipas, @Deltino, @iFoRias, @InGen_Nate_Kenny and more that I should mention but I don't have enough time (That doesn't mean I don't care about you because regardless the different opinions, you all deserve a shoutout).

I also want to mention @mostlypoptarts who was the best community manager I've ever talked to. We never heard from her since the studio was closed but she was the best Telltale employee we had in this forum. I hope you found a better place for work.

Also also, I want to thank the moderators and the ones that I didn't mention for keeping this site as civil as possible. Thank you for your support and good luck with your new life.

This is going to be my last comment in this forum (With it, I have 12760 comments total posted in this forum), so.... I will never forget about this whole journey. Especially the Tales from the Borderlands, where I spent a lot of time having fun with Rhysha train ship. It will always be my favorite.

Farewell, Telltale Community. May you find your worth in the waking world (Bloodborne reference).

Aron Dracula (2015-2019)

• Because tomorrow might be the last breath of this forum, I'd like to post my final words as well. I might've been not the most active user here, I didn't discuss about things much as the others (hell, most of my post are memes and shitposts...) and even though I've been an actual part of this forum for only 2 years, it still makes me sad that I'll never visit this place ever again. That I'll never be able to see all those amazing and thoughtful discussions, laugh at those glorious memes, being confused about stuff that DabigRG posted, all those thing will be gone forever.

This has been an amazing journey. You guys made me feel like human again. Even in the shittiest times I'd always found a relief in this place. This site and all those people here always made me feel better and put a smile on my face. I wish that I had joined this forum earlier so I would spend more time with you all. I doubt that there's gonna be another place like this. Ever.

So, yeah. This is my last post here. Once again thank you so much for accepting me as a member of this forum and I want to wish you all good fortune and I hope that someday we will hear of eachother again. I wish there was an option here to tag everyone because this is a message for all of you. I love you guys.

• I’m humbled by the mention. I’m gonna miss this place and all you guys if this place is actually going under ?

AronDracula posted: »

Well, I guess it's time for me to say goodbye since this is (probably) going to be the last time I access this site. This was the ONLY gami

Sign in to comment in this discussion.