Behind The Scenes Look at TWAU2 and More, Hosted by Geoff Keighley February 9th at 10 AM PT

Comments

• Gentlemen. I failed Bingo pretty badly.

• The score gave me goosebumps. I still listen to the first game's OST from time to time. I can't wait!

• Licensed music can technically be check off too, right?

Poogers555 posted: »

Gentlemen. I failed Bingo pretty badly.

• I still remember playing the first one when it came out, can't believe were that close to it being 10 years since it came out

Also knowing its a 2023 release. What if it actuallycomes out on the 10 year anniversary?

• We definitely anticipated they were much further along than they are right now.

Oh well. Maybe during the next reveal stream. E3 perhaps? Maybe Gamescom during the summer? God forbid we wait until Game Awards 2022?

Gentlemen. I failed Bingo pretty badly.

• Honestly I do think she will appear. Maybe this new detective worked with Brangan and she is only getting involved because something happened to her. (Maybe she ends up getting in trouble, or killed, or missing or hell maybe the memory spell actually fucked her up permanently)

Pipas posted: »

While I'm glad that they seem to be revisiting the cut storyline, part of me is disappointed that they haven't used Brannigan again. Anyway, trailer was sexy.

• Also I feel this is actually going to be like the start of Wolf 2. Like how we started fighting the Woodsman, we probably start here doing some sort of case which leads to the fight and I bet we end up cutting in between the fight and the group therapy scene.

Also apparently that is 100% Dorothy who is actually in the Cinderella Fables spin-off as an assassin. Looks pretty much exactly the same as how she looks in the comics. Not sure if that means Cindy will appear.

• What I wanna know is... where's the lion?

Those tin man and scarecrow designs are pretty sweet tho.

Also I feel this is actually going to be like the start of Wolf 2. Like how we started fighting the Woodsman, we probably start here doing s

• Oh God this is glorious. Just watched the whole reveal (damn work getting in the way) and I'm blown away by everything I heard and saw. It's the same style and captures the original feel, the music and action are great, and the story seems interesting. The 2023 is disappointing, but I'll manage until then. Gives me plenty of time to replay the original.

Jacol posted: »

That key art is sick

• yall notice it's an epic games exclusive right I mean idc but that's pretty funny haha

• So I found the song. It actually is from the late 2000s, so I wonder if we can expect licensed tracks to be more so 80s inspired rather than actual 80s songs.

• I honestly did not believe this day would come and it actually looks promising.

And Adam Fucking Harrington is back!

Now we have to wait another year.

• Also, side note, this is the first I'm hearing of the Fables comic coming back with issue 151. I tried reading the Fables comics, but honestly, I couldn't get into them, and it seems later issues go in some really weird directions. Plus, it seems like Bill Willingham is kind of an asshole, or doesn't seem to like the video game all that much.

• The fact Willingham said Wolf isnt canon but they still out here give the shutouts and staying canon anyway- oh but reminder Bigby vs Batman is canon to Fables but Wolf would just fuck up the lore you know?

Also, side note, this is the first I'm hearing of the Fables comic coming back with issue 151. I tried reading the Fables comics, but honest

• edited February 2022

At least it's going to come out in the same year with Spider-Man 2. Both my most anticipated comic book games of that year.

Oh God this is glorious. Just watched the whole reveal (damn work getting in the way) and I'm blown away by everything I heard and saw. It's

• Given Telltale 1.0's propensity for rewrites, I get the impression that Telltale 1.0 was making too many last minute changes for Bill Willingham to be comfortable with for a comic-canonical storyline.

Very early into Wolf Season 1 marketing, Bill said he very much approved of Wolf's story... but, well, we all know how Telltale 1.0's upper management loved their last minute rewrites.

Also, side note, this is the first I'm hearing of the Fables comic coming back with issue 151. I tried reading the Fables comics, but honest

• Home page has been updated to now have Wolf 2 and Expanse in a more accessible way.

So Wolf 2 in 2023, I'm guessing Expanse may be 2024? I can imagine Deck 9 simply being larger means it will probably have a bit faster production if it will be the same scale.

• I kinda feel the same tho we're probably a minority, first few volumes were decent but then it drops the crime noir theme in favor of more generic fantasy drama

• Can we get an F for Brannigan?

• I think the majority have this opinion to be honest, at least for those who started reading fables after playing Wolf. First few issues are super good and are obviously what Wolf 1 took as inspiration. Later issues are honestly no other way to put it- kinda bad. Writing really takes a nose dive with some really, really weird character beats and awkward storylines.

Jacol posted: »

I kinda feel the same tho we're probably a minority, first few volumes were decent but then it drops the crime noir theme in favor of more generic fantasy drama

• Also, I am in love with how strong the direction looks. The cinematography and the pacing just from this short scene is frankly incredible looking.

• Kind of the same situation with the Witcher writer who was completely jealous of the success of CD Project's Witcher franchise.

The fact Willingham said Wolf isnt canon but they still out here give the shutouts and staying canon anyway- oh but reminder Bigby vs Batman is canon to Fables but Wolf would just fuck up the lore you know?

• edited February 2022

No one else will say it, so: Fuck Bill Willingham. I didn’t want to assume the worst about the rumors that he was salty over not being brought back to “help” with TWAU2, but it’s really telling that he hasn’t liked, retweeted or said anything about it over the last few days.

The fact Willingham said Wolf isnt canon but they still out here give the shutouts and staying canon anyway- oh but reminder Bigby vs Batman is canon to Fables but Wolf would just fuck up the lore you know?

• What The Wolf Among Us 2 needs to contend for Game of The Year at The Game Awards 2023

An Easter Egg of this piece of art

• I wouldn't want to be that judgmental but it does come off as a bit disappointing for him to deem it noncanon. I am sure he will probably support it, in fact we will probably see him say so later today, but it just seems a bit mean to say it isnt canon as these guys are still committed to staying canon. Plus the fact if we are being honest I dont think its a coincidence Fables is coming back the same time as Wolf 2, Wolf lifted Fables up and brought a new audience to it and then it ended, but now that Wolf is back it seems DC wants to do more Fables.

I dont know, obviously we dont have a full picture on this situation, but I would like to see him at least show some more support to them.

booper posted: »

No one else will say it, so: Fuck Bill Willingham. I didn’t want to assume the worst about the rumors that he was salty over not being broug

• Hmm, maybe maybe. Still wish it was Brannigan herself considering how she was written out of the first season. Poor woman deserves to have more of a prominent role after what she went through.

Honestly I do think she will appear. Maybe this new detective worked with Brangan and she is only getting involved because something happene

• I actually said way back when I was talking about my own ideas for wolf 2, that something actually happens to Brannigan which leads to other mundies getting involved.

so uh... another point for me I guess again

Pipas posted: »

Hmm, maybe maybe. Still wish it was Brannigan herself considering how she was written out of the first season. Poor woman deserves to have more of a prominent role after what she went through.

• Also I just noticed the anger management is 100% in a chuch as there is a nativity scene in the background, my guess is that chuch is the same one by the pizzaria in the postcard.

• Well I do think theres a bit of a difference since Willingham actually wrote Bigby vs Batman, so I'm not sure its an entirely fair comparison. Granted I haven't read the bigby v batman comic yet.

• it looks fucking GORGEOUS!!!

• I hope the [Glass Him] option returns at some stage

• This looks soo good!
    I'm so happy Telltale is back!

• The 2023 is disappointing, but I'll manage until then. Gives me plenty of time to replay the original.

Same here. Definitely going to play the first season too again. This season 2 is going to be awesome

Oh God this is glorious. Just watched the whole reveal (damn work getting in the way) and I'm blown away by everything I heard and saw. It's

• I'm honestly really happy with Telltale taking their time

• edited February 2022

That is a fair point, but Willingham also wrote another spin-off cross over comic which was deemed non-canon. I just personally find it a bit strange that here is the Wolf series being dedicated to be canon but isnt but the Batman cross over is? This means the official Fables timeline is that theres a giant magical castle in New York exposed to all Mundies, the world learns of Fables, and then Batman shows up followed by Pinocchio becoming President.

I mean all that said I suppose Batman showing up doesnt sound too out there, but still.

captainivy1 posted: »

Well I do think theres a bit of a difference since Willingham actually wrote Bigby vs Batman, so I'm not sure its an entirely fair comparison. Granted I haven't read the bigby v batman comic yet.

• Yeah I understand it's all a bit weird. Also, which spin-off is it thats non-canon? Just wanna make sure I havent missed something, currently reading through the entire series myself :grin:

And as I say I havent read anything Bigby v Batman except for the title which was "A Wolf in Gotham so I just assumed that bigby was off to gotham vs batman was in fabletown, but I really just have no knowledge of it.

That is a fair point, but Willingham also wrote another spin-off cross over comic which was deemed non-canon. I just personally find it a bi

• edited February 2022

We've waited this long, one more year doesn't seem that bad. I just want the game to be an another masterpiece above anything else

Sign in to comment in this discussion.