Behind The Scenes Look at TWAU2 and More, Hosted by Geoff Keighley February 9th at 10 AM PT

Comments

• I already love Bigby''s new coat. Hopefully he keeps it for the rest of the season.

• Bigby''s new coat

Wolves definitely need those to stay warm, so I've got a feeling it'll stay. :wink:

AronDracula posted: »

I already love Bigby''s new coat. Hopefully he keeps it for the rest of the season.

• edited February 2022

No one:

Scarecrow:

• And now they're gone, and she is acting as if anyone attacked her over her misinformed tweet. Which, I didn't really see anyone doing, granted I didn't see the last hour it was up. It was just people trying to correct, explain or ask what she means exactly in a structured way.

You know what these tweets read like? It reads like someone that got proven wrong, but is refusing to admit and own up to it, and decides to

• Next Telltale game should be Bigby vs Batman

• Hey so uh... Bufkin was confirmed to be back... and I assume/hope he will have the same actor... and if that is the case... He does voice Mr. Toad as well...

• I always forget they have the same actor because they sound so different.

Poogers555 posted: »

Hey so uh... Bufkin was confirmed to be back... and I assume/hope he will have the same actor... and if that is the case... He does voice Mr. Toad as well...

• Apparently Wolf 2 may not actually be Epic exclusive. Telltale on Twitter is replying seemingly saying it isn't set in stone which is interesting as it seemingly was and the trailer still seemed to imply so?

Maybe some sort of new negotiations are happening? Not so sure what that could be as they did seemingly have an agreement that was still active and I don't see Epic just deciding to just help fund with nothing in return unless Tim Sweeney is trying to beat Geoff was Telltale fan #1.

• Twitter is always full of bullshit. Go figure

captainivy1 posted: »

And now they're gone, and she is acting as if anyone attacked her over her misinformed tweet. Which, I didn't really see anyone doing, grant

• I miss the outline ink for characters.

• The "required to get the support of potential partners" bit is confusing to me.
    I don't know that much about business, but I feel like you can't really use that company's logo unless it's set in stone there's a deal behind it?

Unless they're hoping they get an Epic deal by putting it in the trailer, I don't see how it's not already set in stone.

The "we have not made any official announcements" to me feels like avoiding the subject of the Epic deal -- since I think revealing it now would probably overshadow the return of TWAU for some people.

Apparently Wolf 2 may not actually be Epic exclusive. Telltale on Twitter is replying seemingly saying it isn't set in stone which is intere

• Also something kind of interesting about the Oz characters is Dorothy. I want to be pretty clear that I know pretty much nothing about the Fairest series, but Dorothy is the main antagonist in that series. I also believe she is a bit unique as she is a Fable who is from Kansas and my understanding is she is almost like half Mundy half Fable because of this or something. Again I could easily 100% be wrong. I just think that is pretty interesting as the mystery is being described as dipping into the Mundy world and it seems Dorothy herself is like that.

That said, I feel like Dorothy makes more sense to be a cameo. I dont think Telltale would want to use her as a major antagonist figure when that's her role in one of the comics and if they are staying canon that limits them as well. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of a cold open to Season 2 and it basically brings the player in as Bigby finishes a different case, things go wrong while doing so, which leads to Snow suspend him temporarily. But like they said you would probably see these characters later on, but I feel Tinman and Scarecrow would probably be more prevalent than Dorothy because Telltale has more freedom with them.

• Perhaps, only thing that would lead me to thinking she has more prevalence is the way she smiled when Bigby's hybrid form came out, like she baited and waited for it for some reason.

Also something kind of interesting about the Oz characters is Dorothy. I want to be pretty clear that I know pretty much nothing about the F

• edited February 2022

I think the smile is more so like a "Okay, here's the real challenge" because at this point Dorothy is a highly trained assassin. Because Dorothy is also suppose to be showing down with Cindy at this time, so I could see her managing to get away at the end after a big fight. (And I guess we just assume she got away? Not sure. I just don't see her being around super long because continuity issues.) I am assuming something happens after Bigby Wolf's out that goes pretty bad for Snow to make him need to be reinstated. Dorothy can't die and I dont think they'd start the game forcing you to kill someone or something. Maybe the motel gets like completely demolished and the damage + failure makes Snow put her foot down.

dojo32161 posted: »

Perhaps, only thing that would lead me to thinking she has more prevalence is the way she smiled when Bigby's hybrid form came out, like she baited and waited for it for some reason.

• Ye, and for all we know Bigby isn't even there for her. Human looking fables are allowed to roam freely after all, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was just there for tinman and scarecrow.

I think the smile is more so like a "Okay, here's the real challenge" because at this point Dorothy is a highly trained assassin. Because Do

• At the least we can probably assume he wasn't there for Dorothy, she seemed calm and content and Bigby looked like he was planning to leave after grabbing and cuffing scarecrow. This might also explain how tinman got the drop on Bigby, he could leave the room freely without being detained, and used it to make a sneak attack.

Ye, and for all we know Bigby isn't even there for her. Human looking fables are allowed to roam freely after all, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was just there for tinman and scarecrow.

• Looks like what Dojo said, looks like he only was there truly for Scarecrow in the end. That said, we do see him following Tinman, but is possible Bigby really only wants Scarecrow but they are harboring a fugitive. So I'm thinking Scarecrow may have done something more than just not being in glamour seeing how Bigby seems to be fine without taking Tinman as well and he wasn't expecting to get dropped on.

Ye, and for all we know Bigby isn't even there for her. Human looking fables are allowed to roam freely after all, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was just there for tinman and scarecrow.

• Finally saw the trailer after being busy. Man, I forgot how alluring the art direction and music are. I feel transported away already. And then hearing Adam Harrington...I was instantly brought back to when I first played Wolf all those years ago.

I am very curious as to where the story will go with characters from the Wizard of Oz, but I am optimistic. Very optimistic. 2023 is a bummer, but hey, I'm ready for it.

• Twitter is always full of bullshit.

Thank YOU!!!

Twitter is always full of bullshit. Go figure

• edited February 2022

Watching the trailer again, I realized that we might have an answer to how our choices from the first season will transfer over: They’re all memories Bigby will talk about with the anger management group. For example, “Do you use the threat of your temper to manipulate others into getting what you want?” = “Did you destroy Georgie’s bar?”; or “Do you disproportionally react to slights against you?” = “Did you rip Gren’s arm off?”

• That's actually a super cool idea, but I wonder how exactly it would be brought up in a natural way. I see what you are saying here, but I think the scene would need to play out with - Group leader asks question - then we focus on Bigby and show a visual split of the choice for that to work. But it is an interesting way to let players input previous choices, but unsure if they would do that as like an actual narrative device.

It is possible if we are just given a simple choice filler Snow actually left the group leader a list of things Bigby did in season 1 that she wants him to improve. Which could be fun because the group leader would have to ask it in a different way. Like "Your boss said you broke a mans arm in a fight?" when we know its really ripped someone's arm off. Or "Beat a man in an ally?" When it is actually killed a man. That would be a pretty ironic scene with all the mundies thinking Bigby gets in a lot of fights or whatever when it really is a lot more serious. Could even do some extra funny cut ins showing the real event in-between the question and Bigby answering.

booper posted: »

Watching the trailer again, I realized that we might have an answer to how our choices from the first season will transfer over: They’re all

• I do like the idea of having callbacks, but what if you ended up not doing all those things and played the "pacifist"? I fear it might fall into the trap old Telltale had of characters getting angry at you no matter what you did regardless even if it didn't make sense like the Stranger from TWD. I think more likely they'll just reference some vague non-specific violent behaviour that Bigby did in the past.

That's actually a super cool idea, but I wonder how exactly it would be brought up in a natural way. I see what you are saying here, but I t

• Yeah I was thinking that too. If we are lucky they may do something I think we've all begged Telltale to do forever and have it so its more about an accumulation of our choices. So after you put in what choices you made, it decides if you played violently, weren't afraid to get messy, or always tried to be nonviolent. Then the scene just would be different and not just be finding an excuse to blame you. Granted you'd still be there, but it could be framed more so if you played nonviolently that you are mostly there because of the Oz fight, and save things like going in depth with violent Season 1 choices if you were actually violent to be more constant to that player's story.

I'd much rather Bigby has to go the anger management and the excuse is "The Oz fight" rather than the game accusing you of things you didnt really do. And if you had examples of being overly aggressive in Season 1, use that as extra flavor. This is the very start of the game and they want this set up so I think that would be fine, seeing how obviously Bigby ends up in anger management either way anyway. Plus its all theoretical, far as we know the therapy session doesnt mention any past choices so they can avoid what we just said.

lupinb0y posted: »

I do like the idea of having callbacks, but what if you ended up not doing all those things and played the "pacifist"? I fear it might fall

• I'm curious if past choices will even be carried over, it's been a bit silent in that regard.

• Also worth noting is that it seems action sequences will most likely be QTE again based on what we saw in the trailer. I personally don't mind at all, but I do wonder if they will try and do a bit more with the action. I think adding a chase scene would be a good improvement for example kind of like how Minecraft had one. Think like the Dee chase but you actually control it so it is a bit more complex than being an auto runner and just slide left or right, maybe instead needing to jump over obstacles as well and could even seamless transition into an exploration area. "Like ok you cornered them, now find their hiding spot."

• edited February 2022

I also wouldn't mind it if it was just a scene you could miss if you didn't do a specific thing like in Batman: Enemy Within. Like how you'd get a whole ass scene with Bruce training Joker or Alfred's speech towards the end of the game. Albeit those scenes are based on choices given to you in the moment but something along that line would be neat.

So if you were violent in the first game then some of those events get brought up as arguments against Bigby in addition to whatever happened, but if you didn't then you just get the regular scene with them talking about presumably the Oz fight.

Yeah I was thinking that too. If we are lucky they may do something I think we've all begged Telltale to do forever and have it so its more

• Man, I've rewatched the trailer so many times, even though there isn't too much to glean. It's clearly the opening scene of the game with the anger management session possibly spliced in, with what's likely most of the plot intrigue and setup left off the screen. Really great trailer in the way it tells a story though, I'll be excited to learn more information as the year goes on.

• Hopefully too. Like that last choice option as well. From S1 Ep5. follow or don't follow. Like this is set 6 months after S1. So I wonder if that choice will be carry over too

I'm curious if past choices will even be carried over, it's been a bit silent in that regard.

• edited February 2022

I have also rewatched it like a hundred times. Honestly just a super cool trailer and it is just super cool actually seeing such a well done trailer after all this time. Very likely this literally is the opening scene of the game and I really wonder just how bonkers we will be going. I mean damn, Bigby already in the werewolf form in the first fight of the game is a pretty strong statement. Honestly kinda hoping that if we truly are spreading further out from Fabletown, I wonder if maybe we will be in an more open area and have like a free walk area of Bigby in his giant form or something.

(Also side note, I am glad they redesigned his Wolf forms. His Werewolf form didnt look super wolfish and his giant Wolf form wasn't very intimating and kinda just looked like a big dog. So I am glad they went back to really make him look like some scary monster that will rip you in half. PS hoping Bigby howls at least once.)

Man, I've rewatched the trailer so many times, even though there isn't too much to glean. It's clearly the opening scene of the game with th

• edited February 2022

And also (feel like I am talking way too much in this thread sorry fellas lol) I really agree more than ever with what Jamie was saying about how they want "Telltale Games not releasing as frequently, but hopes it makes it so when they do it feels more special." Hearing them talk after the trailer and how great it has been for them to just have time to make this as best as it can be instead of just creating it live all sounds great. I do believe the rise in quality due to this will be apparent which they have said a few times they hope will be the case. I know some wanted the game to be sooner than 2023 and obviously myself included, but I am more than willing to wait another year for a well put together and passionate experience.

• edited February 2022

His Werewolf form didnt look super wolfish and his giant Wolf form wasn't very intimating and kinda just looked like a big dog.

To be fair, his final form in the comics is exactly that. A big dog. Same goes for both his season 1 and 2 werewolf forms. It just changed depending on the artist.

I have also rewatched it like a hundred times. Honestly just a super cool trailer and it is just super cool actually seeing such a well done

• edited February 2022

I mostly meant this as in Bigby's final form didnt really look ferocious, but more so like a pet dog. Additions like his fur not looking like it was brushed but is instead a bit more wild or rabid looking goes a long way for making his Wolf form look a lot more dangerous. Same goes for his new werewolf form with the addition of having the fur look messy and unkempt, like a wild animal. Plus making the head a lot more like a wolf head with a snout that can highlight the fangs more makes this form look a lot more menacing as well. Not that I disliked the old designs, but I do think these are a really solid step up and were a redesign I was really hoping for.

lupinb0y posted: »

His Werewolf form didnt look super wolfish and his giant Wolf form wasn't very intimating and kinda just looked like a big dog. To b

• Yeah that's fair. While I did like the original design as well, it's certainly a bit more menacing. I was just saying that all these designs were taken straight from the comics, it's just that the ferocity of them depended on the artist.

I mostly meant this as in Bigby's final form didnt really look ferocious, but more so like a pet dog. Additions like his fur not looking lik

• Shall we talk about which of the old characters might return besides Bigby and Snow? I would like to see the Woodsman again and probably see him and Bigby work together again like how they did against Jersey in Episode 4. I was disappointed by the fact that he didn't come back for Episode 5, at the witching well with everyone else.

• I think Woody is a bit of a 50/50. Ep 4 ends in a way where it is semi implied he is leaving Fabletown. Never really had much and his friends are mad at him, so he may have just left. That said, if we truly are leaving Fabletown I could see Bigby working with him

Shall we talk about which of the old characters might return besides Bigby and Snow? I would like to see the Woodsman again and probably see

• edited February 2022

Honestly in retrospective it was really nice of Geoff Keighley to help Telltale with this reveal. You can kind of tell that they def wanted this trailer for the game awards in front of millions of people but like they said they weren't ready yet. So I am glad Geoff agreed to do this to help promote.

(I also realized the countdown to the event was taken place at the anger management group with everyone sitting and listening lol)

• Man, it finally struck me as how surreal this is that we have a confirmed Telltale game in development for the future.
    I'll probably get double-shocked when it actually comes out, but...

It's crazy how we were all confused by some random "LCG" company buying Telltale, and then it actually managed to develop a sizeable team and restart development on Wolf 2, with a release window on the horizon.

• Yeah The Final Season being saved was unexpected enough but TWAU is even more wild. What's next? Super show gets saved?

AChicken posted: »

Man, it finally struck me as how surreal this is that we have a confirmed Telltale game in development for the future. I'll probably get do

• The Bruner House always wins.

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah The Final Season being saved was unexpected enough but TWAU is even more wild. What's next? Super show gets saved?

• Got thinking- I wonder how much Wolf 2 is going to cost and if they are going to sell episodes individually? I feel they will probably go for $40 instead of the usual $25 and honestly I think they should make it so you buy the whole season upfront. No point it in splitting up your revenue.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.