• No Way Home Spoilers

another blu ray/digital promo picture

Look at those homies

• Here is the true description of the Peter faces

• Tobey: I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye
    • Tom: Worried about the fututre direction for his Spider-Man
    • Andrew: I'M nOt ThE WeREwOlF
    AChicken posted: »

No Way Home Spoilers another blu ray/digital promo picture (Spoiler)

• Disney Plus IS getting mature in the US.

All the Netflix Marvel shows will be added to D+ instead of Hulu, under a new mature category, expanding the Parental controls (not sure if you guys are getting the rest of the Star catalog too -- if so, Hulu might not be sticking around).

Report by Deadline.

Interestingly, there's this part of the article.

No. We’re not pulling back. There’s a tonal shift,” Feige said. The rating for Moon Knight has not been revealed yet; the series debuts March 30, two weeks after Disney+ introduces the new Parental Controls that include access to TV-MA programming.

There still isn't a TV rating for Moon Knight. So it'll either be revealed as TV14, or TVMA, after the mature shows get added.

• Big spoiler for Multiverse of Madness if you haven't seen the trailer and aren't aware of any speculations about a certain character.

Patrick Stewart has confirmed that it is in fact him in the MoM trailer in an interview with a YouTuber named Jake's Takes!

"I actually didn't recognize my own voice, it sounded different. Whether I had a cold or something at the time, I don't know, but I was astonished and all they saw was the back of my shoulder and I think my earlobe, nothing else that there would have been so many connections made. It pleased me.”

• I watched the Making of What If? tonight, and there's some pretty interesting things they touch upon near the end of the documentary related to season 2 and how ideas might bloom into the larger MCU.

When the story leads mention the work on Marvel Zombies and how they wanted it to be a "sneaky introduction" to the famous comic, but told through the events of the MCU... it makes me think that the official Marvel Zombies animated show we know is greenlit, is actually going to be based on the original comic.
    They make it a bit point to repeat: that the Zombies canon in the comics is really an alternate universe that stands on its own, and the MCU version of it is different -- though with some references (like Scott Lang's head in a jar -- apparently there's lots of Head-In-Jar characters in the comics) so this is probably the writers team's effort to make a backdoor pilot for a comics Zombies series, and it worked.

Kevin Feige himself teases that the team were also mulling over the idea on how to build Season 1, as "essential viewing" for the MCU, and how they might be able to spin-off some of those concepts into other corners of it.

Another member of the team also touches upon how they have a plan in Season 2 to revisit the relationship between Captain Carter and the Watcher, that they briefly share a respect for each other at the end of S1
    So... Captain Carter confirmed for Season 2, and possibly confirmation that they're going to try and incorporate her into the larger MCU (which looks to be the case, for now, from that new Doctor Strange poster detail...)

• edited March 2022

The trailer for Ms. Marvel is finally here!

She's one of my favourite Marvel Comics characters, so definitely looking forward to this. It looks like they captured the spirit of Kamala, which is great! A bit disappointed that her powers here aren't the same as her comicbook counterpart, but I assume they didn't want audiences to confuse her and Mr. Fantastic. I hope they still managed to fit her Embiggen ability in somehow.

• The forum isn't letting me edit my comment so I guess I gotta make a new one.

They also released the poster for the series.

• Yeah, from what I've casually known about Kamala, the lack of the stretchy, growy limbs is a bit strange, but they probably wanted to make it different to Reed Richards and give her powers a more "cosmic" origin like with Carol Danvers?
    Superheroes shouldn't have to have dominion over one power set, especially with how big the MCU is getting, but ah well.

Looks like her powers are thanks to some bracelet macguffin. Maybe it'll break by the end of the show and she'll learn to use her Iconic "embiggen" move, then?

Looks like it'll be a fun time.

lupinb0y posted: »

The trailer for Ms. Marvel is finally here! She's one of my favourite Marvel Comics characters, so definitely looking forward to this

• Marvel Netflix shows are now on Disney Plus wherever it's available, in all their TV-MA glory.

I don't think they're in the Star section at all, so these are probably the very first Mature/R-rated pieces of content for the actual Disney Plus catalog!

• edited March 2022

Disney: Releases a TV-MA content section for Mature content in the USA.
    Also Disney: Spends time and money to re-edit CGI in Falcon&WinterSoldier to make it less violent.

Yes, it's been noticed that Disney has re-edited some scenes in TF&WS (specifically episode 3), removing blood or "slightly-more-violent-than-usual" combat moves.

Man, this sucks. This episode had my favourite action. Derek Kolstad really brought out some dark violence we don't usually see in the PG-rated MCU. The tone was kept pretty dark.
    The rest of the world has had access to the "dark" content for over a year now, but all of a sudden when you guys down south get it, the Big Mouse says this one episode is too dark? That's annoying.

It's also especially weird this is happening a day before Moon Knight starts -- which I've heard is not a TVMA show, but still has some chilling violence for an MCU property.

• All that for a drop of blood.

Disney: Releases a TV-MA content section for Mature content in the USA. Also Disney: Spends time and money to re-edit CGI in Falcon&Wi

• edited March 2022

Just finished watching the first episode of Moon Knight. I really liked it! It's mostly set up with the episode introducing Steven/Marc along with the villain, though there's still a fair bit of action. There's more blood here than the usual MCU affair, though nothing super violent but there is one pretty gross moment that happens. There's also some pretty cool transitions and I like how they play around with Steven's insanity. I really liked Oscar Isaac in this, he does a really good job of making Steven out to be really pathetic and sad lol. The series also feels pretty disconnected to the wider MCU, which I like. There's no references to the Blip or any other past/ongoing events. Only real gripe is that the CGI in the chase scene was pretty rough at times. Overall good first episode, looking forward the next week!

Spoilers

Seeing Oscar Isaac with a dislocated jaw and then having to reset it himself was super gross. It was great.
    Nice to see more blood in the MCU. I really like the cut with Steven blacking out and then coming to only to be covered in blood.
    Was not expecting the tree to completely annihilate those two cultists lol.
    Was definitely not expecting a Last Airbender reference on my bingo card.
    Man was offered a steak well done and he said that sounded delicious. He really is insane.

• Yes, I want my profile to have access to TV-MA content.

No, I don't want to set a PIN for my profile.

Yes, I'm sure I don't want to set a PIN for my profile.

Yes, I'm really, really sure I don't to set a PIN for my profile.

"We can tell you really don't want to see this TV-MA stuff, so we're editing it out."

Sigh.

Disney: Releases a TV-MA content section for Mature content in the USA. Also Disney: Spends time and money to re-edit CGI in Falcon&Wi

• Well, they've reverted it.

Disney+ is restoring Falcon and the Winter Soldier after alternate cut was uploaded to platform

This alternate cut of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was accidentally uploaded in an attempt to correct a credit, a source tells EW. We're told Disney hopes to have the issue remedied as soon as possible.

• WB originally released the PG13 cut of Birds of Prey on HBO Max by accident so I guess this is believable.

But there's also the probability that this was some sort of experiment to see how people would react to a violence being taken out.

Well, they've reverted it. Disney+ is restoring Falcon and the Winter Soldier after alternate cut was uploaded to platform This alt

• I could also just see it maybe being an edit that will be used for kid accounts in the future.

WB originally released the PG13 cut of Birds of Prey on HBO Max by accident so I guess this is believable. But there's also the probability that this was some sort of experiment to see how people would react to a violence being taken out.

• I dunno if any of you heard the reviews, but Morbius is very not good. (As expected IMO).

But also... Sony let the director spoil the end-credits scenes. A full week before the movie is out, no less!! What?!

Cinema Blend Spoilery Twitter thread

lmao I saw leaked footage and it isn't anything to get hyped about. mostly get scared about. I don't trust sony one bit, rushing into a sinister 6-led movie... again...

• edited March 2022

I can't fuckin' believe Sony yoinked one of the MCU's best villains and threw him into theirs. It doesn't even make sense for him to stay considering how NWH ended. It's like Sony skimmed through a plot leak of NWH and wrote Morbius around that.

I dunno if any of you heard the reviews, but Morbius is very not good. (As expected IMO). But also... Sony let the director spoil the end-credits scenes. A full week before the movie is out, no less!! What?! (Spoiler)

• Let the 30-second TV spots... begin!
    Ooh boy I'm excited for this wild movie!

• edited April 2022

The official Marvel website seems to have confirmed that the Matt Murdock that appears in No Way Home is the same one from the Netflix shows. They uploaded a full written recap of his story starting from Daredevil Season 1 and ending with his appearance in No Way Home.

Now that the Netflix Marvel shows are officially canon, I wonder if the same will happen for the other pre-Marvel Studios shows like Cloak & Dagger, The Runaways and Agents of Shield. Luke Cage and Cloak & Dagger make reference to each other at a point, and The Runaways had a full crossover with Cloak & Dagger. The Judas bullet from Luke Cage also made an appearance in Agents of Shield.

• Man I really hope they just canonise Agents of Shield at this point. Make everything from S5 to the penultimate episode of S7 alternate universe if you want, I dont mind it, it would work. But DAMN IT just make it canon :cry:

It would just be so detached to decanonise it at this point. S2 of AoS saves Age of Ultron by having tons of buildup to the film and clear out several plotholes. My man Nick Fury even reference them, although its a really weak reference.

The official Marvel website seems to have confirmed that the Matt Murdock that appears in No Way Home is the same one from the Netflix shows

• Saw Episode 1 of Moon Knight.

This is going to be a thrilling mystery, involving Egyptian Gods, some spooky cult, and the tension between Steven & Marc.
    I do wish the first two episodes released together since it ends just as you start delving into the central Steven/Marc relationship... only a few days wait now so it's not that bad.

Didn't really like some of the blackout transitions, telegraphing them with stuttering camera cuts.
    If I were to do it, it should be a single jump-cut. Would add more to the surprise of it -- sorta like how Wandavision had that jump-rewind in Ep3.
    (to compare this to Mr Robot, another show involving DID, mental health, and the disorienting nature of it, it used that kind of transition for a much better "Oh shit... what?" moments.)

And... I hope they didn't rush this show ahead of the visual artists. That Log Truck CGI was... very, very visibly CGI. The chase near the end looked better, but still artificial.

• edited April 2022

Really enjoyed episode 2 of Moon Knight, especially loved the back and forths between Steven and Marc. Really makes you feel bad for Steven, his life is pretty terrible. I like how Arthur is portrayed. The way he treats his followers and the kindness he shows, it makes sense that he has such a large following. Well that and the powers, but nevertheless. Also enjoying Layla's character, even if she isn't really in it all that much, but hopefully she gets some development in the later episodes. It was in the first episode too, but I'm not sure how I feel about how they present Konshu's voice. I get the idea is that only Steven/Marc can hear him so he talks as if he's right in your ear, but it feels a bit jarring honestly. Overall I really liked the episode, maybe more so than the first.

Spoilers

It's pretty clear at this point that Steven's only really existed for a few months. Man's only like six months old but his life is nothing but pain.
    Also really interesting that they decided to have the Mr. Knight personality be part of Steven instead of being an all new one.
    Loved the conversation they had around that mirror pyramid thing.
    Big brain move to have the monster be invisible like 50% of the time so they don't have to CGI it in.
    I like how they show Konshu "moving". I just think it's neat.
    That freeze frame when Steven screams in the storage place was super weird lol.

• Another good episode and the most action packed one so far with a lot of focus on Marc. It's definitely a bit more violent than normal MCU (more blood, stabbings, etc) but don't go expecting something out of Daredevil. The episode does of a good job of humanising Marc and mirroring Stevens beliefs on their disorder. The CG again gets a little funky at the start but then latter end of the episode has some really great visuals. Also get to see more of Layla who I'm enjoying so far. Once again, looking forward to next week!

This was also one of Gaspard Ulliel's last roles before he passed away. Rest in Peace.

Spoilers

What is it with cliffs in the MCU having some of the worst CGI. First it was Black Panther, then Shang-Chi and now this.
    Steven finally being given control with the Mr. Knight suit only to instantly relinquish it back to Marc after getting impaled was hilarious.
    Looks like Layla might be into Steven, which I'm sure will make things awkward with Marc.
    That courtroom scene was kinda dumb. Those gods put way too much trust on Arthur.
    In the comics, one of the gods actually connects to Black Panther, so I wonder if they'll do that here too.

• edited April 2022

The teaser trailer for Thor: Love and Thunder is out!

Hot damn, look at Natalie Portman's arms

Also the poster for it is pretty nice!

• Recently saw of some (a bit late) Marvel news. There's been some rumblings about the pre-production of the next Spider-Man movie and what villains may appear.
    Stephen Oyoung who played Martin Li/Mr. Negative from Insomniac's Spider-Man wants to play him in the MCU, if he appears.

I'm so on board with that, hopefully he's got those good connections.

• He definitely deserves to be in live-action. He has the look, the voice and he has passion for this role. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to cast someone else over Stephen to play Mr. Negative.

Recently saw of some (a bit late) Marvel news. There's been some rumblings about the pre-production of the next Spider-Man movie and what vi

• Really liked episode 4 of Moon Knight. Felt almost like one of the Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser, but in a good way. You get a bit of horror and to my surprise, a little bit of gore as well. It's not over the top but it's there for a bit so that's nice. Really like the relationship between Steven/Marc and Layla in this and how weird it is. Some pretty wild stuff happens as well which is my favourite of the episode. Definitely interested to see how it all turns out.

Spoilers

That creepy monster thing reminded me a lot of the creatures of Amnesia: Rebirth.
    Definitely wasn't expecting to see a dude get disemboweled. It's not super detailed but still.
    Nice to see that Arthur is the type of villain that will double tap the hero just to be sure.
    I like it but I'm surprised that there still aren't any references at all to the wider MCU.
    The institution at the end was really cool, there's a bunch of blink and you'll miss it references to all the previous episodes.
    Loved the little nod to Jake Lockley in the other sarcophagus that they ignore. Hopefully he gets to appear before the end of the season.
    The ending was pretty damn funny, especially with the two different screams. Really love Oscar Isaac in this, he's absolutely fantastic.

• Agghgghhgh, they delayed Across the Spider-Verse Part 1 in 2023.

• ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, SONY? Their cinematic universe is just as bad, if not even worse than DCEU.

• edited April 2022

Episode 5 of Moon Knight is absolutely fantastic. Not only does it have some of the best acting in any MCU property so far but also some of the most emotional and darkest storytelling in the MCU. Steven/Marc's life is absolutely tragic and Oscar Isaac's performance in this episode proves that he is the perfect person to portray the character. Overall it's the best episode so far and I'm very excited/worried to see how it all ends next week.

Spoilers

Love the hippo. She's adorable.
    Five episodes in and finally there's a nod to another MCU property with the Hippo mentioning the Ancentral Plain from Black Panther.
    It's incredibly subtle but the third personality, presumably Jake Lockley, appears in the first scene with Harrow in the Asylum when he tries to kill himself with the glass thing. His accent is completely different from either Stevens and Marcs and he's got the bandage on his nose that neither of them have.
    It was pretty obvious before but it's clear that Konshu has been taking advantage of Marc the entire time they've been together. I wonder if Konshu will be in Marcs future by the end of the season.
    The death of a kid and some child abuse was not something I was expecting this episode but I applaud Marvel Studios for going there.
    Oscar Isaac's performance was phenomenal. He's perfect.
    Love the reconciliation between Steven and Marc.
    Fuckin' RIP Steven. I can't believe you've done this to me Marvel.

• The character has only appeared in two issues too. Really strange villain choice.
    Feels to me that they got the actor first and then decided on the character, given how I've read Bad Bunny is a fan of him, and has ties to pro wrestling too.

(Maybe it could actually be good -- in a non-Spider-Man way -- because of how open-ended the character's lore and story is. Like a Luchador who keeps descending down a dark path, twisting him into a villain. That doesn't really sound like a comic-book movie, but... on its own it could be okay.)

AronDracula posted: »

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, SONY? Their cinematic universe is just as bad, if not even worse than DCEU.

• They still use Spider-Man to cash in on this film. There is nothing interesting about this character unless you are a fan of wrestling or WWE. I think I would have forgiven them if they actually made a solo film for Bonesaw, the wrestler in Spider-Man 1. Only problem is that Randy Savage is dead, God bless his soul.

The character has only appeared in two issues too. Really strange villain choice. Feels to me that they got the actor first and then decid

• edited April 2022

A new Doctor Strange tv spot, which apparently wasn't going to be released, was accidentally leaked by the Marvel Studios Canada channel but has since been deleted, which featured an appearance from a character and the confirmation of another so if you don't want to be spoiled just be wary.

It's Captain Carter and Professor Xavier. You don't get full body shots of them but you see her back and shield and Xavier's hand on his yellow chair from the X-Men: Animated Series.

• edited April 2022

Wait a freakin minute

on his yellow chair from the X-Men: Animated Series.

As far as I know, the X-Men 97 sequel series is under the Marvel Studios banner, right? I'm not familiar with the show, and I'm probably thinking way too deep into this, but could there be a chance that somehow, someway, they manage to link the current events of the MCU to this sudden continuation of the old series? That would be some pretty wild storytelling.

There are 3 new episodes of Marvel Legends, the recap series. Recapping the journeys of Dr. Strange, Wong, and Scarlet Witch (this time up to WandaVision).

Unfortunately I've heard that there are no clips from No Way Home used in it. Understandably so, from a legal standpoint, but still really unfortunate. Going off of Endgame to setting up MoM, there's definitely a major event in there that you'd need to address in a recap for his character.

Fortunately, there seems to be clips of What If...? in the episodes, specifically stuff involving "The Guardians of the Multiverse". This is either setting up the idea that Strange will make his own Multiverse team, or an appearance of one of those characters in the actual film, which would be super cool.
    Given that Legends often tailors their recaps to show off small details and hints from previous movies that come into play in the upcoming films, the choice of What If makes me very excited. Maybe we'll see Strange go into an animated alternate universe.

A new Doctor Strange tv spot, which apparently wasn't going to be released, was accidentally leaked by the Marvel Studios Canada channel but

• Turns out that the tv spot did end up getting released but I guess they didn't mean to release it early.

As far as I know, the X-Men 97 sequel series is under the Marvel Studios banner, right? I'm not familiar with the show, and I'm probably thinking way too deep into this, but could there be a chance that somehow, someway, they manage to link the current events of the MCU to this sudden continuation of the old series? That would be some pretty wild storytelling.

Oh shit you're right, that might actually be a possibility. That'd be super weird but kinda cool.

This is either setting up the idea that Strange will make his own Multiverse team, or an appearance of one of those characters in the actual film, which would be super cool.

I think just an appearance of some of them is likely rather than them doing the Guardians of the Multiverse thing again. But who knows. This movie seems like it's going to be pretty wild.

Maybe we'll see Strange go into an animated alternate universe.

That'd be WEIRD. Strange even.

Wait a freakin minute (Spoiler) There are 3 new episodes of Marvel Legends, the recap series. Recapping the journeys of Dr. Strange, W

• X-Men '97 is supposed to come out next year, so there could be some chance it's teased in a post-credits scene, if this yellow-chaired variant isn't just an Easter egg.

Turns out that the tv spot did end up getting released but I guess they didn't mean to release it early. (Spoiler) This is either s

• There are only 3 good things about Venom: Let There Be Carnage

1. The Eddie/Venom relationship. (I believe the gay headcanon)
    2. You can actually (mostly) follow the final fight. (It's spiky red vs. smooth black instead of black vs. grey, outside at night)
    3. Venom keeps 2 chickens as pets. <3

Venom and Eddie also turn to raiding chickens coops for sustenance when they can't/don't want to go for human heads, but that's not important.

• edited May 2022

Moon Knight is finally over and I enjoyed the finale, though I do think it suffers from similar issues with the other MCU series finales. Mostly things not being given enough time to develop, and the series really needing at least another episode or two. Aside from that, there's a few fun and wild things that happen, acting continues to be great, there's some neat action sequences, and an interesting ending. Also curiously, the final episode is being regarded as a season finale now instead of a series finale like before. This could literally mean nothing though and just them changing up their adjectives for some reason.

Overall while it's not my favourite (Loki still is) I honestly thought the series was great. It was fun, pretty dark, and it had Oscar Isaac giving some of the best acting in the MCU yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how Moon Knight will play with the MCU in the future.

Also watch out for the after credits scene!

Spoilers

• Was not expecting a big kaiju battle between two Egyptian gods but I'll take it.
    • Love the fight scene with Moon Knight and Layla, with Marc and Steven constantly switching between each other.
    • Speaking of Layla, I definitely wasn't expecting her to end up becoming a superhero. I'm not entirely sure but this might be the MCU's first original superhero. She looked cool though! She's pretty much the MCU's Wonder Woman.
      EDIT Turns out that she's actually the MCU's version of the Scarlet Scarab. I have no idea who they are but they're a character that hasn't been used since the 80's so that's a pretty deep pull lol.

• Konshu and promised Marc/Steven to leave then alone, but he didn't say anything about Jake Lockley who is revealed to be in cahoots with Konshu the entire time.

• Jake's still a cab driver like in the comics but they made him a psychopath in this.
    • Also Konshu now has his suit from the more recent comics! I wonder if they'll do a certain confrontation between him and all the other personalities.
  • Okay, finally getting back on the Moon Knight train. It's been a while, and I'm really glad to hear people have said it's been great. Where I'm at right now, I can see that's clear.

Moon Knight Episodes 2 & 3

Mmm, Oscar Issac is really doing a good job with his performance, which especially becomes clear in Episode 3.
    Steven, a bit more guarded, nervous, obviously british guy. Marc, more headstrong, menacing, and american. Then even surprisingly as Khonshu's Avatar. The trial scene in Episode 3 was really cool, no doubt enhanced by the sound effects and camera angles, too. Dude plays "possessed" very well.

Ethan Hawke's Arthur Harrow is a good kind of evil. The type of character who's always calm, yet capable of such scary violence and power. And bearer of info. Dude seems to know a lot more than he should about everyone around him.

The star-rearranging scene in Episode 3 cemented the fact of how epic this series is. It feels comparable to Loki, in that it's very grandiose in its premise, locations, and mystery, but it has a grounded Earth quality to it, that especially feels cool. Just... randomly using an Egyptian god's powers to rotate the stars in front of the entire world. Damn cool sequence overall.
    Props to the composer and head of the music department for this series. The score utilizing a bunch of spooky choruses and licensed middle eastern music that bops has been great. I do wish more of the languages in the show would be translated or subtitled. Feels like a lot of [Speaking Egyptian] or [Middle Eastern Music Playing] happens, and I wish there was more context behind those.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.