The Incredible Puzzle Thread

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I don't really understand how it is a puzzle/riddle. "Post your findings?" It's a pixellated gif of a safe? It's safe "a" apparently? I don't get what the puzzle is.
  • edited June 2010
    I could give a hint: It's not a word riddle.
    I don't know how much that helps though.
  • edited June 2010
    key1.jpg
    Or, if the key doesn't fit on the lock...
    dynamite.jpg

I have no idea what the riddle is supposed to be.
  • edited June 2010
    Another hint: What's depicted doesn't matter, but the image does.
    I could give more hints, but I can't really think of more that won't outright give away the solution, or at least the way to get the solution.
  • edited June 2010
    I still have no idea how to solve this.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, forget the solution, we're still trying to figure out what the question is here!
  • edited June 2010
    There isn't a question, really, but there's something to solve. It's a puzzle, not a riddle.
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    I don't know if puzzles like this really belong here, but it's a fun one nonetheless...

I haven't had a lot of time to analyze the image, but I'm guessing it involves some sort of steganography. Like, taking the last significant digits in the RGB value of each pixel starting in the upper right, and converting that to ASCII. (Except that exact formula doesn't seem to work.)

Or...something like that...
  • edited June 2010
    i don't think it takes a genius to solve this. i just think you should explain whats going on cause i dont think anyone has a clue what you're looking for. how to open it? how to move it? how much money is in it? i don't know what other questions i could ask.
  • edited June 2010
    scratch my post i must have written it while you were posting
  • edited June 2010
    There isn't a question, really, but there's something to solve. It's a puzzle, not a riddle.

Like why there's both a combination lock and a keyhole? That is puzzling to me, cause usually its just one or the other.
  • edited June 2010
    Google image search "safe" and the thing and similar pop up, so it's nothing wrong with the safe itself. At the moment, the only question that comes to mind is "why has he posted a picture of a safe?"
  • edited June 2010
    At the moment, the only question that comes to mind is "why has he posted a picture of a safe?"
    That's wrong though. Like I said before:
    Another hint: What's depicted doesn't matter, but the image does.

At least this puzzle is a real challenge, and not like the easy ones posted before :p
  • edited June 2010
    It's a square gif? It's 360000 pixels?
  • edited June 2010
    OK! I figured it out!!

And the answer is...

DRUMROLL PLEASE!!

....:
    You are insane.

NEXT!
  • edited June 2010
    is the answer Muhahaha look at you all wasting your time trying to figure it out?
  • edited June 2010
    It's 600x600. It has 57 colors. It...

Gah! I don't know! There's nothing to solve! It's just a stupid picture of a safe!
  • edited June 2010
    It's not so much that the picture is of a safe, but about the picture itself. (But the safe's a little bit of a hint.)
  • edited June 2010
    No, the cat is dead
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    No, the cat is dead

No, the cake is a lie.
  • edited June 2010
    I want another hint. Like, what's the question?
  • edited June 2010
    I got a riddle.

banana-799094.jpg

What's the answer?

Answer:
    There is no answer! It's just a picture!

And why is Watson avoiding me?
  • edited June 2010
    He's a banana!

And that wasn't a clue. What do you mean avoiding you? Did you try contacting me or something?
  • edited June 2010
    No. I just haven't seen you since I've been back on the forums. And you got the answer wrong.
  • edited June 2010
    There is no answer. You lose.
  • edited June 2010
    Ok, another hint then! Klatuu was on the right track with this:
    Klatuu wrote: »
    I haven't had a lot of time to analyze the image, but I'm guessing it involves some sort of steganography. Like, taking the last significant digits in the RGB value of each pixel starting in the upper right, and converting that to ASCII. (Except that exact formula doesn't seem to work.)

Or...something like that...
    Though he's over-thinking it, it's not as complex as what he's trying.
  • edited June 2010
    Does the image contain some sort of watermark that's only visible by isolating certain colors?
  • edited June 2010
    Getting to the solution doesn't require any image editing software :)
  • edited June 2010
    The top right hand corner looks like it says "ininininininini"?
  • edited June 2010
    It's definitely safea. Or at least that's what the image title was when I downloaded it
  • edited June 2010
    Could be a metaphor for the traditional Telltale adventure game puzzles, which often involved solving three things before progressing to the next stage. Sam & Max even made fun of that "three" concept in 202.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. This is why goal setting is so important, because otherwise, you don't know what you're trying to do.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm stuck on this -_-
    I don't think we'll get it any time soon.
    Unless someone randomly has a brainwave

hp.gif
  • edited June 2010
    The answer is swordfish.

I still have no idea what the question is.
  • edited June 2010
    Like Klatuu pointed out, there's something hidden in the image file. It's up to you guys to find out how and what. It doesn't require image editing software to find. There is no difficult math involved, or math of any kind.
  • edited June 2010
    The answer is 42.
  • edited June 2010
    Like Klatuu pointed out, there's something hidden in the image file. It's up to you guys to find out how and what. It doesn't require image editing software to find. There is no difficult math involved, or math of any kind.

I salute you Didero in this crusade against the obvious, but...it's just not happening. No one can even guess what the goal of the puzzle is. I understand that it might seem solvable to someone that knows the answer, but none of usunderstand yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Does it require hex editing software?
    Does it require any software at all, or is it something in the picture that we need to solve?
    Is the answer "shifdrows"?
  • edited June 2010
    lol I googled this puzzle and got a link right back here.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    lol I googled this puzzle and got a link right back here.

It's recursion!
  • edited June 2010
    Is the answer
    360000p^2x^2
    ?

EDIT: I didn't read this post:
    There is no difficult math involved, or math of any kind.

Never mind that then.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.