You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

12346»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    ...yet :p
  • edited January 2010
    you keep checking the forums and blogs for news on the soundtrack or monkey island t-shirts and toys?
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2010
    You wear your "Ask me about Monkey Island" pin with pride (and you're puzzled on why nobody has asked about it yet)
  • edited January 2010
    You wish you had a bunch of monkey island badges.
  • edited January 2010
    ...you try to add more verses to "Monkey In My Pocket"
  • edited January 2010
    When you and a friend take two styrofoam swords at a toy store and start to insult sword fight.
  • edited January 2010
    When you and a friend take two styrofoam swords at a toy store and start to insult sword fight.

Ha! I would love to try that! If i had any friends who liked Monkey Island...
  • edited January 2010
    - You think up a fiendishly voodoo enfused plan every so often to finally make elaine your willing bride!

- You advertise latest state of the art game with high quality 3d graphics too your friends... LOOM! Aye!

- Ask the shopkeeper about each and every item individually before buying each one with peices of eight you earn from a circus. (Ensure you own a helmet)

- If someone asks to call you a particular name like Bob for instance respond "You shall call me Murray! I am the harbinger of your doom, and the forces of darkness shall look upon me as I stride through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike"

- Wonder why your grog O beer dosn't eat through the cup.

- You own every soundtrack from all previous games and listen to it 24/7 no matter what your doing. (Monkey island just makes the best life background music)

- You end your farewells with a "Wherever you go on sea or land you can't ever hide from largo leGrande"

- Tell your neighbourhood ghost hunter to stock up on that root beer.

- Act out major cinematic moments from each game every so often.

- When a friend wants a breath mint say "Here take one, in fact take the whole roll. Best 5 peices of eight you have ever spent"

- When its queit you can still hear the monkeys.... The monkeys are always listening...
  • edited January 2010
    - You think up a fiendishly voodoo enfused plan every so often to finally make elaine your willing bride! Nope...

- You advertise latest state of the art game with high quality 3d graphics too your friends... LOOM! Aye! YAY!

- Ask the shopkeeper about each and every item individually before buying each one with peices of eight you earn from a circus. (Ensure you own a helmet) YAY!

- If someone asks to call you a particular name like Bob for instance respond "You shall call me Murray! I am the harbinger of your doom, and the forces of darkness shall look upon me as I stride through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike" YAY!

- Wonder why your grog O beer dosn't eat through the cup.YAY!

- You own every soundtrack from all previous games and listen to it 24/7 no matter what your doing. (Monkey island just makes the best life background music) YAY! (so true)

- You end your farewells with a "Wherever you go on sea or land you can't ever hide from largo leGrande" on occasion

- Tell your neighbourhood ghost hunter to stock up on that root beer. No ghost hunters, but random people sometimes

- Act out major cinematic moments from each game every so often. More like always!

- When a friend wants a breath mint say "Here take one, in fact take the whole roll. Best 5 peices of eight you have ever spent"YAY

- When its queit you can still hear the monkeys.... The monkeys are always listening...And... YAY!

See above.
  • edited January 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    Ha! I would love to try that! If i had any friends who liked Monkey Island...

you can still do it and just confuse them plus you will most likely win since they havnt lerned any comebacks
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    you can still do it and just confuse them plus you will most likely win since they havnt lerned any comebacks

Or just go to the toy store and pick on random kids. :p
  • edited January 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Or just go to the toy store and pick on random kids. :p

'Sept match their fake swords with a real one! Muahahaha! Taste cold steel feeble styrofoam copy!
  • edited May 2010
    - When you cried at the end of Chapter 4 *shifty eyes*

I did that, woo I am a fan :)

-You Quote from the game, just for fun, and/or to annoy people.
    -You (are a girl) think Guybrush is hot.
    -You like to make a loud sound (preferably cannon fire), to clear your mind.
  • edited May 2010
    When your a guy and want to own a toy pony because it looks like Guybrush. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Ashton wrote: »
    ...you try to add more verses to "Monkey In My Pocket"

heeeeeey :p
  • edited May 2010
    When your profile pic on facebook for the past year has been Elaine.
    When you say "Murray?" every time you see a skull.
  • edited May 2010
    when you're hooked to the MI section of the TT fora even while a MI game is not currently being made by them!
  • edited May 2010
    Leonilla wrote: »
    When your profile pic on facebook for the past year has been Elaine.
    When you say "Murray?" every time you see a skull.
    I do that all the time. I'm not saying I see skulls all the time, Its when I see something in the shape of a skull.
  • edited May 2010
    Nosehair wrote: »
    -You have played four different editions of SMI.

(Okay, a little bragging here :D. My father bought the 16-color version in the early nineties. A few years later I bought the 256-color version. When the diskettes became corrupt LucasArts were nice enough to send me the Monkey Island Madness CD. And now I've recently finished MI:SE. That's four. Count 'em. End of brag.)

Yes, I've played all 4 as well!
    Syrynx wrote: »
    ~You're proud when people ask you how you met your husband/wife, and you can say that the reason you met was because the other had their favorite game listed as 'Monkey Island" In their online profiles.

~Your wedding cake toppers were sculpted to look like guybrush and elaine

~ The dog is named Guybrush.

Why do I know that is going to be my life 10 years from now. :p

Also, when you dress up as Elaine for Halloween, and you get really disappointed that everyone just thinks you're a generic pirate and you try and explain to them that you are in fact a well-loved Caribbean Governor. But no one gets it except for your friends who know of your obsession because you constantly talk about what Guybrush would do.
  • edited May 2010
    -You want an alarm clock that looks like a Pyrite Parrot.
    -You make your own Real Feast of the Senses Map :p
    -You like to explain to people that it's the mast of their ship.
    -You have Monkey Island as your Wallpaper.
    -You have printed a ton of Money Island to hang on your walls.
    -You want Guybrush to talk in your GPS.
    -You like it when people point at the map.
    -You spent all day (even at work) on the these forums :p
    -You put this :guybrush: in your signature.
  • edited May 2010
    -You want Guybrush to talk in your GPS.

Epic
  • edited May 2010
    -You hang out on a internet forum and create ridiculously meaningless threads.
  • edited November 2010
    When you're trying to work out which Monkey Island quote would make a good epitaph
  • edited November 2010
    pretty much all of your available messages on AIM are Monkey Island related.

- You toss MI quotes into conversations even if they aren't relevant.

-You spend a week trying to figure out if you can work an insult swordfighting mechanic into your D&D pirate campaign.

-When you bring up Monkey Island in a conversation about good stories in games and you let out a small squeal of fangirl glee when half the room responds with "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"
    (This happened to me last sunday with my new LARP group. We then proceeded to throw MI insults at each other for 20 minutes until the pizza delivery guy showed up.)
  • edited November 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    -You spend a week trying to figure out if you can work an insult swordfighting mechanic into your D&D pirate campaign.

Guilty. My Swashbuckler (Well, actually a Chaotic Good Aerialist Rogue using a Rapier, as 4e has no Swashbucklers) insults his foe when doing his extra Sneak Attack damage.
  • edited November 2010
    mgrant wrote: »

Haha, this happened to me too! I asked my group's DM to create an insult swordfighting skill for my swashbuckler character. (this is not a pirate campaign, but we have many varieties of characters.)

- When you say 'Pappapisshu' instead of 'Youch.' (Happened to me, but on purpose.) Edit: Oops, already here. But I didn't misspell it!

- When you notice something like this in on of your favourite video games. (This is LotRO, and yes, I am dressed like King Graham.)
  • edited November 2010
    Sarendor wrote: »
    Haha, this happened to me too! I asked my group's DM to create an insult swordfighting skill for my swashbuckler character. (this is not a pirate campaign, but we have many varieties of characters.)
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Guilty. My Swashbuckler (Well, actually a Chaotic Good Aerialist Rogue using a Rapier, as 4e has no Swashbucklers) insults his foe when doing his extra Sneak Attack damage.

It makes sense to have a snarky swashbuckler after MI, doesn't it? :p

My chaotic neutral female minotaur Fighter/Swashbuckler from the last campaign (another Stormwrack based pirate one) insulted her foes as well, but she was a warhammer/ battle-axe dual wielder so it was more trash-talk than anything else.

Now that I got tossed DM duties and my Bugbear Swashbuckler is a PC as well (and dual wields swords) I figured now was a good time to work out a good system for it. I've got everything except the damage worked out really. Just hoping my group doesn't shoot it down because it's homebrew content. I mean, they've all played MI, but a couple of the players are real sticklers for the rules.
  • edited November 2010
    - You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when you bring up the "You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when...." thread after some time

- when right after someone brings up "You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when...." thread again you have an uncontrollable urge to write something in it

- when you hate BTTF and Jurassic Park because you think instead of it they could be just doing one big happy new Monkey Island game

- when you think some computer game is good or bad only by comparing it to the Monkey Island game.

- when you laugh out loud anytime someone mentions ventriloquism.

- when you go to Zoo and tell your buddy that he has no idea what that snake has inside of it.

- when you think that Australians are ruthless millionaires.

- when you go to beach wearing dunce cap

- when you laugh in school during lecture on Marco Polo
  • edited November 2010
    ...when you spend several hours designing a Risk board. A valid one for playing, in fact.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm totally going to use that now.

-When you change your computer wallpaper weekly...and all your wallpapers are Monkey Island ones.
  • edited November 2010
    Well that's the second best Risk board i've ever seen.
  • edited December 2010
    -When you're ringtone is RAWK it's me Guybrush Threepwood mighty pirate!
  • edited March 2013
    When you call your girlfriend Plunderbunny (yes, I'm guilty of this :p )
Sign in to comment in this discussion.