Telltale expands, promising "two unannounced series"

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    Most notably! Congrats. :)

Hey, can you at least give a yes/no/probably answer to this question:
    Will we know what either of the new titles are by the end of March?

The shroud of no information is killing me. :(
    You won't know until five days before release. Telltale's trying to become Apple, you see.
    I kid! I kid!
  • SegSeg
    edited February 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    You won't know until five days before release. Telltale's trying to become Apple, you see.
    I kid! I kid!
    I call dibs on wearing the black turtleneck!
  • edited March 2008
    Are we there yet?
  • edited March 2008
    Hmmm, new licenses... the most logical conclusion is that they're probably cult comics BUT, if we want to have our little "what we'd love to see done" discussion I second the Tex Murphy comment, i'd also love to see the two sequels to Loom but that aint ever gonna happen *sad*. The fan made one just isn't the same.

Let me see, Lost is already being made by some other company as is the L&O series so they're out. To be honest I don't really see the point in any more games in that style, CSI is sort of about all you need for that crime solving genre (though I did like the questioning function in the last L&O game heheh).

WHOO WII! I'm eagerly anticipating more games for the wii. So far i've been rather dissapointed with the selection of games (mostly sport and shooting games ew) so i'm eagerly awaiting the chance to buy the new telltale CSI game, Alone in the dark/park (ahahah) and this other telltale wii game.. oooo mystery game.
  • edited March 2008
    Based on comments from the almighty dan connors from the past I would say:

1: It's similar to something like Sam & Max
    2: It won't just be a comic license, it has to have a built in gaming audience.
  • edited March 2008
    cult comics

What do you mean by cult comics?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Something less "mainstream" than, like, Spider-Man.

(eg Bone, Sam & Max)
  • edited March 2008
    palookaville......
  • edited March 2008
    patters wrote: »
    palookaville......

If it is a Fatboy Slim game, I'd prefer "You've Come a Long Way, Baby" era, I think.
  • edited March 2008
    jp-30 wrote: »
    If it is a Fatboy Slim game, I'd prefer "You've Come a Long Way, Baby" era, I think.

you are silly

palookaville27.jpg
  • edited March 2008
    now that's a lot of palokaville comics
  • edited March 2008
    they aren't mine they belong to a guy i know
  • edited March 2008
    they aren't mine they belong to a guy i know

You just stole them, put them in order, took a photo of them, and posted the whole thing on the forum, of a gaming company??!
    I do find that very hard to believe!

Sorry... I do that sometimes... :p

On the subject of licenses, I really hope that at least one of them is a funny one. We need more funny games, and you guys(and girls) at Telltale do it really well.
    If it's going to be something that already has a built in, gaming fanbase, then maybe we can hope for a Discworld serie of games?

Pretty please?
  • edited March 2008
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    You just stole them, put them in order, took a photo of them, and posted the whole thing on the forum, of a gaming company??!
    I do find that very hard to believe!

you forgot killed him first
  • edited March 2008
    you are silly

palookaville27.jpg

I'm seeing double! ;)

--Erwin
  • edited March 2008
    If they made a sequel to Day of the Tentacle, they'd have to hire back all the original voice actors. Personally, I can't get enough of Bernard.
  • edited March 2008
    Erwin wrote: »
    I'm seeing double! ;)

--Erwin

i believe that some are original prints and some are reprints or in different languages?

i think it is german
  • RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    Whatever new stuff TTG has in the works, it's probably going to be epic :)
  • edited March 2008
    Coming into this late, very late. I have to just say that I am very happy to hear that things have been going so well for you guys. (I heard about this when it happened, just now bothering to write something.. hey, I'm in a chatty mood)

I honestly had never heard about you guys (and ladies!) until the news that Sam & Max was coming under your wing. And I was overjoyed to hear that you were working with Purcell on the project. I have to say that I was a little itchy on how things would turn out at first, but not moments into the demo for the first game, and I was buying the first season. Telltale knocked Sam & Max out of the park, and improved that, and continue to do so with every episode. Season Two is fantastic, and I can really feel that you guys have hit your stride with the characters and setting, and the zany humor we all so love.

I anticipate these two unknown properties quite a bit, and I have confidence that Telltale will do a great job with them, even if they turn out to be something I am not entirely a fan of.

I think this is gushing fan post number five or so, so I will just end it quickly here. Keep up the great work guys, I love your interaction with the community, I love your eyes for detail and willingness to listen to what we have to say.

Forever yours,
    Tony.

P.S., see what I did there. It's a love letter... sigh, I know, I am lame.

P.P.S., Wild speculation on my part as to one of the new properties. THE TICK! Spooooon! (P.S.S? I can never remember)
  • edited March 2008
    It's P.P.S. Post Post Script- the script that comes after the script that comes after the script.
  • edited March 2008
    Hopefully it's Spy Fox
  • edited March 2008
    Spy Fox is a series of software for five to ten year old children
    -Wikipedia
  • edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    -Wikipedia
    Haha, yeah, it's definitely not Spy Fox. I'm guessing Freddi Fish.
  • edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    -Wikipedia

So?! They're still a freakin' amazing series of games! :D
  • edited March 2008
    Maybe we're finally getting a good Poirot adventure game...
  • edited March 2008
    So?! They're still a freakin' amazing series of games! :D

Yea, but the puzzles are to easy.
  • edited March 2008
    DAY OF THE TENTACLE 3 :D or a fullversion SAM & MAX GAME :D i can already feel it ^^
  • edited March 2008
    Yea, but the puzzles are to easy.
    Would you really want to give your five year old a game with puzzles designed for point and click veterans?
  • edited March 2008
    Would you really want to give your five year old a game with puzzles designed for point and click veterans?

i would but then again i am evil :D
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    ...and neither of the new licenses is Monkey Island. so stop asking :p

See that was what I was looking for, I knew it probably wasn't the case, but my mind was all like "Awesome some new Telltale games, what if one of them is Monkey Island, it's not Monkey Island, it could be, but it probably isn't, but what if it is?" Now I can stop wondering a just sink into excitement.
  • edited March 2008
    tredlow wrote: »
    Hopefully it's Spy Fox

nah, there's already someone else at it:

http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=2765&category=RonGilbert
  • edited March 2008
    Homestar Runner! Very unlikely though...
  • edited March 2008
    Homestar Runner! Very unlikely though...
    Well, Penny Arcade got a game...
  • edited March 2008
    I'm ferociously hoping for a Toybox series, with Suda & Ernie.
  • edited March 2008
    Well, Penny Arcade got a game...

I don't think the Brothers Chaps really want to going into gaming (except on their site). Doesn't seem like something they'd want to do. Then again, I'd love to be proved wrong.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    mish wrote: »
    I'm ferociously hoping for a Toybox series, with Suda & Ernie.

That would be awesome. I love the Toybox-themed cover that Purcell did for that issue of the "Storytellers" anthology book, with the raining coffins and stuff.
  • edited March 2008
    how about a hellboy game there is a new movie coming out soon so how about a game based on the character.
  • edited March 2008
    How about a PvP game? They've got a cartoon now, so there's your build-in voice talent right there.

www.pvponline.com

Eh? Eh?
  • edited April 2008
    I have discovered the introduction to the Homestar Runner game that Telltale are making for the Wii.

*wishful thinking*
  • edited April 2008
    Nice find. That video is a riot. Good way to start my day.
    I have discovered the introduction to the Homestar Runner game that Telltale are making for the Wii.

*wishful thinking*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.