Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

1789101113»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    But, I'm saying that because I have the lower price people are more likely to buy mine than Rather Dashing's... Also, $1.5 million is ridiculous for ANY comic book, regardless... even Sam & Max.
  • edited March 2010
    I remember hemming and hawing about picking up another hardcover. "Hmm. It would be nice to have one I can keep shrinkwrapped. But it might be the only hardcover someone else could have bought, if only I hadn't first."

Then I thought about that little empty space on my bookcase where The Age of S&M and The Effigy Mound might have gone.

... Yeah. That kind of cinched it for me.

Still, I don't blame anyone who bought a second copy. Especially for back-up purposes. I mean, barring the high, high unlikeliness of something like this happening again, what were the chances of one being lost to the ages via IED? That's just nuts.

Oh, and The Highway? No one's gonna take your offer seriously so long as Rather Dashing's slightly pricier one gets the sucker lucky buyer a pristine, shrinkwrapped copy of Surfin' the Highway. (Unless, of course, that mint condition has changed since I last checked. At which point I would ... still not take either of your offers! Tee hee.)
  • edited March 2010
    Do you mean the original or the reprint? I have the original with Steve's autograph in it and a little 81/250 on the first page, whatever the heck that means.
  • edited March 2010
    Do you mean the original or the reprint? I have the original with Steve's autograph in it and a little 81/250 on the first page, whatever the heck that means.

The reprint. Whatever's up with the number on your edition, it's intriguing (and cool). Unless someone here happens to know offhand, looks like it's time for me to research!
  • edited March 2010
    Oh, and The Highway? No one's gonna take your offer seriously so long as Rather Dashing's slightly pricier one gets the sucker lucky buyer a pristine, shrinkwrapped copy of Surfin' the Highway.
    It's true! For ONE EXTRA DOLLAR, you get a copy that has NEVER BEEN OPENED by human hands!
  • edited March 2010
    fine then, what if I sold it for $500 000? Much more reasonable. Im stealing all of Dashing's business!
  • OMAOMA
    edited April 2010
    I think I never mentioned my Surfin' The Highway copy number is:

Rather geeky number, heh :D
  • edited April 2010
    Hmm, i'm not sure anymore it shipped on April 16th, i got it around end of April/early May 09.
    When did you get this 1760?
  • edited April 2010
    2266 is mine! Muahahaha!
  • edited April 2010
    OMA wrote: »
    I think I never mentioned my Surfin' The Highway copy number is:

Rather geeky number, heh :D

*2^10 hugs* now you owe me something back. Something worth 2^10. Hmmm, where can we find something like that...?
  • edited April 2010
    Hardcover no, I got it in a Lucasarts compilation.
  • CP`CP`
    edited April 2010
    I've got numero 1447. I've been meaning to post my number for a long time.
  • edited April 2010
  • edited April 2010
    CP` wrote: »
    I've got numero 1447. I've been meaning to post my number for a long time.

just 110 too late for 1337.
  • edited April 2010
    YellowKing wrote: »
    Hardcover no, I got it in a Lucasarts compilation.

Lucasarts compilation? You have me intrigued as I only ever knew of it in the previous softcover and the reprint hard and soft covers.
  • edited April 2010
    jweir wrote: »
    Lucasarts compilation? You have me intrigued as I only ever knew of it in the previous softcover and the reprint hard and soft covers.

"When Surfin' the Highway debuted in 1995, the 154-page paperback sold for $12.95. A signed, numbered hardcover special edition was also released. With a second printing in 1996 the price tag increased to $15.95, and sometime in the late 90s the price skyrocketed as the book became increasingly harder to find. It now goes for a couple hundred dollars on eBay."

-Source
  • edited April 2010
    *hugs 1996 second printing edition*

Yup, $15.95 price on the back.
  • edited April 2010
    My local library has a beat up copy of the first printing. I was thinking about keeping it and paying the 15 dollars for them to replace it, but then I felt bad.
  • edited April 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    *hugs 1996 second printing edition*

Yup, $15.95 price on the back.

I've got that one too. :')
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    Unstickied?
  • edited April 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    Unstickied?

Well, they have sold all the hardbacks now for quite some time after all.
  • edited April 2010
    Also the opening post has a broken link.
  • edited April 2010
    it should stay stickied, i think.
  • edited April 2010
    Since fans like this list and there's now a need to maintain it, I started a wiki page for it. I've added the first page as a start and to show the syntax, so please add your own.
  • edited April 2010
    Dang I'm crazy; I just powered through the whole thread!
    Well, as I said, look here from now on for your owner-checking needs.
  • edited April 2010
    Yaaay I'm on the list twice.
  • edited December 2012
    Tell you the truth, the only reason I joined this forum (Website whatever) was to post my hardcover number, so that I can help make this list complete! My number is 2278. I had to pay for extra postage to the United Kingdom, so it ended up being quite an expensive purchase for me lol. Anyways, it was worth it though, the fantastic comic series that Sam and Max is, and especially since they are quite rare and hardly ever end up on Ebay, mwahahahaha :D
  • edited June 2013
    I bought a copy of the LE Hardcover S&M Surfin' the Highway on its first print run way back in the day. It's signed and numbered 235/250. But it seems the number sequence goes a lot higher than that on this hardcover numbering thread. It's my understanding that's the hardcover reprint?

If so, I don't see much discussion about the earlier 250 numbered first edition print run. Can someone help a guy out?

:cool:
  • edited June 2013
    Ah yes, I suppose you have the original 1995 edition. The numbers here are of the 20th Anniversary Edition published by Telltale in 2008. The main wiki page may be of some use to you.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.