The Walking Dead: 400 Days - DLC for Season One - JULY - release dates in 1st post

Comments

• edited June 2013
    That says July?
  • edited June 2013
    Look at the bottom in red.
  • edited June 2013
    Mikejames wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. My only worry at this point is wondering how they're going to flesh out five new main characters within the length of one episode, but I'm eager to see how it plays out.

That is my worry as well, but I have faith in telltale, and more than likely as well this will be longer than our average episode.
  • edited June 2013
    To me it says it says July, were did you find that and was it from Telltale or another site?
  • edited June 2013
    It came from Telltale's twitter.

Also speculation (SEASON 1 SPOILERS):
    - The cornfield could be the St. John's, the one that Ben/Carley/Doug come through to save you. Maybe the guy at 21 seconds could be Andy and this might be a St. John/Bandit conflict. Bonnie could be one of the bandits.
    - The gas station could be the one that Kenny said Duck got grabbed.
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks for telling me that, the amount of Easter eggs is pretty large, as they I thought the cornfield did look like the St. John farm and the gas station could be the Kenny story.
  • edited June 2013
    No problem, I'm thinking maybe Vernon's brother could fit in with this, and the man with Bonnie at 25 seconds looks familiar. It's kind of pointless to speculate this much but im excited about this a lot now.

Edit: The campervan in the video could be the one that ends up at the Motel.
  • edited June 2013
    I just thought of that, this small trailer already showed at least two easter eggs from the main games, and there will be plenty more and I will be happy at that.
  • edited June 2013
    Whoa, it's coming out next month?! Hell yes.

Now I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday!
  • edited June 2013
    Guess I'm back here on this forum for the next month hyping up DLC. Good memories on here while waiting for Episodes 2-5 lol.
  • edited June 2013
    Wow, this looks amazing!! I can't wait! :) Can anyone confirm whether it's supposed to come out in June or July? The posts confuse me, haha.

The walker at 0:43 looks like Officer Andre Mitchell, at least to me. It's hard to tell, though, of course, since he's a walker.
    And of course this has been pointed out but at 0:20 you can see two of the cancer survivors, the two 'extras' who had voice actors. (Guess we should have seen it coming!)
    At 0:38, the guy in the car does resemble Kenny. I put the YouTube video on the highest res and fullscreened - it could just be me seeing what I want to see but I think he looks kind of like Kenny. Or at least a guy wearing a hat.
    Russell's backpack says 'Russell' on it. That made me laugh.
  • edited June 2013
    It's out in July, confirmed on Telltale's Twitter on a promo photo.
  • OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Cant wait :D
  • edited June 2013
    I hope season 2 is still on track... I know this moment is dedicated to the DLC but it would be nice to hear a word on it soon.
  • edited June 2013
    The walker did look like Andre but it's always hard to tell when someone is a walker, and I did notice the walkers had more variation in appearance, which is always nice.
  • edited June 2013
    Haven't posted anything since shortly after season 1 ended. This looks AMAZING so far; i'm really hoping that every one of the 5 characters in this is somehow effected by a choice you made in season 1 as Lee. Hell, even if that doesn't happen i'd just love to see subtle nods to things here and there. Can't wait for July and can't wait for season 2 in the fall, i'm so stoked :)
  • edited June 2013
    Has anyone else noticed that Bonnie is wearing Carley's purple jacket and green shirt from episode 3 on 0:40?
  • edited June 2013
    Yes I did, and they showed the body so at least we will see are departed friend one last time, and that really was all I ever asked for after Episode 3.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Extremely hyped for the DLC. I also liked the presentation in the trailer. You guys outdid yourselves.

Well thank you! I wanted to try something a bit more muted and less extreme. And Jake then convinced me to go even less extreme than my original plan, and what we have is something nice I think :)
  • edited June 2013
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Well thank you! I wanted to try something a bit more muted and less extreme. And Jake then convinced me to go even less extreme than my original plan, and what we have is something nice I think :)

Oh my. You're the main man? Awesome work, you should consider releasing your original idea for the trailer after the DLC is released or something, I know we'd love to see it. and It's better than nice :D
  • edited June 2013
    I second this, I would like to see what your idea would have been, and I bow before the almighty Telltale gods.
  • edited June 2013
    That looks awesome and we are sure that we don't see Omid & Christa because of the timeline. The 1st scene remind me of season 2 from the tv series w/ Shane & Rick and also the farm with the others.

Seeing 2 of Vernon's group made me not so happy, but it seems like their plan didn't worked out that well even before and that had something bad hanging all over them. People thought that Lilly was "nuts" when she shoot Doug/Carley and got all the hate, but that guy who WANT to kill the person now that is nuts. That lady in the 1st scene and later in the video could be Lilly, but I think that is wishful thinking.... why should she cut her beautiful hair, but she does look so much like her. :D ;) But when you go from the part where they stopped at the train or when she got throw out there, it could work having not a long way.

Many of the scenes are close to the area where the "original" group was. St. Johns & the street.
  • edited June 2013
    I have a theory about the days who accompanied the Vine's videos for each characters... We are going to play each character during a specific day, the one related to their Vine's videos

We are going to start to play as Vince during the second day after the zombie apocalypse, starting to play as Wyatt during the 41st, etc... until starting to play as Shel during the Day 236 after the zombie apocalypse

That scene when Vince is in the bus... It seems that they are discovering how things are messed up.

At the contrary, the environment in scenes where Shel appears seems to be seriously "deteriorated"

It's the only explanation i can figure out about the mention of these days...

What do you think about this? (sorry for my bad English)

FoxxyFox : I'm sure it's not Lilly, it's Shel (check out the Vine videos published by Telltale on their Twitter account). But I agree, see her back would be cool :)
  • edited June 2013
    You know what Malkow, that would work very well, we start off on day 2 with Vince, we meet the next character and fast forward to that day and do that five times, the numbers would make since.
  • edited June 2013
    You know what Malkow, that would work very well, we start off on day 2 with Vince, we meet the next character and fast forward to that day and do that five times, the numbers would make since.

I thought about the idea of being able to play as each character on their numbered day that they are shown but I didn't think it would fit in very well since Russel Shel and Bonnie's are wwwaaaayyyyyyy after the events of Season 1 but it WOULD explain why the cancer survivor is seen in Bonnie's part looks like the boat was a no go and what he said is starting to add up to me. I just wonder how this will all tie into the grand scheme of things if we end it after day 230-ish.
  • edited June 2013
    I thought about the idea of being able to play as each character on their numbered day that they are shown but I didn't think it would fit in very well since Russel Shel and Bonnie's are wwwaaaayyyyyyy after the events of Season 1 but it WOULD explain why the cancer survivor is seen in Bonnie's part looks like the boat was a no go and what he said is starting to add up to me. I just wonder how this will all tie into the grand scheme of things if we end it after day 230-ish.

I guess a concern about Clementine, right :p ? It's right that such an outcome is not very optimistic for her... But what if she is seen as part of a member of the community that live in the gas station during the chapters of Russell/Bonnie/Shel?

Maybe the DLC would be divided in 7 parts

Day 2 : Vince chapter
    Day 41 : Wyatt chapter
    around day 100 : Interlude that explains how Clementine joins the "gas station - community" in which one Vince and Wyatt already live.
    Day 184 : Russell chapter
    Day 220 : Bonnie chapter
    Day 236 : Shel chapter
    Day 400 : A kind of climax scene with all 5 characters + Clementine /Start of season 2

I agree it's heavy for only one episode but this is the only outcome where Clementine would not be dismiss of the Walking Dead series i can figure out. And it don't really satisfy me :(
  • edited June 2013
    Malkow wrote: »
    I guess a concern about Clementine, right :p ?

Yeah kinda I don't know I wouldn't mind if Season 2 didn't have her. Let's face it they can only do so much with her and since the comics haven't finished yet there is no true way to say "she got a happy ending". There will be a point when her character cannot go on anymore weither it be by Telltale wanting to move onward or out of popular demand by fans. Honestly i'm fine if we do see her again but I don't know if she'll survive another season though.
  • edited June 2013
    I find that idea interesting but I am kind of doubting that is how it will play out. I originally thought there would be more character reveals up until E3 with say the last day being 400 and having Clementine in it but so far she's nowhere to be seen but honestly this has me stumped 400 days has to mean something.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    I second this, I would like to see what your idea would have been, and I bow before the almighty Telltale gods.

It wasn't any different shot-per-shot, modifications mostly involved the way I handled the titlecards. Previously I had done fancier, flashier transitions that included film-burn effects. By ripping those out and making the card transitions hard cuts instead, the game content seemed to feel more punctuated.

Additionally, I tend to use fade-to-black transitions in trailers and I wanted to cut back for this one. I ripped out most of those for this trailer. Only the character intros fade to black, and the body of the trailer uses hard cuts. You probably notice every movie trailer these days seems to cut to black and fade to black constantly, with an overbearing bass hit of some kind. Part of my job is making stuff that feels like it belongs in this decade without being quite that ridiculous.
  • edited June 2013
    I find that idea interesting but I am kind of doubting that is how it will play out.

I hope you're right...
  • edited June 2013
    Trailer was awesome,cant wait for July :D
  • edited June 2013
    I get more the feeling that at the end from Season 1, that Omid & Christa are the 2 people who find Clementine. I mean why should Clementine walk all the way back to the beginning, only to find that gas station? Most of us picked as Lee the words: "Always keep moving" or "Go to the Countryside" and not stay in cities or places like a gas station/motor inn.

It would be a step back when things would go that way.
  • edited June 2013
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/new-the-walking-dead-dlc-series-coming-to-ps-vita-with-bundle/
    This special episode will allow you to choose a character and play through each of their stories in any order, which are all centered around a truck stop on a Georgia highway. Some decisions you may have made in Season One will affect moments of 400 Days, and while we don’t want to give away too much yet, we will say that your decisions in 400 Days will echo into future installments of the series.
  • edited June 2013
    I haven't seen this asked yet, so I'm going to. As far as price is concerned, how is that going to work? Is it a 5-10 dollar add-on to Steam, the price of an entire season, is it free (I don't expect that, something like this seems like it would cost SOMETHING)? I understand if you guys can't talk about it right now, although at least a confirmation that we will\will not in fact be charged for it would be cool.
  • edited June 2013

This makes me wonder just HOW much choice is going to be in the DLC. Assuming that the DLC goes in the pattern as one episode in season 1, there'll be 5 "big" choices. My guess is that each of these five "big" choices will be distributed evenly among the 5 stories.

I can't see how these choices would affect season 2. Assuming that the two characters on the hill are already pre-determined, it looks like the big choices we make will make no impact on who lives, or who the two people on the hill are.
  • edited June 2013
    Telltale and TWD @e3 - is there more to come or was the PSV announcement it?
    I see telltale have a slot on Wednesday (3:00pm – The Wolf Among Us) but I thought they also had a slot penned in for today (11th?)
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    Can't wait :D
  • edited June 2013
    Alright, thats plain awesome. 5 Characters and 5 full Stories in One Episode which we can play as we want. Thats Fan Service at its best. You Guys better bring this out very soon :D
This discussion has been closed.