Dangeresque 3: Now available on PC and WiiWare worldwide!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
sbcg4ap104_nunchukgun.jpg

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 4
Dangeresque 3!
The Criminal Projective ... In 3D!

----

Release Date: Released!

----

It's here!
Check out some screenshots and the "next time on..." video from the Dangeresque 3 website!

Downloads!
Get two excellent Dangeresque wallpapers at www.dangeresque3.com

Get the game here!

The official description:
Move over, James Bond! Strong Bad's here to show you how it's done in his hand-crafted cinematic masterpiece, Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective. You play Dangeresque, a dirty cop in pursuit of a little action and several big sacks of cash. Can our hero stay alive long enough to defeat his arch-nemesis, save the world, and get the girl? Looks like he's gonna have to jump...

Comments

• edited November 2008
    If this doesn't have an optional red/blue 3-D Glasses mode, I will be very sad.
  • edited November 2008
    It's a-da nunchuck gun! I was wondering when he'd actually use that.
  • edited November 2008
    i've always wondered does it shoot bullets and the numchucks can be used seprately or does it shoot nunchucks?
  • edited November 2008
    It's obvious that it shoots bullets, but you can also beat people with it, Hi-yah.
  • edited November 2008
    Wow, next week?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    If this doesn't have an optional red/blue 3-D Glasses mode, I will be very sad.

It doesn't have red/blue 3D glasses mode, but don't be sad. The overall tone of awesomeness which coats the entire episode will make up for it, I hope.
    Wow, next week?

More info next week, including the release date. The date is very solid and pretty soon, though!
  • edited November 2008
    So, solve a bunch of puzzles to make strong bad and company look like they are doing cool action stunts? Neat idea, but I cant see how there can be 10 different puzzles of that without it getting repeative.

I also kinda hope that the episode opens like a movie, instead of with an email... I rather liked the random feel that brought to episode 3.
  • edited November 2008
    I'll waste the week with beating Snake Boxer 5 and HBO. Yes, those games are hard.

Math Kickers was easy. Make them that difficulty.
  • edited November 2008
    Wow, a thread about the next game already. Time sure flies when you're reading every SBCG4AP thread that's had a post in ages.
  • edited November 2008
    Well that's me chuffed to bits!

I've got a lot of hopes on this one and I'm sure it'll deliver.

-m0r
  • edited November 2008
    I should elaborate more, yes, I MEANT that it was a shock we'd have a release date next week.

Next week is my birthday. T'would be an amazing present to get information on this game then.
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    It doesn't have red/blue 3D glasses mode, but don't be sad.

Okay, I won't be sad.

I'll be angry :mad:
  • edited November 2008
    How 3-D can you get with this game?
  • edited November 2008
    "Coming November '08 to PC and WiiWare"
    The game is out tomorrow?! I know you told Gibbeynator earlier you meant info, but the thread title certainly implies an imminent release.
    edited November 2008
    '08 being traditional shorthand for 2008, being this year.
  • edited November 2008
    YAY! Nintendo owes us an early release date ever sense that one... Baddest of the Bands...
  • edited November 2008
    The Midtown Cowboys puzzle was easily the best part of Episode 101 of Sam and Max, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

One thing I would like to know is if this episode was made due to fan feedback, or if it's been planned all along due to it being such an obvious idea for an episode.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    or if it's been planned all along due to it being such an obvious idea for an episode.

That. The subjects of the episodes were decided before we even announced the series.

Don't forget, there are a lot of HSR fans at Telltale!
    edited November 2008
    Here's a post by me on another forum doing my best to answer that:
    BiggerJ wrote:
    Ja2ke/Atrus, just wondering: who originally brought up the idea of Telltale being the ones to
    finally make Dangeresque 3
    ? Telltale or the Brothers Chaps?

That's a good question. Early in production there were a few multi-day brainstorming sessions where the Chaps flew out to our office, and a ton of ideas were kicked back and forth there. (Those meetings were some of my favorite days working at Telltale, too, for what it's worth.)

I just went over and asked Mark Darin, the lead designer on the game, and to the best of our collective memory, the idea of doing
    Dangeresque 3
    as one of the episodes did just sort of grow out of those design brainstorms with the Chapmans. I don't think either group really came up with it.

A lot of ideas came up which used the various sort of pocket universes within the main H*R universe -- many of which are pretty tough to achieve on a monthly schedule or were hard to work into an episode without basically reworking every piece of art in the game and giving it no real grounding in the core H*R universe -- but
    Dangeresque
    kept coming up, both because
    Dangeresque
    is awesome, and because we could do a lot with the universe in the same way Strong Bad does -- by
    sticking cardboard boxes and tinfoil on everything
    and
    dressing up in hilariously inept costumes
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    '08 being traditional shorthand for 2008, being this year.

Oh yeah - durrr! I'm really looking forward to the Dangeresque episode. I think it could turn out to be the best so far.
  • edited November 2008
    www.dangeresque3.com

Do you have that in a bigger size I wanna make it my backround.

Edit: I can't get it to show up but, I meant the picture from the first post.
  • edited November 2008
    The Midtown Cowboys puzzle was easily the best part of Episode 101 of Sam and Max.

Wasn't that 102 in Sam and Max.
  • edited November 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Wasn't that 102 in Sam and Max.

Yup.
  • edited November 2008
    I just crapped myself by just looking at that pic.
  • edited November 2008
    I just crapped myself by just looking at that pic.

Sadly, I puked my pants from lookin at dat mess, dawgity snoop.
  • edited November 2008
    Estimating time of release: the 20th!
  • edited November 2008
    Estimating time of release: the 20th!

That's not a Monday...

I would guess the 17th, since it sounds like it's not coming out next monday, but the release date is "very solid and pretty soon".

I'm surprised Nintendo gave them this information so early; they must have sent in the game quite a while ago. I guess I'll work on getting a "green" scor on HBO while I wait for information; that game's really pretty challenging.
  • edited November 2008
    Crap. My calender says that the 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th are mondays...I need to find a better calend-d-d-d-dor.
  • edited November 2008
    This Is Very Cool IAm Get A 2000 Wii Points Card That Same Week Cant Wait To Play
  • edited November 2008
    Yep, either the 17th, or the 24th... (since the 10th has already been ruled out)

My money is on the 24th... Cause the 17th is when everyone is going to be wanting/expecting it to come out, and the previous episodes have all been (at least) one week later of our expected date.
  • edited November 2008
    Crap. My calender says that the 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th are mondays...I need to find a better calend-d-d-d-dor.

Are you sure you're not still looking at October? ;)
  • edited November 2008
    Looks fun. I just have one question.... In this episode do we play as Strong Bad, and try to make Dangeresque 3? Or do we play as Dangeresque, and try to complete Dangeresque's missions? It's okay if you don't want to answer this.
  • edited November 2008

Nintendo updates on Fridays too.
  • edited November 2008
    Dis monday or the next.
  • edited November 2008
    Probably the 17th.
  • edited November 2008
    I wonder if the game will be you trying to make the movie or actually being the dangeresque character?
    Also I hope this game doesn't use Dangeresque cliche's. They used the sitting in a still car and pretending to be moving Gag. And they reused coach Z's line "do I go now? Yeah Go go!" I hope they don't just re-use all the crappy film making gags they used in the first two. But Im confident they just used those old classic jokes for the trailer:D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    You play as Dangeresque. The movie has already been made.
    edited November 2008
    Yeah the game is the movie. Sort of. Yeah.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, does Strong Bad get a chance to stop filming and go to his house and play the new game?
  • edited November 2008
    What? You think Dangeresque isn't awesome enough to have his own Fun Machine?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.