Dangeresque 3: Now available on PC and WiiWare worldwide!

Comments

• edited November 2008
    I've only begun the game and fell down laughing at the bit with the bearshark, specifically the Frantics reference! One for Jenny and the Wimp!
  • edited November 2008
    I can't stop laughing about the part with
    Senor Cardgadge
    . I'm seriously still laughing!:D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    d3wallpapers.png

Wallpapers!

Two excellent new wallpapers added to www.dangeresque3.com . Explosion art from the site by me, and an amazing and ridiculously awesome poster by Ryan Jones, our concept artist. Widescreen and standard 4:3 resolutions available! Get 'em!
  • edited November 2008
    Pinkfreud wrote: »
    I've only begun the game and fell down laughing at the bit with the bearshark, specifically the Frantics reference! One for Jenny and the Wimp!

I'm glad someone else noticed... When the phrase 'boot to the head' was used, I was all set to get up and ask Mark if that was intentional, and then there was a reference to Jenny and the wimp and there was no point anymore :)
  • edited November 2008
    The sam and max refferance is great and i love the king of towns emotional scene.
  • edited November 2008
    Boot the Head, wow. I'm pulling out my Best of Dr. Demento CD now to relive some memories.

What the hell is it with Telltale and the penultimate episode of their series'? They always seem to hit it out of the park.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited November 2008
    Penultimate... that's my second favorite word!
  • edited November 2008
    I enjoyed the previous three a lot, but this one is so great so far!
  • edited November 2008
    Best... Extended... Play... Ever...

(So i like going ...)
  • edited November 2008
    This was by far the best episode. Especially with all the different places you can go!
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    d3wallpapers.png

Wallpapers!

Two excellent new wallpapers added to www.dangeresque3.com . Explosion art from the site by me, and an amazing and ridiculously awesome poster by Ryan Jones, our concept artist. Widescreen and standard 4:3 resolutions available! Get 'em!

Sweet, been waiting for these since the site went up! Now I just need to find time to play the actual game...

I'm facing a dilemma, though: I didn't have Wii Points for a while until this weekend, so I never got around to playing Ep. 3 (I have 3 & 4 now). Do I skip straight to the awesomeness that will be/is Ep. 4, or do I do them in order and make myself wait? Decisions, decisions...of course, having no time to play either because of thermodynamics homework doesn't help matters X_X
  • edited November 2008
    I noticed the typos too! That was kind of odd, considering it's never happened in any of the other games, to my knowledge. I also have a glitch where I'm still hearing Marzipan encouraging Credenza to escape the shark pond even after she's been kidnapped. Otherwise, this was a game of severe butt-kickingness. Oh, and the version of his office when he's asleep? Sam and Max only wish they had an office that dark and gritty. That place was gritty enough to sand your floors with! Man, that's an office that deserves to have Flint Paper living in it.
    I loved the Unsteadi-Cam work! I kept expecting Homsar to be the cinematographer, since I haven't seen him at all this episode, but it seems like Coach Z and Strong Sad trade off on that position depending on who's in the scene.
    I'm having a little trouble finding all the things to be found, though. So far all I've got is three bullets, one manual page, and one costume piece. I haven't figured out how to get the box off of the top of the wardrobe yet. I also missed gunchucking somebody, and I can't figure out who.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, it says that it's available for WiiWare, but SBCG4AP Episode 3 is still not out on the Wii...
  • edited November 2008
    But it is! It's all a mysteeeeerrrrryyyy.
  • edited November 2008
    No, it`s not.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Well, it says that it's available for WiiWare, but SBCG4AP Episode 3 is still not out on the Wii...

Nintendo Europe's certification process and WiiWare release schedule are a wholly separate group from the Nintendo who releases the games on WiiWare in North America. Nintendo of Europe is still looking at Episodes 3 and 4. Once they're through Europe certification they'll be released.
  • edited November 2008
    And cheers to the Idiocracy reference in extended play.....

(waiting to see how many people even get that.....)
  • edited November 2008
    yep maybe there was (WAIT WHERE WERE THE MISTAKES?) but this episode was tricky and the car part was REAL hard and my brother helped on the part when uzi shoots dadgeresque.
  • edited November 2008
    woo, even the walkthrough has a couple of typos. Time to get a new editor, telltale peoples.
  • edited November 2008
    i am pretty sure, that all the typos are on purpose...to keep up the no-budget movie flair.;)
  • edited November 2008
    Oh they had a budget... when you consider the sheer amount of chair and sofa cushions that change can hide under in the H*R universe, their budget could rival the one for "Transformers 2"

The change under the back seat of the gremlin alone paid for the top of the line VHS camcorder they used for filming!
  • edited November 2008
    that's a heckuva lot of quesos and pencil shavings! I hope SB broke even on this film!
  • edited November 2008
    Heh I love the concept art wallpaper, any chance of a character lineup? Would be great to see Renaldo, the buttons twins(?) and Perrrduuuuccciiiii.
  • edited November 2008
    What?!? No TGS minigame AGAIN?!?! There better be one in the last episode, how else am I supposed to (leagally) maul a bunch of teenage girls on a regular basis?!?!
  • edited November 2008
    You could always come up with one yourself? Like calling it...

"SPY GIRL SQUAD!" CHEERLEADER! SO-AND-SO! WHAT'S-HER-FACE! THE UGLY ONE!
  • edited November 2008
    you could always come up with one yourself? Like calling it...

"spy girl squad!" cheerleader! So-and-so! What's-her-face! The ugly one!

jibble! Jibble! Jibble! Jibble! Jibble! Jibble! Jibble!
  • edited November 2008
    Compy 386 wrote: »
    What?!? No TGS minigame AGAIN?!?! There better be one in the last episode, how else am I supposed to (leagally) maul a bunch of teenage girls on a regular basis?!?!
    Play episodes 1 and 2 again?

Get some notebook paper?
  • edited November 2008
    Get them to sign a waiver?
  • edited November 2008
    WeirdFish wrote: »
    And cheers to the Idiocracy reference in extended play.....

(waiting to see how many people even get that.....)
    Hehehe...I chuckled quite a bit. :D

(Hell, searching for "Idiocracy" was how I found this post ;))
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    We just got confirmation from Nintendo of Europe that Dangeresque 3 will be on WiiWare this Friday!
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We just got confirmation from Nintendo of Europe that Dangeresque 3 will be on WiiWare this Friday!

Could you please change the thread title so it says Dec. 5 instead of Dec. 3?
  • edited December 2008
    Woo!! On Sinterklaasdag!!!

Wow, what a coincidence. Tomorrow is the day the inspiration for Santa Clause comes to bring the Netherlands presents.

EDIT: By the way, there has been a short discussion on the HRWiki, but who did the voice-over for
    Craig
    ?
  • edited December 2008
    This episode had me in stitches! :D
  • edited February 2009
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    who did the voice-over for
    Craig
    ?

Mike Chapman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2009
    This thread is like 6 months old. Why did you resurrect it?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Eh? The thread's not even three months old, and he was answering a question that hadn't been answered yet. Not the worst forum offense I've ever seen. ;)

I'm glad Mike finally got to do a voice. For some reason that's one of the more hilarious things about this episode, to me.
  • edited February 2009
    Actually, in one of the (former) stickies, it has already been confirmed, when asked when Mike would ever do a voice, in which a Telltale employer has replied that Mike already did the voice of Craig. To top that, the Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective HRWiki entry confirms it.

Also, two months is still two months, and it's even two and a half months.
  • edited February 2009
    Oh right I forgot this site is American. I read the dates as 12 July 2008 instead of December 7 2008.
  • edited February 2009
    Oh right I forgot this site is American. I read the dates as 12 July 2008 instead of December 7 2008.

There seems to be a lot of confusion between the European DD/MM/YYYY and the American MM/DD/YYYY. I suggest a compromise and we go with the Japanese YYYY/MM/DD. Like the American order, it's month before day; and like the European order, it's in an order based on low large (or small) an interval of time is.
  • edited February 2009
    Or be able to set the order in your User CP would be nice.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.