The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• They're jealous.

Why are people i call friends such asshole keep calling me names even though they are jobless living on benefits at least i can afford things

• ‘Tis a thing called banter

Why are people i call friends such asshole keep calling me names even though they are jobless living on benefits at least i can afford things

• edited December 2018

Oh god, what happened to YouTube Rewind?

I remember when 2013 Rewind just came out. It was the first one I’ve seen and I was genuinely happy and excited. In the same year I started watching Pewdiepie, which generally brought me into the community and introduced to many other youtubers, I started watching videos everyday and YouTube meant a lot to me. Rewinds were exclusive back then. 2013-2015 versions are the absolute best because when you rewatch them, you’re being hit with nostalgia. You actually remember all those funny trends and how you enjoyed them. You recognize every celebrity, you love the music mashup. It’s so lively!

Starting from 2016, this whole thing started going downhill like crazy. But 2018... what can I remember if I rewatch it? How I’ve been eating shit the whole year?

What they included:

• Will Smith (???)
    • Ninja (who’s technically not a YouTuber)
    • TikTok
    • cringy Fortnite stuff
    • K-pop (despite the fact that YouTube robbed BTS of their views)
    • a ton of insignificant people
    • flossing tv show hosts looking dead inside
    • stupid challenges and trends nobody cared for
    • A FUCKING SUICIDE FOREST REFERENCE ARE YOU KIDDING ME
    • a tear-jerking speech
    • hypocritical attempt to “listen to what the people want”

What they didn’t include:

• Pewdiepie vs T-Series (literally the most epic thing going on YouTube)
    • many good old youtubers
    • MrBeast being a mad lad
    • memelords Dolan Dark and Grandday
    • Nyannyancosplay (the only good thing which came out of that abominable app)
    • actual funny trends
    • Stefan Karl Stefansson (the only real time when Youtube community showed how much everyone cares and wants to do good for people, united by one noble cause, but nah, let’s make a dumb speech instead)

This corporate machine is unforgivably detached from the audience now. What a shame. Boo. Only the animators did a great job.

The saddest thing is that rewinds keep getting longer and longer (2018 is more than 3 times longer than 2012) yet their quality plummeted.

• Roast them back. Make fun of how they’re on benefits.

• All you need is too much spice. Mods can’t handle that.

Ruger_556 posted: »

How do you get banned? Figured that'd be a fun thing to do lmfao??

• Hi everyone. I bought a cheese pizza and a pepperoni pizza from Dominos yesterday. It came out to $17.93. I gave the delivery guy $17.95.I didn’t tip him because I only had $25 on me. The pizza’s gone now but I wish I had more.?

• I submitted my Senior Year quote yesterday!

“Well, long story short, I got lucky. Real lucky.” - Kenny, the Walking Dead game.

• Ya might like this

Oh god, what happened to YouTube Rewind? I remember when 2013 Rewind just came out. It was the first one I’ve seen and I was genuinely ha

• That's great, I wish my school did that.

I submitted my Senior Year quote yesterday! “Well, long story short, I got lucky. Real lucky.” - Kenny, the Walking Dead game.

• MKXI trailer was horrible. MKX looked and sounded 600% better

• Well, it's just the trailer.

Dex-Starr posted: »

MKXI trailer was horrible. MKX looked and sounded 600% better

• edited December 2018

Not to mention it wasn't even actual gameplay and neither was the original MK10 trailer. Both are CGI. It's such a non-issue.

AronDracula posted: »

Well, it's just the trailer.

• I started playing Life is Strange, I’ve only played the first episode, but it’s pretty good so far.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited December 2018

True, but it's hard to feel hyped/pumped for an upcoming game when it's announcement trailer isn't all that good.
    @lupinb0y

Not to mention it wasn't even actual gameplay and neither was the original MK10 trailer. Both are CGI. It's such a non-issue.

What is your point? I'm comparing the announcement trailers of each game and I don't like this one at all. Where does it look like I said MKXI's going to be bad because its announcement trailer isn't as good as MKX's? It being CGI and not actual gameplay has nothing to do with anything. My point is: the announcement for their next MK game was bad compared to their last one. A lot of other people thought so as well. Keep in mind, neither I nor anyone else are judging the entire game that's not even out yet, JUST the trailer.

AronDracula posted: »

• YES. Keep it up. Wrap yourself in its essence. let it consume you. Become one with LiS. Your life will only get better from this moment onward.

I started playing Life is Strange, I’ve only played the first episode, but it’s pretty good so far.

• edited December 2018

I finished up the final War Story, The Last Tiger, for Battlefield 5. It has the best story out of the previous three and has some really fantastic voice acting and cutscenes which really makes me wish that they had dropped the War Stories thing and just based an entire campaign around this idea.

For those not in the know, in The Last Tiger you play a German tank commander towards the end of the war who has begun to question the ideologies that brought him this far. Despite the campaign lasting just about two hours it does a decent good job in portraying the internal conflict some of the characters go through and the choices they make with all of this culminating in a surprisingly powerful ending.

However, as with the previous War Stories, it's short length makes it so that you don't have enough time to really grow attached to certain characters when they inevitably meet their end. In terms of gameplay for the most part you'll be manning the tank as you battle against the US Army with you having to leave the tank a couple times to procure enemy intelligence or to take out enemy aircrafts with an AA gun.

Overall I thought it was very enjoyable and shows that DICE has still has some story talent, but they absolutely need to drop War Stories and go back to the ways of Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.

• Good to hear you personally liked it. I am not a fan of the game by any stretch of the imagination, as many here can tell you, but if you and others enjoy it, then that’s all that matters.

I started playing Life is Strange, I’ve only played the first episode, but it’s pretty good so far.

• You just couldn’t have let it been said that someone likes LiS without saying you don’t like it???

Good to hear you personally liked it. I am not a fan of the game by any stretch of the imagination, as many here can tell you, but if you and others enjoy it, then that’s all that matters.

• You would probably say the same with a game you didn't like that much. He wasn't offensive or anything.

You just couldn’t have let it been said that someone likes LiS without saying you don’t like it???

• He wasn’t offensive or anything.

Who said he was?

Ghetsis posted: »

You would probably say the same with a game you didn't like that much. He wasn't offensive or anything.

• I absolutely love LiS :)

PLS DONT HURT ME FOR SAYING IT

• I went to Gamestop two days ago looking to sell some junk and maybe get a game.
    They wouldn't take what I had, though.
    Considered various games, like Overwatch, Agents of Mayhem, and Life is Strange, before going ahead and getting Batman The Enemy Within. Hopefully, that motivate me to finally play Season 1.

• meh work was crap today boring and customers were miserable apart from a few who are regulars but being shortstaffed so close to chrismas is a pain

• I’m guessing because of the music they chose. Both MKX and MK11 used CGI in their trailer and it wasn’t even gameplay.

MKXI trailer was horrible. MKX looked and sounded 600% better

• edited December 2018

You really need to play The Enemy Within it's one of the best thing Telltale's made since Tales From The Borderlands imo,the first season is okay not amazing or anything but yeah,the second season really is amazing.

DabigRG posted: »

I went to Gamestop two days ago looking to sell some junk and maybe get a game. They wouldn't take what I had, though. Considered various

• edited December 2018

Haunting of Hill House. Episode 5.

WhatTheFuckICantSleep

• How is that show anyway? I've been told it's really good but I don't do too well with spooky stuff.

AChicken posted: »

Haunting of Hill House. Episode 5. WhatTheFuckICantSleep

• edited December 2018

I watched Overlord and I thought it was good. Really fun, entertaining and just teetering on the edge of being great. The main character Ed is really great and does an excellent job of being absolutely horrified at what he sees. There's also a bunch of really nice shots with a standout for me being a really cool one shot scene towards the end of the movie. The movie also plays around with a bunch of war movie tropes, especially with its characters. Everything is played straight but it doesn't take itself too seriously.

However, I really wish that they had pushed the weird factor even further. Also you don't really get to see the zombies too much which I found a little disappointing. Also aside from the main character, the other characters don't really get much development.

• edited December 2018

Shit that reminds me. I have a xbox copy of the first game I gave as a gift but they never played it, an xbox one in my room. Hell, I'm more likely to play that than to start Dishonored 2 which I've had stored away for 2 years.

Edit: God, the Batman game is still in it's original packaging. Poor neglected game

I went to Gamestop two days ago looking to sell some junk and maybe get a game. They wouldn't take what I had, though. Considered various

• Finally saw Inifity War. Was pretty good. I wish JL was as good as IW

• I get ya. I got switch from bagger, to cashier, to pushing carts, to working a service desk TWICE yesterday because of how busy it was. Better pays on sunday tho for that reason alone

meh work was crap today boring and customers were miserable apart from a few who are regulars but being shortstaffed so close to chrismas is a pain

• edited December 2018

Oh, I've definitely heard.
    It's why I went ahead and got Season 1 all those months ago. I just never got the chance to get started on the series before...you know.

@Zombiekiller3121
    Edit: God, the Batman game is still in it's original packaging. Poor neglected game

Yep, that sounds about right. Once time and space presented itself, Wolf just took priority.

iFoRias posted: »

You really need to play The Enemy Within it's one of the best thing Telltale's made since Tales From The Borderlands imo,the first season is okay not amazing or anything but yeah,the second season really is amazing.

• That's the disadvantage you end up with when you rush to even trying to get out there first when you were already haphazardly playing catchup to something that took years in questionable ways.
    It didn't help that they trimmed some of the original intent, which included backstory for Stepphenwolf and more ties to the villain everyone was expecting.

Finally saw Inifity War. Was pretty good. I wish JL was as good as IW

• Made my friend a tinder account without consent, but he’s actually for once condoning my actions, and I have a loooot off girls for him ? I’m an absolute saint, pls nominate me for assistant mod pls

• That's the disadvantage you end up with when you rush to even trying to get out there first when you were already haphazardly playing catchup to something that took years in questionable ways.

Honestly. They should release several other JL movies that lead up to the coming of Darkseid while introducing side heroes rather than giving them their own movie. Like honestly, do characters like Shazam and Cyborg need their own movies? Shazam already looks like a joke and I have no idea how a Cyborg movie would even work out.

That's the disadvantage you end up with when you rush to even trying to get out there first when you were already haphazardly playing catchu

• Im so glad the little kid in A Quiet Place got shredded. His stupid ass was told the toy rocket would be too loud, and that he couldn’t have it. When the girl takes the batteries out and gives him the rocket, his little mischievous ass took the batteries and put the back inside the toy. I felt soooooo relieved when that creature wrecked him.

• Hmm...maybe. Avengers or not, most people knew DC from the Justice League and/or superfriends outside of the big three/four.
    I'd say Shazam definitely needs his own space, though, having read up on some of his supporting characters and villains.

That's the disadvantage you end up with when you rush to even trying to get out there first when you were already haphazardly playing catchu

• If the giant space habitat like the one in Elysium was real and was floating outside of earth, would you want to live on it?

• Deja vu!

If the giant space habitat like the one in Elysium was real and was floating outside of earth, would you want to live on it?

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited December 2018

Uhhhhh.......huh? Ohhhhhhh. Yeah, I wanna know if people would trust living on a giant wheel in space

Ghetsis posted: »

Deja vu!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.