The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Anyone got any decent tips on how to make a PS4 stop being a little shit, and act a little more like it’s grandfather, ps2, y’know the console that didn’t require you to download a fucking game before playing it, yeah instant download advice would be great k thx bai

1. Put in Disc/Start Download.
    2. Take a 4-hour nap/8-hour sleep.
    3. Wake up.
    4. Download -- by your perspective -- was instant and you never needed to wait aimlessly.
    Melton23 posted: »

Anyone got any decent tips on how to make a PS4 stop being a little shit, and act a little more like it’s grandfather, ps2, y’know the conso

• Thanks? I’ll try to keep that in mind...

Dex-Starr posted: »

YES. Keep it up. Wrap yourself in its essence. let it consume you. Become one with LiS. Your life will only get better from this moment onward.

• A lot of people seem to overly praise Life is Strange, I think it’s a good game even though it has some flaws, but I wouldn’t go so far and say it’s the greatest.

Good to hear you personally liked it. I am not a fan of the game by any stretch of the imagination, as many here can tell you, but if you and others enjoy it, then that’s all that matters.

• edited December 2018

it deserves all the praise it gets ❤️ only people who hate on LiS are either totally emotionless or fans of old metal bands (except mrgraffio ofc)

A lot of people seem to overly praise Life is Strange, I think it’s a good game even though it has some flaws, but I wouldn’t go so far and say it’s the greatest.

• we're already living on a giant rock in space so i don't think a wheel would be too different.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Uhhhhh.......huh? Ohhhhhhh. Yeah, I wanna know if people would trust living on a giant wheel in space

• not instant but stick the console on rest mode it halves the time to download stuff make sure the setting fir stay connected in rest mode is on though

Melton23 posted: »

Anyone got any decent tips on how to make a PS4 stop being a little shit, and act a little more like it’s grandfather, ps2, y’know the conso

• I like LiS, it’s a good game, but it’s not perfect, it has its flaws.

sarahsenpai posted: »

it deserves all the praise it gets ❤️ only people who hate on LiS are either totally emotionless or fans of old metal bands (except mrgraffio ofc)

• Hey! I am a fan of old metal bands ???

• Hey I’ve been really inactive here and it’s kinda late to ask this but what do you guys think about God Of War winning GOTY? I was sure RDR2 would win so I’m surprised.

• Much deserved. All the GOTY nominations this year (God of War, Spider-Man and Red Dead) deserved their dues and I think everyone would have been fine regardless who won.

MegaXD posted: »

Hey I’ve been really inactive here and it’s kinda late to ask this but what do you guys think about God Of War winning GOTY? I was sure RDR2 would win so I’m surprised.

• I feel like the awards didn't make much sense, but I'm glad something else got to win besides RDR. It was hogging all the attention this year while there was so many other great games that came out too. It was sad to see Spider-Man not win anything.

Hey I’ve been really inactive here and it’s kinda late to ask this but what do you guys think about God Of War winning GOTY? I was sure RDR2 would win so I’m surprised.

• The greatest former basketball player in a video game of all time⛹️?

• Chloe Price is worse than Kratos from God of War.

• I mean, I'm not upset, I loved GOW, I haven't played Red Dead yet but it was definitely a good twist.

• Same. But it was fun to see all the triggered people in the comments

lupinb0y posted: »

Much deserved. All the GOTY nominations this year (God of War, Spider-Man and Red Dead) deserved their dues and I think everyone would have been fine regardless who won.

• Spider Man is such a good game It’s a shame it didn’t win anything, RDR won all the other categories lol

I feel like the awards didn't make much sense, but I'm glad something else got to win besides RDR. It was hogging all the attention this year while there was so many other great games that came out too. It was sad to see Spider-Man not win anything.

• It was surprising twist for me and apparently a lot people but I’m not upset, all of them deserved GOTY

AronDracula posted: »

I mean, I'm not upset, I loved GOW, I haven't played Red Dead yet but it was definitely a good twist.

• LMAO just matched with a girl on tinder told her i was at work as i am and tried to get to know her and she unmatched me wtf possibly either a 1nighter or a fake whatever move on i say and march forward

• i haven't played god of bore but chloe is the best and i love her.

Chloe Price is worse than Kratos from God of War.

• i should track down santa and see if he got my letter yet. swear if he didn't then he's getting a punch in the dick.

• Chloe is selfish, she blames all her friends and family for her problems when some of them were on her. If you save her over Arcadia Bay, she gives no fucks about her mother and other citizens and leaves the town with Max like nothing happened.

i haven't played god of bore but chloe is the best and i love her.

• The other day I played Super Mario Party with a friend. While we were playing he screwed me over a star and I got so mad that I actually wanted to hit him.

Is this what Mario Party does to people?

• pretty much yeah mario party can start wars i played it on the nintendo ds last time and there were more arguments than gameplay

The other day I played Super Mario Party with a friend. While we were playing he screwed me over a star and I got so mad that I actually wanted to hit him. Is this what Mario Party does to people?

• It was by far the maddest I'd ever gotten at someone over a video game which is hilarious.

pretty much yeah mario party can start wars i played it on the nintendo ds last time and there were more arguments than gameplay

• I am currently in the middle of writing a review of a TV Show or a Film of my choosing, I decided I was going to write a review on Bohemian Rhapsody. I went to the cinema with my school a couple of weeks back to watch it, and I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't think I would enjoy it as it isn't my type of film, but I went in and later left the cinema overly impressed by the performance of the actors who played Freddie Mercury, Brian May and John Deacon.

I never really knew of Freddie Mercury all that much, I knew of Queen, and to be truthful, their music didn't cater to my interests before I watched the film. But the film completely changed my view and opened my eyes as to how amazing Queen really were, and how special Freddie Mercury really was.

As I watched the film, I heavily empathised with Freddie, he had a fairly difficult life, and I feel so sorry that he had go through that.

I am far more appreciative of Freddie Mercury and Queen now, I can see the effect they had on the world, and how much they shaped the music industry into what it is today

• edited December 2018

chloe has an attitude because of everything she's been through. she wasn't selfish at all. she even wanted to sacrifice herself so everyone else could live, including her abusive stepdad. in the end it was max's choice to sacrifice her or not. aaand if max saved chloe and let acradia bay get what it deserved, it'd be totally cruel for chloe to do nothing but guilt max about how terrible it was that everyone else is dead. so they did the easier thing and left. but that ending went p quickly with no real dialogue so it's hard to say if chloe actually mentioned them. unless you read the comics.

Chloe is selfish, she blames all her friends and family for her problems when some of them were on her. If you save her over Arcadia Bay, she gives no fucks about her mother and other citizens and leaves the town with Max like nothing happened.

• After finishing thirteen years of schooling earlier this year, in about eight hours my ATAR score will be available. Wish me luck!

• Okay so I actually think LiS is an alright game (far from perfect but definitely not the worst thing ever). However, Chloe is nowhere near being a good person. She's not bad, or villainous or anything like that, but she's not a good person.

chloe has an attitude because of everything she's been through.

Being dealt a bad hand in life is absolutely no excuse to act like an asshole to everyone around you especially to family who are actually trying to help you and move past whatever tragedy that occurred.

she wasn't selfish at all.

She is absolutely selfish. In the first game she gets mad at Max for picking up a phone call from a severely depressed friend (who can commit suicide because of this choice) and later attempts to steal funds from the school to pay off her debt with a drug dealer. These two aren't the only cases, throughout the main and prequel game there are moments where she clearly does things for her selfish reasons.

she even wanted to sacrifice herself so everyone else could live,

I agree that her willingness to sacrifice herself is heroic in a way but she already kinda had a lack of self preservation long before the end. I mean, she can literally die in every episode of the main game.

including her abusive stepdad.

I wouldn't consider her stepdad to be abusive. A big headed asshole? Sure. Abusive? Nah.

if max saved chloe and let acradia bay get what it deserved,

How does a town full of civilians deserve total annihilation because of a handful of bad people?

(Spoiler)

• Preach it

Okay so I actually think LiS is an alright game (far from perfect but definitely not the worst thing ever). However, Chloe is nowhere near b

• Life is Strange spoilers everywhere.

• I am feeling very appreciative of the people in my life at the moment so I just wanted to drop in and just say thank you to the people who are friendly to me here on these forums, your kindness does a lot for me, and although I am a bit of a moody person, it does make me feel good knowing that there are kind respectful people on here who are chill with me, so thank you guys for that. I know this is a bit of an odd message to share, but like I said, I appreciate the people who I have by my side :smile: :heart:

• edited December 2018

I think the problem I've noticed in those Chloe arguments is that supporters and detractors get caught up in a sympathy debate and confuse it for empathy. Chloe has a lot of reasons that explain her actions and they aren't that divorced from how she's shown in game (as opposed to Max letting a dog get run over by a car in one choice). I'd say the bad hand she was dealt makes the bad attitude make sense.

I wouldn't consider her stepdad to be abusive. A big headed asshole? Sure. Abusive? Nah.

David is abusive in that he uses the wrong approach with Chloe, and is too arrogant to be flexible to serve his step-daughter's emotional needs. Callously hurting someone else's emotional state, even if you feel in the right, is abuse. An asshole is characterized by an inclination towards abusive behavior no matter how far they actually go.

It can be a problem with military parents in that the military seeks to enlist already strong people and apply pressure to shape them to serve the military's purpose. It conditions, it doesn't nurture (not in the conventional sense anyways) and that mindset is less effective in parenting as the goal is to encourage the child's own emotional development (since not all children have the temperament of a soldier).

Okay so I actually think LiS is an alright game (far from perfect but definitely not the worst thing ever). However, Chloe is nowhere near b

• edited December 2018

I'd say the bad hand she was dealt makes the bad attitude make sense.

Yeah it makes sense why she would act that way considering her age but it doesn't make it any less aggravating. Just because she's suffered doesn't mean that others should suffer as well. Yeah sure at times you can forgive her behaviour but then there are moments like I mentioned where it's just her doing things for her own personal reasons (stealing money, a gun, that shirt, etc).

David is abusive in that he uses the wrong approach with Chloe, and is too arrogant to be flexible to serve his step-daughter's emotional needs.

I think this kinda depends on which game considering David in Before the Storm might as well have been a different character because he pretty much spends the whole game doing exactly that. He shares a story of his own tragedy to Chloe in order to get her to understand she isn't the only one that's gone through that kind of pain and actively tries to improve their relationship. He feels more done with her 'rebel without a cause' behaviour in the main game since he's so used to it at this point.

It can be a problem with military parents in that the military seeks to enlist already strong people and apply pressure to shape them to serve the military's purpose.

I never got that idea from him while playing. Felt more like he was just trying to get Chloe's act together what with her going down a path of self destruction. I felt like he was legitimately trying to help, albeit in an asshole-ish manner with all that yelling and whatnot (also the slap was uncalled for). I didn't see it as him forcing her to become strong.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I think the problem I've noticed in those Chloe arguments is that supporters and detractors get caught up in a sympathy debate and confuse i

• The release date for Metro: Exodus gets nearer and nearer. I can almost taste it.

Licks lips

• edited December 2018

a grown man hitting a girl then saying she deserved it is def abuse. idgaf if he has pms from fighting in iraq or whatever it's still no excuse.
    and it's totally unfair to blame chloe for being annoyed at max for taking kate's call. anyone would get annoyed if they're hanging with their bff they haven't seen in 5 years and they suddenly decide to start talking on the phone. it only seems esp bad to you because you have all this additional information about kate being depressed and suicidal that chloe didn't know about. and she even tells max later that she's glad max took her call after she found out about kate, if i'm remembering it right.
    idk wtf you're talking about with this whole "lack of self preservation" bs. she just has bad luck, but in no way does she not care about her life or want to die or anything. just look how terrified she is during the scene she gets her boot caught in the train tracks. it's a huge selfless act for her to sacrifice herself at the end to save a bunch of people who don't deserve it.

• a grown man hitting a girl then saying she deserved it is def abuse. idgaf if he has pms from fighting in iraq or whatever it's still no excuse.

It's a determinant outcome and while I agree that the action is a form of abuse and that violence should not be a solution to a problem, David as a whole is not an abusive character. He's a paranoid asshole yes but he is not an abusive person.

it's totally unfair to blame chloe for being annoyed at max for taking kate's call. anyone would get annoyed if they're hanging with their bff they haven't seen in 5 years and they suddenly decide to start talking on the phone.

It absolutely is fair. It doesn't matter if you haven't seen someone in a week, a month, a year or a decade.You shouldn't be mad at someone for picking up a call especially if it could be important (it's another issue if they are constantly doing it). Just because you are there doesn't mean they have to put all of their attention on you.

idk wtf you're talking about with this whole "lack of self preservation" bs.

I said this as more of a joke considering she can die in every episode. But she does get herself into a number of situations that can get/do get her killed.

it's a huge selfless act for her to sacrifice herself at the end to save a bunch of people who don't deserve it.

I agree that what she does at the end is heroic. Again, why does an entire town filled with people deserve total annihilation because of a handful of bad people?

(Spoiler)

• edited December 2018

everything is determinant. it's a choice based game. you can even romance warren if you're a particularly sick individual.
    the fact you can step in before he decides to smack his step daughter around doesn't make him less of an abusive pos. similar thing happens in BTS if you refuse his photo, but it's joyce who stops him before he gets violent. irregardless, he's still constantly emotionally and mentally abusive.

a grown man hitting a girl then saying she deserved it is def abuse. idgaf if he has pms from fighting in iraq or whatever it's still no exc

• edited December 2018

Cheese and Rice--I'm deliberately skimping past this in case I actually decide to watch or even play that game instead of just watching E;R's video, but man!

EDIT: Also, a abusive man named David getting defended--go figure.

• So my neighbour left their sink on by mistake and flooded their apartment and part of the hallway... and the water also managed to reach most of my bedroom and part of the guest room.

Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.