The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Nice to see that devs are still supporting the N64.

Seriously though, what the fuck even is this port.

• Welp. The carpet floor in my apartment has to be entirely removed. I'm gonna have to be staying at a hotel for a couple of days. The apartments insurance will cover all the repair costs. Supposedly.

• i went back and edited my posts with spoiler tags now you have to play it ? don't watch it because it's based on choices so it won't be the same i think. and start with the farewell prequel. then play BTS. then finish with LiS. i haven't heard anyone who played that order their first time so you'll be my guinea pig. but it might ruin your experience because you won't get all the refs in the prequels until you finish the game so let me know if that happens.

DabigRG posted: »

Cheese and Rice--I'm deliberately skimping past this in case I actually decide to watch or even play that game instead of just watching E;R's video, but man! EDIT: Also, a abusive man named David getting defended--go figure.

• finals week was hardcore ???

• edited December 2018

I
    Am
    Done all my exams! Wooo!!

And what do I do to celebrate? Well, go to Montréal with a few friends for the day just to go see a play we enjoyed reading this semester, of course!
    Yep. I go at 6:00am, getting there by train for noon, leaving there by 7:00 and coming back home by 1:00am. Oooh boy.

• Apparently somebody stole 30+ copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 and is now selling them, meanwhile spoilers are beginning to pop up... Oh well, not like reading them will hurt my experience, since they probably won't make even the least bit of sense. Also Goofy dies for real this time, rip.

• In Dark Soul 3, I was stuck at the Pontiff Sulyvhann boss, died like 8 times, took a break from the game a few days later and then when I returned, I killed the boss in one go. WTH

• Is there, like, a collection out there? Cause I honestly don't give too much of a shit beyond basic curiosity.

sarahsenpai posted: »

i went back and edited my posts with spoiler tags now you have to play it ? don't watch it because it's based on choices so it won't be the

• Jeez Louis, wtf?

MichaelBP posted: »

Apparently somebody stole 30+ copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 and is now selling them, meanwhile spoilers are beginning to pop up... Oh well, not

• edited December 2018

Apparently the guy got apprehended so at least there's that. Guy used his real name, number and location on Facebook to try and sell the copies for $100 each.

Apparently somebody stole 30+ copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 and is now selling them, meanwhile spoilers are beginning to pop up... Oh well, not

• Welp the carpet floor has been entirely torn out and I've temporarily moved into a hotel with no wifi access. The only reason I'm able to type this is because I went back to my apartment to use the internet.

• I just had a cold hot cocoa... so essentially, a chocolate milk. ☕❄

• i am so annoyed right now planning to enjoy a day off and get called in to work im already having to work christmas day boxing day and new years because i work in a petrol station

• Those of us who need to keep our cars running on holidays appreciate your sacrifice! :)

i am so annoyed right now planning to enjoy a day off and get called in to work im already having to work christmas day boxing day and new years because i work in a petrol station

• Silence is a valid option :)

WarpSpeed posted: »

Those of us who need to keep our cars running on holidays appreciate your sacrifice!

• Everyone is dead, fuck. January 29th can't come soon enough.

• I heard that too. Good. I think I read that he was apparently involved in some illegal/shady in the past too.

lupinb0y posted: »

Apparently the guy got apprehended so at least there's that. Guy used his real name, number and location on Facebook to try and sell the copies for $100 each.

• Damn

Everyone is dead, fuck. January 29th can't come soon enough.

• I am in the process of filling in Christmas cards for tomorrow. I want to show my appreciation and care to everyone this Christmas, so staying up late to fill in each and every card is a small sacrifice to make. I just hope it doesn't come off as cringey or weird to the people I am giving the cards to.

• edited December 2018

For those who care (or remember) of the game Dreams [Media Molecule - LittleBigPlanet series]
    We might be getting a Dreams Beta Announcement very soon.

They've said in the past that it'll come before the end of the year, but with no sight of them at the Game Awards, time is running short before they go on vacation.

• For when you just can't decide if you'd rather play Back To The Future or Monkey Island.

• I just spent the entire day up at Best Buy with my mom. Her brand new work computer, not two days old, had a corrupt operating system. Not only did this prevent her from logging in, she was at risk of losing damn near everything on it. She's an interior designer, so all her designs, her projects, all of that was at risk of being lost, and the two people she spoke to at HP support hung up on her. We took it to the Geek Squad, and at one point, we had one person from Microsoft and one from HP on the phone trying to figure this thing out. At this point, my mom is crying because she's worried of losing everything and can't get any work done (she already lost 5 days of work because she needed to transfer everything from her old computer to this new one). The computer was asking for something called a BitLocker recovery key, which should be attached to her Microsoft account and paperwork associated with the computer, but we can't find it. Microsoft is blaming HP, and HP is blaming Microsoft, and after hours of trying to figure this thing out, the guy at Microsoft says he can get us this key, at a $100 charge, for something that wasn't supplied with the computer and should have been. At that point, Best Buy offered to give her a new one for free, and thankfully, she still had her old laptop, so they're going to transfer it again, free of charge, and prioritize it above all else.

Long story short, screw HP and Microsoft.

• BitLocker is Microsoft's built-in version of full disk encryption. If the computer came with that enabled, it absolutely should have included the recovery key.

If the new computer is also encrypted with BitLocker, make sure you get the key and keep it in a safe place.

I just spent the entire day up at Best Buy with my mom. Her brand new work computer, not two days old, had a corrupt operating system. Not o

• The thing is though that it didn't. Even when we accessed my mother's account, although it said BitLocker was turned on and enabled, there was no actual key that we could find.

WarpSpeed posted: »

BitLocker is Microsoft's built-in version of full disk encryption. If the computer came with that enabled, it absolutely should have includ

• I finished playing LiS and I throughly enjoyed it.

• Nice to hear.
    Don't know if I'm playing it myself, though.

I finished playing LiS and I throughly enjoyed it.

• Aw yeah the insurance will be paying for my dank ass carpet.

• Nice...

lupinb0y posted: »

Aw yeah the insurance will be paying for my dank ass carpet.

• edited December 2018

Just wanted to remember the anniversaries of some media favorites of mine, those which I hold in high regard:

Code Lyoko's 15th Anniversary. Lyoko fan 4 life. I will always remember this show.

Pixar's Finding Nemo (15th Anniversary) one of my fav CG films and have seen it so many times I can recite scenes verbatim.

The short lived Tremors The Series (15th), despite some effects, it was a series I've come to appreciate and feel it was given a poor hand by executives. Glad to have it on DVD.

And last but not least, one of the great superhero movie sequels: X2: X-MEN UNITED.

"How long has it been? Fifteen years?" - Stryker.
    Exactly since May. So I'm a little late. But better that than never. X2 really upped the ante. It's a shame at what could have been the third entry. Believe me, I feel I will never let that go.

But still a HUGE fan of X2, it's predecessor and First Class + Days of Future Past.

Plus 40th Anniversary to John Carpenter's Halloween.

• Code Lyoko's 15th Anniversary. Lyoko fan 4 life. I will always remember this show.

Wow, thanks for that mini nostalgia trip right now. That was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, but I hadn't actually thought about it for years until I saw your comment. Now all those memories are coming back to me and I'm reminded how awesome it was. I almost kind of want to go back and rewatch it again. Probably not as good as I remember it, but I'm sure I can still get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

MaconMajr posted: »

Just wanted to remember the anniversaries of some media favorites of mine, those which I hold in high regard: Code Lyoko's 15th Anniversa

• Went to take a test in the state capital today. Pretty sure I passed, given I was above the middle of the scale..

• Code Lyoko's 15th Anniversary. Lyoko fan 4 life. I will always remember this show.

Oh shoot, really? Dang.
    One of those shows I initially didn't watch, but would listen to the theme music(a good while before they included the lyrics, for whatever reason) until I decided to actually watch it one day.
    Good show, although watching the first episode again either earlier this year or sometime last year was a little awkward.

Just wanted to remember the anniversaries of some media favorites of mine, those which I hold in high regard: Code Lyoko's 15th Anniversa

• That was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid

Is that so? Interesting when it began airing on Cartoon Network on 2004, I was already graduated from high school.

Now all those memories are coming back to me and I'm reminded how awesome it was. I almost kind of want to go back and rewatch it again.

Then by all means, Youtube has the whole series. Despite it being somewhat predictable, I still enjoyed the characters, the virtual world and the dynamics that take place in both worlds.

Code Lyoko's 15th Anniversary. Lyoko fan 4 life. I will always remember this show. Wow, thanks for that mini nostalgia trip right no

• I initially watched the first season, and when it ended, I felt ho-hum. But upon hearing about it's second season, my excitement showed the show really got to me.

Also, like when I saw the first X-Men movie in 2000. After finished seeing it in theaters, I felt alright and normal. But when it aired on TV a year or so later, I was super eager to see it.

It's like a delayed reaction or interest, where upon seeing it again, brings out the realization that what you saw was pretty good.

DabigRG posted: »

Code Lyoko's 15th Anniversary. Lyoko fan 4 life. I will always remember this show. Oh shoot, really? Dang. One of those shows I ini

• I have officially graduated! Now only a couple more months before I can start my Masters!

• edited December 2018

I don't know what Code Lyoko is but this guy is right about the series' availability.

Youtube has the whole series.

Code Lyoko Official English YouTube Channel. It includes Episodes 1-95 plus some XANA episodes and the soundtrack to the show.

That was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid Is that so? Interesting when it began airing on Cartoon Network on 2004, I was al

• But still a HUGE fan of X2, it's predecessor and First Class + Days of Future Past.

No one talks about them much anymore, but they are great. First Class is such a joy to watch.

• edited December 2018

Where's my Air Buddies reboot?

I dropped off at the third movie, Space Buddies, and four more sequels and two spin off movies have been released with the last being in 2013 so I sadly have not kept up with the Air Bud lore. I think the series got way too out there when they went to space but now I hear they eventually become super heroes, so I think a reboot would do the franchise good to attract a newer audience for this generation.

It doesn't even need to be a reboot, maybe they should just do a sequel ala Days of Future Past where they time travel. They could easily retcon some things and even bring in new actors for the pups. Maybe even change the dogs to be different breeds to add some diversity. They should also think about going back to the roots of the franchise. Just have them be "remakes" of the original Air Bud movies but have the kids be the stars.

I haven't seen the original Air Bud movies but I think it'd be nice for the older fans of the series. Start with the Buddies playing basketball and move on from there, then when the sports fever eventually wears off they can go back to doing the goofier more out there ideas.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.