The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Damn its been a minute

• You probably shouldn't've looked back.

Damn its been a minute

• Ahh, yes. Do as I say, not as I do.

DabigRG posted: »

You probably shouldn't've looked back.

• Yeah, the monkey's mistake.
    How ya doin there, Ellie?

Ahh, yes. Do as I say, not as I do.

• f u c k i n g hyped

Yeah, the monkey's mistake. How ya doin there, Ellie?

• More or less what I would expect. :smiley:
    Btw, is she running from a fuckin cult or sum'in?

f u c k i n g hyped

• Indeed she is.

More or less what I would expect. Btw, is she running from a fuckin cult or sum'in?

• hi mommy

Indeed she is.

• hnngggMMMMM

hi mommy

• Ah, A classic Clementine line.

Ahh, yes. Do as I say, not as I do.

• Fuck yes, she has Luke's machete.

f u c k i n g hyped

Fuck yes, she has Luke's machete.

• edited January 2020

I'm kinda mad right now. I listened to ANF's record album and they don't have the prescott music, labled "Javier in Prescott" on spotify, on the album. That was my favorite soundtrack from the game. I listened to it front to back and they didn't have it on the album. WTF.

Oh well they still have the Ericson's theme on the TFS album.

Fuck yes, she has Luke's machete.

• Okay, haven't been keeping up with what's been going on since whatever that other survivors trailer was about last year.

Indeed she is.

• Okay, folks. Final art update. This is as good as my self-drawn avatar is going to get.

I've made a selection of 4 variants. Tell me which one you like the most!

1. NORMAL

2. +Nervous Sweat

3. +'Under the Spotlight', Nervous Sweat

4. +Shaking, Nervous Sweat

OMG I DID IT. IT ACTUALLY LOOKS GOOD.
    Windows' default art programs were hellish to edit with (due to being so simple I guess... undo was my friend, but it could only go so far) and I persevered and made something pretty good out of it. I'm proud. It's 2am and I expected to be in bed 2 hrs ago, but I guess time flies when you're having fun.

• Good morning everyone, Just checking in to start the day.

• That is one delicious looking chicken .😋

AChicken posted: »

Okay, folks. Final art update. This is as good as my self-drawn avatar is going to get. I've made a selection of 4 variants. Tell me whic

• Guys, he forgot number 5!

Okay, folks. Final art update. This is as good as my self-drawn avatar is going to get. I've made a selection of 4 variants. Tell me whic

• 🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗

Guys, he forgot number 5! (Spoiler)

• She's hiding from all the fans angry about the delays

f u c k i n g hyped

• I am very grateful and happy to have the job that I have, but working night shifts from 5pm until about 5-5:30am is not fun, especially for a morning person like me.

• RE2 : Mode CJ vs Big Smoke

• I don’t mind Night shifts but considering yes there’s not much people but what really concerns me more is the creeps and weirdos that come popping in the night .

I am very grateful and happy to have the job that I have, but working night shifts from 5pm until about 5-5:30am is not fun, especially for a morning person like me.

• I should have mentioned that I'm working at an Amazon facility with thousands of people working, regardless of what time of day it is.

I don’t mind Night shifts but considering yes there’s not much people but what really concerns me more is the creeps and weirdos that come popping in the night .

• Now this is going to be kind of controversial in the sense but how does it feel in your personal experience working Jeff Bezos ?

Considering the controversy stuff what’s going on with Amazon ...of course?🤔

I should have mentioned that I'm working at an Amazon facility with thousands of people working, regardless of what time of day it is.

• I'm surprised Izuku didn't post this.

RE2 : Mode CJ vs Big Smoke

• man fuck what happened to kobe and his daughter. i've been sad as shit ever since it happened. i hope they're resting in peace.

• Well considering he's in Seattle and I'm working in New Jersey and I have never met him, I can't say I have an opinion of him, especially since this is only my 2nd week.

As for controversy, you're going to have to be more specific in regards to that, because I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Now this is going to be kind of controversial in the sense but how does it feel in your personal experience working Jeff Bezos ? Considering the controversy stuff what’s going on with Amazon ...of course?🤔

• As someone who only watches the Super Bowl every year for the creative ads, I am offended that companies are now not only releasing teasers for their ads, but sometimes even releasing the whole ad online before the big game.

My annual tradition, ruined!

• I cant wait for the Wolf Among Us Remaster

• edited January 2020

Nice meme, but that movie's sequel sucked (and came out 6 years after the original) so you've officially cursed TWAU Season 2

Poogers555 posted: »

I cant wait for the Wolf Among Us Remaster

• Looking scrumptious my man.

• The paycheck for what I’ve heard Amazon wages were low, but I heard at lest their employee's at lest are getting better paid composited to Walmart .

Well considering he's in Seattle and I'm working in New Jersey and I have never met him, I can't say I have an opinion of him, especially si

• edited January 2020

Jokes on your Patrick Warburton doesnt appear on the listing on the poster even though he is the only good thing about it, meaning Wolf 2 will be ok because Hoodwink'd too doesn't acknowledge the Wolf so moral of the story is dont say that oh god oh fuc

Nice meme, but that movie's sequel sucked (and came out 6 years after the original) so you've officially cursed TWAU Season 2

• You're working at a amazon facility I ordered a VR headset from that I was excited to play TWD Saints & Sinners with, but just figured out it won't work with my computer until I get a new motherboard.

Welp, back to Dead Island it is.

Well considering he's in Seattle and I'm working in New Jersey and I have never met him, I can't say I have an opinion of him, especially si

• I want to establish that Hoodwinked! is one of the greatest films of all time and would have been better if the Weinstein Company (as if you didn't need more of a reason to hate them) didn't mess everything up, giving us bad animation. If it had Shrek-level animation it would be more beloved; the script is witty, clever, and it's a funny movie.

• edited January 2020

I’m a salaried employee, but based on what I do know, wages are fine and the benefits offered by the company are great (health, dental, and vision insurance are included, various others are offered like auto, life, and home/renters, as well as matching 401(k), maternity leave, and various other areas of support and assistance for individuals and families). For the hourly associates, your pay will go up the longer you are with the company and increases by a certain rate (I believe) every year. There’s also Career Choice that pre-pays 95% of the cost of tuition, textbooks, and related fees and “allows employees to develop in-demand skills for professions of the future, including medical technicians, paralegals, robotics engineers and solar panel installation professionals.” I’ll admit the work can be demanding and stressful, but they also really push as the main priority safety for the employees.

I know there’s people out there that jump at the chance to demonize and attack companies like Amazon, but from my (granted limited) experience and knowledge, the pay, benefits, and areas of assistance are very generous, and there’s ample opportunities to move up and grow.

The paycheck for what I’ve heard Amazon wages were low, but I heard at lest their employee's at lest are getting better paid composited to Walmart .

• edited January 2020

So I finally managed to finish my replays The Wolf Among Us, Batman 1, and Tales from the Borderlands in full, and there was a few things I wanted to share.

For one Batman. It honestly wasn't as good as I remembered it being. Dont get me wrong, its still a very good game, but after replaying it again it really didnt feel as well made as I remember it being, story wise at least. This might be because now Im very familiar with it and already know the twist to each Batman character to make them more unique so that feeling is gone now, because in the end this is overall a pretty basic Batman story. But theres nothing wrong with that, its still a very well made Batman story, just in retrospective it wasnt as great as I remembered it being.

Next is Wolf Among Us. I was actually really surprised how engaged I was with this game again seeing how I know so much about it already. Its by far one of Telltale's best games and still holds up greatly 7 years later. I was actually really surprised by something this time around as I noticed that dialogue can change a ton based on what is happening which I found very unique and something Im surprised I didnt catch happens frequently a while ago. Theres a lot of multiple line takes or conversations being steered in other directions which happens really naturally. Just a very good game and as I already said, one of Telltale's best works in every way.

Then finally, Tales from the Borderlands. Similar to Wolf, I was surprised how much I got into it again, but I do have to say, this was probably Telltale's Magnum Opus. Its by far the most impressive work they've made in terms of scope while still maintaining the Telltale formula while also being a very unique and fun experience. Its also by far the best game for characters, 95% of all the characters have full arcs and arnt wasted. For example I remember back when episodes were releasing a lot of people were disappointed Vasquez died at the start of episode 3, but then they went ahead and brought him back in a very unique and fun way for episode 4. Characters like August get a full arc, Finch and Kroger are well done, just all of them feel like they go through a real change. That said there is one issue I still have with Tales, and without turning into a rant: Rhys x Sasha.

For a game that honestly had some of the absolute best choices and consequences in any Telltale game, it is honestly baffling how heavy handed the Rhys and Sasha romance is. Even if you deny it there are so many moments where the player has no control over what's happening with the 2 of them until the very end of the game (where it doesnt really matter much anymore cuz you know... game ends in 5 minutes.) However, years later and hearing all the behind the scenes stuff at Telltale I feel like I have a good idea what was going on. We all know higher ups kept trying to mess around with the creative teams visions. Tales had some long wait times between episodes and I cant help but think a large part of this was due to higher ups tampering with creative control and there was a constant struggle of getting them to approve their ideas. For whatever reason, I feel the higher ups really wanted a Rhys and Sasha romance and to not have a Rhys and Fiona romance. Its very apparent the devs on this game cared a ton about fan service and really strided to make a perfect game where everyone was happy. They also showed they cared a lot about your choices, and it really seems like they were willing and would have done something like a Rhys x Fiona romance but werent allowed to. There is a ton of unused content in the game that would suggest they were going to do it for fans including a scene that had complete voice lines for Fiona and Rhys flirting but then was changed so Sasha was saying them instead and the scene was between Rhys and Sasha. Then at the end of the game, you can finally get the start of a Rhys x Fiona romance, but its very hidden. All of this makes me really think there was higher up interference and for some reason they were dead set on making it a Rhys and Sasha romance which is why theres so much unused Rhys x Fiona content and why the devs decided to let a Rhys x Fiona romance happen at the very end of the game all hidden away. If the dev team were the ones dead set on the Rhys X Sasha, I dont see why they'd bother going that extra mile at the end after they scrapped other scenes before hand just to put it in, unless they were always willing to do so but were held back against their will. Which really sucks because Tales is such a good game, I could only imagine how even more amazing it could have been if the creative team wasnt being held back.

Anyway, there is my Rhysha vs Rhyiona essay within my opinion on replaying 3 games. Thank you all for coming to my Ted Talk.

Also side note: after replaying Tales I really really really really really really hope Wolf 2 is successful so Telltale can acquire the rights back and make a sequel for Tales with Adhoc. Both Wolf and Tales were gypped hard as Hell for sequels as they very much deserved at least one and had more than enough material to make a second game in the series. Now with Wolf finally getting a season 2, we can only hope and dream Tales 2 will somehow see the light of day.

• Now play Guardians of the Galaxy. (for real I mean you don't have to)

Poogers555 posted: »

So I finally managed to finish my replays The Wolf Among Us, Batman 1, and Tales from the Borderlands in full, and there was a few things I

Sign in to comment in this discussion.