Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• I know this game is flawed and I understand why some people don't like this game. But to me, it is a beautiful flawed gem that I care very much about. :)

Menofthe214 posted: »

To be fair though, most people who played the game despise the game. If they do mention it coming out, I bet not many of them will play it a

• Yeah everyone thought it would be the traitor. What should have happened was if you sided with both Duncan and Ser Royland, the maester would be the traitor. Despite it being obvious it would make sense.

People looked in the game files and found that the Maester was originally supposed to be the traitor. I guess they revised that plot point d

• I agree with the listed mistakes and I fully expected them all to be something they would work on ironing over in S2. But it appears that despite the fact that the game sold pretty well (half a million copies on Steam alone), TT never seemed to be very enthusiastic about the series--possibly due to the lukewarm critical reception and the growing apathy of the shrinking fanbase who were gradually put off by the inconsistent writing and choice system.

I really hope that TT are taking so long to work on this because they're trying to re-think and improve upon the series, but I do find the silence on their front to be a little suspicious at this stage.

To be fair though, most people who played the game despise the game. If they do mention it coming out, I bet not many of them will play it a

• People otherwise liked the series up until the Traitor twist. As a mod, I distinctly remember an abrupt change in the atmosphere of the Thrones forum (and general reception of that game from fans) right around the time of that twist.

Heh, yeah I remember during the long wait for Episode 6 people's emotions just took over. It had some pretty funny things but still awful in terms of mood.

People looked in the game files and found that the Maester was originally supposed to be the traitor. I guess they revised that plot point d

• I still think that Telltale is purposefully waiting for the show to reach a certain point. I know that for this season they need snow so they're airing it later in 2017, so late 2017 is a possibility if they want Season 7 to finish first. Of course 2018 for Season 8 is possible, but you never know.

• I thoroughly enjoyed this game, but it is so frustrating to literally have nothing for over a year now. I'm sure there's something they could tell us, I mean they can't have just locked this game in the closet and not talked about it for a year, right? Right?

• the shrinking fanbase

The GoT forums are pretty empty now. The only thing that keeps it up is the Fanfictions pretty much.

ranger563 posted: »

I agree with the listed mistakes and I fully expected them all to be something they would work on ironing over in S2. But it appears that de

• I've tried to ask to Job J Stauffer this on twitter : "Just a simple yes or no question : Is Game of Thrones season 2 cancelled ?" No answer...

• it's not being cancelled we just have to wait till E3 next year.

stephanber4 posted: »

I've tried to ask to Job J Stauffer this on twitter : "Just a simple yes or no question : Is Game of Thrones season 2 cancelled ?" No answer...

• edited December 2016

Well if you chose the other option mira's character will survive .

Also I liked how gared is given a chance to go back to save ironrath just like jon snow.
    So I am guessing since jon snow is now back in winter-fell .Telltale will wait till brandon stark also returns to winterfell and then release season 2 . ( since gared charecter is also fulfilling brandon's role )

• I have 2 questions:

1. Do you know where the audio files for the Maester are? I'm just really interested in hearing what he he justified his reasoning for.
    2. Do you know who the stranger was meant to be originally in TftB?

• they confirmed season 2 last year.. yet they prefered to announce other games and be quiet about this.. i hope they still release season 2 next year.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2016

They did the same thing with Season 3 of Walking Dead. It was announced in July of 2014, followed by radio silence up until this February of 2016.

GCardoso posted: »

they confirmed season 2 last year.. yet they prefered to announce other games and be quiet about this.. i hope they still release season 2 next year.

• edited December 2016

enter image description here

Just saying, it's all in good fun. i am not complaining

cough cough Blind Sniper cough cough

• You know what guys? This wait is a good sign.

It means we're gonna (hopefully) get a brilliant, magnificent game that will be on a whole new level, which will destroy our emotions even more than S1 did.

We may have radio silence but, I promise you, we will prevail and we will get our time. All we have to do, is wait. That's it! And we can do that, we can soooo do that. :)

• If TWD season 3 is really good, we might expect the same thing from GOT Season 2. :)

Kateis posted: »

You know what guys? This wait is a good sign. It means we're gonna (hopefully) get a brilliant, magnificent game that will be on a whole

• You will certainly throw rocks at me for this remark but I preferred (way more) Game Of Thrones to Batman... But that's not the point of view of the game press and gamer apparently..

The story of Batman is good but not breathtaking and lots of QTE...

I really hope that they will do a Season 2 of game Of Thrones despises the critics.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I really hope that they will do a Season 2 of game Of Thrones despises the critics.

Telltale announced it so it is going to happen, they also announced it would be a multi year deal so there was hints that there would be more than one season before season 1 even released.

You will certainly throw rocks at me for this remark but I preferred (way more) Game Of Thrones to Batman... But that's not the point of vie

• They are doing a season 2.

You will certainly throw rocks at me for this remark but I preferred (way more) Game Of Thrones to Batman... But that's not the point of vie

• I'm not gonna lie, and I don't think I'm lying when I say this. These forums feel empty compared to before. Looking back on older threads people had created was good. Now it's just fanfictions, which I like but not that much activity otherwise. And I miss the other people who were on these forums. Everyone left after Episode 6 because of the Foresters loosing and all. I don't blame them. I'm gonna be planning on making a thread about what I think Telltale did right and wrong sometime this week or next week. But anyways alot of people aren't gonna get Season 2 because of Season 1. I will explain more in the thread that I mentioned.

• The forums are typically like this during a downtime between Seasons.

I'm not gonna lie, and I don't think I'm lying when I say this. These forums feel empty compared to before. Looking back on older threads pe

• I agree with Blind, the silence had nothing to do with the story or game itself. It's simply because there isn't anything to really discuss anymore.

I'm not gonna lie, and I don't think I'm lying when I say this. These forums feel empty compared to before. Looking back on older threads pe

• It wasn't like this with the Walking Dead though. If I remember correctly, TWD still had some activity going on (Probably due to it's popularity). It obviously wasn't that much compared to now or when Season 2 was out but definitely more then the GoT forums right now. Just to be clear though, in no way I'm hating GoT. I actually liked it despite it's flaws.

The forums are typically like this during a downtime between Seasons.

• I agree with Blind, the silence had nothing to do with the story or game itself. It's simply because there isn't anything to really discuss anymore.

I disagree. I've read alot of threads after Ep 6 came out from Telltale and Steam. Some people really hated the game and decided not to buy S2 when it comes it out. If those people liked ep 6 then I can say without a doubt that there would be slightly more threads instead of fanfictions. But there's actually alot to discuss for S1 and S2. Who will be the antagonist? What will happen to Rodrik/Asher? Who will die in S2? These are simple questions that anyone could bring up. But even the true GoT fans, the ones that read the books and watched the show, were disappointed with this game.

I agree with Blind, the silence had nothing to do with the story or game itself. It's simply because there isn't anything to really discuss anymore.

• Why would it matter what point the show is up to if the game is still way behind it in the timeline? Are you expecting a timeskip in season 2?

I still think that Telltale is purposefully waiting for the show to reach a certain point. I know that for this season they need snow so the

• What do you guys think is coming out first?

GOT S2 or GOG?

• My money is on Guardians of the Galaxy; the movie comes out in May, and I can see Telltale trying to synergize with the movie launch in some way.

What do you guys think is coming out first? GOT S2 or GOG?

• Yes, actually, I am.

Or the episodes as a whole taking place over a longer span of time. Then again, if they were going to do a Season 3 of this, that might disprove my thoughts.

I think there's things in the show that Telltale would definitely want to incorporate in the game, like the Battle of the Bastards, which is like two seasons ahead of the game where it ended.

Why would it matter what point the show is up to if the game is still way behind it in the timeline? Are you expecting a timeskip in season 2?

• GoT season 7 will be on TV on june also..

My money is on Guardians of the Galaxy; the movie comes out in May, and I can see Telltale trying to synergize with the movie launch in some way.

• Not that I keep up too heavily with the show, but wasn't Season 7 delayed by a few months?

GoT season 7 will be on TV on june also..

• Yes, season 7 was delayed TO June... If it wasn't delayed, it would be in April.

Not that I keep up too heavily with the show, but wasn't Season 7 delayed by a few months?

• Oh, gotcha. I had not kept up with that enough to have heard a specific date - that, or I must have otherwise misinterpreted June as having been the original date.

Yes, season 7 was delayed TO June... If it wasn't delayed, it would be in April.

• Actually, I think that GOG and GOT kind of HAVE to run together, ANF will be done by then, Super Show will likely still be in the process. Unless that announce another series to add to the pile, Telltale is all out of excuses.

Oh, gotcha. I had not kept up with that enough to have heard a specific date - that, or I must have otherwise misinterpreted June as having been the original date.

• If you guys need something to sate your hunger for Season 2. The Game of Thrones mod for the game, Mount and Blade has recently release version 3.0.

This version has Ironrath, Highpoint as well as Gregor Forrester and Ludd Forrester along with other new nice addition. I recently pledge my fealty to Lord Forrester. :)

• Well, with Telltale going back to monthly episodes, I'm not sure if they will premiere two series right alongside each other within the span of a few weeks. I could see them doing something along the lines of premiering a new series halfway through a current one, or maybe even after the conclusion of a current series like they did with Batman and New Frontier. I dunno, it just depends really.

Actually, I think that GOG and GOT kind of HAVE to run together, ANF will be done by then, Super Show will likely still be in the process. Unless that announce another series to add to the pile, Telltale is all out of excuses.

• I would expect season 2 to collide with season 8 of got(tv) . But I wish that season 2 arrives during season 7 itself .

• That is my feelings when I check every day to see no news.

• AMEN

tyc1994 posted: »

Nerds gather and now our wait begins, it shall not end until season 2

• Mine too

That is my feelings when I check every day to see no news.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.