Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• It is quiet and cold...

Like winter.

It's so peaceful here. So different from a certain other forum.

• Well given there's been no news or buzz or even a mention from telltale there's not much going on unlike ANF or GOTG.

It's so peaceful here. So different from a certain other forum.

• I think Got s2 coming end of this Year..
    Or maybe telltale Show us endlich oh this Year the First Loks on Season 2

• So long, original ambitious projects.

• Every time I come here with hope. Every time I am disappointed. There's still nothing. It's starting to look like the game will follow the fate of The Winds of Winter- pointless waiting for a second season.

• Is there no new news about GoT season 2?

• Only boring people arguing :(

Akbar11 posted: »

Is there no new news about GoT season 2?

• Do not lose hope, as long as it's not confirmed as canceled we are good. I expect a season 2 when Game of Thrones(the show) officially ends, since Telltale does need a couple of seasons worth of material to even consider continuing the story. Remember how the game featured the Red Wedding, taking of Meereen, the Purple Wedding etc? All these things contributed to make us feel as if the Forresters have always been around, sitting in the background. If the game came out before the show ended, Telltale would miss out on some cool moments. This way, they can write House Forrester into all the major events that are yet to happen.

YForrester posted: »

Every time I come here with hope. Every time I am disappointed. There's still nothing. It's starting to look like the game will follow the fate of The Winds of Winter- pointless waiting for a second season.

• please say there is a season 2!

• edited April 2017

Thought might as well, Walking Dead did a similar thing.

• Start New Story - Choices from S1

• There is a S2, however telltale has not specified a release date or updates on its development.

dantares83 posted: »

please say there is a season 2!

• I think telltale would execute this far better in game of thrones then they did in ANF.

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Thought might as well, Walking Dead did a similar thing.

• "Gared learned the ways of courageous"

Might wanna fix that lmao

Start New Story - Choices from S1

• As far as GoTS2, it's true that we had let the world know the door is open for more, and that we already know what we want to do next time around. We can say that it's not something with a release date at the moment, and that the second we have news on more Game of Thrones, you'll be hearing about it from us first, right here on our site. - Job

I can't get over the way he worded that statement. "The door is open for more" WTF does that even mean? They are only considering to make the game? I used to be really excited for this, but this kinda made me lose it.

• really looking forwards for the 2nd series, and looking forwards for the tv actors to return to voice thier characters

• edited April 2017

Ramsay kisses and hugs Theon

I've just find a video on youtube that i laugh and awww at while watching. proof that Iwan Rheon (Ramsey Snow) is a good guy. Yes he got hate on because Ramsey was sooooo goood but it was a job the actor isn't nothing like the character he plays.

• Still waiting. I don't know if Telltale are trying to release the game during the same time as the show or if they are struggling with the development. But unless something changes, I think this game will be my last Telltale Game for a while.

• it is really sad if they just decided to stop it because there is no ending....

• oh

how come? if u are sick of the waiting period then i dont blame u.

Still waiting. I don't know if Telltale are trying to release the game during the same time as the show or if they are struggling with the development. But unless something changes, I think this game will be my last Telltale Game for a while.

• no ending??? to the series? well the novels are still coming out and tv series will go on for 3 series then come to an with maybe a spin of thats set in the past.

dantares83 posted: »

it is really sad if they just decided to stop it because there is no ending....

• I think the long waiting is part of it but also I think I am starting to feel exhausted.

I think a break would be good so the magic returns. :)

oh how come? if u are sick of the waiting period then i dont blame u.

• He meant no ending to the story of the Forresters.

no ending??? to the series? well the novels are still coming out and tv series will go on for 3 series then come to an with maybe a spin of thats set in the past.

• If the season never releases: I'm done with Telltale
    If the season is bad: I'm done with Telltale
    If the season is okay: I stay with Telltale, but take a break for a while
    If the season is good: I stay and support Telltale with no problems

I think the long waiting is part of it but also I think I am starting to feel exhausted. I think a break would be good so the magic returns.

• I know I will pick one of these options eventually. :D

If the season never releases: I'm done with Telltale If the season is bad: I'm done with Telltale If the season is okay: I stay with Telltale, but take a break for a while If the season is good: I stay and support Telltale with no problems

• Season 1 did kind of end with the Forresters being defeated... we learned the power of the North Grove, we went to war and hired sellswords.

With the different pathways having Rodrik/Royland, Rodrik/Duncan, Asher/Royland, Asher/Duncan and Asher/Gwyn as well as having the main Rodrik/Asher. There'd be many pathways to lead them to make the game, a lot of time.. unless they kill them off, which I highly hope not. They took the time to make two near-separate stories which was a good thing and did the Royland/Duncan thing well too.

I just hope they make this game. I'd hope TWD ends in May/Early June with GOTG ending in October/November. After those two games come out, it SURELY has to be turning the attention to the second season of Game of Thrones. They could also do GOTG and GoT at the same time, working on two projects has been a main point in their history.

I think we will get something when TWD ends it's third season.. that's when they should start focusing on Thrones, they've not confirmed any more games other than these;

• The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Final two episodes)
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Game of Thrones: Season Two

So unless TT are absolute nightmares and solely work on GOTG, then I'd be done.

Here's to hoping we will get our Forresters back where they belong.

He meant no ending to the story of the Forresters.

• Here's hoping something gets announced. The Ironwood Grove might be a wasteland not to mention the Boltons and Lannisters ain't going to be too happy with defective Ironwood products.

• edited April 2017

Well it's all Ludd's fault anyway.. if Ramsay comes back and is angry with us for making the defective shields which leads someone who is in House Forrester to getting killed no matter what choice we make then I'm done.

Here's hoping something gets announced. The Ironwood Grove might be a wasteland not to mention the Boltons and Lannisters ain't going to be too happy with defective Ironwood products.

• I have a good feeling we will see season 2 that E3

• Well one good thing about having The Walking Dead A New Frontier finish so soon, the quicker we will eventually hear about Game of Thrones Season 2.

I really want to go back and help my family. The fact that I felt those wounds that the player characters received, just show how much I care about this game.

• I'm more looking forward to Gared going back to The Wall, he has to go back there to get to Ironrath!

Well one good thing about having The Walking Dead A New Frontier finish so soon, the quicker we will eventually hear about Game of Thrones S

• edited April 2017

If only... :'(

if only

• Goddamn it, don't get my hopes up.

If only...

• We're all mourning too :'(

Goddamn it, don't get my hopes up.

• edited April 2017

Some new things I thought of, of when Season Two will be released.

The last episode of The Walking Dead: Season One was released on November 20th 2012, the first episode of the second season was released on December 17th 2013. Season Two was mainly announced at E3 2013. It was over a year since we saw Clementine again.

Game of Thrones wrapped up it's first season on November 17th 2015, with nearly a year and a half passing by.. it looks more likely we will see some news at E3!

With The Walking Dead seemingly to wrap up their "third season" in May, it leaves only Guardians of the Galaxy as it's sole game, with no other sequel series onto their other games (Tales from the Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us, Minecraft & Batman) it leaves Game of Thrones as the sole survivor of having a sequel confirmed. As again, Telltale could just put all their time into GOTG but they do have separate production teams working on different games, as they have done in the past.

I expect we will be getting some news VERY soon.. either in June (at E3) or within the coming weeks.. and I can imagine we will be getting the first episode anywhere between October-December 2017, as with Guardians of the Galaxy being announced on December 1st, 2016.. and the first episode of their series came out roughly 4 months after it was publicized.

They could want to work solely on Game of Thrones after GoTG, given the determinant situations of many characters that have happened, giving them enough time to work with all production teams on that game series alone. Most of you know how they deal with determinant characters.. Telltale for all we know could do a different House entirely who will/can help the Forresters.

I'd imagine this series will have seven episodes overall, four playable characters.

So hopefully with all that information, we will be seeing the Forresters again in 2017!

Iron From Ice

• I've been hoping for Season 2 this year since they're running out of other games to work on... at least, from the ones that they've announced. This post gives me more hope.

Some new things I thought of, of when Season Two will be released. The last episode of The Walking Dead: Season One was released on Novem

• edited April 2017

Agreed, there's not been any type of announcement regarding a new game series, a continuation onto another series.. except GoT. Half hoping something would of been announced at E3 last year, but when I saw GoTG on the screen, I was like "No.. even longer for Thrones Season Two.

But it's time..

It's got to be..

Surely..

Hasn't it?

Hello?

I just want it :'(

Iron From Ice

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I've been hoping for Season 2 this year since they're running out of other games to work on... at least, from the ones that they've announced. This post gives me more hope.

• It's been almost two years since S2 was announced, I hope this is a sign that they have been working really hard on giving us a good story and making our choices from S1 truly matter

• I'd imagine our choices will carry over to Season 2 given the whole determinant status on most of their major characters.. I wonder if they'll use a new game engine like A New Frontier did.

Would look cool to see Rodrik's beard in more HD definition.

It's been almost two years since S2 was announced, I hope this is a sign that they have been working really hard on giving us a good story and making our choices from S1 truly matter

Sign in to comment in this discussion.