Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• I think we all should move on now..all hope Is lost .

• Holy shit. You're right..so this means..

JakeSt123 posted: »

So fun fact, if TTG's and HBO's contract was, say, three years long... chances are it's already expired.

• Thrones S2 will NOT happen this year now that Minecraft S2 is all but confirmed, it's crazy to know they want to start work on that before this and the way it seems is that Thrones S2 has been shelved.

The way Season 1 ended, with all the determinant's and the plot.. it seems like the story came to an end without it needing a second season. I think their major downfall in Thrones was Gregor's and Ethan's death in the first episode, the game could of been so much more had both lived.. also the Asher/Rodrik choice was a BIG mistake on their parts.

At E3 Telltale will either confirm Minecraft S2 or Thrones S2 OR even both but has TT worked on three projects at the same time in the same year? I know they have seperare teams but surely not for three ongoing projects.

Iron From Ice.

• I just made myself so damn sad by reading the first few pages and seeing how happy we all were when season 2 was confirmed. Where did those guys go? :'(

• We have all become tired, cynical old men of the Thread.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I just made myself so damn sad by reading the first few pages and seeing how happy we all were when season 2 was confirmed. Where did those guys go?

• Telltale did this to us. They made us this way.

We have all become tired, cynical old men of the Thread.

• I'm really not sure if s2 is coming anymore. Kevin Bruner was the one who announced it but he is no longer CEO.

• Kevin Bruner stepping down as CEO would not be the cause of them changing their mind on making a whole game. I think Dan Connors was CEO when they announced Season 1, alongside the "multiple game/multiple year" contract anyways.

If they are choosing to not continue the story, it would be for a different reason than Kevin Bruner stepping down.

I'm really not sure if s2 is coming anymore. Kevin Bruner was the one who announced it but he is no longer CEO.

• edited June 2017

I just want them to flat-out say, "We're not making season 2." Considering how they let TWAU S2 quietly fizzle out, the least they could do is confirm GoT is never going to happen instead of dangling the carrot in front of our faces.

Kevin Bruner stepping down as CEO would not be the cause of them changing their mind on making a whole game. I think Dan Connors was CEO whe

• Can't we all send tweets to Telltale and if there is enough of us, we can get a response?

I just want them to flat-out say, "We're not making season 2." Considering how they let TWAU S2 quietly fizzle out, the least they could do is confirm GoT is never going to happen instead of dangling the carrot in front of our faces.

• Let's do that ! Nothing to loose here.

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Can't we all send tweets to Telltale and if there is enough of us, we can get a response?

• Is anyone else a annoyed it we have been waiting over a year and we still don't have a season 2 but MCSM gets a season 2 yet it's not been a whole year since season 1 ended.

• It's pretty infuriating. MCSM gets 9 months between seasons, we're currently on 1 year, 6 months, 22 days and counting before even an acknowledgement.

BigGazMan posted: »

Is anyone else a annoyed it we have been waiting over a year and we still don't have a season 2 but MCSM gets a season 2 yet it's not been a whole year since season 1 ended.

• edited June 2017

I'm up for it. Hound the TTG account or Job. Maybe add in the hashtag "#wheresttgot2" or something?

EDIT: I have a fairly sizeable following over on the tumblr side of the ttgot fanbase so I can maybe try and set something up...

Can't we all send tweets to Telltale and if there is enough of us, we can get a response?

• It really is infuriating.

It's pretty infuriating. MCSM gets 9 months between seasons, we're currently on 1 year, 6 months, 22 days and counting before even an acknowledgement.

• Trend #OurHouse #OurLegacy #OurForresters #ThronesSeason2 on Twitter to Job, TT account.

"Our hope is dead. Murdered. But mark my words, we will avenge it. Any man, woman or child representing the name Telltale will pay the price for it's death."

Iron From Ice.

I'm up for it. Hound the TTG account or Job. Maybe add in the hashtag "#wheresttgot2" or something? EDIT: I have a fairly sizeable following over on the tumblr side of the ttgot fanbase so I can maybe try and set something up...

• I think I'm more disappointed than annoyed. I really want GOT S2 but I also enjoy most of Telltale's other games. But yeah I'm disappointed that they've said literally nothing since announcing it.

Is anyone else a annoyed it we have been waiting over a year and we still don't have a season 2 but MCSM gets a season 2 yet it's not been a whole year since season 1 ended.

• Yo Guys, i think Got will bei ready for 2018 this Year Thema have make s3 twd Thema gotg and now minecraft s2 or IT will be like twd s3 Got Come out to end of this Year With the First Episode.

• I've been seeing quite a number of people asking about GOT Season 2 on social media and on Twitch chats. More for TWAU though.

• Remember that Q&A that never happened?

• was there going to be a Q&A?

Remember that Q&A that never happened?

• I remember a staff member asking us to post questions for Duncan and Royland's VAs but that was a while ago and nothing ever came of it.

was there going to be a Q&A?

• Yeah, we didn't get that TftB Q&A either (but at least we got the "All Good Things" retrospective video, so it's something). I suppose they secretly cancelled it like the last 2 episodes of Batman Unmasked, about which I doubt we'd get any statement either, if I didn't directly ask Caroline about it.

• Yeah, that's still a sore spot for me. There was never much cast interaction compared to Tales. I mean, I don't remember Gared's VA once being interviewed, Mira either.

• Although we can have a little bit of hope. At least with Minecraft Season 2 they are releasing it a week after its announcement. Maybe it could be like that for Game of Thrones too? I'm holding out hope.

It's pretty infuriating. MCSM gets 9 months between seasons, we're currently on 1 year, 6 months, 22 days and counting before even an acknowledgement.

• Yeah the waiting will be longer perhaps we will even get TWoW before our desired season 2 of telltale got :( .
    Remain strong guys!! IRON FROM ICE

Thrones S2 will NOT happen this year now that Minecraft S2 is all but confirmed, it's crazy to know they want to start work on that before t

• I wish they did a 10-15 minute documentary on the making of the game and hear what the VA's had to say about their character, was very intrigued to hear what they would say.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Yeah, that's still a sore spot for me. There was never much cast interaction compared to Tales. I mean, I don't remember Gared's VA once being interviewed, Mira either.

• edited June 2017

Today's the day we MIGHT get some news at E3, I actually think this could happen and Telltale are going to announce it tonight.. imagine the scenes on the forums if it happens. I sincerely hope they won't just promote Minecraft as they already announced it to the world, so many people already know about Season 2 for it.

All I hope is we see the Forrester sigil tonight, if it happens I'll get a tattoo of the sigil on my back.

Iron From Ice.

• We would have had more lead in if they were going to announce anything Thrones related at E3. I suspect the lack of build up to Minecraft Season 2 was because of a combination of the leaked rating and the fact that the game was aimed for a younger demographic who might not follow Telltale's social media.

Today's the day we MIGHT get some news at E3, I actually think this could happen and Telltale are going to announce it tonight.. imagine the

• Perhaps, but we knew there was a Marvel game going to be announced by Telltale and suddenly BAM Guardians of the Galaxy confirmed Telltale game out of nowhere.

We would have had more lead in if they were going to announce anything Thrones related at E3. I suspect the lack of build up to Minecraft Se

• I'd love that. A behind-the-scenes look would make me so happy.

I wish they did a 10-15 minute documentary on the making of the game and hear what the VA's had to say about their character, was very intrigued to hear what they would say.

• Well, I'm highly disappointed in Telltale.. this was their chance to announce Thrones Season Two and they fluffed it, I guess 2018 is set, rubber-stamped and confirmed. Or worse, cancelled and shelved.

I had high expectations for E3 tonight, begging and praying that after the sound "Exclusiveeeee!" was from Telltale, with the sad news of Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 set for Spring 2018 I had hoped I could get at least SOMETHING WORTH PLAYING until then (i.e. Thrones S2, GOTG).

Iron From Ice.

• Why does Telltale hate us tho

• No idea, even just a 30-second teaser would have satisfied me for a 2018 release.

Why does Telltale hate us tho

• That was different I'd suppose since it is expected that Telltale would reveal something at the Game Awards. Also Guardians happened to be leaked earlier.

Perhaps, but we knew there was a Marvel game going to be announced by Telltale and suddenly BAM Guardians of the Galaxy confirmed Telltale game out of nowhere.

• 1000th comment, yay!

Okay seriously uh, long dry period. I doubt the game is canceled, that suck and be pretty surprising. I still think they are actually waiting for Season 8 of the show so they can show the finale of the Forresters without spoiling the TV show in advance. Maybe. I would not be surprised if Season 2 had a several year timeskip to like Season 6 or 7.

• edited June 2017

The North Remembers! I pray Telltale does as well.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I personally wasn't expecting anything at E3 apart from Story Mode news but the next two events to keep an eye on are San Diego Comic Con from the 20th-23rd of July and then PAX West from the 1st-4th of September.

Well, I'm highly disappointed in Telltale.. this was their chance to announce Thrones Season Two and they fluffed it, I guess 2018 is set, r

• Try not to get your hopes up.

I hope it is GoT. But I am being cautiously optimistic.

ranger563 posted: »

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/874061851306237952 if this means what i think it does.....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.