Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• I wouldn't flip out about Game of thrones S2 yet, we are just going to have to wait until next week and see what happens.

• tbh, can they see what's the situation here?
    HELLO, we want got

• Tbf GoT had a mixed reception when it released iirc. I can somewhat understand making series that you project would be more profitable, but come on you announced s2 like 2 years ago, at least develop the series somewhat concurrently.

tbh, can they see what's the situation here? HELLO, we want got

• come on, batman had a mixed recep. too... BUT there we are s2 ;) i'll actually get it

Tbf GoT had a mixed reception when it released iirc. I can somewhat understand making series that you project would be more profitable, but come on you announced s2 like 2 years ago, at least develop the series somewhat concurrently.

• come on, batman had a mixed recep. too... BUT there we are s2 ;) i'll actually get it

Tbf GoT had a mixed reception when it released iirc. I can somewhat understand making series that you project would be more profitable, but come on you announced s2 like 2 years ago, at least develop the series somewhat concurrently.

• I don't think anyone doubts it, but Telltale implied that there would be more than one announcement made this week, so people still have hope that Game of Thrones may also be a project they're working on.

• how you know? DAMN now this makes me excited!
    i asked one of the actors from GOT telltale if he got together to make some new product with the other actors of GOT and he liked my post.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I don't think anyone doubts it, but Telltale implied that there would be more than one announcement made this week, so people still have hope that Game of Thrones may also be a project they're working on.

• edited July 2017

[removed]

• Just wondering, are you just assuming this or do you have intel somehow?

I'm cautiously optimistic that GOT2 might not end up like ANF. The problem with TWD's sequels is that they had no idea what direction to take so they just tried to force something as emotionally impactful as the first. When that failed, they tried to start fresh with a new character in ANF, only to alienate a lot of their fans.

TTGOT, meanwhile, is constricted fairly heavily by the show. They can't just do what they like, they're bound to pre-existing rules. Plus I think they planned for more than one season - overall season 1 of thrones feels like half of something bigger, so hopefully they don't throw away the post-its Arthur V and co left them.

• achievement hunter said they want s2 too, and as i'll agree TT better make it before the show if over cause no1 will give a sh*t after

• I have to agree that it would be incredibly stupid for Telltale to suddenly start tweeting stuff out about GoT, while hyping up some upcoming news, only for it to not end up being GoT s2.

They have the perfect opportunity now, especially with the GoT hype of the new season premiering tonight.

• Well I mean there are like 5 spin offs being written and pitched for once the show is over, but they probably won't do as well as the original. Westeros on TV ain;t going anywhere though.

achievement hunter said they want s2 too, and as i'll agree TT better make it before the show if over cause no1 will give a sh*t after

• [removed]

Suzy222 posted: »

I have to agree that it would be incredibly stupid for Telltale to suddenly start tweeting stuff out about GoT, while hyping up some upcomin

• One little note. With the first episode of the new season here today, there may be news? Maybe. Being optimistic.

• edited July 2017

A man can dream. /jaqen

One little note. With the first episode of the new season here today, there may be news? Maybe. Being optimistic.

• I was hoping for some news with the new season of GoT out. I actually thought they'd be releasing an episode to coincide with the return of the show, but minecraft put an end to that dream. Being a telltale GoT fan is suffering. Which I guess continues the theme of the game.

• Does anyone have a possible prediction of when they think it's most likely to be released

• If it's announced this week, then my guess is December. There's no classification or anything yet so it won't be in the next month or two I don't think.

Alex-twdg posted: »

Does anyone have a possible prediction of when they think it's most likely to be released

• I think that whatever happens at SDCC, we should probably anticipate that there's no GOT news. If we expect nothing, we won't be disappointed.

• I think it's out of two possibilities either GOT or twau but I mean to be fair telltale don't exactly always give hints to a Games release and furthermore I think there is a fair bit of evidence to make the assumption

JakeSt123 posted: »

I think that whatever happens at SDCC, we should probably anticipate that there's no GOT news. If we expect nothing, we won't be disappointed.

• (Repost)

GoT S2 is 100% in development right now. I was definitely expecting news this comic con, which may still be happening, though [REDACTED] being announced makes things a little bit more complicated. I mean, if GoT isn't getting a release date or at least being talked about this month I've no idea what the fuck Telltale is doing. You don't just make a game free, keep tweeting about it, get a lot of exposure from famous YouTubers (The Achievement Hunter or whatever the hell) and then delay the actual news to the next month. It'd just be a bad business strategy, and while I do believe Telltale has its fair share (actually huge share) of incompetence and outright stupid decision making, I don't believe they'd go to the extent of doing something as retarded as this (oh wait, yes I do, sigh).

Some comfort: while [REDACTED] is definitely being rushed (it's been in development for about 2 months), GoT is definitely not, which is a good thing. Yes, sure, there is a retarded Minecraft game and a rushed [REDACTED] coming out before our long due season is. But who cares? We have to believe this wait will be worth it. That GoT taking more time than these half baked half assed games is a good thing.

Telltale has lost a lot of its fan base over the years. They lost an even bigger chunk of it with ANF. They can't afford to screw up GoT. Personally, if something, say, "ANF-ish" happens to GoT S2, I'm abandoning the company, probably actively recommending people not to buy these games. I hope it's the same for you. We need to stop accepting mediocrity and start standing up to it.

[REDACTED]

• I'm abandoning the company, probably actively recommending people not to buy these games.

Don't do that. You'll come across as immature like most of the walking dead forum.

(Repost) GoT S2 is 100% in development right now. I was definitely expecting news this comic con, which may still be happening, though [R

• edited July 2017

I have vaguely more faith that an ANF won't happen as they're heavily constricted by canon and season 1 felt like half of a whole, so they've possibly planned the second half from the get go. Other than that, it's hard to rewrite and fuck the plot up when there's 3+ POVs every episode that relate to each other and affect one another.

We might get poor writing, but possibly an ok narrative?

(Repost) GoT S2 is 100% in development right now. I was definitely expecting news this comic con, which may still be happening, though [R

• Job's discounted TWAU twice on twitter now, and once with TFBTL. I don't think it'll be either unless he's lying about it.

I think it's out of two possibilities either GOT or twau but I mean to be fair telltale don't exactly always give hints to a Games release and furthermore I think there is a fair bit of evidence to make the assumption

• In three days, our hopes will rise again that we will get news about this game.
    Never Forget
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

• Idk I feel as though as you said this has been planned also they left a pretty good foundation as to where they left of at last time

JakeSt123 posted: »

I have vaguely more faith that an ANF won't happen as they're heavily constricted by canon and season 1 felt like half of a whole, so they'v

• Tbh after the minor problems with anf telltale will be very with the new got especially as it is ibr their original and best series of I do say so myself

• Let's see if the Old Gods are merciful. The Great Tree shall stand tall behind the howling Wolf against the Flayed Man atop the barren Hill.

• any news on the day of the week they are bringing the info ? i really hope its GoT season 2 . I swear if is another thing after all the tweets ..

• its thursday-sunday one of them days

gcardoso21 posted: »

any news on the day of the week they are bringing the info ? i really hope its GoT season 2 . I swear if is another thing after all the tweets ..

• Nope mate they aren't the brightest "game sellers" in the world but I can assure you(as I don't care for any other Telltale,'s product) that the GOT series will be the last game I'll buy of them.
    They keep insulting the fans in every movement they made.Pathetic.

Iron From Ice asoiaf fans!

Tbh after the minor problems with anf telltale will be very with the new got especially as it is ibr their original and best series of I do say so myself

• Telltale got is nearly the most expected game of the company,any news they give us will be well-received :).

its thursday-sunday one of them days

• I agree perhaps the lack of fans will get trigger the old telltale which made games like the original walking dead twau and got

Tunak23 posted: »

Nope mate they aren't the brightest "game sellers" in the world but I can assure you(as I don't care for any other Telltale,'s product) that

• So u think that's the most likely game to be prpduced and how do fans know it won't be a original series

Tunak23 posted: »

Telltale got is nearly the most expected game of the company,any news they give us will be well-received .

• [removed]

So u think that's the most likely game to be prpduced and how do fans know it won't be a original series

• Now wait, how do you know [REDACTED] game is being rushed? Where did you get the "2 months development" info?

• Well, in an hour and a half we will know whether it is GoT s2 they are announcing. If it is Batman s2 my morale will be so damaged i might just give away Ironrath to the Whitehills and be done with the cursed thing.

• I am hesitant to be hopeful right now. : /

Well, in an hour and a half we will know whether it is GoT s2 they are announcing. If it is Batman s2 my morale will be so damaged i might just give away Ironrath to the Whitehills and be done with the cursed thing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.