Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Is anyone else absolutely dreading the announcement video?

• I'm really hoping it's GOT and I''ll be disappointed if it's anything else but I love most of Telltale games so I'll survive.

Really hoping it's GOT though.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Is anyone else absolutely dreading the announcement video?

• edited July 2017

RIP GOT :(
    Seriously tho, why the had to put twd s4 instead of GOT s2?

• WHY DOES TELLTALE ALWAYS IGNORE US GAME OF THRONES FANS?

• Hang on guys. Just because we didn't get Season 2 doesn't mean it's dead. Wolf Among Us has been waiting longer, so after that we should be good.

• walking dead s4?
    OR batman s2?
    i mean you dont agree they could replace got with one of them?

Hang on guys. Just because we didn't get Season 2 doesn't mean it's dead. Wolf Among Us has been waiting longer, so after that we should be good.

• No I do, but I also think we still may get Thrones later this year. They said this year would be great for "fans of mature rated telltale series." And the Walking Dead and wolf among us are next year. Maybe Thrones will get a surprise release like Batman did?

walking dead s4? OR batman s2? i mean you dont agree they could replace got with one of them?

• maybe, but as i said
    they got to say man YES or NO
    they cant toy with us, damn

No I do, but I also think we still may get Thrones later this year. They said this year would be great for "fans of mature rated telltale se

• Sure they've been waiting longer but GOT was actually confirmed and yet we've seen/heard more of Wolf than Thrones. I mean good for Wolf fans and all, I'm sure it feels amazing to finally have it revealed but I can't help but be bitter about this.

Hang on guys. Just because we didn't get Season 2 doesn't mean it's dead. Wolf Among Us has been waiting longer, so after that we should be good.

• All that teasing was for fucking nothing.

Fuck this, I'm out. Manipulative sacks of shit.

• You mad bro? lol

All that teasing was for fucking nothing. Fuck this, I'm out. Manipulative sacks of shit.

• Fuck this how the hell do they make another season of the walking dead and batman but not finally release got so incompetent it amazes me

• edited July 2017

Very. And not without good reason.

You mad bro? lol

• Amen to that. Quite obviously TTG don't take us seriously.

BigGazMan posted: »

WHY DOES TELLTALE ALWAYS IGNORE US GAME OF THRONES FANS?

• next year i guess we'll have new series
    (so they wont even mention GOT)

Alex-twdg posted: »

Fuck this how the hell do they make another season of the walking dead and batman but not finally release got so incompetent it amazes me

• Why batman S2 when Batman S1 came out AFTER GoT S1 and GoT has no Season 2? Why do I have to spend 10 minutes doing captchas for every comment? Because TTG are unfair jerks.

Well, in an hour and a half we will know whether it is GoT s2 they are announcing. If it is Batman s2 my morale will be so damaged i might just give away Ironrath to the Whitehills and be done with the cursed thing.

• [removed]

You mad bro? lol

• Good for the TWAU fans since they had to wait longer. The show has already gone past the point where the Forresters' current dilemma could be resolved. Looks like the barren hill will still lurk a shadow over Ironrath for a little longer.

• 1: They give it free with ps plus.
    2: They tweet about it being free.
    3: They promote Youtubers playing GOT.
    4: They tease a big announcement.
    5:

(that was a good one you gotta tell)

• We all are. They probably meant they'll release GoT S2 in 2090 when we'll all be dead.
    Besides Batman and TWDS3 were unplayable on most PCs due to a glitch. Games were so poorly optimized.
    Hence, I won't be the first to say "Fuck Telltale". And I really mean it.

Very. And not without good reason.

• I'm guessing the most simple explanation is that with the show being back they thought it was a good time to promote the Game.

1: They give it free with ps plus. 2: They tweet about it being free. 3: They promote Youtubers playing GOT. 4: They tease a big announcement. 5: (that was a good one you gotta tell)

• know what? i bet they dont even work on it
    (btw where i can pre-order batman s2 except here?)

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm guessing the most simple explanation is that with the show being back they thought it was a good time to promote the Game.

• Thrones sold better than batman, too... why does that get a second season when thrones doesn't?

TTG's business decisions defy all logic.

Fuck this how the hell do they make another season of the walking dead and batman but not finally release got so incompetent it amazes me

• edited July 2017

Made this on a whim lol:

enter image description here

• tweet it, give me your @ too

Made this on a whim lol:

• lol i watched the entire announcement video without reading comments/googling GoT, sitting there like "Game of Thrones S2 will be on in a second, it'll be the next one, just gotta wait one more minute, they publicized S1 all month, it has to be next..."

you really pranked us Telltale, well done, looking forward to yet another year's silence about the project

(starting to agree with @JakeSt123 cos this is getting fucking ridiculous)

• It's a joke

ranger563 posted: »

lol i watched the entire announcement video without reading comments/googling GoT, sitting there like "Game of Thrones S2 will be on in a se

• me @ telltale

enter image description here

• I don't think it'll be either unless he's lying about it.

Well, he was lying about one of them.

Job's discounted TWAU twice on twitter now, and once with TFBTL. I don't think it'll be either unless he's lying about it.

• I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I do wonder if there are other issues at play here...

What if they can't advance the Forrester story line without spoiling details that have not been revealed in the books or tv show yet? For instance, I don't see how they can go much further with the North Grove plot without delving further into the lore surrounding white walkers and the lord of light. We still have plenty to learn about both of them on the tv show...

• They can further this if they have furthered twd to 4 seasons about game which is rather limited and has many interpretations than they can sure as fuck further this series which by all means provides many opportunities

Pahn711 posted: »

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I do wonder if there are other issues at play here... What if they can't advance the Forrester story l

• CHALLENGE: Can we reach 100 pages before the announcement? that would be funny AF

• Considering the announcement is probably never coming, I expect so.

CHALLENGE: Can we reach 100 pages before the announcement? that would be funny AF

• it will come, the problem is which decade

Considering the announcement is probably never coming, I expect so.

• twenty-forty-never

it will come, the problem is which decade

• edited July 2017

TWD does not hold a candle to GoT in terms of complex story lines and lore. So I don't think its a fair comparison....

The tv show is consolidating story lines and pushing towards the inevitable struggle with the Night King. If season 2 were to pursue this same theme (as it should), then it would run the risk of getting into potential spoilers. In which case, it might make more sense to release it after season 8 airs on tv.

They can further this if they have furthered twd to 4 seasons about game which is rather limited and has many interpretations than they can sure as fuck further this series which by all means provides many opportunities

• chill, lets be optimistic, next year is a thing ;p
    (spoiler : E3 will be all about minecraft s3)

twenty-forty-never

• The GOT show ends next year, so we're basically fucked as it is. Who's gonna be interested once that's over?

chill, lets be optimistic, next year is a thing ;p (spoiler : E3 will be all about minecraft s3)

• edited July 2017

telltale's team of GOT deserves a bigger d**k than lisa ann does

The GOT show ends next year, so we're basically fucked as it is. Who's gonna be interested once that's over?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.