Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• it's more likely TWAU, I know, but still it's nice to get some kind of hint that they're working on something that isn't Minecraft or a superhero adaption

Try not to get your hopes up. I hope it is GoT. But I am being cautiously optimistic.

• Replaying Season 1 right now, but it only fills the void for so long.

Seriously. I may not work for TellTale nor do I coordinate their selling strategy, but I'm not liking their marketing as of late. That's being pretty generous, though.

Good for the Minecraft folk that they got their game, but I still think Game of Thrones would have been a better- OHH who the fuck am I kidding, where the fuck is season two? Minecraft? Seriously??? After the GoT's setup ending, this is what comes instead? Dude, come on.

I was far more invested in Asher, Gared, Rodrick and company than uhm...Jesse and his/her escapades.

• edited June 2017

It would be kind of retarded not to make and sell a game of the current most popular tv-series (maybe even ever) if they already purchased the rights to do so. But then again, I've seen the number of people playing the first season declining a lot with every episode installment. Many of those quitters will prolly be out of the potential market if season 2 will be some kind of interactive follow-up, while getting new people into it might be tough. I dunno if the same decline goes for TWD seasons and episodes, but if these have been more stable then I can understand their hestitation to invest more resources into GOT S2, something I would truly regret.

• Seriously. I want to see the Forresters reclaim their ancestral home and not assume the Starks gave it back to them.

• It could be why not? We have wait for such a long time...And we need a reward for it ;)

ranger563 posted: »

it's more likely TWAU, I know, but still it's nice to get some kind of hint that they're working on something that isn't Minecraft or a superhero adaption

• edited June 2017

We all agree mate the economic advance would be thrown to trash if they just let this project die.Obviously they would not only delegate it so they can finish off the easier series(the ones that require poor writing,ejem minecraft).And I hope they make a continuation worthy of thrones.

Feanir posted: »

It would be kind of retarded not to make and sell a game of the current most popular tv-series (maybe even ever) if they already purchased t

• The "Starks" are becoming boring and the forresters not we need more about them plot, backstory...whatever,they only need to release something to get us on the train of hype :(.

Seriously. I want to see the Forresters reclaim their ancestral home and not assume the Starks gave it back to them.

• i had hope for E3 but it seems TTG is really taking a *** on this game.

• I think we need to post a bit more in the Telltale official forum, and ask when this is coming out. Perhaps the new staff think there is no demand...

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Well, I'm highly disappointed in Telltale.. this was their chance to announce Thrones Season Two and they fluffed it, I guess 2018 is set, r

• Please post this question in the telltale official thread about E3. I have and there hasn't been enough other people asking, perhaps they think nobody is that interested in a season 2.

gcardoso21 posted: »

i had hope for E3 but it seems TTG is really taking a *** on this game.

• So looks like all we're getting this year is a GOTG game that feels rushed as hell and a sequel to a Telltale game that received mixed reviews at best. Meanwhile the game everyone has been clamoring for isn't even regarded as being stuck in development hell somewhere.

• edited June 2017

It's kind of hilarious how TWAU came out four years ago and it still gets more mentions than GOT does.

So looks like all we're getting this year is a GOTG game that feels rushed as hell and a sequel to a Telltale game that received mixed revie

• There's no confirmation of a season 2, unless you count a post from March next year?

And, yes, at least there is a sequal to every season on tv, could you imagine what would happen if they just stopped producing sequals to the television series ? I think it's unfair & wrong that they're still selling season 1 if they can't even guarantee a new season in the game, seems like false promises to me.

BigGazMan posted: »

Every season of Game of Thrones ends with a cliffhanger like is jon snow dead or is her alive cliffhangers is what makes people want to wat

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There's no confirmation of a season 2, unless you count a post from March next year? And, yes, at least there is a sequal to every season

• No words,this atrocity will not remain unpublished :(

JakeSt123 posted: »

It's kind of hilarious how TWAU came out four years ago and it still gets more mentions than GOT does.

• I'm catching up on one of my old saves now in the series, just played series 4, and every time I play it I notice something new, I still enjoy the story although there are a few rough edges admittedly. I wonder if they're putting season 2 off until they can get an additional writer or checker that can look through the scripts, add some crafty lines in?

Weird errors picked up:

Mira Forester can talk to Richard Morgryn, right next to Margaery when she's there talking to Sera. Richard greets Mira loudly, if you chose this sequence of events, and Margaery doesn't notice a thing even though she's right next to them!!!.... Or is it that she's playing ignorant ? ;) Seems like a rough edge in the plot, that could have been smoothed out with an extra writer and setup to be more believable.
    When Cotter, Finn & Gared head out into wildling territory, they come upon a group of dangerous female wildlings that attempt to kill Cotter. Cotter does nothing at all about trying to tell them that he IS a wildling and giving his name away, and naming his sister. That could have saved his life and avoided the wounding that he inevitably got (although death was a possibility there, for sure)
    Various scenes where characters are supposed to be quiet to avoid being detected talk at full volume in said scenes, eg. Asher & crew in Mereen.

Could it be said that feedback about these "rough edges" in the plot have put them off until they can get other writers in, and improve on those issues ? It'd be nice if the game was less artificial feeling in that respect and that the story is given more depth to the plot, so that there aren't these nagging silly questions that you find yourself asking..

All this said, I'd still play it the way it is if a new series came about, but I'd hope that they'd improve in the department of making it more kinda rounded.

• I don't know if we can consider this as a "news" or a confirmation but :

Also in our interview, Stauffer said Telltale--which has as many as 400 employees these days--is capable of working on four projects at once. We know the team is making more Game of Thrones, Minecraft, and Guardians of the Galaxy episodes. Beyond those, fans can expect to hear about "a handful of things" this summer that Stauffer believes people will be excited about.italic text

Source : https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-telltale-basically-confirms-its-making-a-n/1100-6450949/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem: Trending Content&utm_content=5942b60a04d30148c365d238&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

• I think that's Gamespot assuming based on the announcement in 2015, otherwise they'd probably have a direct quote from Stauffer or something.

It's funny because they say:

We know the team is making more Game of Thrones

but we don't know because they haven't said anything in one and a half years.

stephanber4 posted: »

I don't know if we can consider this as a "news" or a confirmation but : Also in our interview, Stauffer said Telltale--which has as many

• edited June 2017

I miss the Assoldier ship

• Could be some news on summer would be great.
    Going home after a nice day on the beach and then...puf Got Telltale new info :)

I think that's Gamespot assuming based on the announcement in 2015, otherwise they'd probably have a direct quote from Stauffer or something

• Aye ships indeed were a thing even the Morgryn x Mira one...

I miss the Assoldier ship

• edited June 2017

TTG "acknowledged" ttgot by re-posting something on Instagram.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Either they're trying to keep it fresh in peoples' minds, or they've got some fucking nerve.

• I guess both. Telltale is trying to emulate George R R Martin's release schedule. And so far it is working.

TTG "acknowledged" ttgot by re-posting something on Instagram. Either they're trying to keep it fresh in peoples' minds, or they've got some fucking nerve.

• Oh dear god please let it be true

TTG "acknowledged" ttgot by re-posting something on Instagram. Either they're trying to keep it fresh in peoples' minds, or they've got some fucking nerve.

• So they do remember.

• The tiniest fraction of hope has ignited inside of me.

• Perhaps this is the beginning - more teasers will come?

Hopefully so.

• I'm so excited!

• PRAYING that Instagram post is hinting at something. I'm dying for a season 2.

• So it seems the whole season of Game of thrones S1 will be free on PS4, hopefully that will get more people on board

• Two Game of Thrones posts on Instagram by Telltale in the last few days, as well as it being made free on the Playstation next month?

Three posts about Game of Thrones in about two days? That's pretty much more than what we've had at all since 2015...

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's certainly interesting.

• From what I remember, we've had literally more in two days than we did for the entirety of 2016-2017

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Two Game of Thrones posts on Instagram by Telltale in the last few days, as well as it being made free on the Playstation next month? Thr

• does anyone think we're getting news at SDCC later this month. I'm really do think we are getting news think about it, S1 will be free on PSN and season 7 of GoT starts a couple days before SDCC or I maybe I'm just being stupid, every time it's a event I keep saying it's got to be this but I was worry, anyway what do you guys think. News or no news.

• edited July 2017

Does anyone think that GoT will have graphics like ANF?

• I hope not. I hope it retains its artstyle albeit in a higher resolution.

• I'm under the impression it will have a more refined version of what it had in Season 1.. I hope.

• edited July 2017

Let's pray it does not. I don't know how I would deal with play dough Asher, a gigantism suffering Talia or a midget Gwyn. We've had enough of that with ANF.

• I agree aquarelle art like they show us in the first season but with a better engine,characters more defined in the screen.

They don't need the graphics of Uncharted they only need the improve their style.As a fan I would thank them.

Let's pray it does not. I don't know how I would deal with play dough Asher, a gigantism suffering Talia or a midget Gwyn. We've had enough of that with ANF.

• So guysss more news around here?
    I saw the Minecraft trophy and other stuff,but something real around?

• Natasha Loring aka Sera replaced another VA an MCSM2... I want to believe they picked her of all people because she was recording for Thrones 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.