Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• What are you doing??? No no no no no no no, watch the show and THEN finish the game.

Creeper1846 posted: »

So I played the first episode of season 1 awhile ago and started watching some YouTube vids on the other episodes and started to wonder if I

• It'd certainly be best to watch Game of Thrones until the end of season three if you want to understand everything as best as possible. :)

So I played the first episode of season 1 awhile ago and started watching some YouTube vids on the other episodes and started to wonder if I

• Also the first two episodes in season 4 to avoid a major spoiler.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

It'd certainly be best to watch Game of Thrones until the end of season three if you want to understand everything as best as possible.

• I would say watch the show from season 1-5 than play the rest of the game then you should understand it a bit more.

• Still nothing.

• Once we used to make this sub-forum larger, but now all we can do is to survive.

There was once a lot of us. Now this Waiting Thread has become a group of unproven new members and tired old members. There are only a handful of us left.

When the Game does come. Gods help us if we are not ready.

((Yeah I was bored.))

• Iron from Ice, fellow GOT fan

Once we used to make this sub-forum larger, but now all we can do is to survive. There was once a lot of us. Now this Waiting Thread has

• Everytime I see a new comment on this thread I get hopeful... but everytime I check the actual comment, my hopes get crushed.

• Im sorry, Iron from Ice

Everytime I see a new comment on this thread I get hopeful... but everytime I check the actual comment, my hopes get crushed.

• If something major happens, you would see more than just a few new posts. We would also make sure to update the thread title! ;)

Everytime I see a new comment on this thread I get hopeful... but everytime I check the actual comment, my hopes get crushed.

• I know, but I can't help but get excited when I see some movement here, even though I know there's about 97% of chance of it being just an ordinary post. What can I say... I'm just completely desperate after all this time xD

If something major happens, you would see more than just a few new posts. We would also make sure to update the thread title!

• edited May 2017

Let us mark this long drought for news/info for game of thrones S2 and name it

"The Great Depression" November 20th 2015 - Present

• Just something I threw together to keep the waiting blues at bay.

enter image description here

• edited May 2017

Wow mates you are all a bit depressed around here...
    My advice is to play other mediaeval games in the waiting(you know Total war,Chivalry now on sale in psStore totally recommend it).Or the magikarp one is not bad :).
    And come on guys season 7 is near,you'll get more of the fanfic while you wait for the real series!

So be positive waiting for long for a game being announced can only mean that we will get a better season 2 for house Forrester(engine,storyline,real decisions).

Cheer up people please the last thing we will lose is our hope,IRON FROM ICE!!!

• Very disappointed. I'd almost suggest to newbies to not play the first season since it just leaves you with a cliffhanger. What's the point in playing it if it just ends like the end of any episode, and plus they have not given us any assurance that they will create a sequel.

Does anyone have any contacts at Telltale that they could ask ?

• Hopeful for news soon

• enter image description here

No but seriously Telltale.. You guys dont need to copy the laziness of GRRM. XD

• Now that the Walking Dead is over, I do hope we can hear some news on Game of Thrones.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

No but seriously Telltale.. You guys dont need to copy the laziness of GRRM. XD

• Every season of Game of Thrones ends with a cliffhanger like is jon snow dead or is her alive
    cliffhangers is what makes people want to watch the next season like people did to see if jon snow was really dead
    the cliffhang it the end of Game of Thrones the game might make people want to buy the next season.

Very disappointed. I'd almost suggest to newbies to not play the first season since it just leaves you with a cliffhanger. What's the point

• edited May 2017

I hate to say it bud but I don't think we will. I telltale will forced on the Clem dlc because I have a feeling Clem is getting a DLC.

Now that the Walking Dead is over, I do hope we can hear some news on Game of Thrones.

• Welp...Back to my waiting hibernation then.

BigGazMan posted: »

I hate to say it bud but I don't think we will. I telltale will forced on the Clem dlc because I have a feeling Clem is getting a DLC.

• edited May 2017

Just remember I stand with you.

Iron from Ice

Welp...Back to my waiting hibernation then.

• Iron from Ice.

In all seriousness, I have grown very used to waiting and there are other stuff grabbing my attention now, so the wait isn't that hard.

Just remember I stand with you. Iron from Ice

• if there is one.

Every season of Game of Thrones ends with a cliffhanger like is jon snow dead or is her alive cliffhangers is what makes people want to wat

• Season 2 already been confirmed

soysauce posted: »

if there is one.

• I'd imagine a DLC will come in the fall.

They're only main project now is Guardians of the Galaxy.. Game of Thrones S2 HAS to be shown at E3 or we will NOT see the Forresters in 2017. Love to be proved wrong though.

Iron From Ice.

Iron from Ice. In all seriousness, I have grown very used to waiting and there are other stuff grabbing my attention now, so the wait isn't that hard.

• O my god, really? It was announced in Nov 2015? And still nothing? Has the development been cancelled or what?

• The radio silence is weird, but this wouldn't be the first time we had extended radio silence for a game announcement. The Walking Dead New Frontier and Guardians of the Galaxy also had similar periods of long radio silence between when they were first announced and when we got more details.

Walking Dead New Frontier was announced in June 2014 and we only got more info in February 2016, and similarly, Guardians of the Galaxy (then the untitled Marvel series) was announced in April 2015 and we didn't get more details (or even know which Marvel franchise was getting a game) until last year's Game Awards.

AdamRoberts posted: »

O my god, really? It was announced in Nov 2015? And still nothing? Has the development been cancelled or what?

• So fun fact, if TTG's and HBO's contract was, say, three years long... chances are it's already expired.

• edited June 2017

I really wish they'd just flat-out say "we're not making season 2" instead of dicking around with us like this. Then at least we could move on.

I mean...Minecraft? Why? Why?

• Well if they have canceled their plans for S2 (Hopefully they haven't) I think it's likely that they don't want to close the door to the possibility that they might do it later.

I really wish they'd just flat-out say "we're not making season 2" instead of dicking around with us like this. Then at least we could move on. I mean...Minecraft? Why? Why?

• That is not a fun facts. I do not want your fun facts.

JakeSt123 posted: »

So fun fact, if TTG's and HBO's contract was, say, three years long... chances are it's already expired.

• edited June 2017

is this still alive ? i mean so much time passed and still no news about season 2 and this was one of the best games TTG ever did. I would gladly trade season 2 of this game for season 3 of walking dead , borderlands , etc.

• It's still alive in the sense that they're supposedly still making a Season 2, but other than that, it's pretty dead around here when it comes to Season 2.

• I heard bethesda made a deal with HBO to make a game based on Game of Thrones I don't know if it's true or not
    but it's supposed be that E3.

• edited June 2017

I thought they tried to make a deal with Bethesda in the past and Bethesda declined to make a game due to wanting to make their own original ideas. This is either fake or Bethesda changed their mind and came running back.

Edit: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/bethesdas-todd-howard-on-turning-down-a-chance-to-make-a-song-of-fire-and-ice-titles/
    This is an article back from 2011 where they confirmed they turned it down.

I heard bethesda made a deal with HBO to make a game based on Game of Thrones I don't know if it's true or not but it's supposed be that E3.

• I can't believe Telltale favors a MCSM 2 over this... Sigh. Seems like a seasons 2 of GOT has enough of a chance of being released as Half Life 3 or Prototype 3

• I feel like they'll have Royland/Tuttle get killed by roaming Whitehill soldiers as they defend Rodrik/Asher and Gwyn instead distracting them and being forced to go back with them.

I could see Telltale ditching other determinant characters like Gwyn/Royland/Tuttle early on, but as far as I'm concerned Rodrik/Asher are a

• They probably just don't think the costs are worth it. Fans have been riled over determinants but still keep buying their games, so I guess they think they can get away with it?

Exactly. I'm not asking for radically different storylines. I'd be happy with something as minor as alternate dialogue branches to accommodate Rodrik or Asher's character. Why should this be such a logistical nightmare for Telltale?

• edited June 2017

Probably because they have to agree to certain terms in order to make the game? Using certain characters could be one of those terms?

Then why not just reduce the number of characters lifted directly from the show and focus on the ones unique to Telltale's House Forrester saga?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.