BATMAN at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• Skim lightly over the first part to avoid the story summary if you only want the general info.

Yeah, I realized that real quick and edited it. I guess I'll read it, might as well right?

• Too late, but it doesn't really bother me. It seemed generally cool, and a few things I speculated were correct.

Skim lightly over the first part to avoid the story summary if you only want the general info.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2016

Disappointed to see 90, but seeing 120 is good I guess. The first episode will probably be the longest, if they're showing off a half hour of it.

Ditto. I think a 2 hour minimum length would be fair, seeing as how we would get the equivalent of a TV show episode length (30 minutes) for each week we wait (assuming we still have monthly releases), since Telltale aims for a TV like presentation.

90-120 minutes Disappointed to see 90, but seeing 120 is good I guess. The first episode will probably be the longest, if they're sh

• I'm just happy they're actually directly saying "Yeah, there will be episodes shorter than others they aren't all the same length".

Some spoiler-free interesting bullet points from the IGN Demo Summary: * "Batman: The Telltale Series will have five installments, each

• The fighting mechanic with the meter intrigues me. I wonder how that will come into play.

Pipas posted: »

So IGN posted an article about the Batman demo. READ HERE and watch out for spoilers! [MOD EDIT:] The article points out that, to be exact, the spoilers cover the first 30 minutes of Episode 1.

• So excited for this game. I've never really been bothered by length, as I'm someone that likes to play episodes in one sitting. I understand the frustration though.
    I'm not fussed, even a bit apprehensive, about the potential to include other DC heroes. If they cameo some of Bruce's Gotham family, then cool (though it's early in his career, maybe Robin's origin?) but I like the idea of a self contained narrative.

• enter link description here

Job confirmed that Batman will be released at some point in August.

• Thanks for the find! Adding this to the news post!

AronDracula posted: »

enter link description here Job confirmed that Batman will be released at some point in August.

• edited June 2016

Glad to be there to help. ;)

Thanks for the find! Adding this to the news post!

• edited June 2016

Also, Job confirmed that in TWD Season 1 Episode 3, when Duck names Lee as Batman and himself as Robin is actually a hint to Telltale's Batman.

Thanks for the find! Adding this to the news post!

edited June 2016

Something really interesting to point out - I don't know if this was an actual hint or just a joke, but in the video AronDracula linked above, Job mentions that in Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 3, Telltale included Duck's Batman/Robin joke with Lee at the Motor Inn as a hint to players that they knew were working on a Batman game and "Telltale had been waiting since then."

• Are th you graphics very high? I am scared my pc cant run it

Something really interesting to point out - I don't know if this was an actual hint or just a joke, but in the video AronDracula linked abov

• Episode 3*

Something really interesting to point out - I don't know if this was an actual hint or just a joke, but in the video AronDracula linked abov

• Thanks! Fixed my post

Episode 3*

• Wow, 4 years ago too. That's pretty cool.

• Still watching the video - Job hints to potentially expect a concrete date for the series premiere by Comic Con

• Wow, this is great, thanks guys

• Interesting that Harvey Dent is running for mayor, and Carmine Falcone is asking for money.

enter link description here Job confirmed that Batman will be released at some point in August.

• Now, I wanted this to be a trusted source.

http://a1.am/en/us/2016/06/15/telltale-games-latest-episodic-project-batman-is-hitting-every-platform-imaginable

http://www.inquisitr.com/3205222/telltale-games-latest-episodic-project-batman-is-hitting-every-platform-imaginable-this-summer/

But then it says...
    "Telltale’s Batman is hitting the PS4, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PC, Mac and mobile devices sometime this summer."
    It's coming to PS4 twice.
    Sweet dreams.

• https://www.inverse.com/article/17012-telltale-s-batman-game-is-unlike-any-other-batman-story-out-there

Another story summary from the demo; unlike the IGN article, this one only talks about story (with a general summary), and not gameplay impressions, so read at your own risk.

• edited June 2016

Cant wait for comic-con..release date will be revealed. And damn, ttg must've had a hard time keeping this big secret if it was decided since wd1!

• Ttg did hint us when duck said 'lee u're batman and i'm robin' in ep2 of wd1. Damn ttg...you guys rock. Wonder what secrets may still be hidden in ttg's previous titles

edited June 2016

I'm now imagining people feverently replaying old Telltale games, desperately trying to decipher "clues" and "hints" from completely random and meaningless scenes. :P

Missing cat posters from Wolf Among Us? That's a clue! Giant Robot battle from Tales from the Borderlands? That's a clue too! Raccoons in Walking Dead: Season 2? Yup, that's definitely a clue! And don't get me started on the Mobjack ferry in Michonne - that's an obvious clue if I've ever seen one! (And did you see how they kept using pigs in Game of Thrones?!?)

AdamRoberts posted: »

Ttg did hint us when duck said 'lee u're batman and i'm robin' in ep2 of wd1. Damn ttg...you guys rock. Wonder what secrets may still be hidden in ttg's previous titles

• edited June 2016

What can mobjack be a clue for? What does it hint? (unless u're sarcastic :p

I'm now imagining people feverently replaying old Telltale games, desperately trying to decipher "clues" and "hints" from completely random

edited June 2016

(unless u're sarcastic) :p

Yup, that's the joke. ;)

What can mobjack be a clue for? What does it hint? (unless u're sarcastic

• Figured that one out xD
    Well, then i guess the dog in wdS2 hints us of 'BOLT: THE TELLTALE SERIES' :p
    enter image description here

What do you think about ttg switching from 'Game: a telltale games series' to 'Game: the telltale series'?

(unless u're sarcastic) Yup, that's the joke.

• Its gonna be fun to watch Kinda Funny interview Job after those 2 reaction vids xD
    Sxsw interview was funny as well

• Was just thinkin about it!

Kinda Funny E3 Interview with Job Stauffer

• edited June 2016

IGN POSTED ABOUT FIRST 30 MIN OF STORY (dont read if u dont wanna be spoiled)
    +Gameplay details/fights
    http://in.ign.com/m/batman-a-telltale-game-series-tba-1/95399/feature/e3-2016-bruce-wayne-steals-the-show-in-batman-the-telltale-s

• We posted that earlier! ;)

IGN POSTED ABOUT FIRST 30 MIN OF STORY (dont read if u dont wanna be spoiled) +Gameplay details/fights http://in.ign.com/m/batman-a-telltale-game-series-tba-1/95399/feature/e3-2016-bruce-wayne-steals-the-show-in-batman-the-telltale-s

• Yeah but u didnt put the link, so...
    If anyone wishes to read whole article

We posted that earlier!

edited June 2016

In the IGN Interview, they hint at having a talk show kind of like Playing Dead return for other Telltale games. They hint at how they are looking for a host (and tease Greg that he should host).

However, I'd prefer someone like AJ Locascio host instead as I found his hosting style to be better and more focused. I feel like Greg's format made it too much about him and he ended up disrupting actual discussion with jokes instead.

Back to Batman, he also talks about how the game looks like it runs a lot more smoother than previous Telltale games, and talks about how Batman's cape has physics (which sounds neat).

Greg Miller introduced Troy Baker to the people at Telltale, leading to him voicing for Tales from the Borderlands and Batman

• Link is on the first page. We've been updating the first page with News and Interviews from other websites.

Yeah but u didnt put the link, so... If anyone wishes to read whole article

• Greg Miller introduced Troy Baker to the people at Telltale

On Job's birthday xD

In the IGN Interview, they hint at having a talk show kind of like Playing Dead return for other Telltale games. They hint at how they are l

• Didn't AJ Locascio voice Marty McFly in Back To The Future instead of Micheal J Fox because of his Parkinson's? Yeah, I'd be down with that.

In the IGN Interview, they hint at having a talk show kind of like Playing Dead return for other Telltale games. They hint at how they are l

• edited June 2016

Remember the article I linked earlier? The one that listed the platforms, and listed the PS4 twice and not the PS3?
    Well, they took the article down for about an hour, now it's back up.

"Telltale Games’ Latest Episodic Project ‘Batman’ Is Hitting Every Platform Imaginable This Summer" From the Inquisitor

So now it only says.
    "Telltale’s Batman is hitting the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, Mac, and mobile devices sometime this summer."

So it lists the PS4 once, and still not the PS3, which is a very imaginable platform.
    To be perfectly honest, I'm just trying to help. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is not a credible source.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

He also hosted Playing Dead for TWD season 1, back then the interviews seemed more formal and calm due to AJ's style unlike Greg's style which seems more loud and excitable.

Here is a old Playing Dead to get an idea what AJ was like compared to Greg but i get a feeling they are aiming for Greg to be their host.

enter link description here

ZapThroat posted: »

Didn't AJ Locascio voice Marty McFly in Back To The Future instead of Micheal J Fox because of his Parkinson's? Yeah, I'd be down with that.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I would say you are correct in that this website isn't a very credible source, Telltale haven't officially announced any platforms yet so i think it's best to wait until they announce the platforms themselves.

IDredMan posted: »

Remember the article I linked earlier? The one that listed the platforms, and listed the PS4 twice and not the PS3? Well, they took the art

• Telltale's games have been on PS4 since Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones, and both TWD Seasons as well as TWAU were made available for it later. Batman is definitley coming to PS4.

IDredMan posted: »

Now, I wanted this to be a trusted source. http://a1.am/en/us/2016/06/15/telltale-games-latest-episodic-project-batman-is-hitting-every-p

This discussion has been closed.