BATMAN at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• I understand what you mean, but I'm fairly certain that you've misunderstood me.

The article is written clumsily. If you read the direct quote, you'll realize they listed the PS4 twice, indicating that it wasn't even proof-read.
    Which makes me doubt its integrity.

Telltale's games have been on PS4 since Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones, and both TWD Seasons as well as TWAU were made available for it later. Batman is definitley coming to PS4.

• edited June 2016

could be a typo. They likely meant to say PS3, but regardless its not a good source. I don't know why anyone would choose a site like that with accurate information that we haven't even heard directly from Telltale.

IDredMan posted: »

I understand what you mean, but I'm fairly certain that you've misunderstood me. The article is written clumsily. If you read the direct

• Then I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you said the game wouldn't be able to run on PS4.

IDredMan posted: »

I understand what you mean, but I'm fairly certain that you've misunderstood me. The article is written clumsily. If you read the direct

• and tease Greg that he should host

Please no.

In the IGN Interview, they hint at having a talk show kind of like Playing Dead return for other Telltale games. They hint at how they are l

• Pshh, you mean you don't want a strongly opinionated host who makes it about himself and decides what is good and bad?

Pipas posted: »

and tease Greg that he should host Please no.

• edited June 2016

So Job said aboout it? xD

My good brother aka Ivan Pakhomow did It couple years ago.

Give him as much likes as you can!

enter image description here

• edited June 2016

@BlindSniper. You know the spoilers. You know you can take it...You are not the hero that we deserve. But the one we need. You are our silent guardian. A Watchful Protector. A Mod Knight...

Sorry, buddy. I felt the need to say it. :)

More written impressions [SPOILER WARNING]: * Batman: The Telltale Series’ first 30 minutes prove that this is the episodic adventure w

• edited June 2016

People don't like the combat. Well that's no surprise everyone hates on QTE's in Telltale games, while I personally adore them, so I think typical players should have a good time with Batman's segments, but obviously Bruce is going to be the most interesting parts of the game. Also it seems that a lot of people hate Batman's voice (not Bruce), so maybe they can change things up before release. Who knows.

More written impressions [SPOILER WARNING]: * Batman: The Telltale Series’ first 30 minutes prove that this is the episodic adventure w

• I'm in the same boat. Love the QTE's. Kind of irks me that people love to complain about them.

People don't like the combat. Well that's no surprise everyone hates on QTE's in Telltale games, while I personally adore them, so I think t

• I think it's because people feel like they should either have all control over a character, or no control, and that QTEs too some are an awkward compromise. I don't mind them personally, but that's the impression I get of how others feel.

HLeigh0109 posted: »

I'm in the same boat. Love the QTE's. Kind of irks me that people love to complain about them.

• Yeah, but Telltale's QTEs are a cut above the rest.
    They don't require robotic perfection, they're forgiving. And not in a bad way...

For example, in The Wolf Among Us. You may be in a fight... If you miss a button prompt, you don't die and restart...
    You get hit, and you power through it!
    Then you get a cut on your face or a bruise on your cheek. But the QTEs are not thrown in there to give the player something to do during a cutscene. They're there to dictate the direction of the fight.

When Telltale does QTEs, it's always got more substance than flash!

People don't like the combat. Well that's no surprise everyone hates on QTE's in Telltale games, while I personally adore them, so I think t

• Good to know that the reactions so far have been positive :)

More articles [SPOILER WARNING]: * Telltale's Batman Series Will Show Why The Dark Knight Needs Bruce Wayne (Gamespot.com) * Telltale’

• Yup, the QTE's are pretty cool. I think I like them because it just makes things look so cinematic, and the character pulls off moves that you normally wouldn't be able to in gameplay, so it's kind of like a combo in and of itself. I'm not sure if they can or will change Bat's voice however; it seems too close to release and changing all those lines could delay a few things. (But they did change Gortys' voice in TFTB from a low, angry robot to a nice, lighter one as evidenced in the sound files, so who knows how long that took?)

• The CinemaBlend article says that Telltale is aiming to have all five episodes out by the end of the year, more or less confirming monthly episode releases will be continuing onward for Batman and Season 3!

• Awesome!

Although it'll be kind of weird to see the series end so quickly.

The CinemaBlend article says that Telltale is aiming to have all five episodes out by the end of the year, more or less confirming monthly episode releases will be continuing onward for Batman and Season 3!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well I think they just don't like the filter, they might be able to take that off without rerecording too many lines.

AChicken posted: »

Yup, the QTE's are pretty cool. I think I like them because it just makes things look so cinematic, and the character pulls off moves that y

• Damn..wow. but waiting would lighten up the hype a bit but its fine. Monthly releases rock!

The CinemaBlend article says that Telltale is aiming to have all five episodes out by the end of the year, more or less confirming monthly episode releases will be continuing onward for Batman and Season 3!

• As someone who doesn't mind waiting all that much, and who thinks the wait and hype is part of the experience, I really don't know how to feel about that. Michonne, while still a good game, felt rushed. Short Episodes and many bugs. I hope 'fast release at cost of story and playability' doesn't become the norm.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2016

I'll quote an earlier comment of mine from somewhere else:

Short episode length does not correlate with monthly releases; Telltale keeps episodes short because they think that is what people want. Telltale released monthly episodes that were around 3-5 hours on average that also contained lots of hubs/puzzles/etc prior to Walking Dead Season 1. Choices like less hubs/shorter episodes/no puzzles/etc are choices that Telltale deliberately makes to appeal to new fans that joined during Walking Dead Season 1 and onward.

Quotes aside, I should also add that Telltale said they are aiming for episodes around 90 minutes to 2 hours. I don't know why Michonne episodes were so short, but that doesn't seem like it will be a problem this time around.

Don't forget, Minecraft had longer episodes and Episodes 1-4 were released monthly too. I wanna see what Telltale does for Batman before judging.

As someone who doesn't mind waiting all that much, and who thinks the wait and hype is part of the experience, I really don't know how to fe

• don't know why Michonne episodes were so short, but that doesn't seem like it will be a problem this time around.

I don't know either. I mean, I guess there's not a lot of things they could have added to the plot anyway, besides the whole presumably cut Rashid and Vanessa plot line. But I hope they learn from their mistakes (again).

I'll quote an earlier comment of mine from somewhere else: Short episode length does not correlate with monthly releases; Telltale keep

• Jess McDonell of GameSpot (who will presumably be having the interview with Telltale) tweeted this:

Throw me your questions for Skylanders: Imaginators, Lego Dimensions, and Telltale's Batman and Walking Dead Season 3!

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2016

I hope someone asks if Michonne has any effects on Season 3, or something on comic characters.

But from Skylanders to the Walking Dead. Huh.

Jess McDonell of GameSpot (who will presumably be having the interview with Telltale) tweeted this: Throw me your questions for Skylanders: Imaginators, Lego Dimensions, and Telltale's Batman and Walking Dead Season 3!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2016

I bet Michonne joins Crash Bandicoot as another Skylander toy!

I hope someone asks if Michonne has any effects on Season 3, or something on comic characters. But from Skylanders to the Walking Dead. Huh.

• Via Verge article: "There will also be detective sequences, which makes the new Batman sound a lot like Telltale's riff on the Fables comic book, called The Wolf Among Us. That game similarly featured a mix of conversation, action, and investigation, and it's one of the studio's strongest efforts yet."

* Batman, Bruce Wayne Share the Spotlight in Telltale’s New Game (TomsGuide.com) * Telltale's Batman game puts the focus on Bruce Wayne (The Verge)

• Gamespot's Interview with Telltale should start streaming in around 20 minutes.

• All the praising of the Bruce segment of the demo really makes me want to get my hands on this game already :D I did expect that Batman would work as a telltale game specifically because of the duality of Bruce/Bats, and it seems like they've done good job with that.

• Is there a link to watch this interview?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2016

The Telltale interview isn't on now, but it will start very soon.

Is there a link to watch this interview?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Here

Is there a link to watch this interview?

• Is there a link to watch this interview?

• Telltale is on now.

• edited June 2016

Well that was kinda disappointing (Gamespot's interview)

• At least the Lego people got to spend almost ten extra minutes talking about Goonies and Sonic Legos!

CarL_J posted: »

• And the Gremlins. Don't forget the Gremlins.

At least the Lego people got to spend almost ten extra minutes talking about Goonies and Sonic Legos!

• I missed it. I guess we didn't learn anything new? :D

CarL_J posted: »

• Nice new avatar, Blind! :P

At least the Lego people got to spend almost ten extra minutes talking about Goonies and Sonic Legos!

This discussion has been closed.