BATMAN at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• edited June 2016

Any archive of e3 like twitch has?

• edited June 2016

Have the platforms been announced yet?

AdamRoberts posted: »

• So what will you call it? BatVale? Brale? Vayne?

Troy Baker (Rhys) as Batman, and Erin Yvette (Sasha) as Vicki Vale...Rhysha will happen, just in another game.

• I prefer Batman Rhysha. BatVale sounds cool though.

AChicken posted: »

So what will you call it? BatVale? Brale? Vayne?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

• Brale is my personal pick. (Rhysha for life, even in batman...)

I prefer Batman Rhysha. BatVale sounds cool though.

• That's "goddamn" awesome, kid.

OMG Richard McConagle is going to be in this!!! #HYPE

• Thanks! :)

dojo32161 posted: »

enter link description here

• They confirmed 5 episodes as well
    Add it to news list

Thanks!

• That was already confirmed

They confirmed 5 episodes as well Add it to news list

• Of yeah obvisouly..
    Slipped my mind :p
    So excited man...

That was already confirmed

• I hope the action encounters are good enough to make you feel like an expert of combat like batman.

• Not much of a action game...job said
    Ttg only focusses on story

Gary-Oak posted: »

I hope the action encounters are good enough to make you feel like an expert of combat like batman.

• You misunderstand what I mean. The QTE action sequences in most telltale games, it makes the main character look really clumsy. TWAU had good action sequences and bigby was a good fighter. I hope they give us that feeling again in batman, during the QTE scenes.

Not much of a action game...job said Ttg only focusses on story

• Even though I didn't get my wish for Jon Hamm to voice Batman, I can't help but note the resemblance between Bruce Wayne and Jon Hamm:

Bruce Wayne
    enter image description here

Jon Hamm

• I really like the looks of Bruce Wayne and Batman. But I am wondering, is his suit partly mechanical? His eyes are bright white.

• edited June 2016

Judging from that image of him in the suit I don't think it is mechanical. The white eyes were done to be true to the visual aesthetic of the comics. The suit does look well armored but that's about it. I mean you could argue that the eyes being that bright indicates it is partly mechanical but I wouldn't say it is any more than that.

I really like the looks of Bruce Wayne and Batman. But I am wondering, is his suit partly mechanical? His eyes are bright white.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Job tweeted a couple of photos showing what looks like the press demo room.

• edited June 2016

its gorgeous as always.

OzzyUK posted: »

Job tweeted a couple of photos showing what looks like the press demo room. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/742610882962673665

• Cant wait for Batman

Job tweeted a couple of photos showing what looks like the press demo room. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/742610882962673665

• This is beautiful! I wish I could be there...

• He said 'run smoother'
    Hope thats for android version too, coz in tftb and mcsm (some seaquences) voice and graphics werent synced coz of lags

Pipas posted: »

New interview enter link description here

• And one more point to be noted:
    We'll be playing as Bruce who has been in the 'Bat-business' for just ONE year, and Gotham isnt sure whether he's a hero or a nuisance

New interview enter link description here

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Greg Miller tweeted a cool video showing "Wayne Manor", i can't embed the video so click the link to see it.

• This is soo cool!

Greg Miller tweeted a cool video showing "Wayne Manor", i can't embed the video so click the link to see it. https://twitter.com/gameovergreggy/status/742773225520664576

• Kinda Funny will stream for four hours in 10 minutes from this post. They mentioned they would open with a few games including Telltale's games, but did not give a specific time to watch for. Keep your eyes peeled for more Telltale news from there.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2016

I just saw Job on Greg's periscope say they will be on at 12:30 PT.

Edit: They are having technical issues so we might need to watch the stream on periscope but this is where they should hopefully be streaming.

Edit 2: The stream is totally down, they are going to record all interviews and will upload them to their youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/KindaFunnyGames/videos

Kinda Funny will stream for four hours in 10 minutes from this post. They mentioned they would open with a few games including Telltale's games, but did not give a specific time to watch for. Keep your eyes peeled for more Telltale news from there.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

As there are no streams working here are some more cool pics of Wayne Manor that @kenjisalk posted on twitter :)

Hanging in Wayne Manor is a pretty classy affair. Surely this billionaire playboy has no secrets to hide? #E32016 pic.twitter.com/UvB3zFFEtn

— Nathan Ortega (@kenjisalk) June 14, 2016
  • They always nailed the demo room testing.

As there are no streams working here are some more cool pics of Wayne Manor that @kenjisalk posted on twitter Hanging in

• Right now I am seeing if I am still blocked.

• You mean the Twitch stream? Yeah, they are having issues.

Right now I am seeing if I am still blocked.

• edited June 2016

No for a while I was blocked from writing posts on telltale games community site. Never post stuff while I am really drunk again. LOL

You mean the Twitch stream? Yeah, they are having issues.

• edited June 2016

So IGN posted an article about the Batman demo.

READ HERE and watch out for spoilers!

[MOD EDIT:] The article points out that, to be exact, the spoilers cover the first 30 minutes of Episode 1.

• Thanks for the find! Adding this to the News post

So IGN posted an article about the Batman demo. READ HERE and watch out for spoilers! [MOD EDIT:] The article points out that, to be exact, the spoilers cover the first 30 minutes of Episode 1.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2016

Some spoiler-free interesting bullet points from the IGN Demo Summary:

• "Batman: The Telltale Series will have five installments, each lasting about 90-120 minutes. It’s set to premiere in Summer 2016."

• "We asked if we’d be seeing more of Batman’s supporting cast -- from other heroes like Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl to his many iconic villains -- and while Telltale didn’t confirm anyone who would appear, they hinted that we’ll be seeing new spins on more familiar characters. We also asked if other DC heroes would appear and got the same kind of yes/no/maybe/probably answer."

• "Indeed, Richard Iggo, Head of Marketing at Telltale, spoke about how the story will present many concepts, characters, and storylines familiar to Batman fans, but as the story progresses they will all be flipped on their heads."

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2016

Hm. To read or not to read...

So IGN posted an article about the Batman demo. READ HERE and watch out for spoilers! [MOD EDIT:] The article points out that, to be exact, the spoilers cover the first 30 minutes of Episode 1.

• It's not a video - just a written article with impressions. There are no super specific spoilers but it does lossely summarize what happens in the first 30 minutes for the first part of the article, followed by some general impressions not related to the story in the second half.

Hm. To read or not to read...

• 90-120 minutes

Disappointed to see 90, but seeing 120 is good I guess. The first episode will probably be the longest, if they're showing off a half hour of it.

"We asked if we’d be seeing more of Batman’s supporting cast -- from other heroes like Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl to his many iconic villains -- and while Telltale didn’t confirm anyone who would appear, they hinted that we’ll be seeing new spins on more familiar characters. We also asked if other DC heroes would appear and got the same kind of yes/no/maybe/probably answer."

I would imagine if we were there would be little hints, but you know, the ones we got are fine.

as the story progresses they will all be flipped on their heads.

Maybe like the ending the first episode of a certain Telltale series...

Some spoiler-free interesting bullet points from the IGN Demo Summary: * "Batman: The Telltale Series will have five installments, each

• Yeah, I realized that real quick and edited it.

I guess I'll read it, might as well right?

It's not a video - just a written article with impressions. There are no super specific spoilers but it does lossely summarize what happens

This discussion has been closed.