Game running slow

I just downloaded Batman through Steam, and my computer meets all the requirements, but the game runs very slow and is almost unplayable since people say things before the subtitles even appear and before they even speak it. That and, there are black model lines on objects like the buzz saw and the police cars. Is there any way I can fix this?

MOD EDIT: Sending Support Tickets to Telltale with your info helps them solve this issue quicker.

The best way to help us expedite fixes is to open a help ticket with our CS staff. Please provide the following information when you do so:

• Laptop or Desktop? PS4? XB1?
  • Where did you buy the game?
  • Your TTG user account
  • Your Steam/PSN/XBL user name

Comments

• Same. I'm more sad than mad honestly

• I'm not really mad, I just would like to play it normally. I had the same problem with Minecraft, but it still went fast enough to be playable

Same. I'm more sad than mad honestly

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Some kind of bug is causing performance to completely tank, from the looks of it. I imagine they'll be fixing that within the next few hours, provided they even know what's causing it yet.

• So the PC version is a console port... with no gamepad support lol.

• I really hope they know what's wrong. I'm watching the intro again chugging at 10 FPS and getting SAD

Deltino posted: »

Some kind of bug is causing performance to completely tank, from the looks of it. I imagine they'll be fixing that within the next few hours, provided they even know what's causing it yet.

• It's sucks come on telltale give us the update

• oh god telltale what have you done

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I'm no expert with this kind of thing, but it's probably a simple fix; just some bad code or a memory leak or something like that.

I really hope they know what's wrong. I'm watching the intro again chugging at 10 FPS and getting SAD

• I know they messed up this time

• Now I know why mobile is delayed

• edited August 2016

Well looks like I'll wait. I can't have this be my telltale experience.

Deltino posted: »

I'm no expert with this kind of thing, but it's probably a simple fix; just some bad code or a memory leak or something like that.

• They'll probably fix it, but meanwhile they have 85 reviews on steam and 23% are positive. Not the best marketing strategy imaginable

• It's really hard for me :/ up until minecraft I watched all of them on lets plays. Then I bought this one and was super excited that it would finally be my choices and not other people's. And now this...

Well looks like I'll wait. I can't have this be my telltale experience.

• The lag i believe is a steam issue problably the overlay or something i know i had alot of lag issues when playin other games from telltale on steam and when i swapped over and played my copies straight off the telltale download i had no lag whatsoever.

• I would never go by steam reviews anyways steam reviews are the most broken reviews ever.

OrsonWelles posted: »

They'll probably fix it, but meanwhile they have 85 reviews on steam and 23% are positive. Not the best marketing strategy imaginable

• very dissapointed- the game is soooo laggy at all resolutions and I have a great computer, fix this quickly please!

• Slow? Are you seriouse? Game just don't work! It's 15fps and freezes all time!

Goodbay Telltale. I go to refund my money and never buy you're games.

• edited August 2016

I REALLY hope Telltale doesn't ignore this issue today. I was really looking forward to this!

I sent in a request, so hopefully I can get a simple "we're addressing the issue".

• Poorly optimized ?? It seems BATMAN is cursed on PC !!!! :( Lagging ........A game with min requirement of gtx 450 and c2d is lagging wth

• edited August 2016

GET BACK OLD ENGINE!! NOW!!

• edited August 2016

For people who might not be tech savvy, have you made sure the game's not using your integrated graphic card?

For me, I have to go into the Nvidia control panel in order to check what card's being used, and then force certain games to use the correct card.

• Yes! Still running at 10 FPS on the lowest resolution possible.

Rob_K posted: »

For people who might not be tech savvy, have you made sure the game's not using your integrated graphic card? For me, I have to go into t

• you made sure the game's not using your integrated graphic card?

Yeah. Hundreds user on Steam just forgot about it and used integrated card.

It's NOT Optimized. That's it.

Rob_K posted: »

For people who might not be tech savvy, have you made sure the game's not using your integrated graphic card? For me, I have to go into t

• I downloaded it from TTG page and it won't let me play on full screen or hi resolution, it just freezes. It seems to work when I open it with intel graphics but I wanna play it with my Nvidia.

• I said for those who might not be tech savvy. Forgive me for trying to help.

Murmle22 posted: »

you made sure the game's not using your integrated graphic card? Yeah. Hundreds user on Steam just forgot about it and used integrated card. It's NOT Optimized. That's it.

• Does anyone know if it works better from the Telltale site than it does with steam? I'm seriously considering buying it a second time

• I don't really think you should consider buying it again for now. It just got released 2 hours ago in Steam, so you might just have to wait for a patch or any official word from TTG. My friend who bought it says that it's working fine with stable 60 fps, no crashes or whatever so far (and he bought it through Steam), so you might just have to wait until TTG does something. (shouldn't take long, I'm pretty sure they know of the crashing by now)

(however you can buy me the game xdddddddddddddddddd tfw you're lowkey begging someone for a game)

Does anyone know if it works better from the Telltale site than it does with steam? I'm seriously considering buying it a second time

• edited August 2016

Ya this new engine seems to not work quite as smoothe as the old engine on the PC version

The game is not registering my commands on time due to the game being slow.

It could also be that this new engine has a higher PC system requirement than the old engine which could be the cause of the PC version's issues as well.

• I hope they address this and fix it soon. ^^; I was excited to try my first Batman game, but this is a little troublesome.

• edited August 2016

I got a response. They want my dxdiag. Hopefully they won't send back a message that says you can't run it lol.

• Seems likely that's the response.

I got a response. They want my dxdiag. Hopefully they won't send back a message that says you can't run it lol.

• edited August 2016

Wow....

Checking on the system requirements this game requires 6 GB RAM which is 2 to 3 times the amount of RAM the past telltale games required.

Guess I won't be able to play it after all unless this increase in RAM requirement due to the new Engine is due to some kind of issue they have with it and can be fixed. :(

• Wow this is just sad. I've never had any problems with any of the Telltale games but I can't even get through the first few seconds lmao. Hope this requirement isn't going to be their new thing cause I'm mainly looking forward to TWD 3 orz

• Never thought I would hear someone say that.

Murmle22 posted: »

GET BACK OLD ENGINE!! NOW!!

• Well good to know I wasn't the only one experience problems like this. I was worried that my computer was struggling to meet the requirements of Telltale's new updated engine (which is weird since I bought this computer last year, so it shouldn't be that out of date). It appears to be a tech issue by the looks of it on Telltale's end, so hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Then again, this is Telltale, I don't really expect it to be fixed nor do I expect to hear anything from them on this matter. We're still waiting on Zer0's voice to be fixed in TFTBL.

• edited August 2016

It is not a glitch. I believe Zer0's voice actor suffered from Throat cancer so his voice is no longer what it use to be.

• I think they'll fix it, this is quite a big problem.

Well good to know I wasn't the only one experience problems like this. I was worried that my computer was struggling to meet the requirement

• I believe someone, I think it was Pierre Shorette, confirmed it was a glitch, and 9 months later, it's still not fixed, I should know, I just replayed it a couple of weeks ago.

• Everyone on Steam is writing about their framerate, well even Batman Arkham Knight works better on my laptop ;_;

Sign in to comment in this discussion.