Game running slow

Comments

• Same.

Hey, I understand. I also played it on window instead of fullscreen, because I really wanted it to run smoothly. I have to admit, just thinking about how much better it could have been if everything ran smoothly, just makes me want to cry.

• I was going to say that it runs worse on my computer and that probably it was because my hardware is worse. But if that's how you see it with everything at the lowest possible setting, then it's probably the same, and it's very uncomfortable to play like that.

keep in mind this is all being played on low everything in a VERY tiny window, and the action scenes in the first 15 minutes are mostly terr

• Mine is super slow too. Did they fix it for anyone? I can play every other ttg just fine, so I don't think the problem is with my drivers

• Hopefully they'll make sure TWD S3 doesn't suffer from these same issues. Honestly going to wait for impressions on that one before purchasing, if it's as unoptimized and glitchy as Batman. If it is, I'll just wait until the season pass is cheap.

J-Master posted: »

Yeah it seems like Telltale just updated the engine and didn't do anything else.

• MicahMoo11MicahMoo11 Banned
    edited August 2016

Wright Micah Final Build 14 now 13, Telltale Community

i am running Intel graphics 4000 and 4600 card on anther laptop, but I did got 20 and 30 fps by removing telltale cloud save under the save opten to your batman setting Manu. (windows vista and 7 only)
    update 1 it sames that telltale is no langer saving your saves on the steam clued like they previase games your only option is to back up your deta
    at this time people running intel graphics I advise not buying it at all onlise you have windows 7 or vista with samthy draver instelled.

and for people running Intel graphics I hardly advise running Phdgd ivy drive Build 3.0 (Intel had graphics 4000). I wont gave you the lick because this driver is not really indise by Intel. someone in the community made this drivers but that card got this batman game to work. however you can enable telltale cloud save but your be playing us 9 or 8 fps. that is not aldale game play.

update 2 edited: windows vista samthy driver called 5.14.13.2824 also known as Intel hd graphics 4000. is now playable. I do have problems of crossing at times base on lick of DirectX 11.1 port kb2670838 like windows 7. but for you guys running Intel graphics that platform update or internet explorer 11 may not to work right on 4th or 3rd graphics. so just install windows 7 convenience rollup update also known as kb3125575. it sames to me is that the batman game whets something in windows 7 that is not included unlose you do kb3125575. (not tested) you can punch windows update to the latest without kb3125575. to see if that works.

update 3: windows 10 is not playable on any Intel graphics drivers I can find on the internet your base bit is to downgrade including the 6th gen graphics. for some reason when you clack run on windows 7. it goes to windows 8 mode every time. this is not the case in previse windows systems. it sames that windows 8 mode is more graphics intensive.

• I wouldn't say you're spoiled for wanting a game to run at least at a consistent 30fps. Considering the console versions are also poor when it comes to performance based on what I've read, Batman was likely just rushed out the door. Probably should've polished it for an extra month.

keep in mind this is all being played on low everything in a VERY tiny window, and the action scenes in the first 15 minutes are mostly terr

• Compared to my game yours is going great lmao. Usually I can't even get through the helicopter scene without my screen crashing apparantly orz

Took the liberty of uploading the first 9 minutes of the game on my specs. This is fucking ridiculous. (sorry about the weird cropping I had to capture it from a window since fullscreen breaks the fucking game.

• I'd play the PS3 version any day (which means in a few weeks since its been delayed). Sure it will be a mess, but I'm confident it would run better than what I'm playing currently and I would actually be able to play the game fullscreen on my TV.

MichaelBP posted: »

I wouldn't say you're spoiled for wanting a game to run at least at a consistent 30fps. Considering the console versions are also poor when

• Well, we'll see how the last gen ports are by then, though the PS4 version supposedly dropping to 20fps doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence. But hey, at least it'll run in fullscreen. How they forgot to put a fullscreen mode is beyond me. I thought it couldn't get worse than Quantum Break not having the option to exit the game on PC, in the menu.

I'd play the PS3 version any day (which means in a few weeks since its been delayed). Sure it will be a mess, but I'm confident it would run better than what I'm playing currently and I would actually be able to play the game fullscreen on my TV.

• Its there! Its just broken for me at every resolution except the maxed one.

MichaelBP posted: »

Well, we'll see how the last gen ports are by then, though the PS4 version supposedly dropping to 20fps doesn't exactly fill me with much c

• edited August 2016

Oh I see, I thought it wasn't even there, my bad. Still, pretty terriblle it doesn't work with lower resolutions. That reminds me of MN9 at launch (don't know if they fixed it), it had a VSynch option that didn't do shit, on consoles.

Its there! Its just broken for me at every resolution except the maxed one.

• My gameplay with fps counter here:
    It's at 800x600 resolution
    Intel Core i7 4510u
    Nvidia Geforce 840m
    8gb RAM
    Good job Telltale

• we have the exact same specs. Nice to know how the FPS actually is now. Also had no idea you could die in the opening fight.

oski165 posted: »

My gameplay with fps counter here: It's at 800x600 resolution Intel Core i7 4510u Nvidia Geforce 840m 8gb RAM Good job Telltale

• edited August 2016

Wow... a laptop that is above the minimum requirements can run it at 800x600 at mostly sub 20fps... and yet a laptop with the same specs can run GTAV at 1366x768 above 30fps seemingly all the time, with a mix of some settings on normal and others on high, with FXAA on and VSync off. Such good optimization.

oski165 posted: »

My gameplay with fps counter here: It's at 800x600 resolution Intel Core i7 4510u Nvidia Geforce 840m 8gb RAM Good job Telltale

• This is what happens when I try to put the game in full screen. It freezes like this.

enter image description here

• Did anyone try to change the options for the game in the video card control panel?

• edited August 2016

I have, it does nothing. I set all the video card options to favor performance over quality and it doesn't do a thing.

papai46 posted: »

Did anyone try to change the options for the game in the video card control panel?

• They've justed tweeted about the "patch". I hope they're not thinking it solved a lot/enough to make the game playable.

• I mean, did you try using changing the options so the game uses the Nvidia card instead of the integrated one?

I have, it does nothing. I set all the video card options to favor performance over quality and it doesn't do a thing.

• YES. That was the first thing I did yesterday. I'm getting so tired of hearing that solution!

papai46 posted: »

I mean, did you try using changing the options so the game uses the Nvidia card instead of the integrated one?

• Sorry, i just said that because some people were saying that it helped.

YES. That was the first thing I did yesterday. I'm getting so tired of hearing that solution!

• edited August 2016

I found a fix for the freezing laptop issue with nvidia/intel optimus graphics, what you basically have to do is use some sort of manual resolution switcher like HRC, set up the resolution you want and since I, like freelancepolicefan11 and oski165 have an 840m gpu can basically only relatively run the game in 800x600 resolution set it up in HRC with the first slot is 800 x 600 and my personal hotkey for switching to that resolution is "-" and then i leave the second slot in HRC my default desktop resolution which is 1366 x 768 with this hotkey being "+" and i basically load up the game windowed and go to "setting" and then "graphics" with HRC.

I use my 800x600 hotkey which is "-" to change the resolution and the whole screen will freeze but it's normal and with the screen frozen i either type the escape key twice and press enter, then I alt+enter into fullscreen and it works.If you're using the xbox 360/xbox one controller for me i press b twice and then a and then i use alt+enter to go into fullscreen mode. Warning after you exit out your resoluton will be messed up but you just press the hotkey for your default resolution on HRC and then i just close the hrc program after. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! What i got from this is that optimus doesn't actually bother to change resolutions when running batman for some reason, so you have to manually change the resolution to play full screen, it's very odd. Also, keep in mind that you need to do this EVERY TIME you want to run the game in fullscreen

• That just complicates things tbh.

oddball222 posted: »

I found a fix for the freezing laptop issue with nvidia/intel optimus graphics, what you basically have to do is use some sort of manual res

• edited August 2016

...I think I'll wait for a patch. This seems too complicated If I have to manually do this every time

That's pretty cool you figured that out though.

oddball222 posted: »

I found a fix for the freezing laptop issue with nvidia/intel optimus graphics, what you basically have to do is use some sort of manual res

• Well, in any case the only fix I have found is by manually changing your desktop resolution.

• I got the same exact error. I don't know what the fuck shoud I do. :(

I got this error when trying to run the game DirectX Error: Unknown Error 0x887 A0004 Anyone else? Or am I the only one?

• Just to add one more thing to the topic at hand of things running slow, I also agree that there needs to completely be texture settings or just ANY type of graphical settings that you can adjust to your specific gpu. I know the telltale staff want the game played with it's intended graphic settings, but it's just too slow, it bums me out since Michonne ran perfectly fine on this laptop and then this Batman struggling to break 30 fps.

• I can't even start the fricking game, it just says: Unknown error 0x887A0004

It's a DirectX error but I don't know what to do.

Telltale, in the words of Mr. Toad: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

• in the words of Mr. Toad: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

When did he say that? I can't remember.

I can't even start the fricking game, it just says: Unknown error 0x887A0004 It's a DirectX error but I don't know what to do. Telltale, in the words of Mr. Toad: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

• NVIDIA's Dynamic Screen Resolution doesn't work.

And make the mouse move only for a portion of the screen... :\

• You guys are making it sound like your trying to play call of duty or a batman arkham game where fpas counters matters this is a narrative game based purely of decisions and a few qte's fps should be low low but 20-30 fps is all thats really needed. Still i hope they get it runnin a little better.

• You don't get it, do you? People can't even get 30 fps, the game is unplayable right now!

Goldrock posted: »

You guys are making it sound like your trying to play call of duty or a batman arkham game where fpas counters matters this is a narrative g

• New 24.3mb update on steam.

• have they added to texture option into the Telltale client version yet?

• I got so excited, but I see no changes. Damn it

Tolispro posted: »

New 24.3mb update on steam.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

If it's any consolation, know that Telltale are still working on fixing these problems. They're well aware of what's going on, and they're doing the best they can to identify what's causing the issues and getting them fixed up. Keep the feedback up in the mean time, as it ultimately helps in tracking down the problem(s). And while I totally understand the frustration, try to keep it as civil as you can.

• Hey guys, I don't know what happened, but I came back this morning and fiddled with the resolution a bit and it worked just fine with minimal lag.

• As long as the daily updates keep coming I'll remain calm. A little bummed the bigger update did absolutely nothing for me, but hey their working on it. I'll try to remain optimistic

Deltino posted: »

If it's any consolation, know that Telltale are still working on fixing these problems. They're well aware of what's going on, and they're d

• in the wolf among us episode 3, in a letter he send to crane

in the words of Mr. Toad: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! When did he say that? I can't remember.

• Did they just upload the same 2nd patch twice? Because nothing changed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.