Game running slow

Comments

• edited August 2016

WHAT no way

oski165 posted: »

Everyone on Steam is writing about their framerate, well even Batman Arkham Knight works better on my laptop ;_;

• edited August 2016

Jesus, i just think about TWD S3 and i don't feel good. C'mone Telltale do optimize or bring back old engine, I can't miss season three!

• Gotta keep up the Batman video game reputation mate

• True even the best graphics games work much better atm. Very low framerates unable to play

• hows the ps4 version?

• ah man i was so hyped to play this... why do only bad things happen to us??

• Console versions are fine.

gmc1992 posted: »

hows the ps4 version?

• maybe if we mute the game and then think of it as a very high tech flipbook animation

Well good to know I wasn't the only one experience problems like this. I was worried that my computer was struggling to meet the requirement

• Okkkkkkkkk so anyone else suffering from this Beta-test game? I mean wft? Black lines appearing from characters, the mouse is horribly adjusted, so much that I can't go down all the way and I have to play on window mode and game lags...

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2016

Alright, time to be the odd man out; I played through the intro, and it's actually running relatively stable for me. There's still some hitches and framerate drops, but nowhere near as bad as most people are having. At best, I manage to hit the expected 60 fps, but more often than not it drops to around 40.

I guess I was the lucky one? Either way, even if it's playing good for the most part, there's still some lag I can notice. One of the things I picked up on is this game uses quite a lot of memory to run, according to task manager. The damn thing is taking up like 35% of my memory by itself. I'm going to guess whatever is causing the massive lag is related to that. But I could be wrong.

• You know you fucked up when Arkham Knight runs better than your game.

oski165 posted: »

Everyone on Steam is writing about their framerate, well even Batman Arkham Knight works better on my laptop ;_;

• I'm having the same issue, I just got it from Steam. It's lagging badly and there are black lines everywhere. In the past I've had problems with Telltale and all I got was a "sorry, we can't help you." So I really hope that isn't the case this time. I adore Telltale's games and I was so excited for this one. Now I'm beyond bummed. Praying it gets fixed soon.

• Currently having trouble even playing the game. Whenever the game reach the opening scene, it just shuts and go back to my screen. I thought it was just my laptop, but it seems that other players have trouble too.

I am as sad as Bruce Wayne right now. :(

• I got a permanent white screen now after changing to full screen. aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhHHHha

• I managed to briefly get the game to run. But it looks horrible with the glitchy background and lagging pace. So I decided to exit the game, in order to keep this from ruining my experience further.

I got a permanent white screen now after changing to full screen. aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhHHHha

• I'm following steps a telltale employee gave me in the support thread. I was getting ready to launch the episode, but wanted to go into full screen which created a beautiful white screen that won't go away. I'm going to try to reinstall the game and try again.

I managed to briefly get the game to run. But it looks horrible with the glitchy background and lagging pace. So I decided to exit the game, in order to keep this from ruining my experience further.

• Tell me if that helps.

I am wondering if more powerful PC have any trouble.

I'm following steps a telltale employee gave me in the support thread. I was getting ready to launch the episode, but wanted to go into full

• edited August 2016

The game was running slow for me as well, as it was using my integrated graphics and not my graphics card for whatever reason (this has happened with both MCSM and Michonne as well). It might be doing the same for some of you, so I hope this will help.
    1.First, right click the game in your steam library and click properties.
    2.Go to the local files tab and click browse local files.
    3.In there, right click the version of the game you're using (windows 7 or windows 8+), and drag your mouse over "run with graphics processor". If you have a GPU, you will be presented with three options. You can just click the option that uses your GPU, but you'll have to do this each time you launch the game, so instead, click on "Change Default Graphics Processor", click add in there, find Batman in the list, and click accept.
    I only know this works for Nvidia cards, sorry for any AMD users since I don't know if this will work for you. Sorry for the wall of text and hope this was helpful to somebody. :)

• I'm still getting a white screen after reinstalling. DId the game just fucking break. Am I fucked. REALLY?!

• edited August 2016

Hang in there buddy :'(

I'm still getting a white screen after reinstalling. DId the game just fucking break. Am I fucked. REALLY?!

• Same, I was able to play it on low res and without full screen but then it crashed right in the beginning

I'm still getting a white screen after reinstalling. DId the game just fucking break. Am I fucked. REALLY?!

• Alt+Enter worked to get the white screen off, but I still can't use fullscreen without it freezing the picture.

Same, I was able to play it on low res and without full screen but then it crashed right in the beginning

• I am only who interestingly why Batman is not being logged on steam?

• Nvidia DSR doesn't work.

BTW, what are the differences between Win7 and Win8 versions?

• Good question, I absolutely do not feel the difference.

Nvidia DSR doesn't work. BTW, what are the differences between Win7 and Win8 versions?

• edited August 2016

I attempted the first action sequence and stopped. The lag was so bad It didn't track my button presses. They better fix it by at least this week. This is getting fucking embarrassing.

• Same issue on PS4, and QTEs teleport onto my screen without warning, without the usual prompt (slow motion, a noise, etc) that one's coming up

• same problem, so IT IS the game

Alt+Enter worked to get the white screen off, but I still can't use fullscreen without it freezing the picture.

• I just ran into a glitch where the sound effects are muted as well as the music but only the voices can be heard.

• edited August 2016

I also bought it on Steam and it runs really poorly, which is a shame. The problem is that not only makes the game look bad, it also makes the action scenes impossible to play. When a QTE appears you cannot input the command. Even if you are fast enough to see it in a couple of frames, the game doesn't register the command. Technically, it doesn't matter in some cases, but it can get you killed and also... c'mon, I pressed the key on time!

Apart from that, when Bruce is watching a different scene on a screen it really affects the performance. Ironically, when the camera switches to the actual broadcast, the performance is almost perfect.

I hope they work on fixing it. I played through the episode. but I would recommend anybody who's just bought it and not actually started it to wait a bit for a fix. It's really worth playing it smoothly.

Oh, and I had already selected my Nvidia card as the default one. I've doubled checked when I've seen everybody is saying that might be a solution, but it hasn't really made a difference for me. Bummer.

• Why telltale why such a crappy release on PC why

• Who will just play batman Arkham asylum while waiting for bug fix I will :)

• Alright, I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait till Telltale iron out these issues before playing the episode again.

• Me too Batman Arkham series here I come

J-Master posted: »

Alright, I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait till Telltale iron out these issues before playing the episode again.

• What's better Batman Arkham Asylum or Batman Arkham city

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Out of curiosity, what graphics cards are you guys running? Nvidia, or AMD? Might have something to do with the cards possibly.

• Still no bug fix I'm disappointed telltale come on give US the BUG FIXES

• AMD

Deltino posted: »

Out of curiosity, what graphics cards are you guys running? Nvidia, or AMD? Might have something to do with the cards possibly.

• One question should I buy Batman the telltale series on PC just curious

• Nvidia

Deltino posted: »

Sign in to comment in this discussion.