Game running slow

Comments

• What exactly is the Telltale and GOG version?

OzzyUK posted: »

They added details about the patch to this support article. We have now released a PC patch that should resolve performance and other

• edited August 2016

Fullscreen is still broken and the new settings for textures sort of helps (I think?) its hard to tell actually. I did manage to get my first achievement, but I won't be finishing the episode in this condition until more patches release.

They added details about the patch to this support article. We have now released a PC patch that should resolve performance and other

• have people tested the Graphic setting if it actually adjust the graphics?

If the setting is not affecting the graphics then the setting may still be putting it on Ultra even if players set it to low, medium, or High.

Fullscreen is still broken and the new settings for textures sort of helps (I think?) its hard to tell actually. I did manage to get my first achievement, but I won't be finishing the episode in this condition until more patches release.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The Telltale version is the one purchased directly from the Telltale store and GOG on the one purchased form Good Old Games.

J-Master posted: »

What exactly is the Telltale and GOG version?

• I guess the PlayStation store doesn't count.

The Telltale version is the one purchased directly from the Telltale store and GOG on the one purchased form Good Old Games.

• edited August 2016

Nah It's just High Perfomance or High Quality-

I change to either and it still laggish/slowish for now

EdwinL posted: »

have people tested the Graphic setting if it actually adjust the graphics? If the setting is not affecting the graphics then the setting may still be putting it on Ultra even if players set it to low, medium, or High.

• Well call me Batman, I can play the game on my laptop now. At least it runs.

• edited August 2016

okay I can deal with 20-30 FPS if I can actually get fullscreen to work

• Got mine working by disabling the intel hd graphics in device manager, guess it was using that instead of the nvidia card.

• I might just have to wait until they put out a new Patch for the framerate issue-- and maybe add a medium or low texture settings too.

OTL

• Are able to get a full screen or does it just go to a white screen when turning it on.

Saiyamon posted: »

I might just have to wait until they put out a new Patch for the framerate issue-- and maybe add a medium or low texture settings too. OTL

• Well, the 10 MB download didn't help. And I can only test with tiny bits, to make sure I don't pass the time limit so I can actually refund it, if they don't fix this properly

• Well I'm playing this on PS4 so I don't have major technical issues, although I will say that Wolf Among Us ran a LOT smoother than Batman. But what I wanted to mention is that I just checked the play through for this game by BatmanArkhamVideos (clue's in the name, he's kind of the definitive player for the Batman Arkham series but now he covers this one as well) and for some reason on his pc it runs like a charm. As far as I could tell it was 60 fps all the way through (which was so satisfying to watch btw). Now, I'm not saying that it's not a problem with the game, because this guy got Arkham Knight running like butter on pc on day one which definitely was a game with problems on pc. But it is kind of weird isn't it? I'm not trying to market anything, but you can check the video out and see for yourself (SPOILERS... DUH).

• edited August 2016

Nah I don't have those problems- i'm able to use full screen just the framerate issue where it's just slowish.

Are able to get a full screen or does it just go to a white screen when turning it on.

• I got this error when trying to run the game

DirectX Error:

Unknown Error 0x887 A0004

Anyone else? Or am I the only one?

• Is there a difference between the two?

Saiyamon posted: »

Nah It's just High Perfomance or High Quality- I change to either and it still laggish/slowish for now

• I don't really feel a differences.

Leluch123 posted: »

Is there a difference between the two?

• Not really, it doesn't feel like it, like what Edwin says they might still have it up on an Ultra setting automatically.

Leluch123 posted: »

Is there a difference between the two?

• I always get DirectX Error: False Parameter when i want to play with Windows 7 and with windows 8+ i cant even start it.
    I am so pissed!

• Any help?

I got this error when trying to run the game DirectX Error: Unknown Error 0x887 A0004 Anyone else? Or am I the only one?

• edited August 2016

Logged in steam, download the patch, go into the game and saw "it" a mystical message. Speaking in russian it sounds like " make sure your graphics card driver to an active state," it's just.. the best of google translate lol.

Played on i5 3470
    16 GB of RAM
    GTX 770
    Almost Always 60 fps, only in the cave in some places fps dropped to 20-30 but this is not a problem for me.

What about the DirectX Error, some users in the steam helped install the update windose 7 at this link
    And the updates for sp1 from here:
    I hope this will help.

• edited August 2016

So, anything above 1080p is bugged due invisible box that keeps the mouse contained is capped on that size. Why?!?

Not to sound entitled but I want to play the game on monitor's native resolution if possible.

I heard the game favors integrated graphics so disable that option and it's forced to use your graphic card.

• How do you do that

Bonusjuice posted: »

Got mine working by disabling the intel hd graphics in device manager, guess it was using that instead of the nvidia card.

• Can I still play it if I have AMD graphics and processer

Well call me Batman, I can play the game on my laptop now. At least it runs.

• edited August 2016

can i play it with my processer and graphics card

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
    RAM 3.45 GB
    OS Windows 10

• edited August 2016

Cant maintain a locked 60fps in a game that requires a gts 450 and a dual core is nigh on disgraceful, that shows a lack of optimisation on the PC side. The fact you even thought releasing in this state was okay is a joke. Unless you had no QA. But its the PC version right who cares. Its dropping frames any time there is even a little bit of geometry on screen. I could deal with 50+ but its gotten as low as 23 ffs and almost completely freezes at certain points especially QTE's.

Edit: After watching a PS4 lets play, the framerate is even worse on consoles looks choppy as fuck. No respect for your customers at all...

• how did you do that ? i go on Control Panel > Hardware/Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 ?

Bonusjuice posted: »

Got mine working by disabling the intel hd graphics in device manager, guess it was using that instead of the nvidia card.

1. Right click desktop screen
    2. Click on "NVIDIA Control Panel"
    3. Click "Manage 3D settings" on the left side of the screen
    4. Go to "Program Settings"
    5. Click "Add" (if batman is not in the drop down beside add)
    6. Click Batman
    7. Chage Integrated Graphics to "NVIDIA Porcessor" (located in the drop down menu under program to customize)

I did this and the game became playable but it started to lose frames after a while and I have all the required specs.

amoore12321 posted: »

How do you do that

• I have played 2 hours of the game and haven't finished the prologue. Keep relaunching and hoping it will be fixed. (Yes I have changed my graphics from integrated)

• edited August 2016

Consoles don't seem to be much better based on posts I've read over on Neogaf.

Started it up on PS4 and the technical performance is atrocious. It's extremely distracting.

I've played Borderlands, both Walking Dead seasons, Wolf Among Us, and Game of Thrones on PS4 and none of them were like this. Game of Thrones was bad, but not this bad.
    Also there seems to be no antialiasing, so it really looks like shit. If the framerate wasn't distracting enough, the shimmering jaggies help a lot

Wow does this run poorly on Xbox One, I don't think it's even hitting 30 FPS consistently. Didn't they say they were making a new engine?

Can't wait to hear about the last gen versions. Expecting 10fps.

• Yeah this level of performance in a really linear game with graphics that aren't anything special, compared to other games, is pretty unacceptable. Glad I decided to wait until the season pass is at least 50% off.

Martindn posted: »

Cant maintain a locked 60fps in a game that requires a gts 450 and a dual core is nigh on disgraceful, that shows a lack of optimisation on

• Glad I'm not the only one having frame rate issues.

MichaelBP posted: »

Consoles don't seem to be much better based on posts I've read over on Neogaf. Started it up on PS4 and the technical performance is a

• Yeah, it seems like it's really unoptimized on all platforms. I mean seriously, what's more taxing for the PS4, Doom and MGSV which both run at 1080p60 (well sometimes Doom drops the res below 1080p, but it stays at it most of the time according to Digital Foundry)? Or Batman which looks worse than either of them, aand supposedly fluctuates between 20 to 60fps?

J-Master posted: »

Glad I'm not the only one having frame rate issues.

• Yeah it seems like Telltale just updated the engine and didn't do anything else.

MichaelBP posted: »

Yeah, it seems like it's really unoptimized on all platforms. I mean seriously, what's more taxing for the PS4, Doom and MGSV which both run

• Ever since first opening it on PC, it's been SO laggy for me, to the point where I haven't been able to play it for more than one minute without getting too frustrated. I'm so angry, I got so excited and spent money on this game and now I can't even play it. It doesn't help to have no idea when - or IF - the issues will be resolved either. So disappointed.

• edited August 2016

Took the liberty of uploading the first 9 minutes of the game on my specs. This is fucking ridiculous. (sorry about the weird cropping I had to capture it from a window since fullscreen breaks the fucking game.

• No offense, but to me, it seems like your game ran so much better than mine. Mine just lags every time I was in an action sequence.

Took the liberty of uploading the first 9 minutes of the game on my specs. This is fucking ridiculous. (sorry about the weird cropping I had to capture it from a window since fullscreen breaks the fucking game.

• edited August 2016

keep in mind this is all being played on low everything in a VERY tiny window, and the action scenes in the first 15 minutes are mostly terrible. Cat woman's fight is actually not terrible for some reason, but those fucking criminals lag the game super hard!

I know I'm spoiled, but I want to be able to play on fullscreen at least at 30 FPS consistently.

No offense, but to me, it seems like your game ran so much better than mine. Mine just lags every time I was in an action sequence.

• Hey, I understand. I also played it on window instead of fullscreen, because I really wanted it to run smoothly.

I have to admit, just thinking about how much better it could have been if everything ran smoothly, just makes me want to cry. :'(

keep in mind this is all being played on low everything in a VERY tiny window, and the action scenes in the first 15 minutes are mostly terr

• edited August 2016

it is probably due to how Heavy Texture the scene area is.

heck my computer use a 6GB RAM but once the scene moves to any heavy texture locations the game begins to slow down and lags.

Part of the reason why I push for the return of texture graphic options (choosing from low, medium, high and ultra) into this game since certain parts of the game is very Texture heavy and can strain computers on Ultra setting which is the natural Default graphic level.

keep in mind this is all being played on low everything in a VERY tiny window, and the action scenes in the first 15 minutes are mostly terr

Sign in to comment in this discussion.