Game running slow

Comments

• Heya, just reporting in. I have played until Bruce talks to Falcone. The patch slightly improved the combat sequence. But the initial clash against the robbers still feels chucky, but the Catwoman fight feels improved. While the dialogue is mostly fine, it still have the same lagging and chucky feel to it. Simply put, it still doesn't run smoothly.

The frame rate keeps going up and down.

• :/

I really wanted to play this game and today is my birthday.

I got the same exact error. I don't know what the fuck shoud I do.

• edited August 2016

I just asked a refund. If it starts working properly, I'll hear about it and might give it another chance.

• I played again after patch . Still lagging with low fps

Heya, just reporting in. I have played until Bruce talks to Falcone. The patch slightly improved the combat sequence. But the initial clash

• Same here :/

I can't even start the fricking game, it just says: Unknown error 0x887A0004 It's a DirectX error but I don't know what to do. Telltale, in the words of Mr. Toad: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

• Do you have skype? If you know a fix, please tell me.

I can't even start the fricking game, it just says: Unknown error 0x887A0004 It's a DirectX error but I don't know what to do. Telltale, in the words of Mr. Toad: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

• I don't know how to fix it.

Do you have skype? If you know a fix, please tell me. skype: burnzsamp123

• Just a question: what type of computer do you guys have, desktop or laptop?

• Where can I download this patch from?

• It auto downloads on Steam.

tescoviron posted: »

Where can I download this patch from?

• edited August 2016

Their retweeting stuff about the patch improving all the problems. My game is still a mess with a low FPS and any resolution except for my default desktop resolution breaks fullscreen.

• Bought this against my better judgment after seeing the comments, as I've never personally had a problem with Telltale games before (having played TWD Season 1, 2, and Michonne, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones on this) and the game is essentially unplayable for me. It stutters and hiccups so much that I constantly fail button sequences. I'm not expecting 60FPS with my system, but I was getting better and more consistent framerates out of The Witcher 3 with high textures. I'm going to wait a week or so see if any more news comes out on a patch but if not, I guess I'll just refund.

• Too bad, because I downloaded my game from telltale.com:(

papai46 posted: »

It auto downloads on Steam.

• If I wanna refund this game, how much time do I have before that option expires?

• edited August 2016

2 weeks since you bought it. And can't have played more than 2 hours of it. Good luck.

Quiff posted: »

If I wanna refund this game, how much time do I have before that option expires?

• Laptop. To be honest, when I launched it for the first time I thought: "Oh boy, time to get a new computer", but my PC meets the minimum requirements by a stretch. Then I saw that people was starting to complaint and I realised the game's optimization is not the best.

Just a question: what type of computer do you guys have, desktop or laptop?

• Same.

carletes147 posted: »

Laptop. To be honest, when I launched it for the first time I thought: "Oh boy, time to get a new computer", but my PC meets the minimum req

• If you were getting a more consistent framerate in TW3 on high, than there is no reason this shouldn't run at 60fps. I mean, it's an open world RPG with great visuals versus a very linear game that doesn't look anywhere near as good as TW3. There is no reason why this game should be more demanding.

MrKrory posted: »

Bought this against my better judgment after seeing the comments, as I've never personally had a problem with Telltale games before (having

• Not like they were consistently HIGH framerates. Usually around the 25 range, but even when there was lots of baddies on screen it never dipped below 20 (and it was mostly just textures I kept high - shadows and stuff I had to turn low). I know it's not ideal and most people wouldn't settle for it, but I'm very easy to please, and I never felt like it ruined the game per se. I mean, I work with what I get.

But I just tried it again today, making sure I was on my dedicated NVIDIA card, anti-aliasing off, and set to high performance (although I get no change between this and high quality), and I was getting an average of 14-15 FPS during the scene of Harvey's speech in the beginning, dropping immediately to single digits for scenes like the entire thug scenario prior to the Harvey speech or even the very intro when the thugs are talking about Batman. It made it so that I ended up hitting a Game Over screen six times in a row in one scene because it was so slow that it wasn't even registering my button presses - and I think most can agree Telltale games are pretty damn hard to fail at usually.

MichaelBP posted: »

If you were getting a more consistent framerate in TW3 on high, than there is no reason this shouldn't run at 60fps. I mean, it's an open wo

• Alright, we'll see how I do, thank you.

2 weeks since you bought it. And can't have played more than 2 hours of it. Good luck.

• edited August 2016

Found a fix for the white screen... maybe, here: Open your steam folder (usually found on your C driver) and find the game's directory and find the version you use (the Windows 8 or 7 version) and right click it, click on properties then click on the compatibility tab and tick "diable display scaling on dpi" and should fix it btw, the game has to be on same resolution as your desktop. Also, i know this doesn't work for you Freelance.

EDIT: you can find your game folder more easily by right clicking the game on your Steam list, clicking on properties, local files and then on browse local files.

• I think I found a fix. Add me on skype so we can talk more.

I don't know how to fix it.

• Please could you instead send a private message? I don't use Skype anymore.

I think I found a fix. Add me on skype so we can talk more.

• hmmm.... I used the latest patch but still the error.

I thought telltale fixed it but nevermind :(

Please could you instead send a private message? I don't use Skype anymore.

• Any fix for this? I would be thankful.

Error:

http://imgur.com/a/4BJhK

Found a fix for the white screen... maybe, here: Open your steam folder (usually found on your C driver) and find the game's directory and f

• If they don't release a patch today we're going to get 2 days of silence, which just sounds awful.

• Still, I don't see why a game which has a GTX 660 and quad core CPU as it's minimum requirements should run better than a game which has a gts 450 and dual core CPU ad it's minimum requirements. Just really poor optimization. And yeah, I can see how a really low framerate can just lead to deaths in a QTE heavy game, because of the terrible response time/input lag.

btw, what are your PC's specs?

Not like they were consistently HIGH framerates. Usually around the 25 range, but even when there was lots of baddies on screen it never dip

• It's only an Nvidia 940m with 2 VRAM I believe. i5-5200 2.2 GHZ. I've learned to always go in with tempered expectations because I don't have a gaming PC but I at least thought Telltale would be something that was always safe.

Still, I don't see why a game which has a GTX 660 and quad core CPU as it's minimum requirements should run better than a game which has a

• edited August 2016

Well, I believe the 940m is still quite a bit better than the gts 450, and going off of tje benchmarks on notebookcheck.com, it could run games like Bioshock Infinite and GTAV at an average of 55 fps, on medium settings at 768p. You could even squeeze an avg of 42fps on high, with Bioshock Infinite. Even at these settings I'm still pretty sire they'd be more demanding than Batman. Such a shame it was released in a very poor state.

It's only an Nvidia 940m with 2 VRAM I believe. i5-5200 2.2 GHZ. I've learned to always go in with tempered expectations because I don't have a gaming PC but I at least thought Telltale would be something that was always safe.

• Great, played the entire episode almost perfectly but now when i try to open it, it shows the opening, i press the mouse and the game goes black, just the cursor with no menu, no nothing.

• Well... at least now I know I should be able to run GTAV somewhat, thanks.

Guess I'll just wait and see for some kind of patch. If not, there's always Xbox I suppose.

Well, I believe the 940m is still quite a bit better than the gts 450, and going off of tje benchmarks on notebookcheck.com, it could run ga

• edited August 2016

have they update the graphic setting yet?

Now my game is stuck in a Black screen when I turn on the game and enter the Main menu page.

• Same thing happened to me.

EdwinL posted: »

have they update the graphic setting yet? Now my game is stuck in a Black screen when I turn on the game and enter the Main menu page.

• Played through the whole episode and I...Loved it. I can't stay mad at Telltale forever, but they still need to optimize the PC version! I shouldn't have to be playing in a small window at the lowest resolution.

• Good to see you got it fixed sort of :)

Played through the whole episode and I...Loved it. I can't stay mad at Telltale forever, but they still need to optimize the PC version! I shouldn't have to be playing in a small window at the lowest resolution.

• Yeah "Fixed" by bloating my desktop resolution to make the 680 X 620 window bigger and still getting drops as low as 15, but as high as 60 (a scene near the end was running at 60 consistently which shocked me). I'll just say after the catwoman fight the game runs Wayyy better.

Good to see you got it fixed sort of

• Well at least you got to play through the episode. Even though it was probably a huge pain in the ass, they still got the story through in the end.

Yeah "Fixed" by bloating my desktop resolution to make the 680 X 620 window bigger and still getting drops as low as 15, but as high as 60 (

• edited August 2016

Oh definitely it was fantastic, its up there with Zer0 Sum for me.

Well at least you got to play through the episode. Even though it was probably a huge pain in the ass, they still got the story through in the end.

• Make sure you are launching the game with correct windows version selected. If so, try running the game in compatibility mode. That error code is usually for an incompatible driver issue.

Any fix for this? I would be thankful. Error: http://imgur.com/a/4BJhK

• Now my game seems to be faster, but when I click anywhere to start the game my screen starts loading (with the white bat on the corner) and then just turns black and stays black. Anyone's got a fix?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.