Evaluating Character Designs

Comments

• In fact her overall colors kinda reminded me of Jubilee from X-men.

I like that picture

DabigRG posted: »

Lol, Becca is only in season 2 for about 10 seconds so why would that bother you? Purely an aesthetical nitpick. I know I'm not a mo

• I don't really get how Clementine is so cold in E1S1, I mean, can't she just take the coat of a damn dead person?

TheMPerson posted: »

Man why couldn't the Cabin crew just broke into a fashion mall and let us pick the winter outfits... (like small "breather" moments) I mean if they are able to animate different scars on Clementine, this shouldn't be a big deal.

• E1S1

Well stuff was happening, chaos was everywhere, I don't think they had a time to find a corpse of someone that matches Clem's size.

I don't really get how Clementine is so cold in E1S1, I mean, can't she just take the coat of a damn dead person?

• If you're cold in the apocalypse, where we have dead people everywhere, I don't think the size of the coat would matter.

I prefer using a coat 10x bigger than me and not be cold, I mean, who's judging? Not Christa. ^^

E1S1 Well stuff was happening, chaos was everywhere, I don't think they had a time to find a corpse of someone that matches Clem's size.

• Thanks, I suppose! I actually still haven't erased that yet for whatever reason and looking back at it, I don't like how Clementine and Sarah turned out. Granted, I originally drew their heads and then decided to draw their bodies on later , but those two still stand out for the wrong reasons. Clementine looks like she doesn't belong in the same show as the others, while Sarah sorta floats in and out of seeming too uncanny and almost looks like something else I've seen but can't recall. The penguin hands(and Clementine's twin crotches) don't help.

Of course, Becca also looks weird, but I don't care.

Louche posted: »

In fact her overall colors kinda reminded me of Jubilee from X-men. I like that picture

• Yeah, Luke with the hat looks like your stereotypical ten year old neighbor.

I liked Luke with the hat, but I prefer him without it.

• True. For all we know, he sings a killer ballad.

But he has that sexy voice

• speaking of outfits when you meet Jesus he sets up the dummy with a trench coat and hat. But when he steps out he is in his coat and hat. now my question is does he carry an extra coat and hat for prop purposes?

• Maybe its a thing about having certain tastes but I didn't mind the Cool Jacket Bonnie gives to Clementine, especially since cyan and purple seem to be a popular combo, for some reason. I actually think she looks cute in it.
    Oddly enough, I think this was actually meant to make her resemble Carver, as making her polyester jacket cyan while making his furcoat shit-brown seemed like it was a deliberate contrast. Carver claimed that they have a lot in common, which giving Clementine a coat for the rest of the Season could've been trying to imply given that a member of his inner circle gave it to her as a gesture of kindness.

• Okay, and serious talk here: Does anyone else think Gabe looks a little uncanny?
    enter image description here
    Maybe its another example of ANF!Clementine compared to previous characters, but something about his face looks a bit too chiseled for his age.

• He looks high tho.

Just like his lame uncle.

Okay, and serious talk here: Does anyone else think Gabe looks a little uncanny? Maybe its another example of ANF!Clementine compared to previous characters, but something about his face looks a bit too chiseled for his age.

• Gonna post this here because why not.

• Mmmm tasty.

Gonna post this here because why not.

• Yum look at those legs.. ;)

Mmmm tasty.

• Apparently, I guess it was easier than just making a model of Jesus with out his coat or hat, so instead he just fucking carries a spare outfit.

speaking of outfits when you meet Jesus he sets up the dummy with a trench coat and hat. But when he steps out he is in his coat and hat. now my question is does he carry an extra coat and hat for prop purposes?

• Ok...I have said this before....but Clementine looks great this season...especially that coat and scarf.

• hips dont lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Eh, her redesign was one of the things that wasn't really doin much for me leading up to the games release.

I do at least agree that the scarf and hoodie was neat.

Ok...I have said this before....but Clementine looks great this season...especially that coat and scarf.

• wowza bobowza

BroKenny posted: »

Sam's tits from TWDM were pretty hot. That's about all i can think of. xD

• Yeah, that's kind of a holdover from before I added the subtitle. It still technically counts, since it's one of the first things you notice about a female, but whatever. She really is the most attractive character, though(before ANF). :blush:

wowza bobowza

• edited February 2017

Clementine should've wear a stripped undershirt in S3.

• Or, given the direction, a striped bra. :roll: She did have that scarf though.

• Gotta love Luke's expression.

"ohshitohshitohshit"

• Was digging around some older thread/posts and found a few things:
    Real life Luke
    Becca without her jacket(and a different top)

• That isn't Mike that's the guy that attacked Clem and Christa

• Ok I hate Jesus' design

I don't know why but I hate that color of his Beanie

It's to bright and doesn't go with him

• It is Mike. That's an (mostly) unused model of him with his hoodie up.

Also, Mike and "Ralph" were originally intended to be the same character, hence Kenny and Luke's initial mistrust towards him and his actions at the end of the Sesaon. His scar and damaged ear were supposed to be the result of Victor accidentally shooting him due to Christa's escape.

That isn't Mike that's the guy that attacked Clem and Christa

• edited February 2017

Most of the ANF designs seem "off"
    I think season 2 was significantly better in the art department, give it that. they were more detailed, and better animated but still looked a part of the universe from season 1.
    season 3 seems like a step back. it barely resembles the series.

Okay, and serious talk here: Does anyone else think Gabe looks a little uncanny? Maybe its another example of ANF!Clementine compared to previous characters, but something about his face looks a bit too chiseled for his age.

• I agree. They crafted such an iconic look for her, not just in her clothes but in her face.
    She seems a bit more generic now.
    Course, that shit can happen in real life. Aging can be a bitch.

Eh, her redesign was one of the things that wasn't really doin much for me leading up to the games release. I do at least agree that the scarf and hoodie was neat.

• Luke looks like he has no idea what he's doing there

• edited February 2017

Where the hell does that Becca pic come from? Her arms don't even look properly modelled/rendered and her neck plus head look like they were plastered on to her body.
    Creepy.

Was digging around some older thread/posts and found a few things: Real life Luke Becca without her jacket(and a different top)

• Yeah, that was thought as well.
    "Hey, I got an idea: let's chuck our unique artstyle in favor of these Mass Effect models!"

Most of the ANF designs seem "off" I think season 2 was significantly better in the art department, give it that. they were more detailed,

• edited February 2017

Its apparently part of her original design/textures early on in development. Someone basically plastered various parts together(including Clementine's) to make that model and posted it in an older thread.

Now that you mention it, it does look off when you really look at it. Dem hips, tho.

Where the hell does that Becca pic come from? Her arms don't even look properly modelled/rendered and her neck plus head look like they were plastered on to her body. Creepy.

• That's cool! Where did telltale say that?

It is Mike. That's an (mostly) unused model of him with his hoodie up. Also, Mike and "Ralph" were originally intended to be the same cha

• edited February 2017

They didn't. It was Dan White in an interview.
    I posted a link here.

That's cool! Where did telltale say that?

• edited February 2017

Is she more "hippy"? Weird. Face still looks the same, really haggard. Like young and old at the same time.
    Have to admit, she looks cute in that blouse. Would probably look better if it was in yellow or red/pink, though.

Its apparently part of her original design/textures early on in development. Someone basically plastered various parts together(including Cl

• That works for Batman, but I don't think it works for Walking Dead.
    We also forget that the art style in season 1 was SUPPOSED to be emulating a 3D version of the art from the comics. It doesn't look like that at all anymore.

Yeah, that was thought as well. "Hey, I got an idea: let's chuck our unique artstyle in favor of these Mass Effect models!"

• That works for Batman, but I don't think it works for Walking Dead.

Yeah, I've seen reaction pics of that going around and wondered "Wtf?!"

We also forget that the art style in season 1 was SUPPOSED to be emulating a 3D version of the art from the comics. It doesn't look like that at all anymore.

Exactly!

That works for Batman, but I don't think it works for Walking Dead. We also forget that the art style in season 1 was SUPPOSED to be emulating a 3D version of the art from the comics. It doesn't look like that at all anymore.

• Why couldn't the Cabin Group change clothes in general?

Man why couldn't the Cabin crew just broke into a fashion mall and let us pick the winter outfits... (like small "breather" moments) I mean if they are able to animate different scars on Clementine, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.