Evaluating Character Designs

Comments

• I have no idea. I recon there's some sort of editor that let's you do that, as I recall seeing similar pictures with Javier, Lilly, and ANFClementine.

Louche posted: »

Yeah, weird. But I fixed it. How did they distort Arvo's face like that in your avatar?

• Well, she is a bit of a tomboy. Still, once you hold her down on her family's table, there's no mistaking... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Louche posted: »

What tits? She looked like a teenage boy.

• Okay, here's a fun exercise: Who has the best design in each group/subgroup and Why?

• Real life Beta Carver
    enter image description here
    Confirmed by Sean Ainsworth on the Telltale Stream.

• Troy was originally supposed to be Carver at an early stage too.

DabigRG posted: »

Real life Beta Carver Confirmed by Sean Ainsworth on the Telltale Stream.

• I know, then they changed it after they cast Micheal Madson and the original model a page or two back(which I still can't believe was what they could've gone with) was based on this guy. Then they changed it again to the current one, likely because the original model looks friggin hilarious and hard to take seriously considering his character.

Graysonn posted: »

Troy was originally supposed to be Carver at an early stage too.

• His moustache is just embarassing. I mean, you make Kenny in S1 have the best moustache in video game history and then you make ..THAT...yuck.

I know, then they changed it after they cast Micheal Madson and the original model a page or two back(which I still can't believe was what t

• That was my thought! And it's funny, cause my first impression aside from how pathetic he looked was "Is this from back when he was gonna be Kenny?"

His moustache is just embarassing. I mean, you make Kenny in S1 have the best moustache in video game history and then you make ..THAT...yuck.

• Gonna follow up on my early post with Ava(which I still haven't expanded on) and post "Dimitri" here in advance

• enter image description here
    Woop-WOOP! Spotlight hogging Redneck alert!

• A bathroom in the ski lodge?

• enter image description here.

{Yawn...}Wyatt's possible original design.

• Looks like Dr. Lingard got a redesign between release.

Gonna follow up on my early post with Ava(which I still haven't expanded on) and post "Dimitri" here in advance

• Okay, show of hands: does anyone like any of the Richmond Council's designs?

• The title of this thread is exactly my thoughts with David. He's got a yellow sweater and a sleeveless poofy jacket that looks like it's designed for an overweight 2nd grader. Would have much preferred a leather or jean jacket of some sort.

• Wow, actually that is kinda dumb.

BroKenny posted: »

The title of this thread is exactly my thoughts with David. He's got a yellow sweater and a sleeveless poofy jacket that looks like it's designed for an overweight 2nd grader. Would have much preferred a leather or jean jacket of some sort.

• edited April 2017

Trying to decide if I like Joan's design or not. Her Sweeney Todd hair is pretty distinguishable and the orange & yellow vest pops nicely while also going with her cargo pants and knee-highs. On the other hand, she's somewhere between Gabe and Max in uncanniness; seriously, I swear her glassy eyes are constantly derping out. And is she wearing a Christmas Sweater?!

• [removed]

Trying to decide if I like Joan's design or not. Her Sweeney Todd hair is pretty distinguishable and the orange & yellow vest pops nicel

• I do. I especially like Joan's design, she looks very grandma-ish. Clint and Lingard look good as well, the only one I'm not sure about is David. I guess I expected him to look more like a soldier and less like he's camping.

Okay, show of hands: does anyone like any of the Richmond Council's designs?

• Why does he remind me of John Kramer, the Jigsaw Killer, from Saw franchise?

Real life Beta Carver Confirmed by Sean Ainsworth on the Telltale Stream.

• I like clementine's season 3 design,but when it is night she should actually wear that red jacket instead of having it wrapped around her waist to avoid getting cold. The hat also looks cool before it has a lot of tears In it, and Lee's blood is still visible after all this time. Speaking off Lee, I like his outfit from season 1 episode 2, the colour scheme and the just what he was wearing in general were really cool. Finally, I really love AJ's season 3 design. Those overalls and the bandana he is wearing around his neck just make him look soooo cute XD

• I like clementine's season 3 design,but when it is night she should actually wear that red jacket instead of having it wrapped around her waist to avoid getting cold.

Hey, gotta stay "sexy," right?

The hat also looks cool before it has a lot of tears In it, and Lee's blood is still visible after all this time

Lol, that thing probably smells.

Speaking off Lee, I like his outfit from season 1 episode 2, the colour scheme and the just what he was wearing in general were really cool.

Yeah, I see people really like that one. Personally, I'll always prefer the violet shirt since I think it's more iconic of him.

Finally, I really love AJ's season 3 design. Those overalls and the bandana he is wearing around his neck just make him look soooo cute XD

Yeah, this installment's characters clearly like bandanas and you know, it does look good.

Melton23 posted: »

I like clementine's season 3 design,but when it is night she should actually wear that red jacket instead of having it wrapped around her wa

• Not quite sure, since I've generally stayed away from those movies.

AronDracula posted: »

Why does he remind me of John Kramer, the Jigsaw Killer, from Saw franchise?

• I love that franchise, I cannot wait to see the new Saw movie this year.

Not quite sure, since I've generally stayed away from those movies.

• Yeah, I mostly like Joan as well. I'll have to mull over whether Clint's is good or just acceptably plain, as his color scheme is very dank, but it seems to go well with his one-with-the-dirt look/personality and the gloves that match his hat are a nice touch as well.

I do. I especially like Joan's design, she looks very grandma-ish. Clint and Lingard look good as well, the only one I'm not sure about is David. I guess I expected him to look more like a soldier and less like he's camping.

• Oh crap I didn't mean to say before the hat had all of the tears in it XD I prefer it with all of the rips and stuff :3

I like clementine's season 3 design,but when it is night she should actually wear that red jacket instead of having it wrapped around her wa

• Isn't she like.. a kid

BroKenny posted: »

Sam's tits from TWDM were pretty hot. That's about all i can think of. xD

• Not with those bouncy-wilds, she ain't. Also, she's actually 22.

Daltonio posted: »

Isn't she like.. a kid

• His eye is super busted in this concept art than it is in-game, god damn.

Woop-WOOP! Spotlight hogging Redneck alert!

• I think it was Kenny who was going to be Carver, but then they created another character for the role.

Troy was originally supposed to be Carver at an early stage too.

• That's true, but Troy was also going to be Carver too before Madsen got involved.

Fangirl101 posted: »

I think it was Kenny who was going to be Carver, but then they created another character for the role.

• Oh okay, thanks for clarifying :)

That's true, but Troy was also going to be Carver too before Madsen got involved.

• Wow I never would have guessed that. Lol.

Not with those bouncy-wilds, she ain't. Also, she's actually 22.

• Yeah, a lot of us didn't. But there's a immigration passport that confirms it in-game, which a developer confirmed.

Daltonio posted: »

Wow I never would have guessed that. Lol.

• [removed]

• Uh, I think you misunderstood what this thread is about. This is about Character Designs.

• Okay. My bad.

Uh, I think you misunderstood what this thread is about. This is about Character Designs.

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited May 2017

In terms of Personality, I feel like Gabe could've turned out better if he had a decent sense of humor like Javi does. I also would've made his character more focused, level-headed, and RELATIBLE. Maybe AGRESSIVE at times, but only when NECESSARY.

In terms of Design, I would've also given Gabe a machete, crossbow, or some OTHER weapon to make him more effective in combat situations.

• I finally bought episode 1 and Kenny's new model....Oh. My. God. Could Telltale have put any less effort into it?? His beard looks like sheep wool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.