Evaluating Character Designs

Comments

• Get a room you two ;)

DabigRG posted: »

I meant it as an accessory. Like a brooch that can be pinned on her shirt. Now that you said that, that would've been a nice little

• It makes one wonder what her original role was. This character looks like "badass lesbian" to me. lmao

That too!

• Season 2. There was more color variation between characters' outfits than in season 1 and the models retained the comic book art style unlike ANF.

Which Season/Installment has your favorite designs?

• Season 2 was more colorful from the characters to the settings and the design was very similar to the comics, which I loved.

New Frontier was more darker in terms of color. The only colors mostly shown the most was black, brown, red, or a dark purple.

• It makes one wonder what her original role was.

That is a good question. If I had to guess, it's possible that the supposed cheating Dee thought Leland was doing with her was supposed to be a legit deal, given that this model makes her look considerably older.

This character looks like "badass lesbian" to me. lmao

Oh, the irony. The edgy, heartstealing irony.

Bonbomb posted: »

It makes one wonder what her original role was. This character looks like "badass lesbian" to me. lmao

• Seriously, how is it so easy for you to find this stuff?

Someone posted that a good while back and I watched several of them. The host apparently had an understandably bad reputation if various comments here and on Youtube are any indication.

Your dislike for David is SO obvious! :joy:

Being a little generous there, mayhap? I just don't care about/for him.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Damn. Poor Sarah. Seriously, how is it so easy for you to find this stuff? Oh. Well, feel free to share any interesting detail in the...details thread then. Your dislike for David is SO obvious!

• Feel free to drop by sometimes! :smirk:

Get a room you two

• You seem to love these comments about you and I getting a room, huh? :grin:

Feel free to drop by sometimes!

• Season 2, character designs in S2 seem to be more diverse, especially in regards of clothing.

• I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen anyone say Season 1, tbh. I don't think I'd pick it myself without a lot of thought put into why, but still.

• If only because I get to make some smart cumbacks, yeah!

You seem to love these comments about you and I getting a room, huh?

• edited August 2017

The host apparently had an understandably bad reputation if various comments here and on Youtube are any indication.

I am not surprised. :unamused:

Seriously, kill this video with fire. I didn't even watch it all the way through.

Being a little generous there, mayhap? I just don't care about/for him.

Pffthaha! :joy: I've always been a generous person, honey.
    But yeah, I get it why you don't care about David. You've been Team Kate since the beginning. Though his voice actor did a great job.
    Nothing interesting in the interview. :( The host just asked him about the audition process. Why do I have such a bad luck finding interesting info about stuff, I'm gonna cry.

I just want to find interviews with Sean Vanaman and other lead writers. I watched a TWDG fact video not long ago, didn't finish it, but one of the facts was that Vanaman said in an interview that Lee's death was not planned and Telltale forced him to kill Lee in the end of the season. I want to find this interview. I also heard that they were writing his death during the audition process for Long Road Ahead. That sucks...
    I found one with Mark Darin, the lead writer of Starved For Help. He said that his all time favourite character to write was Larry. :lol:

Seriously, how is it so easy for you to find this stuff? Someone posted that a good while back and I watched several of them. The ho

• edited July 2017

Mhmm~ * has flashbacks of the beautiful conversation we had in the Char. Combination thread *

Hold up, hold up, HOLD UP!!! The "Get a room you two" comment has 3 likes!!! Shippers on Deck?!! They approve?!! We are a SHIP?!!

enter image description here

If only because I get to make some smart cumbacks, yeah!

• You've been Team Kate since the beginning.

There were supposed to be Teams? :p

Nothing interesting in the interview. :( The host just asked him about the audition process.

Yeah, I kinda figured that'd be the case.

Why do I have such a bad luck finding interesting info about stuff, I'm gonna cry.

I just want to find interviews with Sean Vanaman and other lead writers. I watched a TWDG fact video not long ago, didn't finish it, but one of the facts was that Vanaman said in an interview that Lee's death was not planned and Telltale forced him to kill Lee in the end of the season.

I want to find this interview. I also heard that they were writing his death during the audition process for Long Road Ahead. That sucks...

Really now? That's really interesting.

I found one with Mark Davin, the lead writer of Starved For Help. He said that his all time favourite character to write was Larry. :lol:

Aw, so I have him to thank! Nice to know! :smile:

The host apparently had an understandably bad reputation if various comments here and on Youtube are any indication. I am not surpri

• Pretty good for 15 minutes. Takes me 30 to draw a decent stick an holding a sword.

You see? I told you! You're welcome! And I relate. I need inspiration, time and energy to draw as well. Btw, Michelle looks badass!

• Thank you! :blush:

Melton23 posted: »

Pretty good for 15 minutes. Takes me 30 to draw a decent stick an holding a sword.

• WRONG!

Agreed. Probably the best in Season 1.

• LoL...btw I love Sarah's look...and do agree it is a crying shame she died...if I had been writing it...things would have been different.

Mhmm~ * has flashbacks of the beautiful conversation we had in the Char. Combination thread * Hold up, hold up, HOLD UP!!! The "Get a room you two" comment has 3 likes!!! Shippers on Deck?!! They approve?!! We are a SHIP?!!

• Thank you! :3 She really deserved better. :(

LoL...btw I love Sarah's look...and do agree it is a crying shame she died...if I had been writing it...things would have been different.

• And why, pray tell, is that Shoula?

WRONG!

• edited July 2017

Sonansu, okusan!

Mhmm~ * has flashbacks of the beautiful conversation we had in the Char. Combination thread * Hold up, hold up, HOLD UP!!! The "Get a room you two" comment has 3 likes!!! Shippers on Deck?!! They approve?!! We are a SHIP?!!

• His jacket is just a school Letters jacket that is uninspired in color and design. His Shaggy Rogers chin and fearfulness is also uninspired...plus he is a shitbird.

Now Molly has a nice design all the way down to hilda her iceaxe. It is a design that evokes survival and works very well even considering how much time she actually has in the game.

And why, pray tell, is that Shoula?

• Eh, different strokes.

The varsity jacket provides some brand recognition for his former life and the magenta hood/neckpiece is a nice little touch of extra color. And I feel some of the other characters' apparel are little boring in comparison, so I definitely like how Ben had a distinct design in general. Even if it does give model-swappers hell.

Though I did give Molly points primarily for the hair clip; it's a small detail, but a cute one nonetheless. And while I suppose the mask can be seen as some sardonic reminder of her start, it also looks like she's trying too hard. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to the individual however.

His jacket is just a school Letters jacket that is uninspired in color and design. His Shaggy Rogers chin and fearfulness is also uninspire

• enter image description here

Sonansu, okusan!

• There were supposed to be Teams? :p

I guess, yeah! :p
    You did say you were Team Kate on the "Are you Team David or Team Kate?" thread soooo.
    I don't pick sides(but Team Lilly all the way!) and it also looked like some Kenny/Jane shit. I ain't getting involved!

Aw, so I have him to thank! Nice to know! :)

Larry is your favourite? :grin:

You've been Team Kate since the beginning. There were supposed to be Teams? Nothing interesting in the interview. The host j

• I guess, yeah! :p
    You did say you were Team Kate on the "Are you Team David or Team Kate?" thread soooo.
    I don't pick sides(but Team Lilly all the way!) and it also looked like some Kenny/Jane shit. I ain't getting involved!

I know. The joke was that if we really were supposed to be picking sides throughout, they did a poor job of getting that across and building it up. Particularly where the Kate side of things is concerned.

Larry is your favourite? :grin:

One of em when I first experienced Season 1, anyway. He's one of the reasons Starved for Help was such a great episode and Season 1 had a good story as far as I'm concerned.

There were supposed to be Teams? I guess, yeah! You did say you were Team Kate on the "Are you Team David or Team Kate?" thread s

• I understood the joke. And, yeah, agreed.

Aha, I see. Honestly, I thought he was entertaining in Starved For Help. :joy: I couldn't help but laugh at his grumpiness. I disliked him in A New Day though. I wish he didn't die the way he did. His motivations are understandable, but I wish he wasn't so antagonistic towards Lee.

I guess, yeah! You did say you were Team Kate on the "Are you Team David or Team Kate?" thread soooo. I don't pick sides(but Team Lil

• Aha, I see. Honestly, I thought he was entertaining in Starved For Help. :joy: I couldn't help but laugh at his grumpiness. I disliked him in A New Day though. I wish he didn't die the way he did. His motivations are understandable, but I wish he wasn't so antagonistic towards Lee.

Same. I was actually surprised/putoff when I revisited Season 1 a while back because I forgot just how borderline dead serious he was in that first episode. I mean, he clearly explains his reasons and motivations at the end, but it's relatively jarring to someone who really liked his characterization in the following episode.

I understood the joke. And, yeah, agreed. Aha, I see. Honestly, I thought he was entertaining in Starved For Help. I couldn't help but l

• badass lesbian

isn't that what everyone said jane was

Bonbomb posted: »

It makes one wonder what her original role was. This character looks like "badass lesbian" to me. lmao

• for crying out loud people, quit posting stuff without saying where it came from
    and no I don't wanna contact the other users to ask them

but anyway, this is quite interesting. how many other designs were almost fully modeled before being discarded? becca had an alternate body, but nothing this drastic right?
    the skinny look definitely suited Bonnie's backstory, wonder if that was still present here.

So I thought I'd bring this thread back when I remembered this existed Guess who joined Grove Street Fams? Credit to @zombiebonnie and @AGentlman

• you never mentioned you... felt that way... about bonnie

Yeah, seriously. This definitely isn't kissable.

• That was my thought as well! :lol:

Louche posted: »

badass lesbian isn't that what everyone said jane was

• Yeah, it came up during the beginnings of my question thread thanks to comparison pics and I referenced this in my sexiness thread.

Nice ass, too. :p

you never mentioned you... felt that way... about bonnie

• I credited the posters, but I found them in the details thread and my questions.

I heard Becca's original model was incomplete or something, but it included a lavender blouse. Which I'm a little happy they changed, admittedly.

Probably, but yes, the skinny look is better. Also, this one looks like an orang.

for crying out loud people, quit posting stuff without saying where it came from and no I don't wanna contact the other users to ask them

• edited July 2017

Haters were calling her a dyke in many threads when ep 5 came out, I remember it quite well.
    Despite her obviously making it with Luke. Oh the irony. Maybe they thought she was grooming Clem... (that wouldn't be the sickest idea for a walking dead fanfiction)

That was my thought as well!

• edited July 2017

Nice, that thread is telling me I'm logged out when I try to do anything.

...what.

I don't know about the ass, but I do think she's cute and she's got a nice aesthetic going on. Good outfit. I wouldn't call her hot, though.

"Samantha an attractive rare/endangered breed." That seems wrong to type out, but I can't disagree.
    "Carly has a manchin" really m8 I hate it how so many other games and cartoons give every girl the exact same face
    Bonnie is kissable? Well, she certainly looks better in season 2 but I miss the freckles honestly. I also thought you were saying that Clem can determinately kiss Bonnie for a moment and I almost had a heart attack.
    Why did you put down Becca is fuckable then "ugh" next to it. You're so odd. Also I thought you disliked her almost as much as Jane.
    Come to think of it, why did you put down underage characters? You have guts, I'll give you that.

Yeah, it came up during the beginnings of my question thread thanks to comparison pics and I referenced this in my sexiness thread. Nice ass, too.

• You're that old? Yeah, I remember seeing some things to the effect when I was scoping through older threads. Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if they never made that joke before.

Haters were calling her a dyke in many threads when ep 5 came out, I remember it quite well. Despite her obviously making it with Luke. Oh

• the posters did not say where they came from? why is it always a mystery?

Same with Becca. Where the hell did that come from? Who said it was incomplete?

Fuck, It drives me insaaaaaaaane

also, I think they should have finished the model and reused it for someone else.

I credited the posters, but I found them in the details thread and my questions. I heard Becca's original model was incomplete or somethi

• season 2

• nostalgia? Changing clothes for seasons? more diverse backgrounds might subconsciously impact the look of the characters, too.

I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen anyone say Season 1, tbh. I don't think I'd pick it myself without a lot of thought put into why, but still.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.