Evaluating Character Designs

Comments

• N-no... I just admire that sort of quiet strength. Notice how in episode 3 David is about to get up in Joan's face, and Clint steps in front of him, and David clearly hesitates? He stops him just by looking at him, I don't even think Clint was armed.
    I'm thinking Clint is a secret badass.

DabigRG posted: »

Someone's got some crushes, mayhap?

• Yeah, I can definitely respect those who have power but don't feel the need to constantly wave it around. Plus, I think I mentioned in the Headcanon thread that Clint might secretly be a Nen User for all we know.

Louche posted: »

N-no... I just admire that sort of quiet strength. Notice how in episode 3 David is about to get up in Joan's face, and Clint steps in front

• So I thought I'd bring this thread back when I remembered this existed
    enter image description here

Guess who joined Grove Street Fams?

Credit to @zombiebonnie and @AGentlman

• Which Season/Installment has your favorite designs?

• edited July 2017

a rifle and a gun

Sorry to break it to you but a rifle is a gun.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Javier has weapons - a rifle and a gun(?). WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE THEM IN THE FINAL GAME??? Gabe and Mariana need weapons - axe for Gabe; knife or a gun for Mariana.

• A new frontier because most of the outfits are more tactical and look like survival gear, unlike season 1 and 2 where most of the designs were normal clothes.

Which Season/Installment has your favorite designs?

• Really now? That comment is so old.

Melton23 posted: »

a rifle and a gun Sorry to break it to you but a rifle is a gun.

• It 's Bonnie's original model, right?

So I thought I'd bring this thread back when I remembered this existed Guess who joined Grove Street Fams? Credit to @zombiebonnie and @AGentlman

• Yep. I don't know why she looks like an orang, though.

bruzdaa posted: »

It 's Bonnie's original model, right?

• I like Kenny's design in season 2 a lot better than season one. He looks VERY good with the beard and how it's starting to grey.

Also, wtf did they do to Jane. Like idk if developers were lazy because she was going to get killed off anyway, but they seriously could have left her model alone because her bloated face serves no one justice. Also,if you go with Jane at the end of season two, AJ is still little. Jane has on her same attire and so does Clem so not that much time has passed right? So in that flashback, shouldn't Clem be the same age she was in season two?

• Essentially. So at best, a few weeks had passed since Season 2. I think part of the reason Jane looked like something out of Planet of the Apes is because she's likely a reskin of Huh-Chuck/Grace, much like how the melted action figure version of Kenny was a ridiculous shitty reskin of David.

I like Kenny's design in season 2 a lot better than season one. He looks VERY good with the beard and how it's starting to grey. Also, wt

• shouldn't Clem be the same age she was in season 2?

Fuck if any of us know. She looks way different than she did in season 2 and I doubt anyone can change that much in just a few months or weeks. I'd say 2-3 months at least maybe but I'm not sure. The only endings that kind of make sense were kenny and maybe alone, Wellington has a few background things that don't make sense but are hard to notice.

I like Kenny's design in season 2 a lot better than season one. He looks VERY good with the beard and how it's starting to grey. Also, wt

• edited July 2017

So in that flashback, shouldn't Clem be the same age she was in season two?

She is, a few weeks of passed since the Jane ending in S2, but I guess the staff didn't want to make another Clem model so they just kept the same one from the flashbacks.

• I'm probably alone here, but the flashback Clem seemed a bit more... youthful? She seemed like a younger version of ANF Clem. Sure the model fit in better with the Kenny, alone, and Wellington flashback, but she did seem younger.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

So in that flashback, shouldn't Clem be the same age she was in season two? She is, a few weeks of passed since the Jane ending in S

• edited July 2017

She was younger in the flashbacks, I believe she was either 12 or about to turn 12.

I also just remembered Telltale used her ANF model in the Alone flashback...

eRock92 posted: »

I'm probably alone here, but the flashback Clem seemed a bit more... youthful? She seemed like a younger version of ANF Clem. Sure the model fit in better with the Kenny, alone, and Wellington flashback, but she did seem younger.

• enter image description here
    I dunno why i just really like Ben s character design .

• Agreed. Probably the best in Season 1.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

• I am so glad they changed it. Phew!

Yep. I don't know why she looks like an orang, though.

• Yeah, seriously. This definitely isn't kissable.

I am so glad they changed it. Phew!

• edited July 2017

Honestly, I think almost all of the characters in TTG TWD have at least a decent design, especially in Season 2. Picking 3 for each season, I really like Ben, Lee and Molly from S1, Kenny, Clem and Nick from S2 and Javier, Gabe and David from ANF.

• edited July 2017

I liked javier's design but if he is to return next season he needs to ditch the jersey and start the whole badass survivor get-up. I wonder what he would look like in a leather jacket, like clem, or a torn brown shirt with an assault rifle holster strapped around him, an ankle holster and a few other things that will make him look cool. I'm thinking something like these:
    If javier returned in season 4 wearing shit like this, it will instantly be my favourite season. Maybe. Excluding season 1. He doesn't have to be wearing the masks, but his intro should definitely include the masks. Character design to the max.

• It seems like every character wears at least two tops. In A New Frontier everyone has 50 tops at once.

• And it doesn't look like Bonnie at all!

Yeah, seriously. This definitely isn't kissable.

• edited July 2017

Agreed. I really like Ben's design, too. :)

UrbanRodrik posted: »

• That too!

And it doesn't look like Bonnie at all!

• I really like Eleanor's design.

• edited July 2017

Yeah, I thought she had one of the more pleasant color schemes and/or designs in Part 1, even if she was one of the biggest offenders to the wax dummy faces.

What does that guy's rendering system do to the characters' faces?

I really like Eleanor's design.

• ME

dojo32161 posted: »

I guess I'm going to be the only guy here who didn't even notice and still can't tell, I don't see the bust at all.

• Yup, I wish she had something pink on her, too. To reflect her innocence / naivety. Like Michelle!

even if she was one of the biggest offenders to the wax dummy faces.

What'cha mean? She is adorable. How dare you?

What does this guy's rendering system do to the characters' faces?

... I dunno. I just couldn't find any screenshots of her full appearence and remembered these. But yeah, her face is kinda different.
    You asked the same question about the Ava one. :D Though Ava doesn't look like herself there. She's... too angry on it.

Yeah, I thought she had one of the more pleasant color schemes and/or designs in Part 1, even if she was one of the biggest offenders to the wax dummy faces. What does that guy's rendering system do to the characters' faces?

• Yup, I wish she had something pink on her, too. To reflect her innocence / naivety. Like Michelle!

Eh, I suppose. Personally, the cyan shirt and purple scarf were good enough to make her standout, unlike some of the other, more "normal" color schemes most of the other characters had.
    Plus, Michelle's pink is extra funny considering her ghetto appearance and faux-nihilistic outlook.

What'cha mean? She is adorable. How dare you?

The scene where she's fixing up Javier if you turned Clementine over to Tripp comes to mind, where there's this shine going on on her otherwise shadowed face and it has this uncanny effect on her eyes and "wrinkles."
    She looks fine for the most part in other scenes/episodes, so I have no clue what was happening there.

... I dunno. I just couldn't find any screenshots of her full appearence and remembered these. But yeah, her face is kinda different.
    You asked the same question about the Ava one. :D Though Ava doesn't look like herself there. She's... too angry on it.

Yeah, not to mention really dark and sorta derp-eyed.

Yup, I wish she had something pink on her, too. To reflect her innocence / naivety. Like Michelle! even if she was one of the biggest

• edited July 2017

I meant it as an accessory. Like a brooch that can be pinned on her shirt.

I saw your drawing of the characters, btw. It's very cute. :heart:

Hmm, she looked fine there. I might have to see the scene again.

Yup, I wish she had something pink on her, too. To reflect her innocence / naivety. Like Michelle! Eh, I suppose. Personally, the cy

• I meant it as an accessory. Like a brooch that can be pinned on her shirt.

Now that you said that, that would've been a nice little touch.

Thanks! I've been meaning to do more but can't seem to find the time, energy, or inspiration.

I meant it as an accessory. Like a brooch that can be pinned on her shirt. I saw your drawing of the characters, btw. It's very cute. Hmm, she looked fine there. I might have to see the scene again.

• I meant it as an accessory. Like a brooch that can be pinned on her shirt.

Now that you said that, that would've been a nice little touch.

Thanks! I've been meaning to do more but can't seem to find the time, energy, or inspiration.

I meant it as an accessory. Like a brooch that can be pinned on her shirt. I saw your drawing of the characters, btw. It's very cute. Hmm, she looked fine there. I might have to see the scene again.

• edited July 2017

You see? I told you! :blush:

You're welcome! And I relate. :grin: I need inspiration, time and energy to draw as well. Btw, Michelle looks badass! :lol:

I just drew Sarah, hope you like it! Not my best work, but I decided to show you. :) It took me like 15 minutes.

Sarah

About the Ava render image, yeah, I agree. She is like "What did you say, bitch?"
    I am surprised nobody picked a song for her in the "Theme Song" thread yet! You know what, I might do this right now. :)

I meant it as an accessory. Like a brooch that can be pinned on her shirt. Now that you said that, that would've been a nice little

• You're welcome! And I relate. :grin: I need inspiration, time and energy to draw as well. Btw, Michelle looks badass! :lol:

Thanks! I was deliberately trying to stylize some of them to make their personalities stand out a little more, with a rough/unkempt look being the goal for her in particular.

I just drew Sarah, hope you like it! Not my best work, but I decided to show you. :) It took me like 15 minutes.

That's actually pretty good for 15 minutes--the glasses are kinda funny on her, but it's still looks good!:grin: I believe my drawing of her, despite technically being the easiest to make acceptable in my eyes, took quite a while due to the surprising about of detail on her otherwise monochromatic/analogous outfit.

I am surprised nobody picked a song for her in the "Theme Song" thread yet! You know what, I might do this right now. :)

Fair point. I might considering posting some things there myself after doing some thinking.

You see? I told you! You're welcome! And I relate. I need inspiration, time and energy to draw as well. Btw, Michelle looks badass!

• Thanks! I was deliberately trying to stylize some of them to make their personalities stand out a little more, with a rough/unkempt look being the goal for her in particular.

And you succeeded! :kissing_heart:

That's actually pretty good for 15 minutes--the glasses are kinda funny on her, but it's still looks good!:grin:

Aww, thank you! She also looks a little younger on mine--so cute. It would get better with a pencil, rubber, coloring markers and motivation of course! :D

I believe my drawing of her, despite technically being the easiest to make acceptable in my eyes, took quite a while due to the surprising about of detail on her otherwise monochromatic/analogous outfit.

She turned out great on yours, don't worry. :)
    Sarah rocks. We needed more Sarah. How come we didn't have more time with her?? >_<

I might considering posting some things there myself after doing some thinking.

Heck Yeah!! Looking forward to see your suggestions. :grin:

I wonder if Telltale is going to make another AMA or maybe a stream where they tell us what was scrapped, because I am seriously curious what changed about characters cough Eleanor/bae cough and other stuff.
    Personality traits is the first change that comes to mind concerning Eleanor(Thank God they didn't make her a bitch). Probably it was her role---I need answers!!

You're welcome! And I relate. I need inspiration, time and energy to draw as well. Btw, Michelle looks badass! Thanks! I was delib

• She turned out great on yours, don't worry. :)

Sarah rocks. We needed more Sarah. How come we didn't have more time with her?? >_<
    Thanks!
    Because some of the developers of Season 2.5 didn't like her. Well that and they clearly got really lazy with the hub conversations.

I wonder if Telltale is going to make another AMA or maybe a stream where they tell us what was scrapped, because I am seriously curious what changed about characters cough Eleanor/bae cough and other stuff.
    Personality traits is the first change that comes to mind concerning Eleanor(Thank God they didn't make her a bitch). Probably it was her role---I need answers!!

I would like that as well. Though I will say that, much like Season 2, you can probably find some things yourself if you look for them.

Thanks! I was deliberately trying to stylize some of them to make their personalities stand out a little more, with a rough/unkempt look bei

• Because some of the developers of Season 2.5 didn't like her.

I heard something like that before, too, but I always thought it was just a rumor or assumption... Did these developers say this themselves?
    Character discrimination--this is not familiar at all!

Well that and they clearly got lazy with the hub conversations.

For the love of Gabe's pudding, Telltale, get it together! Considering they scrapped the Prescott hub... ;--;

I would like that as well. Though I will say that, much like Season 2, you can probably find some things yourself if you look for them.

I have trouble finding The Walking Dead Game related interviews and stuff like that. :(

Though after some digging today, I found an audio one with Alex Fernandez(David'a voice actor) and it's almost 23 minutes. I plan on giving it a listen and if it has interesting info I'll send it to you. :)

She turned out great on yours, don't worry. Sarah rocks. We needed more Sarah. How come we didn't have more time with her?? >_&l

• I heard something like that before, too, but I always thought it was just a rumor or assumption... Did these developers say this themselves?
    Character discrimination--this is not familiar at all!

For the love of Gabe's pudding, Telltale, get it together! Considering they scrapped the Prescott hub... ;--;

Yeah, pretty much. Though I was mainly referring to the little house by the bridge hub.

I have trouble finding The Walking Dead Game related interviews and stuff like that. :(

Though after some digging today, I found an audio one with Alex Fernandez(David'a voice actor) and it's almost 23 minutes. I plan on giving it a listen and if it has interesting info I'll send it to you. :)

Oh. Well, feel free to share any interesting details in the...details thread then.

Because some of the developers of Season 2.5 didn't like her. ... I heard something like that before, too, but I always thought

• edited July 2017

Damn. Poor Sarah. :(

Seriously, how is it so easy for you to find this stuff?

Oh. Well, feel free to share any interesting detail in the...details thread then.

Your dislike for David is SO obvious! :joy:

I heard something like that before, too, but I always thought it was just a rumor or assumption... Did these developers say this themselves?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.