Evaluating Character Designs

Comments

• Hell, he looks like a melted action figure in general or a early PS2 model that got a hasty/incomplete paint job for HD.

Gotta love that camera pan reveal, though. Cause he totally belongs in the same show. :lol:

Bonbomb posted: »

I finally bought episode 1 and Kenny's new model....Oh. My. God. Could Telltale have put any less effort into it?? His beard looks like sheep wool.

• His beard looks like sheep wool.

It's a blessing, really.

I finally bought episode 1 and Kenny's new model....Oh. My. God. Could Telltale have put any less effort into it?? His beard looks like sheep wool.

• If they were going to turn him into a (badly) animated Ken(ny) doll they should have reused the season 2 model which was actually GOOD.

DabigRG posted: »

Hell, he looks like a melted action figure in general or a early PS2 model that got a hasty/incomplete paint job for HD. Gotta love that camera pan reveal, though. Cause he totally belongs in the same show.

• Yeah, seriously. Instead, they apparently dolled up David to look like him.

If they were going to turn him into a (badly) animated Ken(ny) doll they should have reused the season 2 model which was actually GOOD.

• edited May 2017

designs

Javier has weapons - a rifle and a gun(?).

WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE THEM IN THE FINAL GAME???

bullshit

Gabe and Mariana need weapons - axe for Gabe; knife or a gun for Mariana.

• Gabe always had a gun holster. Not sure about Mariana though.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Javier has weapons - a rifle and a gun(?). WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE THEM IN THE FINAL GAME??? Gabe and Mariana need weapons - axe for Gabe; knife or a gun for Mariana.

• I want to see Gabe use an axe.

Gabe always had a gun holster. Not sure about Mariana though.

• Check part 2, baby.

I want to see Gabe use an axe.

• But I want him to behead a walker in Episode 5, love.
    Or do something badass with it.

axe

Check part 2, baby.

• Calm down it's only concept art...

Javier has weapons - a rifle and a gun(?). WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE THEM IN THE FINAL GAME??? Gabe and Mariana need weapons - axe for Gabe; knife or a gun for Mariana.

• I am calm. I did the caps for fun.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Calm down it's only concept art...

• That javi looks less generic then the javi we have now

• edited June 2017

I'm now hearing that originally paul lingard (or his character model at least) was supposed to be in charge of the new frontier.

They keep doing it.

Graysonn posted: »

Troy was originally supposed to be Carver at an early stage too.

• I do. Clint and Paul, especially. Clint's just got this steely gaze that I like. And Paul, man it's funny how creepy he looks despite being tall and kind of handsome.

Okay, show of hands: does anyone like any of the Richmond Council's designs?

• Yeah,, though the leap from Lingard to Joan couldn't have been that wide since Joan was apparently conceptualized early on. Also, I think they said his original model was named Mason.

Louche posted: »

I'm now hearing that originally paul lingard (or his character model at least) was supposed to be in charge of the new frontier. They keep doing it.

• Someone's got some crushes, mayhap? :smirk:

Louche posted: »

I do. Clint and Paul, especially. Clint's just got this steely gaze that I like. And Paul, man it's funny how creepy he looks despite being tall and kind of handsome.

• edited June 2017

enter image description here
    Here's some concept art for muh bae Ava.

It's pretty much the same design, except she was gonna be white/albino originally. Glad they changed that. And yes, I recently noticed those peppermint socks in @Jayroen 's picture and they're amusing.

• In that artwork Clem looks loke more Clem than the game version I think

• I guess that would've been neat. Though apparently he's capable of hitting like a bludgeon.

But I want him to behead a walker in Episode 5, love. Or do something badass with it.

• Ava had the best design in ANF, followed by Kate.

Here's some concept art for muh bae Ava. It's pretty much the same design, except she was gonna be white/albino originally. Glad they changed that. And yes, I recently noticed those peppermint socks in @Jayroen 's picture and they're amusing.

• You know what, while I definitely agree with Ava being one of the best, I thought Kate's was a little on the generic/dull side.

Ava had the best design in ANF, followed by Kate.

• She looks awesome!

Where did you find the concept art? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Here's some concept art for muh bae Ava. It's pretty much the same design, except she was gonna be white/albino originally. Glad they changed that. And yes, I recently noticed those peppermint socks in @Jayroen 's picture and they're amusing.

• You are LATE! :joy:

Well, Telltale forgot about it. This was Gabe's chance to be cool! Darn it! XD

I guess that would've been neat. Though apparently he's capable of hitting like a bludgeon.

• Her first design looked like Andrea from the comic books though.

andrea

You know what, while I definitely agree with Ava being one of the best, I thought Kate's was a little on the generic/dull side.

• Really? She has jewellery! lol idk I thought her outfits fit her character well. The graphic tee and flannel hinted at her free spirited youthful side but was restrained enough for a housewife. lol

You know what, while I definitely agree with Ava being one of the best, I thought Kate's was a little on the generic/dull side.

• Yeah, I know. I think I saw it once before but never got around to actually saying something.

But yeah.

You are LATE! Well, Telltale forgot about it. This was Gabe's chance to be cool! Darn it! XD

• You know what, considering Tripp is apparenly based on a Sgt. Abraham, that makes sense. Still, while her final design is pretty normal, I like it better.

Her first design looked like Andrea from the comic books though.

• edited June 2017

Oh no, don't get me wrong--I like how it perfectly fits her character--I just think it's pretty normal/standard (and primarily dark) compared to most of the other characters, especially with the more realistic artstyle. Better than Tripp at least.

Though her earrings do make her look older..

Really? She has jewellery! lol idk I thought her outfits fit her character well. The graphic tee and flannel hinted at her free spirited youthful side but was restrained enough for a housewife. lol

• It's on the homepage for Walking dead here. Literally the first piece of concept art, too.

She looks awesome! Where did you find the concept art? If you don't mind me asking.

• Thanks! :kissing_heart:

It's on the homepage for Walking dead here. Literally the first piece of concept art, too.

• I think she would have looked better in a mint green or aqua tank top.

Oh no, don't get me wrong--I like how it perfectly fits her character--I just think it's pretty normal/standard (and primarily dark) compare

• What bothers me most, is the fact that Kate and Javi for 4 whole years wore the same clothes... seriously, Javi even in those flashbacks he is wearing the same. Not sure about Kate. But David and the kids had some changes.

• Hmm...probably.

I think she would have looked better in a mint green or aqua tank top.

• But David and the kids had some changes.

Well, to be fair, they kinda had to. But yeah, Kate not changing clothes is definitely odd.

Vicky82 posted: »

What bothers me most, is the fact that Kate and Javi for 4 whole years wore the same clothes... seriously, Javi even in those flashbacks he is wearing the same. Not sure about Kate. But David and the kids had some changes.

• edited June 2017

of course they had too but seriously they could have made some changes for Kate and Javi too, from flashback 1 to the end of the game he is wearing the same baseball clothes ...makes you wonder if they ever washed their clothes or they go around naked until it dries :D

But David and the kids had some changes. Well, to be fair, they kinda had to. But yeah, Kate not changing clothes is definitely odd.

• Giggity. But at the very least, Javier still wearing his baseball shirt is a visual cue that he really did love playing it and holds onto it because of that. Kate doesn't really have an excuse though.

of course they had too but seriously they could have made some changes for Kate and Javi too, from flashback 1 to the end of the game he is

• They sure seem to love putting scarfs on their characters though.

• Hey, scarfs can be cool man. AJ and Eleanor know wussup.

Jayroen posted: »

They sure seem to love putting scarfs on their characters though.

• edited June 2017

My Javier didn't care about baseball anymore :D I really hope they will make them wear something different for the AJ/Clem story

Giggity. But at the very least, Javier still wearing his baseball shirt is a visual cue that he really did love playing it and holds onto it because of that. Kate doesn't really have an excuse though.

• Probably.

My Javier didn't care about baseball anymore I really hope they will make them wear something different for the AJ/Clem story

Sign in to comment in this discussion.