Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• If Javi becomes the protagonist for more than this game Im gonna kick myself in the dick, he is such a bland character, with almost nothing interesting going on

Bonbon80 posted: »

It's already confirmed Season 3. But perhaps they are working on 'A New Frontier 2'! And I demand them not let us wait 2 years again l

• You want Clem dead.... you feeling alright love?

The lack of good writing goes hand-in-hand with how poorly she's written now, I don't know how many more times I can say it before people's

• I'm feeling better than alright.

I'm feeling fantastic. How are you feeling babe?

El chapo posted: »

You want Clem dead.... you feeling alright love?

• Youre allowed to have your opinion, but I still like Clementine, and frankly I am quite enjoying her portrayal in A New Frontier.

I still feel like it would have been better for A New Frontier to be a spinoff or start of a new series, with a numbered series (season 3) continuing Clementines story for those of us that wants that, instead we get the worst of both worlds.

I don't understand that misconstrued notion that Clementine is the quintessential piece of Telltale's TWD series. Isn't the whole gimmick

• I can agree with that...

Even if I do feel her character is completely pointless at this point, it would've been better as a mini-series much like Michonne.

Just don't see why she has to continue existing in the plot simply because she's well-regarded as the "mascot" as all. Like, why does a character get special privileges in a story about death constantly rearing it's ugly head?

Seems biased to be honest.

Youre allowed to have your opinion, but I still like Clementine, and frankly I am quite enjoying her portrayal in A New Frontier. I still

• I find the opposite to be true actually, at least in my case, I would rather have characters that stick around for a long time, as it creates for a more invested story, and frankly I get bored if they keep killing off major characters, only to introduce new characters, which is why I hope that multiple people will be alive at the end of A New Frontier, so we can get a sequel that isnt just a hard reset, getting a player to care about characters take time (at least it does for me), in fact, its only now after episode 3 that I have started liking the season 3 cast, since I barely knew anything about them or their motives, but as more time is spent with these characters, the story and characters become more interesting, so killing everyone off (especially Clementine) will just become boring, since it will take half a season to warm up to the new character, only for the season to end before its even begun.

For the record, I really like how they have portrayed Clementine in A New Frontier, it seems to me like a natural evolution of her character living in a world like this, (with the exception of shooting the guy at Prescott, that shit was stupid)

And look at how that's faired for the series... people are quickly losing interest cause apparently having a tiresomely rigid formulaic approach eventually get's tiresome when it's repeated infinitely.

• Although I vehemently disagree, I can respect your points because you presented them in a respectful way.

I will say this however, Clem in ANF is portrayed incredibly poorly. She hasn't done much out of the way of giving the player superfluous flashbacks to her "development" and sassed the entire cast at every available opportunity. Which is why I would like for her to be axed off or at least just become an unknown at this point.

I find the opposite to be true actually, at least in my case, I would rather have characters that stick around for a long time, as it create

• let's assume that Telltale gets a hold of themselves and are able to create a fourth series / sequel to ANF with a more intriguing story while correcting their previous mistakes (short length episodes, etc.)

It would be great if they did that. I guess, the difference is that I have no faith in Telltale and you do. I shared your opinion before ANF was released, but after it I got disappointed.

Whatever Telltale will decide to do with TWD series, I just want Telltale to put effort in it from the beginning till the end.

arreyazat posted: »

Hey @CarlGotKennyd, I love reading other opinions and though sometimes may feel differently, I respect 'em I just wanted to say that

• enter image description here
    Made this just for you <3

Doesn't mean it's acceptable.

• edited April 2017

Awww.

Thx babe! <3

I'm saving it for sure!

Jayroen posted: »

Made this just for you

• Doesn't this apply to Jesus since he can't die yet?

Awww. Thx babe! I'm saving it for sure!

• Well that's true lol

Chibikid posted: »

It didn't affect me at all I was simply explaining that if you went into batman with a S1 walking dead mentally you'd most likely be disappointed.

• I agree with your point --as I do feel that TWD game isn't exactly "Clem's Story" and am not totally biased towards her-- it was Lee's story first and foremost. Clem was just the moral compass, the goal, the objective you needed to protect and complete by the end of the season.
    TWD became "Clem's story" for many fans in Season 2 because of the fact of us following this character from one season to another, so people assumed the plot revolved around her. Season 2 ended on a pretty open-ended note, which I would have been fine if Telltale left it there. 5 different outcomes of endings (so no need to find a way to make them merge again, for one big Season ending. People's stories were diverse enough with those 5 paths), you can theorize all you want about what happens later, and we move on to a different character.

But then Season 3 came along. It seemed promising; Really, really promising. A new character to see Clementine as, it would link to our Season 2 saves, and had a cool story! The execution, as @Dont_Look_Back said was very wrong. They had the structure for Clementine, but it wasn't as fleshed out as it seemed earlier in trailers. She was just.... there. We couldn't exactly judge how she handles herself based on previous seasons, because it all ended up the same; Also, we got to see our Season 2 endings fleshed out, but quickly put through the shredder (gotta get the story back on track, fast!).

What I do wonder however, is why do you want her killed? Would you just settle for her being written off in the end? Her taking a van from Javier and driving off into the distance, and her fate unknown? This would be the best option. Her story would come full circle this season, wanting a car so she can escape the territory of the New Frontier, and eventually getting that in the end.. no deaths required (plus this would keep some of the fans quasi-happy, knowing that she is still alive and not dead.) And also it would show that Telltale can still write an apocalypse plot without everyone dying in the end so there are no more loose threads.

I never said It was solely because I don't like her, I said it was because the narrative has made it more than clear that she no longer serv

• Like, why does a character get special privileges in a story about death constantly rearing it's ugly head?

Seems biased to be honest.

And that sounds like Jane. Noticing a pattern here....

I can agree with that... Even if I do feel her character is completely pointless at this point, it would've been better as a mini-series

• Oops, I meant Dying Light, not Deadlight. Phew, almost accidentally recommended a good, thoughtful game lol

ReTaLiN posted: »

It's Dying Light, Not Dead Light..............

• Considering how many people are dead it'll be cool to see what the people who are alive are upto, like arvo and Mike

AronDracula posted: »

Hopefully gone. Who needs her? She is going to die if she comes back.

• Agreed. We've known Clementine and presumably AJ will be some variation of "fine" for quite a while now; learning what happened to those who are unaccounted for since we last saw is inherently more interesting, given the obvious story hooks and all.

Fmahmood99 posted: »

Considering how many people are dead it'll be cool to see what the people who are alive are upto, like arvo and Mike

• I don't know if I'm comfortable with you calling me babe, when you want Clem gone :(

I'm feeling better than alright. I'm feeling fantastic. How are you feeling babe?

• Well, you called me love... babe.

I figured that was the level of snide retorting we were on.

El chapo posted: »

I don't know if I'm comfortable with you calling me babe, when you want Clem gone

• So the release should definitely be the 25th of its on April or unless telltale do what they did with minecraft and Micchone and release it with guardians on the same day.

Also the complaints from the beginning have been that ANF is horrible because it's not focused enough on Clem. One thing I think people should realize though is what telltale is trying to do is tell a simple survival tale of different people but s those people are connected into one story. In my opinion the games are not all about Clem it's just a way of experiencing the apocalypse in different way. One of the reasons season 2 was kind of dull to me is that being Clem was just kind of boring I don't know how to quite explain it but she is more interesting as a side character and can still remain the character we all love. Honestly I don't believe one character is what makes something good I mean look at how fast everyone just brushed Lee off who I would love to still be in the current games. That's just my opinion I know a lot of people think differently but that's what makes ANF good for me.

• edited April 2017

Playing as clementine again in season 3 would be too overkill since we played as her the entire season 2. Having no clementine in season 3 would make people wonder what she's up to after the open s2 endings. Imo they found an alright middle ground keeping her in the story as a side character, i don't find her braided into the story too badly.

Creeper1846 posted: »

So the release should definitely be the 25th of its on April or unless telltale do what they did with minecraft and Micchone and release it

• edited April 2017

Lol, I swear I thought this '' clem should die zzz, she's boring '' speech had died by the end of S2.

Stop being so delusional, the only reason outside the forums why people buy this game is because of Clementime ( I say this as someone who knows people in real life, really casual people, that plays Telltale's TWD just because of her and Kenny, who's now dead ). I know this, Telltale knows this, and they aren't going to kill Clementine for shock value and lose money. If they do that, it's because there's going to be no new game to this series, and even then I doubt it.

She's the face of the game, even now that she could be totally deleted from ANF and the story would have 0 differences Telltale markets her as a major/protagonistic character. Because they know it.

• She's the face of the game, even now that she could be totally deleted from ANF and the story would have 0 differences

If I hand you a pair of pliers, do you promise you'll use it to pull the chip from the back of your head causing this level of non-rational thinking?

Cause I can't see an alternative explanation for why someone could notice the very reason something is as bad as it is and yet demean others for their views being a point against that reason to begin with.

VectorXP posted: »

Lol, I swear I thought this '' clem should die zzz, she's boring '' speech had died by the end of S2. Stop being so delusional, the only

• I've never even heard of any of this anti Clem crap until I started posting here lol. I actually only know one person who's bought ANF, when I tried talking to him about episode 3 he told me he stopped after finishing the first episode, didn't feel like continuing. Other couple of people I know lost interest when they found out the game was going to be about Javier. I really don't see how Clem was any more boring than Lee or Javier, they're all mostly dependent on the players reactions. Well, more so for Lee and Clementine, Javier still wants to save his family, no matter how terrible they are or how forced the player is to have to go along with it because TT forgot why they decided to make Lee a stranger in season 1.

Lol, I swear I thought this '' clem should die zzz, she's boring '' speech had died by the end of S2. Stop being so delusional, the only

• I'm starting to think that it may not release this month seeing how silent telltale has been in regards to the walking dead. Granted they may be wanting the focus to be on GOTG debut next week and then release the walking dead which I somewhat doubt will happen.

• 2 years is a bit too far back for me to remember, but with Batman, didn't TT usually announce the release date a week or two in advance? The episodes been rated, so the final products' already been submitted for review, and I think Sony and Microsoft take about 2 weeks to verify content for release. They're probably just waiting on the confirmation.

I'm starting to think that it may not release this month seeing how silent telltale has been in regards to the walking dead. Granted they ma

• enter image description here
    Because, traditions.

I'm starting to think that it may not release this month seeing how silent telltale has been in regards to the walking dead. Granted they ma

• at least just become an unknown at this point.

THIS ONE!!!

Although I vehemently disagree, I can respect your points because you presented them in a respectful way. I will say this however, Clem i

• BEST

Jayroen posted: »

Because, traditions.

• the second bottom one kinda looks like badger to me

Apparently we should ''Zoom In'' on this Not sure if its got anything to do with episode 4 or telltale creating false hype who knows

• edited April 2017

Why hasent clem told javi about lee and what happened to her parents

• edited April 2017

Stop lying, you don't care about how she affects ANF, I remember you in the crowd back in 2014 in the '' Clem is boring to play wif af '' threads.

You just don't like her. Also, as I said, Clem dying in ANF wouldn't cause a lot of changes in the story ( seriously, what would be the difference? Some '' sad '' moments or whatever? ), so once again, you don't care about that, you just mimicking the S2 speech but now with the '' she's hampering this season '' in the place of the '' it's boring to play with her ''. You don't want Clementine.

P l e a s e

She's the face of the game, even now that she could be totally deleted from ANF and the story would have 0 differences If I hand you

• I remember you in the crowd back in 2014 in the '' Clem is boring to play wif af '' threads.

Man, that chip is really fucking up your memory man. Cause I never participated in such conversations, before throwing around salty accusations because of your inability to process that maybe... just maybe people have different viewpoints on the very thing that, by the way, you confirmed by saying she isn't even remotely important to the narrative anyway; take a moment, collect your thoughts, and try discussing the topic rather than acting like a snide asshole... That's my thing anyway bruh.

P l e a s e

Stop lying, you don't care about how she affects ANF, I remember you in the crowd back in 2014 in the '' Clem is boring to play wif af '' th

• Because everyone knows they died.

vickytonner posted: »

• She doesn't have to share everything about her right of the bat.

• Because her mentioning Lee is pure fanservice every time it happens. Lee has been dead for years. Clementine has enough other shit going on without constantly moping about the man who has been dead for most of the apocalypse. I'm glad Telltale has finally stopped referencing Lee in every episode, one of the things ANF has done right so far.

• That's assuming it doesn't leak 2 weeks in advance from Microsoft.

2 years is a bit too far back for me to remember, but with Batman, didn't TT usually announce the release date a week or two in advance? The

• Okay, this is a complaint I didn't get at all: when exactly in Above the Law did Kate flirt with Javier? Cause most of her screentime and dialogue was about how she understandably doesn't feel comfortable around the New Frontier, is one of the people who doesn't think David is all that trustworthy, and states they should just leave Richmond behind because it's not their fight.

Now if you wanna say that's an underlying motivator for her thinking that way, then sure. But flirting with him and wanting to get away from the villains are not the same thing.

I dont mind Kate as a character, in fact she would be pretty interestin, if she wasnt flirting with Javi all the time, even though I have rejected every advance, and I hate the fact that she keeps creating artificial conflict between David and Javi

• Dude even Telltale has said how Clem is pretty much their mascot and the face of their company.

Killing off Clementine and any connection to the groundbreaking and award-winning season 1 would be stupid as fuck.

I don't understand that misconstrued notion that Clementine is the quintessential piece of Telltale's TWD series. Isn't the whole gimmick

• Yeah it's funny how Christa was with her longer and she barely talks about her lol. I guess if you went with Kenny at the end of season 2 that means you were with him the longest but if not, it was Christa. Am I right?

Because her mentioning Lee is pure fanservice every time it happens. Lee has been dead for years. Clementine has enough other shit going on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.