GOTG Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Episode Coming August 22nd, new key art, Trailer out now

Comments

• I think as it has already been said, Episode 5 will give the choice of reviving, say, 2 people.

Lylla, Meredith Quill, Hovat, Kamaria, Tar-Voll, and Groot's person if he would have any (I am very curious).

I imagine that a flashback for each character, as each of the title cards indicates, will happen.

I would surely be a tough choice.

strwar3 posted: »

OK I enjoyed episode 2 and I LOVED Rocket's backstory and I have a question.Did you guys think that it's possible that with Infinity Forge w

• WHERE IS THE NEWS!!!

• Chill, episode 2 was released not even a week ago.

Kris_havard posted: »

WHERE IS THE NEWS!!!

• Only active series? What are ya talkin' about? There is also Minecraft Story Mode Season 2, ya know!

Chibikid posted: »

First post! I feel lucky. Well I'd guess that EP3 should come out very quick since its their only current active series.

• I mean games that are actually released and you can play right now.

Only active series? What are ya talkin' about? There is also Minecraft Story Mode Season 2, ya know!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2017

I'm going to assume that mostly monthly episode releases are still the plan, so I'd predict we might get some pulse of the first news to come within the next two weeks.

Kris_havard posted: »

WHERE IS THE NEWS!!!

• monthly*

I'm going to assume that mostly monthly episode releases are still the plan, so I'd predict we might get some pulse of the first news to come within the next two weeks.

• you accursed Monkey

thanks for the heads up actually

monthly*

• Is it just me or was the ending to ep2 the most anticlimactic episode end in all of Telltale games? The game sort of just drifted off and ended, leaving me with zero hype for the next one.

• That's a bit overdramatic, but yeah it wasn't good, but considering where the plot was going before the generic clffhanger #405 I'm still looking forward to where its going.

Is it just me or was the ending to ep2 the most anticlimactic episode end in all of Telltale games? The game sort of just drifted off and ended, leaving me with zero hype for the next one.

• Not trying to be overdramatic, I truly can't think of a more anticlimactic ending from any Telltale series.

That's a bit overdramatic, but yeah it wasn't good, but considering where the plot was going before the generic clffhanger #405 I'm still looking forward to where its going.

• edited June 2017

Episode 4 of Batman if you arrest Harvey has a abrupt and lamer ending imo.

Not trying to be overdramatic, I truly can't think of a more anticlimactic ending from any Telltale series.

• Yeah, I hadn't even thought about how the negative reception towards ANF could affect TTG's other games, which is unfair tbh.

AChicken posted: »

I feel kind of sad that we're such a small minority here who plays this game. Even smaller if you only count the ones who like it so far. Were people really that put off from this after ANF? It's pretty quiet around here most of the time.

• Perhaps if the big Youtubers end up applauding GotG for being a step in the right direction, the sales will have a sudden boost?

After what people have seen of anf and it's lack of everything a lot of folks won't trust telltale at any game for a while...they gutta earn the fandoms trust back

• Only 2 pages? This series really deserves more attention.

• I mean at least in that ending you have closure from stopping Harvey, and then the Bat-tech shuts down. In this one they just drift around for a second and it's over.

• I've said the same thing way when ep1 was mere days away from launch. there is no active discussions just opinions on what telltale didn't do right. that's why I missed TWAU and TFTBL there were factual discussions and involvement, this feels dead, aside pointing out my 2 cents on each episode I don't discuss it fully.

Chibikid posted: »

The lack of activity here bothers me for some reason.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

• edited June 2017

Only just started watching this, but this is really great so far. I like this idea. Just devs talking through the episode about dev stuff. No host or nothing.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Mods beat me to the punch! Haha :)

This is a new series we're starting out. Let me know what you guys think... or what you'd like to see more/less of!

• Huh... So it's like some extra "director's commentary" type of video.

Cool!

• The openness of the director's commentary is really cool and something I'd like to see more of; perhaps the same could be said of older choice based series that came out before Guardians too, kind of like how you guys replayed Seasons 1 and 2 of Walking Dead. Fans really like to hear about stuff like development stories or game changes.

If you guys still have the writers from games like Wolf Among Us or Tales from the Borderlands, that would be really fun to see a kind of retrospective series for those games. :)

Mods beat me to the punch! Haha This is a new series we're starting out. Let me know what you guys think... or what you'd like to see more/less of!

• Telltale Guardians Of The Galaxy is great :D
    Looking forward to Episode 3

• This is really cool! Gives a great insight on Telltale's game development and some of the goofy stuff that happens.

• So....quiet...

• Or Drax just wasn't present to be interviewed. Drax is having an existential crisis now that his mission to take vengeance on Thanos is over. He's also expressed concerns that he isn't a useful member of the team, and is basically feeling pretty unwanted. It wouldn't be a stretch for him to take off.

I've just realized: we have yet to hear any of the songs that appear in the PlayStation theme. Some of them (based on the 5-second clip of i

• I know. It’s just sad

AdamRoberts posted: »

So....quiet...

• I wonder what intro will play on the third episode of GOTG? I hope it's more rock n roll.What Do You Guys Think It Will Be?

• enter image description here

AdamRoberts posted: »

So....quiet...

• Well..scooby do can do doo; but jimmy carter is smarter!

• Maybe we will get some news this week regarding ep 3 considering next Tuesday will be the first of July, and ep 2 came out this first Tuesday of June

• Well.... I finished it. It is great!
    It's so funny hearing all those stories from around the office of the development of this game. And the comments they make... nice...

It's really interesting to hear how many of the good ideas from the first episode (like the determinant bar scene, for instance) went through many changes to get as good as it can possibly be. Hearing about how certain design choices came into play, mechanics, just good developer insight.
    I can't wait for the next one. Wonder who we'll see next? [I dont mind if it's these two again... they're good.]

• With the lack of news and no rating yeah probably next week will be news. I figure it will come out 2 weeks after story mode.

bthom20 posted: »

Maybe we will get some news this week regarding ep 3 considering next Tuesday will be the first of July, and ep 2 came out this first Tuesday of June

• Wasn't this song in the movie(s)?

I really enjoyed Episode 2, and there is something I already know I will love about Episode 3: the title, More Than A Feeling. Take a lis

• Well when Rocket wasn’t able to revive Llya I was constantly saying to myself it needs a sacrifice.

Yes, and something pretty cool that I think most people missed, is that it has a sacrifice now and is charged. When you fight the Kree member in the engine room with Rocket, he dies holding the Eternity Forge. So I wonder who'll be the next to die...

Creeper1846 posted: »

Well when Rocket wasn’t able to revive Llya I was constantly saying to myself it needs a sacrifice. We obviously know that each episode is g

• edited June 2017

I don't think that guy is dead. You can still see him moving his head when Peter goes to retrieve the Forge.

Acheive250 posted: »

Well when Rocket wasn’t able to revive Llya I was constantly saying to myself it needs a sacrifice. Yes, and something pretty cool t

• Whaaat? But... No, no... It'd be such a cool and sneaky way to recharge the Forge for something later on! Damn it... Are you sure!?

I don't think that guy is dead. You can still see him moving his head when Peter goes to retrieve the Forge.

• Nah. I think you're confusing "More Than A Feeling" by Boston with the also excellent but very different "Hooked on a Feeling" by Blue Swede.

Wasn't this song in the movie(s)?

• I'm pretty sure.

Whaaat? But... No, no... It'd be such a cool and sneaky way to recharge the Forge for something later on! Damn it... Are you sure!?

• Anyone else have a feeling that the season will end with something happening to each Guardian?

• Peter will likely be shaped as a person based on our choices.
    • Rocket may leave the Guardians.
    • Drax could find a new purpose.
    • Gamora and Nebula might reconnect successfully
    • Groot could become meaner or nicer perhaps?

Plus, we'll probably have the option to revive at least one person from the backstories, or, considering that Drax has multiple people he has lost and because he doesn't appear in the 'Next Time' segments, then perhaps Drax may die and be one of the options to revive??

Sign in to comment in this discussion.